This Warehouse news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about warehouse and warehousing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Cracking the criminal Enigma Code: How a telecoms expert snared sickening organised crime gang
Inside the warehouse
were seven shipping containers. Six had been fitted out as underworld prison cells. The seventh was a purpose-built gangsters' torture chamber, almost finished and ready to use.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Sportsman's Warehouse (SPWH) Outpaces Stock Market Gains: What You Should Know
(SPWH) closed the most recent trading day at $14.42, moving +1.69% from the previous trading session.
Zacks. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- U.S. may need another 1 billion square feet of warehouse space by 2025 as e-commerce booms
With online sales proliferating during the coronavirus pandemic, the U.S. is going to need more warehouses to store hoards of boxes and handle those orders.
CNBC. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Police find drug gang's sound-proofed torture chamber dubbed 'the treatment room' in the Netherlands
The torture shipping container, was discovered in a warehouse
in Wouwse Plantage, south of Rotterdam, Netherlands, as part of a worldwide crack down on criminal phone network EncroChat.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Are Options Traders Betting on a Big Move in Chefs' Warehouse (CHEF) Stock
Investors need to pay close attention to Chefs' Warehouse
(CHEF) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
Zacks. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Editorial: L.A. is being forced to house 3,100 people under freeways. What about everyone else?
A federal judge ordered the city and county to provide beds and services for people. But options are scarce, and warehousing
them in large congregate settings is the worst option. Outdoor camping is no better.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Amazon memo reveals Covid-19 was more prevalent in Minnesota warehouse than surrounding areas
Top Amazon executives including Dave Clark, the company's senior vice president of global operations, have said infection rates at warehouses match or are lower than the cities they're in. ...
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- 1 killed, 2 hurt in shooting outside Florida Amazon facility near Jacksonville
The 20-year-old man who was fatally shot was waiting in line outside the Amazon warehouse
to apply for a job.
ABC News. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Waitrose delivery expansion to create 800 jobs
Waitrose says it is to open a third warehouse
in London to cope with surging demand for grocery deliveries in the capital amid the continuing coronavirus pandemic.
Sky News. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- 3rd victim dies after suspect opens fire on coworkers in Springfield, authorities say
A third person who was critically wounded in a shooting at an Illinois warehouse
ABC News. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- Bunn-O-Matic Shooting: 2 Dead, 1 Critically Wounded, Officials Say
The gunman was later found dead and the authorities were investigating a motive for the attack at the Bunn-O-Matic warehouse
in Springfield, Ill.
New York Times. Saturday, 27 Jun 2020.
- Boohoo swoops again to snap up Oasis and Warehouse brands
The online retailer also reveals results boosted by sales of "athleisure" items during lockdown.
BBC News. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Amazon to use AI tech in its warehouses to enforce social distancing
Amazon.com Inc on Tuesday launched an artificial intelligence-based tracking system to enforce social distancing at its offices and warehouses to help reduce any risk of contracting the new coronavirus among its workers.
Reuters. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Boohoo snaps up Oasis and Warehouse brands
Fresh evidence of the permanent shift in the power-base of British retailing will emerge this week when Boohoo Group, the online fashion giant, buys the former high street stalwarts Oasis and Warehouse
Sky News. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Amazon Develops Social Distancing Tech Using Augmented Reality
Workers in Amazon's warehouses get real-time visual feedback showing if they are keeping a safe distance from their colleagues.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries