This Veterinarian news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about veterinarian and veterinary news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- IDEXX (IDXX) Collaborates With PetDx for Canine Cancer Test
Following the partnership between IDEXX (IDXX) and PetDx , the test is likely to be available later in January to all veterinary
customers of IDXX in the United States and Canada.
Zacks. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- Elephants are dying from eating plastic waste in an open landfill
Hungry elephants seek out the waste in the landfill, consuming plastic and sharp objects that damage their digestive systems, a veterinarian
CBS News. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- Animal group claims calling lizards, tortoises and snakes exotic is 'problematic'
The British Small Animal Veterinary
Association says the word pet 'fails to provide an adequate description of the range of relationships that exist between humans and animals'.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- License temporarily suspended of CHRB equine medical director
The state Veterinary
Medical Board temporarily suspended the license of CHRB equine medical director Dr. Jeff Blea but he'll keep his position.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 5 Jan 2022.
- Is your pet scared of fireworks? Here's how to keep them calm and stress-free this New Year's Eve
Dr Tim Montgomery has shared his top tips and tricks for keeping your pet calm and stress-free this New Year's Eve if they find noise from fireworks anxiety-inducing.
Daily Mail. Friday, 31 Dec 2021.
- State horse racing board's new equine medical director accused of violations
Jeff Blea, leader of the investigation into the death of Medina Spirit, is hit with a 27-page accusation by the state Veterinary
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 23 Dec 2021.
- Animal tranquilizer turning up in deadly overdoses across U.S.
Xylazine, used in veterinary
medicine to sedate cows, horses, sheep and other animals, is making its way into the illicit drug supply, especially in the Northeast.
CBS News. Thursday, 23 Dec 2021.
- How To Pet-Proof Your Holiday Celebration, According To A Veterinarian
Make the festive season stress-free and safe for both you and your fur babies with these vet-approved holiday tips.
Forbes. Wednesday, 22 Dec 2021.
- NEOGEN (NEOG) Inks Deal to Boost Global Genomics Business
NEOGEN's (NEOG) latest acquisition of Genetic Veterinary
Sciences, Inc. will bolster the global genomics business.
Zacks. Friday, 10 Dec 2021.
- Safe snacks you can feed your pets from the Thanksgiving dinner table
gives five safe foods and five foods to avoid when it comes to feeding dogs and cats people food from holiday meals.
ABC News. Thursday, 25 Nov 2021.
- The Importance of Communication
According to Megan and Tom Gibbons, communication is the most important component of their successful veterinary
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 18 Nov 2021.
- Bird flu prevention zone declared across UK to stop spread of disease amongst poultry
A bird flu prevention zone has been declared across the whole of the UK to stop the spread of the disease amongst poultry and other birds, chief veterinary
officers have said.
Sky News. Wednesday, 3 Nov 2021.
- How Covid Misinformation Created a Run on Ivermectin
Veterinarians, ranchers and farmers say they are struggling with the effects of the surging demand for ivermectin, a deworming drug.
New York Times. Tuesday, 28 Sep 2021.
- CVC snaps up Medivet in £1bn deal amid industry boom
CVC Capital Partners, the private equity giant, is buying one of Britain's biggest chains of veterinary
clinics as it seeks to exploit a boom in pet ownership during the pandemic.
Sky News. Thursday, 16 Sep 2021.
- Chicago area animal shelters fill up as pandemic pets are returned, hurricane rescues arrive
People are giving up pets they brought home during the pandemic, filling animal shelters amid a veterinarian
ABC News. Saturday, 4 Sep 2021.
Veterinarians News Headlines and News Summaries