This Vocal Music news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about vocal music and singing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Calls for Rule, Britannia! to be banned from Last Night of the Proms
Music critic Richard Morrison said when at the Last Night of the Proms he often sees people in the posh seats who were not at any other nights, singing
the 'jingoistic' songs without any irony.
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus England: Outdoor plays and opera restart Saturday
and playing wind and brass instruments, especially in groups, have been designated as 'higher risk' activities and are limited to professionals only, according to the new rules laid out today.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- No singing as churches reopen - so worshippers get creative to express themselves
"Welcome to church," the pastor proclaims and a round of applause erupts.
Sky News. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: New guidance for weddings in England
Ceremonies of up to 30 people can go ahead but big receptions, singing
and food are not allowed.
BBC News. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- No food, drinks or receptions: New wedding rules revealed
Weddings taking place when coronavirus restrictions are eased next month are being encouraged to follow new government guidance - which means avoiding food, drink and singing
Sky News. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Shouting distance: Henry, Werner cheer Liverpool title
They had waited 10 years for this, just the last of three decades of frustration for Liverpool supporters that included tragedy and heartbreak yet rarely silenced the passionate scouse voices singing
in the Kop. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- Indiana woman celebrates 100th birthday after surviving coronavirus, cancer, WWII
She celebrated the milestone year singing
happy birthday with her twin sister on Zoom.
Fox News. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Sir Elton John 'blown away' by Telford students' music video
The singer said a group of students singing
I'm Still Standing "really cheered me up".
BBC News. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Leota Dooley, a Music Lover in the Colorado Mountains, Dies at 97
As a member of a singing
group, she kept the Salida, Colo., area tuneful. She died of the coronavirus.
New York Times. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Maryland County Backtracks Order Banning Communion, Discouraging Singing At Religious Services
'There shall be no consumption of food or beverage of any kind'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 28 May 2020.
- Tracee Ellis Ross debuts her singing voice in new film 'The High Note'
Tracee Ellis Ross plays a singing
superstar in her new feel-good movie "The High Note," but the actor said the film has nothing to do with her famous mother, Diana Ross.
Reuters. Wednesday, 27 May 2020.
- The bloodsport of singing karaoke
In this web extra, Joshua Baron, Seattle's "Karaoke Baron," explains to correspondent Nancy Giles how bar fights have broken out among karaoke enthusiasts eager to sing along to Journey's "Don't Stop Believing."
CBS News. Friday, 22 May 2020.
- Homeless woman singing in the L.A. Metro goes viral
A homeless woman singing
in the Los Angeles Metro has found fame after a police officer captured her on video. Now she hopes the attention will change her life. "CBS Evening News" anchor Norah O'Donnell explains.
CBS News. Wednesday, 20 May 2020.
- In Amazon city, indigenous chief felled by COVID-19 buried with dance and singing
He had asked them to sing and dance at his funeral, and that is how they said goodbye to Chief Messias Kokama on Thursday.
Reuters. Thursday, 14 May 2020.
- Hootie and the Blowfish's Darius Rucker to sing national anthem for NASCAR Darlington race
Not his first time singing
Fox News. Thursday, 14 May 2020.
Vocal Music Instructors News Headlines and News Summaries