This Utility news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about utility and utilities news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chesapeake Utilities (CPK) Reports Next Week: Wall Street Expects Earnings Growth
(CPK) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Utility Stock Q3 Earnings Roster for Oct 29: SO, XEL & More
Total Q3 earnings of Utility
stocks are expected to decline 3.7% year over year on 2% lower revenues
Zacks. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- School bus crash in Tennessee kills girl and driver
One student critically hurt in collision between the school bus and a utility
CBS News. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- At least 2 killed, 7 injured in Tennessee school bus crash
The school bus was struck by a utility
service vehicle operated by Service Electric that lost control and veered into oncoming traffic.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Orange County wildfires 'may have been started by electrical equipment'
company Southern California Edison says its equipment might have sparked the blaze.
BBC News. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- 60,000 in Southern California to evacuate after wildfire spreads
A fast-moving wildfire forced evacuation orders for 60,000 people in Southern California on Monday as powerful winds across the state prompted power to be cut to hundreds of thousands to prevent utility
equipment from sparking new blaze
Yahoo. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- As Trump Dismisses Renewables, Energy Sector Doubles Down
President Trump's comments about the poor economics of renewable energy in the last presidential debate fly in the face of current investment and acquisition activity in the US electric utility
Forbes. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- Contaminated water that 'could damage human DNA' could be released into sea, Greenpeace claims
company operating the tsunami-devastated nuclear power plant in Fukushima, Japan, said last year it will run out of space to store massive quantities of contaminated water by 2022.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- How Aston Martin is trying to save its iconic brand
Two years after Aston Martin's initial public offering, shares are trading at a fraction of a dollar. The company is looking to its DBX sport utility
vehicle to help turn things around.
CNBC. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- Why Vanadium Flow Batteries May Be The Future Of Utility-Scale Energy Storage
Recently the California Energy Commission awarded funding to Invinity Energy Systems to stimulate the availability of long-duration, non-lithium energy storage. ...
Forbes. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- CORRECTS: Northern California utility may cut power to nearly half-million customers over fire threa
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - CORRECTS: Northern California utility
may cut power to nearly half-million customers over fire threat.
Washington Times. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Column: The pandemic makes clear it's time to treat the internet as a utility
Like power and water, the internet has been shown by the pandemic to be a necessity for households. It's time for it to be regulated as a utility
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Rugby star Matt Banahan terrifies his wife with killer clown prank
Gloucester winger Matt Banahan, 33, left wife Rebecca shaking with fear after he donned a terrifying killer clown mask and hid in the corner of the couple's utility
room at their family home.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- One underdog sector is beating the market this month, but two traders stand divided on its prospects
S&P 500 utilities
stocks are outperforming all other sectors over the past month, but two traders disagree over where the group will go next.
CNBC. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Everton primed to end decade of derby futility vs. Liverpool
Everton haven't beaten Liverpool for a decade and struggle in the Reds' shadow. Is this the weekend it shifts?
ESPN. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries