This Vocational news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about vocational and vocation news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Making Work Accessible
The Americans With Disabilities Act was passed 31 years ago. According to this vocational
rehabilitation counselor, we need it now as much as ever.
New York Times. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Income Share Agreements Are Growing In Popularity To Pay For School
Income Share Agreements, or ISAs, are becoming popular choices to pay for college - especially at trade schools or vocational
Forbes. Monday, 28 Jun 2021.
- China students hold principal hostage in rare protest
The protests were over plans to merge colleges with "less prestigious" vocational
BBC News. Wednesday, 9 Jun 2021.
- A Kentucky home for retired racehorses
Since 2003, the non-profit Old Friends has provided a retirement home for aging equines, founded by a former film critic whose love of horses drew him to gamble on a new vocation, which is paying out in unexpected ways.
CBS News. Sunday, 16 May 2021.
- Laid-off Alaska oil worker goes back to school amid economic turmoil
Frank Dias Jr., an unemployed oil worker, enrolled in NIT vocational
school to gain more skills. He's not alone -- the falling price of oil per barrel has left Alaska's economy in turmoil. ...
CBS News. Friday, 16 Apr 2021.
- Vocational students need support to face 'incredibly tough' jobs market, education expert says
Teenagers studying vocational
subjects need more support to help them face the "incredibly tough" jobs market.
Sky News. Friday, 19 Mar 2021.
- CPS launches COVID-19 vaccine sites exclusively for staff
The four locations will be: Chicago Vocational
in Avalon Park, Clark High School in Austin, Clemente High in Ukrainian Village and Roosevelt High in Albany Park.
ABC News. Monday, 15 Feb 2021.
- PICTURED: Empty COVID vaccination centers as NYC health workers says 'we blew it'
Pictures show the Lincoln High School and the George Westinghouse Vocational
High School in Brooklyn were ghost towns last Saturday. One worker said: 'W e just blew it.'
Daily Mail. Sunday, 7 Feb 2021.
- Anger as government scraps GCSE and A-level exams - but allows BTECs to continue
The government is facing anger after it allowed vocational
and technical exams to continue to take place this month - but told GCSE and A-level students they won't be asked to sit exams this summer.
Sky News. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
Vocational Education News Headlines and News Summaries