This Wind Energy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about wind energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Duke Energy (DUK) to Gain From Investments, COVID-19 Woes Persist
Duke Energy (DUK), with its systematic investments in solar and wind energy, remains a promising option for utility-focused investors. However, covid-19 related issues weigh on the stock.
Zacks. Tuesday, 29 Jun 2021.
- BP Confirms Shearwater Stake Divestment to Tailwind Energy
BP sells its stake in the Shearwater field, wherein current production stands at 18,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day.
Zacks. Wednesday, 26 May 2021.
- Renewables could displace fossil fuels to power the world by 2050, report claims
Solar and wind energy
could replace fossil fuels entirely to become the world's power source by 2050, a new report has claimed.
CNBC. Sunday, 25 Apr 2021.
- Political Risk Analysis: Is Mexico Declaring War Against Clean Energy?
Mexico has ample opportunities to attract solar and wind energy
investment, but recent legal and regulatory changes are scaring investors and derailing climate goals.
Forbes. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Danish energy giant Orsted is pivoting to onshore wind in new $684 million deal
Europe is home to a well-developed wind energy
industry encompassing both onshore and offshore installations.
CNBC. Friday, 16 Apr 2021.
- Iceland to tap into wind energy
Iceland is one of the greenest countries on Earth, but the nation has yet to harness its strong winds. Jonathan Vigliotti reports on how that's about to change.
CBS News. Sunday, 11 Apr 2021.
- Can Offshore Wind Energy Deliver Power To Millions Of Americans?
The Biden administration is going long on offshore wind energy
-- a costly investment that it says will ultimately pay off because of its policies on carbon neutrality.
Forbes. Thursday, 1 Apr 2021.
- California Condors Get an Assist From an Unlikely Source: A Wind Power Company
Federal wildlife authorities in California are working with a wind energy
company to breed the endangered birds in captivity to replace any that may be killed by turbine blades. Conservationists are skeptical.
New York Times. Wednesday, 3 Mar 2021.
- Joe Biden signs orders in climate change including to end drilling on all federal land
President Joe Biden will sign a host of climate initiatives, which include ending drilling on federal land and doubling wind energy
after he canceled the controversial Keystone XL pipeline.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Biden to sign executive orders on environment
Oil and gas extraction will be paused and wind energy
will expand under Joe Biden's climate plan.
BBC News. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
Wind Energy Systems Providers News Headlines and News Summaries