This Utility news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about utility and utilities news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Valmont's (VMI) Q2 Earnings and Revenues Beat Estimates
Valmont's (VMI) Q2 revenues were driven by strong sales in the Irrigation segment and strong market demand for renewable energy usage in the Utility
Support Structures unit.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Has ONEOK (OKE) Outpaced Other Utilities Stocks This Year?
Is (OKE) Outperforming Other Utilities
Stocks This Year?
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- PG&E Aims to Curb Wildfire Risk by Burying Many Power Lines
The California utility
said the work would involve about 10,000 miles of its network, a project potentially costing tens of billions of dollars.
New York Times. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- How Nokia Is Upskilling Power Utilities Workers
The sun is setting on hard engineering skills in power utilities, as technology becomes more and more important to deal with drastic change in the industry. Can utilities
workers upskill in time?
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Thieves posing as utility workers steal $25K in jewelry from widow: cops
A pair of thieves posed as Florida utility
workers to steal more than $25,000 in jewelry from an 81-year-old widow, authorities said.
Fox News. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- Fake utility workers steal $25,000 worth of jewelry from Florida widow
Rachael Demitro, 49, from Florida, has been arrested and charged with robbing widow Diane Reeves, 81, while her accomplice distracted her by pretending to be a power company worker.
Daily Mail. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- PG&E Says Its Equipment May Have Started Dixie Fire
Blown fuses on a utility
pole may have sparked a fire that has burned through 30,000 acres in Northern California, the utility
New York Times. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- Utilities present a catch-up trade opportunity with Biden's $579 billion infrastructure bill in sight, CEO says
stocks stand to benefit from the Biden administration's clean energy push, Reaves Asset Management CEO Jay Rhame says.
CNBC. Sunday, 11 Jul 2021.
- The Record-Setting Latina Player Marge Villa Leveled the Playing Field
The Mexican American utility
player in the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League receives a curtain call
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021.
- Biden is considering ENDING sweeping sanctions against states like Iran
President Joe Biden's administration is nearing completion of a security review of U.S. sanctions policy after raising concerns about the utility
of unilateral actions.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021.
- How PG&E is fighting its massive wildfire problem with microgrids, power shutoffs and cutting down trees
California's largest utility
company has been blamed for half of the state's most destructive fires since 2015. Now it has a plan to reduce the risk of sparks.
CNBC. Saturday, 3 Jul 2021.
- The Utilities Industry Is At The Center Of A Massive Global Shift
industry is in the midst of massive change. The surge in demand for advanced technology, smart cities, and electric mobility is converging with the growing demand for renewable energy sources and sustainability.
Forbes. Friday, 2 Jul 2021.
- More deaths linked to dangerous Northwest heat wave being reported
About a dozen deaths in Washington and Oregon may be tied to an intense heat wave that brought scorching temperatures to the Northwest and caused one power utility
to impose rolling blackouts amid heavy demand.
Fox News. Wednesday, 30 Jun 2021.
- Now That Electricity Disconnections Can Resume, What Are Your Rights?
The Texas Public Utility
Commission has lifted a moratorium on utility
disconnections. So what are your rights if you are behind on your bill?
NBC. Tuesday, Jun 29 2021.
- Watch Live: Biden pushes infrastructure plan with Wisconsin visit
The president is set to tour the La Crosse Municipal Transit Utility
in La Crosse, Wisconsin, before delivering remarks.
CBS News. Tuesday, 29 Jun 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries