This Weight Loss news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about weight loss and weight control news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Woman loses 117 pounds after being turned away from bridal boutique
At 264 lbs., DJ Jarman, from Hamilton, New Zealand, was turned away from a bridal boutique, so she had weight loss
surgery, which helped her lose about 117 pounds after a decade of being overweight.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- 3 dietitians debunk 18 weight loss myths, from cutting carbs to fad diets
Should you cut fat or carbs from your diet to lose weight? Are all calories equal? Here are some of the most common weight loss
Yahoo. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Eating disorders in UK sport: 'A general culture that weight loss is good'
Athletes tell BBC Panorama about their experiences of eating disorders in UK sport.
BBC News. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Mother claimed she was fat-shamed by NHS leaflet on weight loss just seven weeks after giving birth
Dawn Wilson, 29, of Forth, South Lanarkshire, was shocked to receive a leaflet in the post from her local NHS trust, advising her to attend exercise classes, which are mostly cancelled due to Covid-19.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Jessica Simpson shows off abs after 100-lbs. weight loss
Jessica Simpson is celebrating her new fitness line.
Fox News. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Mums who have transformed their bodies share how to lose five kilos in a month
A group of Australian mothers have shared their best weight loss
tips after transforming their bodies, so you can lose five kilos by the end of October.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- Intermittent fasting alone does not boost weight loss and could cause loss of muscle, according to a new study
A small study found that, without calorie restriction, intermittent fasting did not have much impact on weight, and put people at risk of weight gain.
Yahoo. Monday, 28 Sep 2020.
- The Underused Weight Loss Option: Bariatric Surgery
Experts say it can result in long-term weight loss
and significantly improve physical and emotional health and even longevity.
New York Times. Monday, 28 Sep 2020.
- TikTok bans ads for fasting apps and restricts ads that promote 'negative body image'
TikTok says it will ban advertisements for fasting apps and weight loss
supplements and is increasing restrictions for ads that "promote a harmful and negative body image."
CNBC. Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020.
- 10 business principles I learned from getting healthy
When Carl Medford set off on a weight loss
journey, he soon realized that the same principles of commitment, coaching and overcoming failure could be applied to business. Here's everything he learned.
Inman. Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020.
- Kieran Amos: Footballer who lost 7st in lockdown nets hat-trick
Kieran Amos "ballooned" to 21st before a weight loss
challenge and had not played for seven years.
BBC News. Monday, 7 Sep 2020.
- Investigational COVID-19 vaccine candidate prevents severe clinical disease in animals
New research demonstrates that a candidate COVID-19 vaccine elicited robust immune response in Syrian golden hamsters and prevented severe clinical disease -- including weight loss, pneumonia and death.
Science Daily. Thursday, 3 Sep 2020.
- Spouses shed more pounds together than alone
Weight loss is most successful in heart attack survivors when partners join in the effort to diet, according to new research.
Science Daily. Thursday, 27 Aug 2020.
- Exercise boosts seniors' brain health: Study
Daily health headlines: Exercise may boost blood flow to seniors' brains, a possible risk for women having weight loss
surgery found, plus new confusing data about pancreatic cancer.
CBS News. Thursday, 13 Aug 2020.
- Intermittent Fasting May Aid Weight Loss
Obese men and women who restricted the times they ate lost weight and had metabolic benefits.
New York Times. Monday, 27 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries