This Wildlife news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about wildlife news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Two critically endangered North Atlantic right whales appear to HUG each other
photographer Brian Skerry and scientists from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution and the New England Aquarium captured the moment on February 28 as the whales interacted.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Chernobyl May Not Be Habitable for Humans for Another 24,0000 Years, But Wildlife Is Thriving
Rare animal species in Chernobyl, from lynxes to wild horses, seem to be weathering all that radiation relatively well.
Mental Floss. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- The Price They Pay for Your Perfect Vacation Photo
Scientists are concerned about unregulated feeding of ocean wildlife
by tour operators.
New York Times. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- World Wildlife Fund chief: How people produce food is destroying the planet
In an interview with CBSN from Davos, WWF International Director Marco Lambertini warns that we're running out of land and resources to feed the globe
CBS News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Sir David Attenborough on nature films vs. zoos
In this web exclusive, naturalist Sir David Attenborough talks with correspondent Mark Phillips about the value of wildlife
documentaries over traditional zoos, and the benefits of each.
CBS News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- This Moth Is Huge in Australia
A giant wood moth, the heaviest of all known moths, appeared on the side of a school building in Queensland, Australia, enthralling students who are used to diverse wildlife
New York Times. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Two orcas are spotted off the coast of CORNWALL
This is the first sighting of the UK's only resident population of orcas travelling this far south, according to Cornwall Wildlife
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Largest expansion of hunting and fishing opportunities proposed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
This is literally big news for hunting and fishing.
Fox News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Income inequality 'drives global wildlife trade'
Some 420 million wild animals have been traded in 226 nations over two decades, new data suggests.
BBC News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Human remains found in two bears following fatal attack on woman
Human remains have been found in two of the three bears euthanised after they were suspected of attacking and killing a woman, according to wildlife
Sky News. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Colorado woman found dead near home from apparent bear attack, wildlife officials say
A Colorado woman was found dead Friday from an apparent bear attack, according to Colorado Parks & Wildlife
Fox News. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- Colorado woman killed in suspected bear attack, wildlife officials say
A Colorado woman out walking her dogs died of a suspected bear attack, officials said.
ABC News. Saturday, 1 May 2021.
- Nature: New laws demand to halt Wales' mass extinction
Restoring nature and wildlife
needs to be as important as tackling climate change, campaigners say.
BBC News. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Two journalists and wildlife activist killed in Burkina Faso ambush
Two Spanish journalists and an Irish citizen have been killed after they were ambushed during an anti-poaching mission in Burkina Faso.
Sky News. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- India's Top National Parks For Wildlife Tourism
Lions, tigers, and bears abound at these pristine wildlife
sanctuaries scattered all across India.
Forbes. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries