This Veterinarian news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about veterinarian and veterinary news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Dogs assist the fight against bone cancer
Comparative oncology, a rapidly-growing field of cancer research, pairs veterinarians with human doctors in the fight against cancer. ...
CBS News. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Cat pulled from rubble 15 days after Italy quake
A cat was pulled from beneath the rubble in Italy 15 days after the devastating earthquake hit. The feline was suffering from severe dehydration and a fractured jaw and was taken to a veterinarian
clinic. CBSN's Elaine Quijano has more.
CBS News. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- Medivet to cash in on pandemic pets boom with £1bn sale
One of Britain's biggest chains of veterinary
clinics is to cash in on a spike in pet ownership during the pandemic by putting itself up for sale with a £1bn price tag.
Sky News. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- Russia Claims to Be the First Country to Develop Coronavirus Shots for Animals
The state veterinary
service said it had approved a vaccine for carnivores, including domestic cats and dogs.
New York Times. Friday, 2 Apr 2021.
- More than HALF of dogs taken to the vet with heatstroke die, study warns
Researchers at Nottingham Trent University and the Royal Veterinary
College examined clinical records of more than 900,000 UK dogs as part of the VetCompass study.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 25 Mar 2021.
- Dallas Zoo Zebra Dies After Being Found Injured in Exhibit
Keeya, a 6-year-old Hartmann's mountain zebra who resided at the Dallas Zoo, was found badly injured with no hope for recovery by zoologists and veterinarians Monday.
NBC. Tuesday, Mar 23 2021.
- One in 14 dogs in the UK is now obese, study finds
From a sample of more than 20,000 dogs, pugs, beagles and golden retrievers were the breeds at greatest risk of obesity, Royal Veterinary
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 23 Mar 2021.
- UK coronavirus variant may cause heart issues in pets, vets warn
Early findings out from a specialist veterinary
hospital in England suggested domestic cats and dogs infected with the highly transmissible U.K. coronavirus variant developed heart issues amid a winter-time variant-fueled surge.
Fox News. Monday, 22 Mar 2021.
- Biden HHS Authorizes Veterinarians, Medical Students To Administer Coronavirus Vaccines
Veterinarians To Give COVID Shots?
Daily Caller. Friday, 12 Mar 2021.
- Dentists, veterinarians and med students authorized to administer Covid shots as Biden expands vaccine program
Dentists, EMTs, midwives, optometrists, paramedics, physician assistants, podiatrists, respiratory therapists and veterinarians can begin administering Covid-19 vaccines.
CNBC. Friday, 12 Mar 2021.
- Biden Expands Available Avenues to Get the Vaccine
The administration is sending vaccines to many more pharmacies, opening more federally run mass vaccinations sites and making dentists, medical students, midwives, paramedics and veterinarians eligible to give shots.
New York Times. Friday, 12 Mar 2021.
- Six-legged dog survives birth in reported first: 'A miracle'
Skipper the Aussie and Collie mix recently made her debut at Neel Veterinary
Hospital in Oklahoma City, born with six legs and two tails, the animal hospital confirmed on Facebook.
Fox News. Wednesday, 24 Feb 2021.
- Sniffer dogs detect coronavirus with 94% accuracy
A German veterinary
clinic has trained sniffer dogs to detect coronavirus in human saliva samples - with 94% accuracy.
Sky News. Wednesday, 3 Feb 2021.
- New stem cell therapy in dogs -- a breakthrough in veterinary medicine
Scientists have developed a novel method to induce stem cell generation from the blood samples of dogs. Through this technique, the scientists hope to advance regenerative therapies in veterinary
Science Daily. Wednesday, 3 Feb 2021.
- Brookfield Zoo tiger Malena undergoes 2nd surgery after hip replacement
Veterinarians at the Brookfield Zoo said an Amur tiger is doing well in recovery after a second surgery over the weekend.
ABC News. Tuesday, 2 Feb 2021.
Veterinarians News Headlines and News Summaries