This Utility news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about utility and utilities news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Buy This Hawaiian Utility Stock For 50% Gains?
There could be a sizeable upside to Hawaiian Electric Industries stock post the Covid-19 pandemic. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- REPORT: Car Reported Stolen More Than A Year Ago Involved In Fatal Crash
Crashed into a utility
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Plaschke: Where's the energy? Staples Center is a strange, cold place without fans
Attending a Lakers game at Staples Center without fans amid the pandemic is a strange experience for players and an exercise in futility for others.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- 3 Utility Picks to Tap Likely Rise in Electricity Consumption
Electricity consumption in the United States seems poised to rise, making it prudent to invest in names like CenterPoint Energy (CNP) and MGE Energy (MGEE)
Zacks. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Is Gabelli Utilities AAA (GABUX) a Strong Mutual Fund Pick Right Now?
Mutual Fund Report for GABUX
Zacks. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- 2021 North American Car, Truck and Utility Vehicle of The Year announced
The Hyundai Elantra, Ford F-150 and Ford Mustang Mach-E have been named the North American Car, Truck and Utility
Vehicle of The Year.
Fox News. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- San Antonio Utility Seeks Innovative Backup For 900 MW Of New Solar
CPS Energy has a plan, both ambitious and careful, to install 900 megawatts (MW) of solar power and 50 MW of battery storage.
Forbes. Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020.
- Stimulus in Limbo, but Not the Rent or Utility Bills
Financially pressed Americans looked forward to extended unemployment benefits and a $600 check. Now they are waiting to see if the president will sign the stimulus bill.
New York Times. Monday, 28 Dec 2020.
- Grim Choice: Turkmen Warned Of Food Cutoffs Over Unpaid Utility Bills
As winter arrives in Central Asia, Turkmen rural households have been warned to pay their energy bills on time or lose access to essential food subsidies.
Radio Liberty. Friday, 25 Dec 2020.
- Florida business owner pays families' overdue utility bills
Mike Esmond has paid off more than 100 delinquent accounts.
CBS News. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- Baltimore Building Explosion Injures at Least 10
The explosion happened on the 16th floor of the Baltimore Gas and Electric Company building. The cause was not immediately clear, but the utility
said it was likely a construction accident.
New York Times. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- Downtown Baltimore building explosion injures 10, traps workers
spokeswoman Stephanie Anne Weaver said work on the building's "air handling and boiler system" likely caused the accident.
ABC News. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- Vote: 2021 North American Car, Truck and Utility Vehicle of the Year
The 2021 North American Car, Truck and Utility
Vehicle of the Year finalists have been revealed. The winning models will be announced at an awards ceremony on January 11.
Fox News. Friday, 18 Dec 2020.
- Biden Energy secretary pick Jennifer Granholm has past ties to utilities, chemical companies
Jennifer Granholm, Joe Biden's expected pick for Energy secretary, has past ties to energy and chemical firms.
CNBC. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
- Man pays off 114 neighbors' utility bills before Christmas
Mike Esmond, a great-grandfather and business owner from Gulf Breeze, Florida, arranged a welcome surprise for neighbors in need.
CBS News. Tuesday, 15 Dec 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries