This Utility news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about utility and utilities news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Should You Invest in the Invesco S&P 500 Equal Weight Utilities ETF (RYU)?
Sector ETF report for RYU
Zacks. Thursday, 2 Apr 2020.
- Is Fidelity Telecom/Utilities Fund (FIUIX) a Strong Mutual Fund Pick Right Now?
Mutual Fund Report for FIUIX
Zacks. Thursday, 2 Apr 2020.
- Quarantine raising your utility bills? How to save water while washing dishes - CNET
If your dishes are piling up at a rapid pace, your water bill could be creeping up, too. Here are a few ways to keep consumption at a minimum.
CNET. Thursday, 2 Apr 2020.
- Montana to ban evictions, utility shutoffs amid virus order
HELENA, Mont. (AP) - Montana residents will be protected from eviction, foreclosure or utility
shutoffs for nonpayment while the state's stay-at-home order is in place due to the coronavirus pandemic, Gov. Bullock said Tuesday. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- Jim Cramer reveals second-quarter playbook, says the quarter is 'going to be so ugly'
The "Mad Money" host said investors should "stick with the staples, the utilities
and the stay-at-home tech stocks.
CNBC. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- 4 ways to keep your energy bills low while you work from home
As shelter-in-place orders remain, Americans are spending significantly more on utilities
. Here's how you can save money.
Inman. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- The bizarre competition in Japan that sees exquisite mini gardens built on the back of TRUCKS
Every year green-fingered landscaping fanatics take part in the Kei Truck Garden Contest, which sees them build gardens on the back of 'keitora' vehicles (mini utility
trucks) in just a few hours.
Daily Mail. Monday, 30 Mar 2020.
- California to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from energy production 25 percent by 2030
The California Public Utilities
Commission has announced new emissions standards for the state, calling for a 25 percent reduction in greenhouse gases by 2030, and be zero-carbon by 2045.
Daily Mail. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- LA threatens to cut utilities for businesses violating city order
"This behavior is irresponsible and selfish," Eric Garcetti said. Residents can report business using an online form.
CBS News. Thursday, 26 Mar 2020.
- Texans Unable to Pay Rent and Utility Bills Get Emergency Relief
Texans unable to pay utility
bills are one step closer to getting relief as thousands apply for unemployment benefits at a record pace across the state.
NBC. Thursday, Mar 26 2020.
- Like Utilities, Customers Are Demanding Real, Measurable Demand Side Management Results
From energy efficiency to demand response (DR) and integrated distributed energy resource (DER) programs, investor-owned utilities
must prove that the benefits of their customer-facing programs outweigh the costs.
Forbes. Thursday, 26 Mar 2020.
- New Mexico regulators give green light to solar project
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - New Mexico utility
regulators have approved a program that will allow local governments and large businesses to subscribe to a universal solar field to be built by the state's largest electric provider. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 26 Mar 2020.
- Buy the tech stocks with 'powerful secular growth stories,' Jim Cramer says
"Until today, I'd been adamant the only thing you could buy were high-yielding pharma and a handful of utilities," the "Mad Money" host said.
CNBC. Tuesday, 10 Mar 2020.
- 30 Standalone Solar EV Chargers Coming To Rural California
Called the EV Arc, The EV ARC will never generate a utility
bill and has total immunity to grid interruptions.
Forbes. Friday, 28 Feb 2020.
- Driver Dies After Crashing Into Utility Pole in Fort Worth
A driver was killed after crashing into a utility
pole Wednesday night, police said.
NBC. Thursday, Feb 27 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries