This Wind Energy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about wind energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- China's wind energy sector faces significant impact due to the coronavirus, Wood Mackenzie warns
China is home to a huge amount of onshore wind, and it also produces parts used in wind turbines.
CNBC. Monday, 17 Feb 2020.
- Missouri House passes bill targeting wind energy line
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) - Lawmakers in Missouri's Republican-led state House on Monday voted to ban the use of eminent domain for a large wind-energy power line, a move that could present a major setback for the project. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 27 Jan 2020.
- Wind energy powerhouse Vestas announces plans for 'zero-waste' turbines
The company says it will present its new waste-management strategy in the next two years.
CNBC. Monday, 20 Jan 2020.
- Virginia company proposes 30 wind turbines for eastern Maine
COLUMBIA, Maine (AP) - A Virginia-based wind energy
firm has proposed the construction of 30 wind turbines in Maine. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 21 Dec 2019.
- Biodiversity and wind energy
The location and operation of wind energy
plants are often in direct conflict with the legal protection of endangered species. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 27 Nov 2019.
- Solar and wind energy preserve groundwater for drought, agriculture
A new study is among the first to show that solar and wind energy
not only enhance drought resilience, but also aid in groundwater sustainability. Researchers used California as a case study.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 6 Nov 2019.
- PNM Resource to Acquire Western Spirit, Receives NMPRC's Nod
PNM Resource's (PNM) acquisition will strengthen its existing system and enable it to accommodate 800-MW new wind energy
Zacks. Tuesday, 8 Oct 2019.
- Wind Growth Powers Ahead
The latest predictions from the Global Wind Energy
Council (GWEC) suggest that wind capacity could reach 840GW by 2022, up by 56% from the recorded 539GW at the end of 2017.
Forbes. Wednesday, 25 Apr 2018.
- Belgium to double offshore wind energy capacity as it exits nuclear power
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Belgium will double the area of its North Sea waters made available to offshore wind parks after 2020, the government announced on Friday, as part of its exit strategy from nuclear power.
Reuters. Friday, 20 Apr 2018.
- Alliant Energy to Expand Renewable Energy Generation in Iowa
Alliant Energy (LNT) receives regulatory approval for the addition of 1,000 MW wind energy
Zacks. Wednesday, 18 Apr 2018.
- Renewable energy wins over big businesses in US - CNET
Despite President Trump's call for a coal power renaissance, companies like GM, Target and Starbucks are following Google and Apple in deals for solar and wind energy
CNET. Monday, 16 Apr 2018.
- Power Shift: Anything Coal And Gas Can Do, Renewables And Energy Storage Can Do Cheaper
The cost of wind energy, solar power and battery storage continue to fall rapidly and they are now so low that they are threatening the viability of traditional fossil fuel power plants all over the world.
Forbes. Tuesday, 3 Apr 2018.
- U.S. withdraws from wind energy power line project
March 23 (Reuters) - The U.S. ...
Reuters. Friday, 23 Mar 2018.
Wind Energy Systems Providers News Headlines and News Summaries