This Wildlife news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about wildlife news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Prince of Wales makes his first speech in new role as he attends United for Wildlife summit
The Prince of Wales, 40, praised those 'on the frontline' against commercial poachers at the summit held at the Science Museum in London.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 5 Oct 2022.
- Prince William warns of organised crime threat to wildlife
The Prince of Wales says his campaigning to protect the environment is a way of honouring the Queen.
BBC News. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Prince William's first speech as heir honours his 'much-missed grandmother' with commitments on environment
The Prince of Wales has used his first speech as heir to reaffirm his commitment to environmental causes and the "war" against the illegal wildlife
trade, saying that he will honour the Queen through that work.
Sky News. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Wildlife charity headed by Prince Harry blasted after three men were killed by elephants
The huge operation saw elephants being carefully hoisted into transportation vehicles by cranes and shuttled across the country in impressive scenes which were filmed for promotional material
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Hi-tech gardens at Natural History Museum to track how wildlife reacts to climate
The Natural History Museum is creating hi-tech gardens full of sensors to look at how wildlife
reacts to changes in climate and can be better protected in our towns and cities.
Sky News. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Nature: Sanibel Island
"Sunday Morning" takes us to Florida's Sanibel Island, in calmer times, at the J.N. "Ding" Darling Wildlife
Refuge. Videographer: Charles Schultz.
CBS News. Sunday, 2 Oct 2022.
- Alligators and snakes among Florida's floodwater hazards
Major storms tend to make wildlife
more active, and that's not the only hazard lurking in floodwaters.
CBS News. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Fishing Discouraged After Fish Kill Along Turtle Creek in the Park Cities
An NBC 5 viewer shared photos and video of dead fish in the Trinity River in Highland Park, nearby University Park says the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and Texas Parks and Wildlife
have been notified.
NBC. Thursday, Sep 29 2022.
- WATCH: How zoo animals hunker down for hurricanes
What happens to the residents who can't evacuate -- the animals who live in the state's many zoos and wildlife
ABC News. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- 3 Good Things: Clever raccoons, a scary Airbnb and AI art
Some good news about suburban wildlife, spooky Salem real estate and art by DALL-E.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- 'It could happen to anybody': Boy, 7, attacked by cougar in California
Capt. Patrick Foy of the California Department of Fish and Wildlife
said the boy was walking up some stairs, and the mountain lion came from behind and bit him.
ABC News. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- Wildlife protection helps species thrive in Europe - report
A report on species' recovery highlights the positive impact of protection and rewilding.
BBC News. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- 3 Chimpanzees Kidnapped for Ransom From Congo Sanctuary
In a country where wildlife
trafficking already runs rampant, conservationists fear that ransoming of animals may become a common tactic used by criminals.
New York Times. Friday, 23 Sep 2022.
- Shy Raccoons Are Better Learners Than Bold Ones, Study Finds
management strategies focused on aggressive raccoons may be inadvertently boosting the proportion of more clever ones in cities.
New York Times. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- Kenya App Allows Users to Help Track Rare Mammals
authorities have launched a free mobile phone app that allows users to track sightings of rare mammals to help authorities protect them. ....
Voice of America. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries