This Wireless news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about wireless and wi-fi news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Best cheap true wireless headphones: The 6 top AirPods alternatives for $80 or less - CNET
Looking for an AirPods alternative that costs a lot less? Here are some top budget true-wireless models worth considering.
CNET. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Huawei gets double bad news from SD Association and Wi-Fi Alliance - CNET
More trouble for the Chinese phone maker.
CNET. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Major UK festivals to go plastic-free
Reading and Leeds, Wireless, Latitude and Download will all ban single-use plastics by 2021.
BBC News. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- McKinney Exploring 5G Wireless Tech Options
The race is on to build the next generation of wireless networks and at least one Collin County city hopes to be on the ground floor. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Report: Justice Department to Block T-Mobile-Sprint Merger
Antitrust officials at the DOJ are poised to block the deal between the two wireless carriers, days after the FCC announced it planned to approve the merger.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Get a free PS4 or Sony wireless headphones if you pre-order Sony's Xperia 1 flagship
Sony has announced the new Xperia 1 flagship phone is now available to pre-order. The Xperia 1 is the first 4K OLED phone with a 6.5-inch 21:9 display
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Dish plunges on concern that its wireless spectrum will lose value after Sprint-T-Mobile tie-up
The FCC head plans to recommend approval of the Sprint-T-Mobile deal, which means it may be harder for Dish to find a spectrum partner.
CNBC. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- FCC commissioner on Huawei: Suppliers for 5G wireless in US need to 'share Western values'
FCC's Brendan Carr defines "Western values" as recognizing intellectual property rights and "respecting the First Amendment."
CNBC. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Sony takes on Beats with its Extra Bass WH-XB900N wireless headphones and bluetooth speaker
Sony has added two new devices to its Extra Bass range of audio products: the WH-XB900N wireless headphones with ANC and the SRS-XB402M with Amazon Alexa
Pocket Lint. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Snag These Premium Bang & Olufsen Headphones for Nearly Half Off
Bang & Olufsen's H4 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones are the premium wireless audio experience you've been waiting for.
Entrepreneur. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- VIDEO: Robber disarms Houston police officer, holds her at gunpoint on her 1st day
The police officer was working a security shift at a Verizon Wireless store in Texas when armed robbers rushed in.
ABC News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Bus services should be designed for young people, says watchdog
Transport Focus says tickets need to be easier to buy and recommends firms install onboard wi-fi.
BBC News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Sprint T-Mobile Merger: Overview Of Some Of The Recent Developments
The planned merger between wireless carriers Sprint (NYSE: S) and T-Mobile (NASDAQ:TMUS), which was announced in late April 2018, continues to be reviewed by regulators. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Canada's wireless Amber Alert system can be improved. That shouldn't be a taboo suggestion: Robyn Urback
It takes a unique combination of dumb and evil to call 911 because an alert about a missing child roused you from your sleep. ...
CBC News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Comtech Ensures Additional Revenues With US Army Contract
Comtech Telecommunications (CMTL) continues to provide market-leading products for messaging, location and deployable wireless communications.
Zacks. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries