This Video Game news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about video games from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- HEALTH NOTES: Video games can give teenagers a blast of joy
Zapping away for hours on video games
has long been demonised for destroying teenagers' mental health, but it can actually make them happy, according to a survey.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- Stormzy takes starring role in Watch Dogs: Legion video game
The grime star tells the BBC that video games
can be a platform to speak out against injustice.
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- UK video games sector grows to record levels despite pandemic
The UK's video games
industry has grown to record levels over the past year, and at the fastest rate in more than a decade, according to its trade association.
Sky News. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Atari-themed, video game-centric hotel design unveiled
Looking to get nostalgic? The brand new Atari hotels will open first in Las Vegas and Phoenix, with 6 more locations planned across the U.S.
ABC News. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Abducted Indonesian boy uses Google Maps to track down his family
Ervan Wahyu Anjasworo, 17, from Sragen, Indonesia, was snatched by a street performer while walking home from a video game
store when he was five years old.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- 70% of video game revenue in world's top market comes from China's smaller cities, report finds
Video games are booming in China's smaller cities, with citizens there accounting for more than half of revenue nationally, according to a recent report by Niko Partners.
CNBC. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
- Why GameStop declined as video games boomed
Gamestop is eagerly awaiting the launch of the next generation of consoles from Microsoft and Sony, but will this be enough to give its business the jolt it needs as it faces new competition online.
CNBC. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- Videogames Boosting PC, Peripheral Sales: 4 Stocks to Watch
People are playing video games
like never before and this in turn is boosting PC and peripheral sales.
Zacks. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- This 311-Piece LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar Features Darth Vader in an Ugly Christmas Sweater
This holiday season, you can build your favorite characters and vehicles with the LEGO 'Star Wars' 2020 Advent calendar, featuring 311 pieces and a code to unlock content from the 'LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga' video game.
Mental Floss. Friday, 2 Oct 2020.
- Pac-Man gets virtual upgrade in honor of 40th anniversary
Pac-Man, the iconic arcade game from the 1980s, turns 40 this year. To celebrate, the video game
now enters the world of virtual reality. Ramy Inocencio reports.
CBS News. Sunday, 27 Sep 2020.
- Video game loot boxes: another form of gambling?
The government is asking for the public's opinion on the impact of loot boxes.
BBC News. Tuesday, 22 Sep 2020.
- Video Gaming Thrives in Pandemic: 3 Top ETFs to Gain
Amid the coronavirus crisis, people are turning to in-house entertainment like video games.
Zacks. Tuesday, 22 Sep 2020.
- Playing video games as a child can improve working memory years later, researchers find
New research reveals how cognitive changes can take place even years after people stop playing.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 22 Sep 2020.
- Kids in the UK are now spending more money on 'Fortnite' and 'Roblox' than candy and books
Pocket money app RoosterMoney said video games
"Fortnite" and "Roblox" top the pocket money charts. Kids are also saving 14% more than last year.
Yahoo. Sunday, 20 Sep 2020.
- Why Iron Man Is The Weakest Avenger, In The Video Game, At Least
Avengers has a great roster of heroes but Iron Man is the worst of the bunch.
Forbes. Friday, 18 Sep 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries