This Warehouse news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about warehouse and warehousing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Warehouse Tenant Pleads Guilty in Ghost Ship Fire That Killed 36
Some relatives of those killed in the Oakland warehouse
fire in 2016 said they were outraged that prosecutors had a deal with the defendant that they said would allow him to avoid additional time behind bars.
New York Times. Saturday, 23 Jan 2021.
- Man pleads guilty to 36 deaths from "Ghost Ship" warehouse blaze
Derick Almena pleaded guilty to 36 counts of involuntary manslaughter stemming from the 2016 San Francisco Bay Area warehouse
CBS News. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Fire crews pump away floodwater outside warehouse storing Oxford Covid vaccines
Excess water surrounded buildings at Wockhardt's pharmaceutical facility on Wrexham Industrial Estate during a deluge of rain caused by Storm Christoph.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- 6,000 Amazon warehouse workers will hold union vote in Alabama on Feb. 8
Roughly 6,000 employees at the Alabama warehouse
will begin voting on Feb. 8 to join the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union.
CNBC. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Trial Over Deadly 2019 Kazakh Ammo Blasts To Continue Behind Closed Doors
A court in Kazakhstan's southern city of Shymkent has decided to continue behind closed doors a trial concerning a series of deadly ammunition warehouse
blasts in 2019. It cited classified materials in the case for doing so.
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Toy giant Hamley's is accused of 'ruining Christmas
UK store has blamed warehouse
shortages and lockdown on the unfilled orders, even though items appear in stock on their website but customers say they aren't able to get a response from toy giant.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- FACT CHECK: Were Counterfeit Ballots Found At A Warehouse In Fulton County, Georgia?
'They are real ballots, they are unused ballots'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- Firebolt, Israeli Cloud Data Warehouse Startup Forklifts Forward
The cloud is full of databases. More specifically, the world of cloud computing is populated by a massive number of cloud databases, many of which belong to the increasingly popularized notion of the cloud data warehouse
Forbes. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- France: More than 2,500 break virus restrictions at illegal rave
The New Year's Eve event, held in a warehouse
in a village in Brittany, was shut down on Saturday.
BBC News. Saturday, 2 Jan 2021.
- Amazon Workers Near Vote on Joining Union at Alabama Warehouse
The election, expected early next year, will be one of the few times that employees of the e-commerce giant have had an opportunity to decide whether to join a union.
New York Times. Wednesday, 30 Dec 2020.
- Police Bust Illegal Speakeasy With 200 People In Warehouse
Police found 200 people congregated at the warehouse
Daily Caller. Monday, 28 Dec 2020.
- NJ cops bust warehouse party packed with 200 people breaking coronavirus restrictions
Two women have been arrested after police in Newark, New Jersey, busted an illegal bar in a warehouse
packed with 200 people amid the coronavirus pandemic, according to reports.
Fox News. Monday, 28 Dec 2020.
- The Covid-19 Crisis Changed Fulfillment Tech Forever. Here's What's Next.
technology just changed at warp speed... and this is the ripple effect.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- Amazon (AMZN) to Open New Facility in Sioux Falls, Add 1K Jobs
Amazon (AMZN) is planning to open a new fulfillment center in Sioux Falls. This will further expand its logistics and warehouse
Zacks. Tuesday, 22 Dec 2020.
- Amazon closes New Jersey warehouse after workers test positive for coronavirus
The facility, known as PNE5, will remain closed until Dec. 26 "out of an abundance of caution," according to a notice sent to employees.
CNBC. Monday, 21 Dec 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries