This Warehouse news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about warehouse and warehousing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Nucor (NUE) Acquires Hannibal, Enhances Warehouse Services
Nucor (NUE) announces the acquisition of Hannibal Industries and the transaction is expected to widen its solution to warehouses and distribution customers.
Zacks. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Chefs' Warehouse (CHEF) May Report Negative Earnings: Know the Trend Ahead of Next Week's Release
(CHEF) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- 'You guys paid for all this': Bezos' comments on Amazon workers after spaceflight draw backlash
Critics countered that he should show his thanks by supporting unionization efforts at Amazon's warehouses and by paying more taxes.
ABC News. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Costco to keep special senior shopping hours at all US stores
chain made the announcement Monday, two weeks after it initially said it would end the special shopping hour at the end of July.
ABC News. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- Thousands of orders cancelled after Ocado robot fire
The online grocer says the blaze was caused by a collision between robots at one of its warehouses.
BBC News. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- 'This is really out of control': Chaos as food warehouses ransacked in more South Africa looting
More soldiers could be deployed on to the streets of South Africa as the army and police struggle to clamp down on days of looting and violence.
Sky News. Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021.
- Sam's Club unveils pilot where shoppers scan purchases and have items shipped home
club has used digital approaches to stand out from competitors and act as a tech incubator for parent company Walmart.
CNBC. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- Soaring warehouse demand boosts commercial real estate market as office vacancies mount
While offices sit vacant following the pandemic, warehouse
space has never been so hot as e-retailers and logistics companies scour the country for facilities.
CNBC. Saturday, 10 Jul 2021.
- No-frills storage company EasyStorage set to double in size
Founded in 2017 by industry veteran Tim Slesinger who pays to use the 'easy' brand, easyStorage will double its number of warehouses from 19 to 40 by the end of next year.
Daily Mail. Monday, 28 Jun 2021.
- Murder at Millwall 'illegal rave': Man is stabbed to death at warehouse beside south London club
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested following the fatal stabbing of a man in South Bermondsey, south London, at around 11:50pm last night. The unidentified man died at the scene.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 27 Jun 2021.
- Teamsters union votes overwhelmingly to organize Amazon workers
The Teamsters, one of America's largest unions, votes to help organize Amazon warehouse
and delivery workers in a nationwide effort.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 24 Jun 2021.
- Online shopping trend makes warehousing hot property
The logistics industry has been building at breakneck speed, but we still haven't reached "peak shed".
BBC News. Sunday, 20 Jun 2021.
- Explosions Rock Moscow As Fireworks Warehouse Burns
Plumes of smoke have been rising over an area of central Moscow along the Moscow River, and bystanders have reported hearing explosions.
Radio Liberty. Saturday, 19 Jun 2021.
- What We Learned About Amazon's Warehouse Workers
Outsiders see a business success story for the ages. Many insiders see an employment system under strain.
New York Times. Wednesday, 16 Jun 2021.
- Meet Amazon's robots
According to recent Occupational Safety and Health Administration data, workers at Amazon fulfillment centers were seriously injured about twice as often as employees in other warehouses. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 13 Jun 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries