This Videotape and DVD news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about videotape and dvd news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- After 25 Years, Netflix Ends DVD Rentals
As users move to online streaming, the company will mail its last disc in September
Smithsonian. Thursday, 20 Apr 2023.
- How Netflix's DVD-rental business transformed the way people watched TV and movies from home
Netflix has announced it will axe its DVD-rental business in September. MailOnline looks at how the little red envelopes paved the way for video streaming.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 20 Apr 2023.
- FEMAIL reveals the most popular Netflix DVD rentals of all time
Announcing its decision to end its DVD-rental service, Netflix listed a whole host of statistics including that The Blind Side was the most popular title of all time - but what else were people watching?
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023.
- Netflix Will End Its DVD Service, 5.2 Billion Discs Later
Sending movies through the mail, in recognizable red-and-white envelopes, helped the company become a behemoth in Hollywood.
New York Times. Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023.
- End of an era: Netflix is ending its signature DVD delivery service
Netflix is officially retiring its famous red envelopes after nearly 25 years and over 5 billion mailings.
Washington Times. Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023.
- Netflix ends DVD rentals as it faces new era
The streaming giant which began posting DVDs 25 years ago will send its final disc in September.
BBC News. Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023.
- Netflix Closing DVD Delivery Service After 25 Years
The company says it has delivered more than 5 billion DVDs since 1998.
Forbes. Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023.
- Netflix ends DVD rentals in end of era
The streaming giant will stop shipping DVDs starting in September.
BBC News. Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023.
- Netflix will ship last DVDs in September
Streaming giant will mail its last DVDs in the company's signature red envelopes in September as it shuts down DVD
CBS News. Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023.
- Netflix to end DVD-by-mail business. Execs explain 'Love Is Blind' snafu
Netflix said Tuesday that would end its DVD
mailing service in September, marking the end of an era for the streamer as it evolves to compete with rivals.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023.
- Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) to Bring Rick & Morty on Disc
Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) launches Rick & Morty Season 6 on Steelbook Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD, along with releasing it on streaming platforms.
Zacks. Friday, 3 Feb 2023.
- Viral Meme Star Inks Deal With Popeyes Decades Later
Dieunerst Collin went viral after a man videotaped him on Vine delivering the perfect side eye.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 13 Jan 2023.
- Best DVD players 2022: Power your TV and movie collection with these top picks
We may live in the age of media streaming, but there are still plenty of reasons to own a good DVD
player.Many of us have massive collections of TV and
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 21 Dec 2022.
- Video Killed The Radio Star: Will Streaming Kill DVD And Movie Theaters?
Movie theaters are struggling to reinvent themselves after COVID-19 got many people more comfortable streaming content at home.
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Dec 2022.
- The 5 best iPhone 14 cases of 2022
Ever heard of CD/DVD discs recycled into a phone case? Or a case that can turn into compost as soon as you're done with it? ZDNET's choices for the best iPhone 14 cases are eco-friendly, sustainable, and unique. But don't worry. ...
ZDNet. Friday, 21 Oct 2022.
Videotapes & DVDs News Headlines and News Summaries