This Vitamin news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about vitamins from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Coronavirus: Vitamin D deficient 'at higher risk of death'
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence has called for an urgent review into the benefits of taking vitamin
D amid the coronavirus pandemic
Daily Mail. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Taking vitamin D supplements WON'T protect you from Covid-19, UK health chiefs rule
NHS watchdog the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) reviewed studies into vitamin
D and Covid-19 and found no evidence it protects people.
Daily Mail. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Coronavirus: Should I start taking vitamin D?
Some people might want to consider it during the pandemic. Here's why.
BBC News. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Vitamin D may help prevent a common side effect of anti-cancer immunotherapy
published in CANCER indicates that taking vitamin
D supplements may help prevent a potentially serious side effect of a revolutionary form of anti-cancer therapy.
Science Daily. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- Higher rates of severe COVID-19 in BAME populations remain unexplained
Higher rates of severe COVID-19 infections in Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) populations are not explained by socioeconomic or behavioral factors, cardiovascular disease risk, or by vitamin
D status, according to new research.
Science Daily. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- Exploring the Links Between Coronavirus and Vitamin D
Sales of vitamin
D to promote immune health have soared, but studies of vitamin
D and Covid-19 have yielded mixed results.
New York Times. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- Vitamin K and the coronavirus pandemic: Should you take it?
Should you take vitamin
K amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic?
Fox News. Monday, 8 Jun 2020.
- Hard seltzer sales tripled in 2019. Molson Coors is playing catch up with a secret weapon: Vitamin C
Molson Coors is launching its hard seltzer Vizzy to take on White Claw.
Yahoo. Friday, 15 May 2020.
- Fritz Gerber, who steered Roche from infamy to biotech success, dies at 91
Fritz Gerber, the long-time head of Roche Holding who helped transform the Swiss company from an image-tarnished vitamins, drugs and chemicals conglomerate into a biotechnology and diagnostics giant, has died at the age of 91.
Reuters. Monday, 11 May 2020.
- Vitamin D deficiency may be tied to a higher risk of severe coronavirus infection
New research suggested that lower levels of vitamin
D could be tied to a higher risk of coronavirus complications.
Yahoo. Monday, 11 May 2020.
- Vitamin D levels may impact COVID-19 mortality rates, study claims
Researchers have discovered a strong correlation between vitamin
D deficiency and mortality rates from the novel coronavirus, a new study reveals.
Fox News. Thursday, 7 May 2020.
- Cameroon sanctuary for rescued apes threatened by COVID-19
Each morning, Malaika, an 18-year-old Mandrill monkey in western Cameroon with thick black fur and a distinctive red and blue snout, gets a vitamin
to boost her immune system against possible exposure to the coronavirus.
Reuters. Wednesday, 29 Apr 2020.
- 'Coronavirus IV therapy' clinics face prosecution over adverts
Clinics claiming intravenous vitamin
drips could help avoid the virus face fines or imprisonment.
BBC News. Monday, 27 Apr 2020.
- Extra steps to boost your immune system
Dr. Arielle Levitan, the co-founder of Vous Vitamin, joined ABC7 to talk about the extra steps you can take to boost your immune system.
ABC News. Saturday, 18 Apr 2020.
- No, breast milk can't prevent or cure COVID-19 in adults
"I think you can take some vitamin
C and zinc if you want to, but do not buy breast milk to prevent COVID. That is not going to help you," Dr. Dyan Hes told CBSN.
CBS News. Tuesday, 14 Apr 2020.
Vitamins & Food Supplements News Headlines and News Summaries