This Weight Loss news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about weight loss and weight control news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Should I be worried my GP 's labelled me 'frail'? DR MARTIN SCURR answers your health questions
DR MARTIN SCURR: Frailty is measured using indicators such as weakness, fatigue, weight loss, low physical activity, poor balance and cognitive impairment.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger's son Christopher shows off trimmed-down figure after revealing weight loss
Arnold Schwarzenegger's son Christopher stepped out for lunch revealing he's lost even more weight. Christopher first made headlines in 2020 for his dramatic weight loss
Fox News. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- How Weight Training May Help With Weight Control
People who regularly do muscle-strengthening exercises are about 20 to 30 percent less likely to become obese over time than people who do not.
New York Times. Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021.
- Fitness coach shares her top tips for nailing fat loss
Melbourne trainer Sophie Allen, 30, says following this seven-step approach is the key to steady and sustainable weight loss
Daily Mail. Monday, 5 Jul 2021.
- Magnetic weight loss device prevents mouth from opening more than .2cm, sparks outcry
A new weight-loss device that uses magnets to stop a person's jaw from opening wide enough to eat solid foods has been developed to help fight the "global obesity epidemic."
Fox News. Tuesday, 29 Jun 2021.
- Vitalife program helps couple shed nearly 300 lbs.
A couple hopes to inspire others to live healthier after dropping nearly 300 lbs. through the Vitalife Weight Loss
ABC News. Monday, 28 Jun 2021.
- North Korea: Kim Jong-un weight loss remark aired on state TV
State media air unprecedented footage of one citizen saying the leader looked "emaciated".
BBC News. Monday, 28 Jun 2021.
- Magnetic weight loss device that locks jaw almost shut created to 'fight global obesity'
A weight loss
device which uses magnets to stop a person's jaw from opening wide enough to eat solids has been developed by scientists in New Zealand and the UK.
Sky News. Monday, 28 Jun 2021.
- Kim Jong Un's 'emaciated' appearance leaves nation heartbroken, says report
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's apparent weight loss
which has left him "looking emaciated" is said to have broken the nation's heart "so much".
Sky News. Monday, 28 Jun 2021.
- Kim Jong Un's recent public appearance leads to questions about his health
North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un's recent weight loss
is leading to new questions about his health. David Martin has more.
CBS News. Saturday, 19 Jun 2021.
- FDA approves potential game-changer drug for weight loss, but it comes with a hefty price tag
The FDA has approved the first weight-loss drug in seven years for people who are either obese or overweight with at least one weight related medical condition. CBS News chief medical correspondent Dr. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 9 Jun 2021.
- Novo Nordisk (NVO) Semaglutide Gets FDA Nod for Obesity
Novo Nordisk's (NVO) GLP-1 product, semaglutide gets FDA approval for weight loss
in people living with obesity. It will be marketed by the brand name of Wegovy.
Zacks. Monday, 7 Jun 2021.
- Rejuvenated Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Helps Lead A Potent Toronto Blue Jays Offense
A substantial offseason weight loss
has provided a new spark and resurgence to the Toronto Blue Jays' Vlad Guerrero Jr.
Forbes. Tuesday, 1 Jun 2021.
- Complementary medicines for weight loss not justified, study suggests
Some complementary medicines result in marginal weight loss
but do not benefit health, study suggests.
BBC News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Weight loss coach gives four ways to use those leftover Easter eggs
The leftover hard boiled eggs after Easter can be used for healthy recipes.
ABC News. Sunday, 4 Apr 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries