This Videoconferencing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about videoconferencing and video conferencing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Best Zoom backgrounds: Fun virtual backgrounds for Zoom meetings
Video conferencing services have become hugely popular, allowing you to virtually meet with others when in-person conversations aren't possible. For Zoom,
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- Forbes Education Awards 2020: Zoom Is A Winner Across The Board
One company has dominated teaching and learning during the pandemic: videoconferencing
provider Zoom. Together with its billionaire CEO and founder Eric Yuan, Zoom wins all but one category of the first-ever Forbes Education Awards.
Forbes. Wednesday, 30 Dec 2020.
- SNAP's Camera Introduces Christmas AR Filters on Zoom, Skype
SNAP Camera's new Christmas holiday-themed AR filters or lenses' availability on third-party video conferencing
instruments like Zoom Video is expected to boost user growth for Snap's AR lenses.
Zacks. Thursday, 24 Dec 2020.
- The Tech That Was Fixed in 2020 and the Tech That Still Needs Fixing
to fitness apps, the best tech helped us endure a hard year. But there were also low points.
New York Times. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- 'Yes, people have Zoom fatigue but it's not our fault'
Zoom director Aparna Bawa says video conferencing
can tire people out, but her firm isn't to blame.
BBC News. Monday, 21 Dec 2020.
- If You're Looking for a More Secure Video Conferencing Tool Than Zoom, Here's Your Answer
Get customizable, encrypted webinars and conferences with xroom.app.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 14 Dec 2020.
- Zoom and NHS Covid-19 app 'most downloaded free iPhone apps'
Video conferencing tools, social media and chat apps dominate the App Store in a year where our purchases have been influenced by the coronavirus.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 2 Dec 2020.
- Zoom boosts sales forecast as pandemic drags on
The pandemic has transformed the fortunes of the video conferencing
firm, once a niche tech name.
BBC News. Monday, 30 Nov 2020.
- What is Zoom and how does it work? Plus tips and tricks
In 2020, Zoom has become one of the leading video conferencing
software apps. It enables you to virtually interact with co-workers when in-person meetings
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 26 Nov 2020.
- Buy Zoom Video (ZM) Stock on the Dip Before Q3 Earnings?
Let's decide if investors should consider buying the video conferencing
stock on the dip despite positive news on the vaccine ...
Zacks. Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020.
- Op-ed: Here's why Synchrony will embrace the work-from-home model for good
Even with advanced video conferencing
and collaboration software, CEOs like me believed many jobs needed an office. We were wrong: Synchrony CEO Margaret Keane.
CNBC. Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020.
- Why 4 Technologies That Boomed During Covid-19 Will Keep People Home More After A Vaccine
A global survey shows that the popularity of video conferencing, telehealth, e-learning and grocery apps will persist even after life goes back to normal. Here's why.
Forbes. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- Louisiana AG investigates student suspension over BB gun in virtual class
"For anyone to conclude that a student's home is now school property because of connectivity through video conferencing
is absurd," said Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry.
CBS News. Friday, 25 Sep 2020.
- Thursday at 10: Pandemic Layoffs
The I-Team investigates the impact of losing a job on video conferencing
. The workers struggling to move on.
ABC News. Thursday, 24 Sep 2020.
- Zoom Earned More In 3 Months Than All of Last Year
The video conferencing
company's stock soared roughly 23 percent, and its second quarter sales are up 355 percent from last year.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 1 Sep 2020.
Videoconferencing News Headlines and News Summaries