This Wind Energy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about wind energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Renewable energy is a blackout risk, warns National Grid after outage
The company, which is responsible for keeping the lights on, has downplayed the role of wind energy
in the power cut that caused widespread chaos earlier this month.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 18 Aug 2019.
- Work to start soon on Texan wind farm that will power over 160,000 homes
When it comes to wind energy
in the U.S., Texas is a leader.
CNBC. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Growth of wind energy points to future challenges, promise
Advances in adapting the technology and better methods for predicting wind conditions have fanned significant growth of the use of wind turbines for electricity in the last 40 years. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Experts blame UK's over-reliance on wind energy on worst power cut in years
Blackouts on Friday resulted in widespread disruption to trains and roads. It has now emerged there were two significant drops in the stability of the UK's electricity supply in May and June.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 10 Aug 2019.
- Will Broadwind Energy (BWEN) Report Negative Earnings Next Week? What You Should Know
Broadwind (BWEN) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Friday, 26 Jul 2019.
- Scotland just produced enough wind energy to power all its homes twice over
Europe is home to some of the world's most ambitious and innovative wind energy
CNBC. Monday, 15 Jul 2019.
- Scottish wind power output at record high
Research suggests turbines could power over four million homes in a "wind energy revolution".
BBC News. Sunday, 14 Jul 2019.
- Gone with the Wind: Inefficiency and Hazardous Nature of Wind Energy Impedes Renewable Crusade
If wind energy
is so wonderful, why are the economic powerhouses of the world increasingly turning toward fossil fuels and nuclear?
American Thinker. Saturday, 29 Jun 2019.
- Microsoft (MSFT) to Purchase 90 MW of Wind Energy From Eneco
Microsoft (MSFT) enters into agreement with Eneco to buy 90 MW of wind energy
generated by the Netherlands-based Borssele III/IV project.
Zacks. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Bernie Mocks Trump 'Profound Scientist' for Wind Energy Quip
President Donald Trump's claim last August that wind turbines cause cancer, was mocked by Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., describing it as an assertion from a "profound scientist."
Newsmax. Sunday, 5 May 2019.
- China to promote using wind energy to power heating
China on Friday said it would promote using energy generated by the wind to help power heating systems during the bitterly cold winters seen in many parts of the country.
Reuters. Friday, 19 Apr 2019.
- Potential wind power ban near N Carolina coast gets airing
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Legislation that pits jobs at North Carolina's military bases against wind energy
gets its first airing at the state legislature. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 10 Apr 2019.
- Chuck Grassley: Trump's Comments on Wind Energy 'Idiotic'
President Donald Trump's remark that noise from wind turbines can cause cancer is "idiotic," Sen. ...
Newsmax. Wednesday, 3 Apr 2019.
- A Layperson's Guide On How Wind Turbines Make Energy And How To Store It Too
Some really smart people have actually thought about how to generate and store wind energy
Forbes. Sunday, 31 Mar 2019.
- Tech and Oil Giants Help High Altitude Wind Power Take Flight
Oil giant Shell has teamed up with Google to commercialize the potentially disruptive technology of high altitude wind energy
Forbes. Friday, 1 Mar 2019.
Wind Energy Systems Providers News Headlines and News Summaries