This Wind Energy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about wind energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Ameren (AEE) Arm Buys Wind Farm, Proceeds With Net-Zero Goal
Ameren's (AEE) unit has acquired a 400-MW wind energy
center in Missouri and is working on the clean energy plan to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.
Zacks. Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020.
- Big Stimulus For Clean Energy: Covid Relief Bill Includes Green Tax Credits For Solar, Wind And Carbon Capture
In a bipartisan boost from Congress, tax credits for solar and wind energy
(ITC and PTC), carbon capture and biofuels appear set to be extended.
Forbes. Monday, 21 Dec 2020.
- Shell's (RDS.A) Offshore Wind JV Bids to Supply Clean Energy
Atlantic Shores, a joint venture of Shell (RDS.A) and EDF Renewables submits proposals to offer New Jersey up to 2,300 MW of offshore wind energy
for a clean energy future.
Zacks. Monday, 14 Dec 2020.
- Supersized wind turbines generate clean energy--and surprising physics
As wind energy
scales up, researchers study the fluid dynamics challenges.
Science Daily. Monday, 23 Nov 2020.
- Policy, not tech, spurred Danish dominance in wind energy
In a new study focused on Denmark, a global leader in wind energy
- a relatively mature and low-cost renewable technology - researchers found that government policies have been the primary driver of that industry's growth and development.
Science Daily. Friday, 6 Nov 2020.
- How the Virus Slowed the Booming Wind Energy Business
Renewable energy developers have struggled to finish projects as the pandemic disrupts construction and global supply chains.
New York Times. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Trump falsely claims wind energy "kills all the birds"
"I know more about wind than you do," Mr. Trump said during the presidential debate, erroneously claiming it "kills all the birds."
CBS News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Biden promises transition away from oil by 2050 as Trump says: 'Windmills kill all the birds'
Joe Biden vowed transition away from oil to replace it with wind and solar by 2050 - as Trump claimed he knows more about wind energy
then the Democrat, as he lamented windmills 'kill all the birds'
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Puffins will be driven to extinction by plan to power UK with offshore wind energy by 2030 says RSPB
The UK conservation charity has urged the Government to keep its objectives 'in harmony with nature', recommending to build solar and wind panels in areas with a lower level of biodiversity.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- North Dakota's largest power plant looks set to close as the owner bets on wind energy
The Coal Creek Station facility is located roughly 50 miles north of Bismarck.
CNBC. Monday, 11 May 2020.
- Coronavirus continues to impact the wind energy sector as Germany's Nordex withdraws guidance
Company says Covid-19 pandemic will affect results from second quarter of 2020.
CNBC. Wednesday, 6 May 2020.
Wind Energy Systems Providers News Headlines and News Summaries