This Wind Energy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about wind energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Biden promises transition away from oil by 2050 as Trump says: 'Windmills kill all the birds'
Joe Biden vowed transition away from oil to replace it with wind and solar by 2050 - as Trump claimed he knows more about wind energy
then the Democrat, as he lamented windmills 'kill all the birds'
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Puffins will be driven to extinction by plan to power UK with offshore wind energy by 2030 says RSPB
The UK conservation charity has urged the Government to keep its objectives 'in harmony with nature', recommending to build solar and wind panels in areas with a lower level of biodiversity.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Harnessing wind data to help meet energy needs in Florida
A new study shows how upcoming technological advances could make wind energy
a hot commodity in the Sunshine State.
Science Daily. Thursday, 30 Jul 2020.
- Here's Why BP Signs Accord to Acquire Wind Farm in Indiana
The agreement, once completed, is likely to boost the net wind energy
generation capacity of BP by more than 15% to 1,076 MW.
Zacks. Friday, 17 Jul 2020.
- Why stakeholders in 'wind energy vs biological conservation' conflict have low mutual trust
Each year, wind turbines are responsible for the death of hundreds of thousands of airborne animals such as bats. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Central US Leads Wind Industry Growth: Stocks to Watch
Declining cost of wind power generation sets the stage for Utilities to shun coal and adopt wind energy, as well as for corporates to invest heavily in the U.S. wind industry
Zacks. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- North Dakota's largest power plant looks set to close as the owner bets on wind energy
The Coal Creek Station facility is located roughly 50 miles north of Bismarck.
CNBC. Monday, 11 May 2020.
- Coronavirus continues to impact the wind energy sector as Germany's Nordex withdraws guidance
Company says Covid-19 pandemic will affect results from second quarter of 2020.
CNBC. Wednesday, 6 May 2020.
Wind Energy Systems Providers News Headlines and News Summaries