This Weight Loss news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about weight loss and weight control news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Cardio before or after weight lifting: Which one is better for weight loss? - CNET
The answer isn't as simple as you might think.
CNET. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- Most hospitals don't comply with Leapfrog's surgery volume standards
Less than 25% of hospitals that completed Leapfrog's 2019 Hospital Survey fully met the standard for seven of eight high-risk procedures. Bariatric surgery for weight loss
had 48.1% of hospitals in compliance.
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- Lose up to a stone in four weeks with our new Health Journal... beginning with nutritious breakfasts
The time at which you eat breakfast affects the length of your overnight fast - and the longer you leave it, the better for health and weight loss, according to the latest science.
Daily Mail. Monday, 24 Feb 2020.
- 7 shocking celebrity weight loss transformations
Even celebrities gain weight.
Fox News. Sunday, 23 Feb 2020.
- 7 times Drew Barrymore kept it real about body image, acting and life
Drew Barrymore made headlines this week for her 20-pound weight loss
and comments about the process of inner healing.
Fox News. Saturday, 22 Feb 2020.
- Insufficient evidence backing herbal medicines for weight loss
Researchers have conducted the first global review of herbal medicines for weight loss
in 19 years, finding insufficient evidence to recommend any current treatments.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 18 Feb 2020.
- Weight loss drug Belviq pulled from market over FDA cancer risk concerns
The prescription medication has been in clinical trials that the FDA say show patients could get cancer.
ABC News. Friday, 14 Feb 2020.
- NYPD group collectively loses 3,000 pounds
Three women from the weight loss
group will be on stage at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn for Oprah Winfrey's 2020 Vision tour.
CBS News. Friday, 7 Feb 2020.
- Divisive weight loss wager firm targets UK dieters
American-style weight loss
'betting' websites are using social media to reach British dieters.
BBC News. Friday, 7 Feb 2020.
- Divisive weight loss wager firms target UK dieters
US-style websites where people win money for losing weight are using social media to reach Brits.
BBC News. Friday, 7 Feb 2020.
- Ryan & Val reveal how much they've lost through the Vitalife Weight Loss Program's 20-day challenge
One of the top New Year's resolutions is to lose weight. On NYE, Davis Jaspers, founder of the Vitalife Weight Loss
Program, appeared on "Countdown Chicago 2020" to make an amazing offer to viewers at home.
ABC News. Wednesday, 5 Feb 2020.
- Glasgow woman shares incredible weight loss
Emma Young, 23, from Glasgow, took to Twitter to share two images three years apart that were taken in front of the same hotel mirror in Tenerife.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 25 Jan 2020.
- New Nonsurgical Weight Loss Technique Developed
The Harvard-associated lab that created the "CoolSculpting" process of reducing fat says it's on the trail of the next advance in nonsurgical slimming.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 22 Jan 2020.
- New study debunks notion that salt consumption contributes to weight loss
Researchers found that reducing sodium intake in adults with elevated blood pressure or hypertension decreased thirst, urine volume and blood pressure, but did not affect metabolic energy needs. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 22 Jan 2020.
- FDA Warning: Weight Loss Drug Belviq May Increase Cancer Risk
The FDA has released a public alert regarding the safety of weight loss
drug lorcaserin after a clinical trial assessing safety of the drug showed that it may increase the risk of cancer.
Forbes. Tuesday, 14 Jan 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries