This Vineyard news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about vineyards from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Vineyards set to go high tech with smart systems
Changing climate conditions and water shortages see some Australian wine growers turn to technology.
BBC News. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Angelina Jolie in court fight with ex Brad Pitt over wine firm stake
Jolie (pictured) wants to unfreeze the assets so she can sell her stake in the Nouvel LLC, a company with interests in the Chateau Miraval vineyard, which she and Pitt bought in France in 2011.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- Slowing down grape ripening can improve wine quality
Study authors grew Cabernet Sauvignon wine grapes at a commercial vineyard
in the San Joaquin Valley in California then tweaked their growing conditions to measure the impact of heat and water.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 30 Jun 2021.
- A Robot At Willamette Valley Vineyards Uses UV Light To Combat Mildew
Willamette Valley Vineyards
is the first in the world to use a robot to apply UV-C light to fight downy mildew, which is an ongoing threat to vineyards, gardens, and other plants around the world.
Forbes. Monday, 28 Jun 2021.
- L.A. hotelier floats 180-acre Malibu vineyard for $38 million
Sunset Marquis hotel owner George Rosenthal is asking $38 million for his 180-acre retreat in Malibu complete with a 12,000-square-foot hacienda and vineyard.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 23 Jun 2021.
- Man found alive after stuck inside farm equipment for 2 days
A man is lucky to be alive after he was rescued from being stuck for two days inside farm equipment at a California vineyard.
ABC News. Wednesday, 9 Jun 2021.
- Ferry service to Martha's Vineyard targeted by ransomware attack
The cyberattack is the third notable U.S. cyber breach in a single month.
CBS News. Wednesday, 2 Jun 2021.
- Ransomware attack hits ferry service to Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard
The Steamship Authority of Massachusetts ferry service fell victim to a ransomware attack Wednesday.
CNBC. Wednesday, 2 Jun 2021.
- 'A huge moment': U.S. gives go-ahead for its first major offshore wind farm
Wind 1 project will be located in waters off the coast of Massachusetts.
CNBC. Wednesday, 12 May 2021.
- Inside Queen Elizabeth's Windsor vineyard
Queen Elizabeth is tapping into the sparkling wine industry, leasing out a small chunk of land on her estate outside Windsor Castle for a vineyard. The wine from those grapes sold out in its first two years of release. ...
CBS News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- For Earth Day, Try A Six Pack From France
Wine producers in Alsace like to say every day is Earth Day, and with good reason: The region in northeast France is one of the greenest in the country, with one-third of its vineyards
certified organic or in conversion.
Forbes. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- 1 killed, 2 wounded in shooting at Fresno County vineyard
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) - Authorities were searching Saturday for two farm workers who opened fire at a Fresno County vineyard, killing one man and wounding two others. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 17 Apr 2021.
- Dream vacancy: This job offers free wine, 200 thousand pesos a month and a house in California, do you dare?
Imagine living an entire year in the vineyards
of Sonoma, California, with paid housing and 30 free cases of wine. Know the requirements of the vacancy!
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 25 Mar 2021.
- Can Scientists Stop the Plague of the Spotted Lanternfly?
The voracious, shape-shifting insect native to Asia is attacking crops, vineyards
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 22 Sep 2020.
- Get 18 Bottles of Wine From Around the Globe Delivered to You for Half Off
Expand your palate by getting 18 bottles of wine from acclaimed vineyards
around the globe delivered to your door.
Mental Floss. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
Vineyards News Headlines and News Summaries