This Utility news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about utility and utilities news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Hard-hitting Edwin Rios pushing to make the Dodgers' opening day roster
Edwin Rios, a utility
player with power, could make the Dodgers opening day squad because of the new NL designated hitter rule and expanded roster.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus to Cast a Pall Over Q2 Earnings: 5 Stocks to Stand Out
It will be prudent to invest in companies from the tech, healthcare and utility
sectors, which are expected to have suffered less compared to others in Q2.
Zacks. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Chesapeake Utilities (CPK) Inks Deal to Supply Clean Energy
(CPK) forges partnership with CleanBay Renewables to provide renewable natural gas for its Delmarva community.
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Mayor Lightfoot to speak on launch of Utility Billing Relief program
Mayor Lori Lightfoot will discuss the launch of Chicago's Utility
Billing Relief Program at a press conference Monday afternoon.
ABC News. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- The Next Energy Battle: Renewables vs. Natural Gas
As coal declines and wind and solar energy rise, some are pushing to limit the use of natural gas, but utilities
say they are not ready to do so.
New York Times. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Storing Heat Energy Offers $300bn Opportunity To Cut Carbon Emissions
The market for heat storage is more than three times the size of the utility
scale electricity storage market, at about $300 billion, according to Aurora Research. ...
Forbes. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- PG&E, Troubled California Utility, Emerges From Bankruptcy
The company, which has a new board and chief executive, said it had put $5.4 billion and its stock in a trust for victims of wildfires started by its equipment.
New York Times. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Utility bills will likely increase by 10% on average in big cities this summer
With millions of Americans still at home, renewable energy provider Arcadia estimates about 1 in 3 people will see their utility
bills go up by at least 10% this summer.
CNBC. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Tesla's Autobidder Platform Is One Example Of A New Energy Future
Tesla manufactures a wide range of hardware and distributed energy resources (DER) from EVs and battery packs (residential and utility-scale) to solar roofs.
Forbes. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Caesars Palace utility porter, 51, dies after he was diagnosed with COVID-19
Adolfo Fernandez, 51, died on Wednesday at Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas just days after he was diagnosed with COVID-19. He worked as a utility
porter at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- Is investing in utility giants STILL such a bright idea?
As a nation we've used less water, gas and electricity during lockdown thanks to shutdowns in manufacturing and less use of transport networks. This has an effect on the nation's utilities
Daily Mail. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- Trust in Utilities Reaches All-Time High During COVID-19
LIVONIA, Mich. - Cogent Syndicated names the 2020 Most Trusted Utility
Business Wire. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- ComEd warns of increase in utility scams as customers continue to stay home due to COVID-19
No one wants their electricity cut off, especially during a global pandemic when you're spending much more time at home, and it's that fear that scammers are preying on.
ABC News. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Goldman Sachs backs these European stocks as acquisition targets
Goldman Sachs has tipped several European technology, insurance and utility
companies for acquisition in the latest reshuffle of its M&A basket for the region.
CNBC. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- Coal ash landfill plans put on hold at Tennessee plant
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A federal utility
is putting plans on hold to build a dry coal ash landfill at a Tennessee power plant. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries