This Vitamin news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about vitamins from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Conservative MP calls for nationwide rollout of vitamin D tablets
Conservative backbencher David Davis MP has called for the UK Government to distribute vitamin
D supplementation to society's most at-risk of Covid-19.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Do You Know Why Our Vitamin D Decreases During the Winter Months?
It is important to consume this vitamin
to keep our bodies healthy.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Human migration of past 500 years led to more vitamin D deficiencies
has recently been linked to Covid-19, with a heap of studies finding it offers protection against the coronavirus.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- Vitamin D, other everyday vitamins could counter coronavirus effects: report
Using simple, everyday medicines available in your medicine cabinet or on your kitchen counter could counter the effects of coronavirus, a report said Thursday.
Fox News. Friday, 25 Dec 2020.
- Coronavirus: Should I start taking vitamin D?
Some people might want to consider it during the pandemic. Here's why.
BBC News. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
- 'Not enough evidence' taking vitamin D prevents coronavirus
There is "not enough evidence" that taking vitamin
D prevents or treats COVID-19, experts have concluded.
Sky News. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
- Covid and vitamin D: 'Not enough evidence' for treatment
People are still advised to take a daily supplement this winter to keep bones and muscles healthy.
BBC News. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
- Carrots are healthy, but active enzyme unlocks full benefits
Carrots are a good source of beta-carotene, which is a precursor of vitamin
A. But to get the full health benefits of this superfood, you need an active enzyme to produce this vitamin.
Science Daily. Saturday, 12 Dec 2020.
- Vitamin boosts essential synthetic chemistry
Inspired by light-sensing bacteria that thrive near hot oceanic vents, synthetic chemists use vitamin
B12 to catalyze valuable hydrocarbons known as olefins, or alkenes. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 8 Dec 2020.
- Free vitamin D deliveries to be rolled out to vulnerable groups
D deliveries will be offered to around 2.7 million vulnerable people by the government, officials have said.
Sky News. Friday, 27 Nov 2020.
- Clorox bringing 158 new jobs to North Carolina
DURHAM, N.C. (AP) - The Clorox Company is going to create 158 new jobs in Durham, North Carolina, in its vitamins
and supplements division, according to the governor's office. Gov. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 25 Nov 2020.
- Japanese mandarin oranges purchased at $9.6G for a single crate
One fruit lover in Japan has dropped a serious wad of cash to get their Vitamin
Fox News. Thursday, 5 Nov 2020.
- 8 In 10 Hospitalized Covid-19 Coronavirus Patients Were Vitamin D Deficient: New Study
Hospitalized patients with Covid-19 were more likely to be vitamin
D deficient. So should everyone be taking supplements now?
Forbes. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Adequate Vitamin D Levels Cuts Risk Of Dying From Covid-19 In Half, Study Finds
Are you getting enough vitamin
D? It could help protect you from an adverse Covid-19 outcome.
Forbes. Saturday, 26 Sep 2020.
- Why GNC filed for bankruptcy protection despite vitamin sales boom
and dietary supplement market in the U.S. is worth almost $50 billion, according to the Nutrition Business Journal. ...
CNBC. Thursday, 17 Sep 2020.
Vitamins & Food Supplements News Headlines and News Summaries