This Vacation Home news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about vacation homes from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Dad sent estranged wife chilling text 'before killing their two sons and himself'
Florida sheriff's office and fire reports are shedding new light on the deaths of Paul Reinhart, 46, and his two sons, Brody, 11, and Rex, 14, who were found inside the family's burning vacation home
on May 5.
Daily Mail. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Father kills himself and two young sons inside a burning luxury vacation home in Florida
The Dixie County Sheriff's Office reports that Paul Reinhart, 46, killed his two sons, 14-year-old Rex and 11-year-old Brody, before setting his luxury vacation home
on fire and killing himself in Cross City.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- When your timeshare vacation home ends up trapping you
Getting out of a timeshare contract can tricky. Some companies promise to help customers exit timeshare agreements for a fee, but reporter Julie Watts found not all of them deliver.
CBS News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- JetBlue wants travelers to book hotels, vacation homes and theme park tickets with the airline
JetBlue Airways is launching an online travel site where travelers can add hotels, car rentals and vacation homes
after booking flights.
CNBC. Thursday, 25 Mar 2021.
- The 10 Best Places To Buy A Winter Vacation Home According To Vacasa
Vacasa's report ranked the top 10 places to buy that winter vacation home.
Forbes. Saturday, 27 Feb 2021.
- Father of Liverpool's Alisson drowns in Brazil lake
The father of Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson drowned in a lake near his vacation home
in Brazil on Wednesday, police said.
Fox News. Thursday, 25 Feb 2021.
- Slifer Smith & Frampton expands general brokerage services to Denver
Slifer Smith & Frampton, a boutique brokerage specializing in vacation homes
in Colorado's mountain towns, is now branching out into Denver.
Inman. Monday, 22 Feb 2021.
- Snowbirds are showing increased interest in ski towns
More snowbirds are interested in buying ski town getaways over beach vacation homes
- and experts say the pandemic is driving the shift.
Fox News. Wednesday, 10 Feb 2021.
- Western states generate big returns for vacation homeowners
Vacation rental giant Vacasa identified Big Sky, Montana, as the most lucrative market in which property owners can own a second house. Seven western communities ultimately made Vacasa's list.
Inman. Wednesday, 3 Feb 2021.
- Could Vacation Home Rentals Be The Hot Travel Trend In 2021?
Vacation rentals and the destination real estate market are hot right now. Especially popular are road trip-accessible destinations from large urban centers and tropical or isolated homes within nature. ...
Forbes. Sunday, 10 Jan 2021.
- All of Royal Palm Island, a 6.5-Acre Private Island in Belize, Can Be Yours for $6 Million
Royal Palm Island, a fully self-sustainable island in Central America, would make for a perfect vacation home.
Mental Floss. Tuesday, 3 Nov 2020.
- FBI undercover agents 'foil plot' to kidnap US governor at her vacation home
Thirteen men have been charged with plotting to overthrow Michigan's government and kidnap its governor.
Sky News. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- As Airbnb struggles with plunge in travel ahead of IPO, hosts are complaining about missing payments
Vacation home hosts say that they're not receiving payments from Airbnb. The company calls its a "small technical issue."
CNBC. Tuesday, 11 Aug 2020.
Vacation Home Rental News Headlines and News Summaries