This Vitamin news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about vitamins from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Top 5 Vegetables to Add to Your Diet
The guidelines to eat more vegetables are clear, and eating a rainbow of colors gets you the widest variety of nutrients and phyto-nutrients, those hard-to-duplicate compounds that go beyond vitamins and minerals. ...
Newsmax. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Too much vitamin B6 and B12 tied to hip fractures in older women
Older women who take supplements with high doses of vitamins B6 and B12 may be more likely than their counterparts who don't to experience hip fractures, a U.S. study suggests.
Reuters. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Newly identified bacteria-killing protein needs vitamin A to work
People who have inadequate vitamin A in their diets are more susceptible to skin infection, yet how that vitamin affects skin immunity has been unclear. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- What helps prevent dementia? Try exercise, not vitamin pills
New guidelines for preventing dementia focus on keeping the whole body healthy as a way to prevent mental decline
ABC News. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Exercise, not pills, better at preventing dementia
If you want to save your brain, focus on keeping the rest of your body well with exercise and healthy habits rather than popping vitamin pills, new guidelines for preventing dementia advise.
CBC News. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Broccoli can possibly help fight schizophrenia, study suggests
Broccoli, for years hailed as a cancer-fighter and a great source of vitamin C, calcium and B vitamins, is now being seen as a safer way to manage schizophrenia.
Fox News. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- Google Doodle honors Lucy Wills, pioneering prenatal care researcher - CNET
Her discovery led to women taking a vitamin that helps prevent some birth defects.
CNET. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Does sunscreen compromise vitamin D levels? Maybe not
Sunscreen can reduce the sun's adverse effects, but there are concerns that it might inhibit the body's production of vitamin D. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Wearing sun cream does NOT stop the body from producing vitamin D
Three separate studies published by experts from London and Australia in the British Journal of Dermatology have concluded that use of sunscreen does not impact on vitamin D status.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- How Vitamin Shoppe (VSI) Looks Just Ahead of Q1 Earnings
Soft store comps are likely to hurt Vitamin Shoppe's (VSI) top line in Q1. However, the company's strategic efforts to enhance its store and online experience may provide a cushion to the stock.
Zacks. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- Eating placenta doesn't prevent postpartum depression, B.C. study shows
A new study found no differences in depression, vitamin B12 levels or energy between mothers who'd eaten placenta and those who didn't.
CBC News. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- How to pick the best vitamin subscription service for you - CNET
You can now purchase vitamins that support your health based on your goals, allergies and even blood type.
CNET. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- Trump supporter who mailed pipe bombs to Democrats blames steroids
Cesar Sayoc said he was using 274 different supplements and vitamins along with "heavy amounts of steroids" before his arrest
CBS News. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
- Nurse diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer after spitting up blood now cancer-free thanks to innovative technology
A nurse who went to the doctor for symptoms of fatigue in 2013 said she realized it was probably something more than vitamin D deficiency when she started coughing up blood.
Fox News. Friday, 19 Apr 2019.
- Ex-Texas swimmer sues over allegedly tainted vitamins
DALLAS (AP) - A world champion swimmer and former University of Texas athlete is suing a Dallas-based health company claiming that its multivitamins led to her suspension from international competition. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 18 Apr 2019.
Vitamin capsules from a bottle
Related Directory Page(s)
Vitamins & Food Supplements News Headlines and News Summaries