This Warehouse news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about warehouse and warehousing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Amazon Suspends Dozens of Workers For Refusing To Work Following Warehouse Fire
When a fire broke out at one of Amazon's warehouses, workers organized a stoppage.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Amazon suspends at least 50 workers at unionized warehouse after fire protest
Amazon has suspended at least 50 warehouse
employees who refused to work their shifts following a trash compactor fire at one of its New York facilities, according to union organizers.
ABC News. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Fire reported at another Amazon warehouse in New York
A fire broke out late Wednesday at an Amazon facility in upstate New York that's voting in a union election next week.
Washington Times. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Amazon workers say 50 suspended for walkout at "unsafe" warehouse
The Amazon Labor Union calls the suspensions "clear retaliation" for employees' refusal to work in a warehouse
they claim was full of smoke after a fire.
CBS News. Wednesday, 5 Oct 2022.
- Amazon Suspends Staten Island Workers After Protest Over Warehouse Fire
Several dozen night-shift employees at a Staten Island site that recently voted to unionize had refused to work amid safety concerns.
New York Times. Wednesday, 5 Oct 2022.
- Baker Tigga Mac leaves fan guessing which item on the shelf at Chemist Warehouse is actually cake
Talented Melbourne baker Tigga Maccormack who heads Cake for Days has left her followers scratching their heads after challenging the to spot which item on a store's shelf is a cake.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Chefs' Warehouse (CHEF) Stock Moves -0.38%: What You Should Know
In the latest trading session, Chefs' Warehouse
(CHEF) closed at $28.97, marking a -0.38% move from the previous day.
Zacks. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- Amazon hikes pay for warehouse and delivery workers
The wage hikes come as Amazon prepares to enter the peak holiday shopping season, and it stares down growing organizing efforts among its front-line workforce.
CNBC. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Warehouses Are In Hot Demand Right Now. Here Are 5 Things You Should Know Before You Join The Race For Warehouse Space.
Finding the right warehouse
for your business isn't rocket science, but there are more variables and emerging solutions than you might think.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Solar Panels Remain Stuck In Warehouses As European Energy Crisis Darkens
EU launched a solar energy initiative in May
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- Amazon temporarily closes some Florida warehouses as Hurricane Ian approaches
Employees at Amazon sites near Tampa and Orlando received notices of temporary closures.
CNBC. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- New Amazon warehouse robot can handle ONE THOUSAND items per hour using 'pinch-grasp' technology
A new 'pinch-grasping' robot system unveiled by Amazon shows the machine deftly grabbing and stowing a wide range of different items - moving at a fast rate of 1,000 items per hour.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- Dallas Neighbors Fight Warehouse Zoning Plan
Capella Park was to be a large single-family home development with many phases but warehouse
developers are competing for land.
NBC. Thursday, Sep 22 2022.
- Chefs' Warehouse (CHEF) Stock Moves -1.43%: What You Should Know
(CHEF) closed at $34.37 in the latest trading session, marking a -1.43% move from the prior day.
Zacks. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- Take a Trip Through David Byrne's Mind
'Theater of the Mind' is an immersive play that unfolds in a 15,000-square-foot square-foot warehouse
Smithsonian. Friday, 16 Sep 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries