This Utility news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about utility and utilities news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 9 Top Utilities Stocks, A Great Place To Invest During A Recession
Investing in utilities
shares can be a great way to limit downside risk and collect a healthy dividend in turbulent times. Here are some of the best utilities
to consider investing in right now.
Forbes. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- A third of Americans say their credit card and utility bills are piling up
Surveys released this week show how millions of families are now struggling financially, being unable to pay their rent, credit card and utility
bills and increasingly gloomy about their future prospects.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 5 Oct 2022.
- 3 Top-Ranked Utility Stocks Shaking off Market Woes
Consumers have a never-ending need for the services provided by these companies, which helps explains why they've fared better than most in a historically-volatile 2022.
Zacks. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Caught on camera: Grandmother choked, robbed of life savings by suspect disguised as utility worker
You can hear grandma's screams as the suspects dragged grandma's chihuahua and then proceeded to choke and beat her.
ABC News. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Biden Will Visit Puerto Rico to Survey Hurricane Damage
companies are still working to restore power to thousands of customers on the island nearly two weeks after Hurricane Fiona made landfall.
New York Times. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Is American Century Utilities Investor (BULIX) a Strong Mutual Fund Pick Right Now?
Mutual Fund Report for BULIX
Zacks. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- CITY WHISPERS: Traders wade into short positions over Pennon
Short positions - contracts that allow investors to make money when a share price falls - taken against the FTSE250 utility
rose in the past fortnight.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 1 Oct 2022.
- Review: Aventon Levels Up Performance, Comfort And Utility With Level.2 Ebike
The Aventon Level.2 ebike isn't exotic or finicky, it's just a solid ebike you can commute on, run errands with and have some good fun on. Best of all, it comes complete with a lot of the stuff that usually costs extra.
Forbes. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- Utility bills are increasing, causing inflation frustration | How you can get some relief
Do you qualify for utility
assistance? One organization is looking to help.
ABC News. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- 'Utility' as in usefulness, not power
The Times created the Utility
Journalism Team in 2020 to write how-to stories and explainers that empower readers to advance their own interests.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- Americans struggle to pay utilities as energy prices surge
About 20% of households have missed or made a late payment on their utility
bill, Bank of America found.
CBS News. Monday, 26 Sep 2022.
- Sri Lanka power cuts - wrong oil blamed
The head of the country's utilities
regulator says poor quality oil led to the shutdown of a power plant.
BBC News. Monday, 26 Sep 2022.
- Families sue SoCal Edison over Fairview fire that killed 2, destroyed dozens of structures
The families allege the utility
failed to de-energize its electrical lines, sparking the massive Fairview fire in San Bernardino County.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 23 Sep 2022.
- 1 Sector ETF to Buy Before All of the Rest
Select Sector SPDR Fund (XLU) has outperformed the broader market this year. As the utility
sector usually holds up well in downturns, this ETF might be a ...
Entrepreneur. Friday, 23 Sep 2022.
- Winter Forecast: Gas and Electric Bills Will Soar
companies warn that customers can expect increases of as high as 32 percent during the cold weather.
New York Times. Tuesday, 20 Sep 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries