This Warehouse news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about warehouse and warehousing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Washing machine collector takes a whirl back in time
Lee Maxwell started collecting washing machines years ago, and now he has enough to fill two warehouses. Steve Hartman has his story "On the Road."
CBS News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Amazon employee dies at Bessemer, Alabama, warehouse, site of unionization drive
Amazon declined to share further details about the situation, noting that it was a personal medical incident.
CNBC. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- 11/10: CBS Evening News
Olympian Aly Raisman comes forward about sexual abuse by former doctor; how an unassuming warehouse
is catering to thousands of hungry minds
CBS News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- 16 Secrets of Amazon Warehouse Employees
Current and former Amazon fulfillment center associates talk everything from the perils of shipping kitty litter to sharing work space with artificial intelligence: "The robots will not stop for anything."
Mental Floss. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Amazon warehouse in Rialto fined $41,000 for coronavirus safety violations
Cal/OSHA fined Amazon for failing to adequately train workers in coronavirus safety and log 217 COVID cases at its Rialto fulfillment center in 2020.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Maskless and Sweaty: Clubbing Returns to Britain for a Weekend
In Liverpool, people danced together at a warehouse
party as part of a scientific trial of how and if social distancing can safely end.
New York Times. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- eBay's fake trainers test - and watches will be next
The online marketplace is now offering an Authenticity Guarantee service with shoe experts based at a warehouse
in London analysing expensive trainers to root out counterfeits.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- Carphone billionaire Ross quits months into Royal Opera House tenure
David Ross, the billionaire co-founder of The Carphone Warehouse
and prominent Conservative Party donor, is to step down as chairman of the Royal Opera House (ROH) just months into a four-year tenure.
Sky News. Saturday, 1 May 2021.
- Chicago-area warehouse fined after 23 employees test positive for COVID-19 and one DIES
A Naperville warehouse
is being fined more than $12,000 for failing to contain a COVID outbreak at the end of October, when an employee brought her colleagues tacos for lunch.
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Amazon is spending big to take on UPS and FedEx
Amazon's capital expenditures grew 80% over the trailing 12 months, as the company added more warehouses and grew its fleet of airplanes, trucks and vans.
CNBC. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Naperville warehouse failed to contain deadly COVID outbreak, OSHA says
An OSHA investigation found that a Naperville company failed to contain a deadly COVID-19 outbreak last fall.
ABC News. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- FDA Issues Scathing Report Of Baltimore Warehouse Where Johnson & Johnson Vaccines Were Ruined
The report said the facility did not properly train personnel or adequately clean the warehouse
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- Developers Flock to Cold Storage as Americans Stock Their Freezers
Companies are seeking to build, buy or invest in the sector, despite construction costs that are roughly triple that of an ordinary warehouse
New York Times. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- Silvergate (SI) to Report Q1 Earnings: What's in the Cards?
Silvergate's (SI) Q1 earnings are likely to have witnessed increase in non-interest income on solid rise in mortgage warehouse
and deposits-related fees, thereby supporting revenue growth.
Zacks. Monday, 19 Apr 2021.
- Indianapolis FedEx shooting: Who were the eight victims?
Four of the eight who died at a FedEx warehouse
were members of the Sikh community.
BBC News. Sunday, 18 Apr 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries