This Weight Loss news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about weight loss and weight control news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Weight loss surgery may work better for teens than adults
The damaging effects of obesity accumulate, and the risk of developing other diseases and dying prematurely rises the longer someone goes. But surgery is only really effective for the youngest.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Early weight-loss surgery may improve type 2 diabetes, blood pressure outcomes
Despite similar weight loss, teens who had gastric bypass surgery were significantly more likely to have remission of both type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, compared to adults who had the same procedure. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- New Procedure Offers Long-Term Weight Loss Without Surgery
Could people struggling with obesity make headway in their efforts to shed pounds without having to go under the knife?
Newsmax. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- From creaky joints to gut problems and weight loss: Can herbal tea really ease your strains?
A new generation of teas brings extra health benefits, from boosting gut health to regulating blood sugar levels and even aiding weight loss. But do they live up to their claims?
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- Genetic variants that protect against obesity could aid new weight loss medicines
Around four million people in the UK carry genetic variants that protect them from obesity, type 2 diabetes and heart disease, suggests new research. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 18 Apr 2019.
- 17 weight loss apps and tools that live up to the hype - CNET
Looking to lose weight? Here are the best apps, fitness trackers and other tech that can help.
CNET. Monday, 15 Apr 2019.
- My New Diet Is An App: Weight Loss Goes Digital
The popularity of weight loss apps, especially among younger people, has forced the traditional weight loss programs to revamp their models to include online, on-demand support.
NPR. Monday, 15 Apr 2019.
- Want to lose weight? These are the best apps and devices to try - CNET
Here are the best apps, fitness trackers and other tech that can help with weight loss.
CNET. Saturday, 13 Apr 2019.
- Ariel Winter reveals weight loss was due to switching anti-depressants
The "Modern Family" actress addressed concerns on social media.
Fox News. Thursday, 11 Apr 2019.
- The ROI of a Snooze: 3 Reasons Why Every Entrepreneur Needs to Invest in Quality Sleep
Insufficient sleep can negatively affect the heart, lungs and kidneys; appetite, metabolism and weight control -- and more.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 1 Apr 2019.
- 25-stone paramedic loses half his body weight
Miles Bryers, 24, weighed more than 25 stone before his dramatic weight loss.
BBC News. Thursday, 21 Mar 2019.
- Instagram eating disorder content 'out of control'
Psychiatrists raise concerns as the BBC finds children are swapping extreme images of weight loss.
BBC News. Wednesday, 20 Mar 2019.
- Study finds weight loss target for morbidly obese before knee surgery
(Reuters Health) - For morbidly obese patients having knee replacement surgery, losing at least 20 pounds beforehand leads to shorter hospital stays and lower odds of being discharged to a facility, a new study has found.
Reuters. Tuesday, 19 Mar 2019.
- Former All-Pro offensive lineman Joe Thomas looks radically different from NFL days
Former Cleveland Browns offensive lineman Joe Thomas was seen in a social media picture over the weekend sporting a slimmer figure and shared his secret to his incredible weight loss.
Fox News. Tuesday, 19 Mar 2019.
- FTC settles first-ever lawsuit involving fake online retailer reviews
The company marketed a plant extract, garcinia cambogia, which they claimed caused weight loss with no scientific evidence.
ABC News. Wednesday, 27 Feb 2019.
Poster showing weight-loss progression
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries