This Wind Energy news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about wind energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Ameren plans another new wind farm for northwest Missouri
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) - Missouri's largest electricity provider has announced plans for another wind energy facility in northwest Missouri. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Bill targeting wind energy line stalls in Missouri Senate
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) - Legislation that could thwart a large wind-energy power line has hit a roadblock in the Missouri Senate. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Bernie Mocks Trump 'Profound Scientist' for Wind Energy Quip
President Donald Trump's claim last August that wind turbines cause cancer, was mocked by Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., describing it as an assertion from a "profound scientist."
Newsmax. Sunday, 5 May 2019.
- China to promote using wind energy to power heating
China on Friday said it would promote using energy generated by the wind to help power heating systems during the bitterly cold winters seen in many parts of the country.
Reuters. Friday, 19 Apr 2019.
- Chuck Grassley: Trump's Comments on Wind Energy 'Idiotic'
President Donald Trump's remark that noise from wind turbines can cause cancer is "idiotic," Sen. ...
Newsmax. Wednesday, 3 Apr 2019.
- A Layperson's Guide On How Wind Turbines Make Energy And How To Store It Too
Some really smart people have actually thought about how to generate and store wind energy.
Forbes. Sunday, 31 Mar 2019.
- Lake Erie wind farm project gets Army Corps of Engineers approval
An offshore wind energy project planned for Lake Erie, off the
Reuters. Monday, 25 Mar 2019.
- Microsoft to Buy Wind Energy, Focus on Renewables Continue
Microsoft (MSFT) inks two 15-year agreements to buy wind energy generated by Timber Road IV Wind Farm project.
Zacks. Friday, 8 Mar 2019.
- Discovering the next generation of catalysts
The use of solar and wind energy must be doubled to meet the world's demand for clean energy over the next 30 years. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 5 Mar 2019.
- Tech and Oil Giants Help High Altitude Wind Power Take Flight
Oil giant Shell has teamed up with Google to commercialize the potentially disruptive technology of high altitude wind energy systems. ...
Forbes. Friday, 1 Mar 2019.
- China leads the way as wind energy sees another year of stable growth
China is looking to cement its position as a wind energy powerhouse.
CNBC. Tuesday, 26 Feb 2019.
- Wind energy suffers tough year in Europe with 12 nations failing to install a single turbine
A range of factors were responsible for a tricky 2018.
CNBC. Thursday, 21 Feb 2019.
- Energy-Short Pakistan Moves to Power Up Solar Manufacturing
Pakistan's government has proposed to eliminate taxes associated with manufacturing of solar and wind energy equipment in the country, in an effort to boost the production and use of renewable power and overcome power shortages. ...
Voice of America. Tuesday, 29 Jan 2019.
- BP to Divest Three Wind Energy Plants in Texas to Ares
BP is restructuring its portfolio for the long term and thus divesting three wind energy plants.
Zacks. Monday, 24 Dec 2018.
- Upwind wind plants can reduce flow to downwind neighbors
New research highlights a previously unexplored consequence of the global proliferation of wind energy facilities: a wake effect from upwind facilities that can reduce the energy production of their downwind neighbors.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 18 Dec 2018.
Windmill for energy production
Related Directory Page(s)
Wind Energy Systems Providers News Headlines and News Summaries