This Wind Energy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about wind energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Central US Leads Wind Industry Growth: Stocks to Watch
Declining cost of wind power generation sets the stage for Utilities to shun coal and adopt wind energy, as well as for corporates to invest heavily in the U.S. wind industry
Zacks. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- New system uses wind turbines to defend the US national grid from power cuts
A 'smart' system that controls the storage and release of energy from wind turbines will reduce the risk of power cuts and support the increase of wind energy
use world-wide, say researchers.
Science Daily. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- U.S. Renewable Consumption Surpasses Coal: Stocks to Gain
Solar and wind energy
dominate the U.S. renewable space as a source of electricity generation.
Zacks. Thursday, 4 Jun 2020.
- North Dakota's largest power plant looks set to close as the owner bets on wind energy
The Coal Creek Station facility is located roughly 50 miles north of Bismarck.
CNBC. Monday, 11 May 2020.
- Coronavirus continues to impact the wind energy sector as Germany's Nordex withdraws guidance
Company says Covid-19 pandemic will affect results from second quarter of 2020.
CNBC. Wednesday, 6 May 2020.
- Solar and wind energy sites mapped globally for the first time
Researchers have mapped the global locations of major renewable energy sites, providing a valuable resource to help assess their potential environmental impact.
Science Daily. Monday, 4 May 2020.
- Oil And Gas Companies See Opportunity In Offshore Wind Energy
The oil and gas industry has taken a hit from oversupply and the coronavirus, underscoring the need to diversify its offerings. Offshore wind could be an ideal match.
Forbes. Monday, 16 Mar 2020.
Wind Energy Systems Providers News Headlines and News Summaries