This Water news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about water and waters news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Tonga: First foreign aid plane from New Zealand arrives
New Zealand and Australia are sending water
and supplies, after ash was cleared from the runway.
BBC News. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- First flights carrying aid are on their way to volcano and tsunami-stricken Tonga
Aid agencies have warned that Tonga is facing imminent water
and food shortages after crops and drinking sources were inundated with salt water
and ash from the volcanic explosion and Tsunami.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Enormous A68a iceberg released 152 BILLION tonnes of fresh water as it melted
The massive slab of ice released the fresh water
when it scraped past the island of South Georgia last year, according to researchers from the University of Leeds.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- UNICEF Mobilizes Emergency Response After Underwater Volcanic Eruption Plunges Tonga Into Crisis
UNICEF is working with partners to rush emergency supplies to children and families in the island nation.
Forbes. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- American Water (AWK) Missouri Unit to Invest in Water Mains
Works' (AWK) arm is set to invest $52 million to upgrade 18 miles of aging water
mains. This is going to improve water
pressure in the pipelines and lower the possibility of leakage.
Zacks. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Tsunami sends 'violent' waves that cause boat to spill thousands of oil barrels into ocean off Peru
The eruption of a Tonga volcano sent "violent" waves across the Pacific and caused a boat loading oil about 6,200 miles away to topple, spilling thousands of barrels into Peruvian waters
Sky News. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Sewage regularly dumped illegally in England and Wales rivers
Analysis suggests seven water
companies illegally dumped sewage thousands of times between 2017 and 2021.
BBC News. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- In Abu Dhabi, Turning the Desert Into a World-Class Golf Course
At the Yas Links, water
management is vital, as is the type of grass used. It must tolerate saltwater.
New York Times. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Larry Elder blasts LA prosecutor following murder in Maxine Waters' neighborhood
Los Angeles County Democratic District Attorney George Gascon's soft-on-crime policies led to the apparently random murder of a young furniture store employee Tuesday, former California gubernatorial candidate Larry Elder told Fox News.
Fox News. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Why the Volcanic Eruption in Tonga Was a 'Once-in-a-Millennium' Event
The blast, which sent tsunami waves across the Pacific, left thousands of Tongans without access to water
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Dryrobe: The Latest Sportsbrand To Hit Fashion Heights
Just why have dryrobes, designed to keep surfers and cold water
swimmers dry, become a high fashion item?
Forbes. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Essential Utilities (WTRG) to Gain From Investment, Buyouts
Essential Utilities (WTRG), with steady investment and debt management, is poised for growth. However, demand fluctuation related to weather and the risk of contamination of water
is a headwind.
Zacks. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- First fatality reported after undersea volcanic eruption near Tonga
A British woman is the first reported fatality after an underwater volcano erupted near Tonga. Communications with the Pacific island nation have been sporadic.
CBS News. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- Maxine Waters: Kyrsten Sinema, Joe Manchin don't care about minorities
Rep. Maxine Waters, California Democrat, accused two moderate Democratic senators of not caring about minorities in their opposition to voting rights bills. Mrs. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- Maxine Waters attacks Manchin and Sinema over voting bill, says they 'don't care' about Black people
Rep. Maxine Waters
expressed her disdain for the senators blocking the elimination of the filibuster, and said they don't care about Black people.
Fox News. Sunday, 16 Jan 2022.
Water Utility Companies News Headlines and News Summaries