This Veterinarian news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about veterinarian and veterinary news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- PUNT OF THE WEEK: Veterinary and pet pharma firm CVS
Pet care products and clinics have performed well despite the pandemic - and CVS reported revenue growth of 5.2 per cent in the year to the end of June.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Adorable golden retriever celebrates completing radiotherapy
Claude, a nine-year-old golden retriever, has been treated at The Royal School of Veterinary
Studies in Edinburgh, and staff even treated him to a party to mark the end of his treatment.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Vytautas Kiminius: Killer driver on the run after guilty verdict
Vytautas Kiminius was jailed in his absence for killing a veterinary
nurse in a head-on crash.
BBC News. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- Check Out Pictures and Video of the Giant Panda Cub's First Veterinary Exam
At one-month-old, all signs point to a healthy, strong cub
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020.
- Baby panda squeals and grunts during first veterinary exam at National Zoo
Baby giant panda at Washington's National Zoo was very talkative during the little cub's first veterinary
exam, two days before turning a month old.
ABC News. Tuesday, 22 Sep 2020.
- How a Veterinarian Spends Her Sundays
Pets have provided much-needed emotional support this year. But they need to be taken care of, too. Meet one of their doctors.
New York Times. Friday, 28 Aug 2020.
- Over 1,000 animals rescued from the deadly wildfires
teams in California have been treating horses, cats and an alpaca as wildfires continue to burn in the state.
BBC News. Thursday, 27 Aug 2020.
- Covid-19 Reaches Mink Farms in Utah
Veterinarians have confirmed five cases in U.S. minks, but suspect the actual number is higher
Smithsonian. Thursday, 20 Aug 2020.
- How 3 Veterinarian Best Friends Built a Business on Happy Barks and Happier Poops
On this episode of the 'Get a Real Job' podcast, a conversation with the doctors from Animal Planet's 'The Vet Life.'
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Elanco wins conditional EU antitrust okay for $7.6 billion Bayer deal
Elanco Animal Health secured EU antitrust clearance on Monday to buy Bayer's veterinary
drugs unit after pledging to sell some products to address competition concerns about the $7.6 billion deal.
Reuters. Monday, 8 Jun 2020.
- Deadly bacterial infection in pigs deciphered
New-born piglets often die painfully from infection with an intestinal bacterium. A team of researchers has now discovered how the bacterium causes fatal intestinal bleeding. They have thus made a breakthrough in veterinary
Science Daily. Thursday, 4 Jun 2020.
- Cats should be kept inside if owners show coronavirus symptoms, veterinary scientists say
Pet cats should be kept inside if they live in a household where someone is suffering with the new coronavirus, veterinary
scientists have said.
CNBC. Wednesday, 8 Apr 2020.
- FDA allows veterinarians to use telemedicine during coronavirus pandemic
The FDA said Tuesday that it's temporarily easing restrictions on veterinarians to allow them to more easily use telemedicine to treat pets during the coronavirus pandemic.
CNBC. Tuesday, 24 Mar 2020.
- The right music can soothe your savage beast, err cat - CNET
Cat compositions could make for a more relaxing visit to the veterinarian, scientists discover.
CNET. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
Veterinarians News Headlines and News Summaries