This Wireless news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about wireless and wi-fi news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Shure Aonic 215 review: True wireless never sounded so good
Once we started listening, we just didn't want to take the Shure Aonic 215 true wireless
out of our ears. The audio quality is simply sublime. Only
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 2 Apr 2020.
- The FCC sets a vote on opening the 6GHz band for unlicensed Wi-Fi use - CNET
The April 23 decision could open up 1,200MHz of new bandwidth for next-gen, Wi-Fi
CNET. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Sony's WF-XB700 earbuds offer extra bass and WH-CH710N cans have ANC
Sony's 1000XM3s are popular noise cancellation wireless
earbuds, but they're also expensive at $200. Now, to appeal to shoppers on a tighter budget, Sony
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- California governor says 'We need more Googles' as company offers free Wi-Fi and Chromebooks to students
As kids are forced to continue school from home amid the coronavirus pandemic, Google is offering to help with internet and laptops.
CNBC. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Canceled Vacation, But New Gadget Discovery
Need a wireless
handheld translator? This will do the trick.
Forbes. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- You can turn your car into a home office with handy attachments
Handy steering wheel attachments for laptops and the use of onboard wi-fi
in the latest models means the car could be the ideal place to get work done during the pandemic.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 28 Mar 2020.
- Could Cellphone Radiation Raise Risk of ADHD?
Pregnant women exposed to high levels of radiation from cellphones, microwaves, and Wi-Fi
may be increasing their baby's risk for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), a new study suggests.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020.
- Wireless National Outlook Appears Strong Despite Adversities
National Outlook Appears Strong Despite Adversities
Zacks. Friday, 20 Mar 2020.
- This Lifetime VPN Keeps Prying Eyes Away From Your Personal Data Online
Suddenly, public Wi-Fi
doesn't seem so scary anymore.
Daily Caller. Friday, 13 Mar 2020.
- Coronavirus Turmoil Takes a Toll on Global 5G Rollouts
The worldwide deployment of 5G wireless
networks is showing signs of slowing down, denting near-term sales prospects of networking equipment makers.
Zacks. Friday, 13 Mar 2020.
- Samsung's 'Bean' earbuds could keep you in shape with a workout tracker, report reveals
Samsung filed a trademark request for a new pair of wireless
earbuds codenamed 'Bean' that includes software for a fitness guide and another that measures the wearer's activity.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 4 Mar 2020.
- Rail station wi-fi provider exposed traveller data
The unprotected database included phone numbers, email addresses, dates of birth and reasons for travel.
BBC News. Monday, 2 Mar 2020.
- Nokia CEO Suri steps down, Lundmark named successor
The CEO of wireless
networks company Nokia is stepping down from the post and will be succeeded by an energy executive. The company announced Monday that Pekka Lundmark will take on the role on Sept. 1 from Rajeev Suri. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 2 Mar 2020.
- New Scottish technology could end trains' wi-fi 'notspots'
Researchers develop a satellite antenna that could end the frustrations of millions of rail passengers.
BBC News. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- 5G: The New Battle Of Britain
Today Britain faces an existential struggle not unlike the one it faced in 1940, over whether China will dominate its 5G wireless
future. The United States must help Britain become a cornerstone of a 5G Arsenal of Democracy.
Forbes. Tuesday, 18 Feb 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries