This Wedding news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about weddings from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- First same-sex couples marry in Taiwan
Last week, Taiwan became the first country in Asia to legalize same-sex marriage. Today, the first official weddings are underway.
CBS News. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Taiwan gay marriage: Three couples and a wedding to celebrate equality
Three couples find a special way to celebrate Taiwan becoming the first place in Asia to legalise same-sex marriage.
BBC News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Alabama Public Television refuses to air 'Arthur' episode with gay wedding
"It would be a violation of trust to broadcast the episode," the director of programming at the station told NBC News.
CNBC. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Are our weddings too white?
Why it might be time to rethink the way we celebrate as more couples come from diverse backgrounds.
BBC News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Lady Gabriella Windsor marries at St. George's Chapel, one year after Sussex royal wedding
The celebration marks the third royal wedding at the 15th-century venue in less than a year.
Fox News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Meghan Markle did her royal wedding makeup trial via text
As Meghan Markle was preparing for the royal wedding, her makeup artist was busying traveling, so they conducted her entire makeup trial for the big day through text messages
CBS News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Hospital Holds Bedside Wedding for Cancer Patient
Medical City Arlington hosted a bedside wedding for a cancer patient on Friday, May 17. Photo Credit: Medical City Arlington.
NBC. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Katharine McPhee, David Foster pack on the PDA ahead of wedding: 'I believe in love'
Katharine McPhee and David Foster looked very much in love when the couple posed for pictures on the red carpet.
Fox News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- The Reason Why Grooms Stand to the Right of Brides
Like many wedding traditions, the typical placement of a bride and groom on their wedding day has dark origins.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Oprah Winfrey attends weekend wedding where she gives away one girl who graduated from her academy
Oprah looked flawless and decades younger than her 65 years as she accompanied the bride down the aisle, choosing to wear a cafe-au-lait-colored chiffon caftan for the ceremony.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Bride complains that wedding guest filled up TEN plastic containers with food to take home
A Pennsylvania bride said the guest, a family friend, filled up seven plastic containers with food from the buffet, and three more with dessert. She also took beer and floral centerpieces.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Why Arthur creator Marc Brown enjoyed 'blowing up Twitter' with gay wedding
Marc Brown's long-running kids show Arthur has caused a sensation with its season 22 premiere, with the revelation that recurring character in Elwood City is gay.
CBC News. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Singapore reports first case of rare monkeypox virus
Singapore has reported its first case of the rare monkeypox virus brought in by a Nigerian man who authorities said may have been infected by bushmeat he ate at a wedding.
Reuters. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Your wedding ring came from a neutron star explosion, 4.6 billion years ago - CNET
You like my ring? Gee thanks, just got it from the massive cosmic collision of two neutron stars.
CNET. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Say 'I Do' to Hilton with Seven Dream Bachelorette Getaways Perfect For Every Kind of Bride. Which One Are You?
Weddings are a time to celebrate love and a future with your other half. But bachelorette parties are meant for celebrating with your besties as you mark the end of one chapter of life and start the next. ...
Hsyndicate. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
Bride and groom seated on a bench
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries