This Utility news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about utility and utilities news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Should You Invest in the Fidelity MSCI Utilities Index ETF (FUTY)?
Sector ETF report for FUTY
Zacks. Thursday, 23 Jan 2020.
- Utility mulls moving cemeteries at plant to store coal ash
GALLATIN, Tenn. (AP) - A federal utility
is considering relocating cemeteries within a Tennessee power plant's property lines to expand coal ash storage. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 22 Jan 2020.
- Renewable Energy Prices Hit Record Lows: How Can Utilities Benefit From Unstoppable Solar And Wind?
If falling prices have made renewable energy unstoppable in the U.S., what does that mean for utilities? If the question is determined by smart policy, the answer may be financial opportunity.
Forbes. Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020.
- US Space Force reveals new earth-toned camouflage uniform and nametape
The Space Force tweeted out a photo of a utility
uniform and nametape Friday, about a month after President Trump signed the sixth branch of the military into existence on December 20, 2019.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 18 Jan 2020.
- Aqua America to Rename Itself, Gets Nod to Buy Peoples Gas
Aqua America (WTR) receives approval from the Pennsylvania Public Utility
Commission to complete the acquisition of Peoples Gas.
Zacks. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- CMS rejects Wyoming plan to lower air ambulance costs
Wyoming essentially proposed making air ambulances into a public utility
by making all residents eligible for Medicaid coverage of air ambulances regardless of their income level.
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- How anti-sprawl policies may be harming water quality
Urban growth boundaries are created by governments in an effort to concentrate urban development -- buildings, roads and the utilities
that support them -- within a defined area. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- After Quakes, Puerto Rico's Electricity Is Back On For Most, But Uncertainty Remains
Puerto Rico's public utility, PREPA said 99% of its customers' electricity has been restored following last week's 6.4 earthquake. Thousands remain in makeshift camps unsure when they can return home.
NPR. Monday, 13 Jan 2020.
- Scores Of People In Puerto Rico Remain Without Shelter, Power Days After 6.4 Quake
Some 2,000 people have been displaced, according to one humanitarian group's estimate. But there are hopeful signs. Puerto Rico's utility
says roughly 80% of its customers have their electricity back.
NPR. Friday, 10 Jan 2020.
- Credit card, utility scams among Better Business Bureau's top 10 scams of 2019
From fake websites to the explosion of robocalls, the BBB shares the scams that are impacting consumers the most.
ABC News. Sunday, 5 Jan 2020.
- When U.S. Emissions Dropped, Mortality Dropped Dramatically
reduced emissions from coal burning power plants, they significantly reduced the damage they do to public health and the economy, according to a new study.
Forbes. Monday, 30 Dec 2019.
- Utilities commission to allow Idaho Power to purchase energy
NAMPA, Idaho (AP) - The Idaho Public Utilities
Commission approved an agreement to allow Idaho Power to buy energy from Jackpot Solar, the commission said. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 29 Dec 2019.
- Real estate industry rallies for agent who lost sons in Christmas car crash
Twin 16-year-olds Mark Anthony and Michael Angelo Urista were two of three teens killed when the Hyundai sedan they were in veered into a northbound lane and hit a utility
Inman. Friday, 27 Dec 2019.
- Eskom crisis: Arrests over $50m South Africa power station 'fraud'
Two ex-senior managers of South Africa's struggling power utility
Eskom are among those arrested.
BBC News. Thursday, 19 Dec 2019.
- Prototype of 'world's most powerful offshore wind turbine' starts sending power to utility
As a region, Europe is a major player in the offshore wind sector.
CNBC. Wednesday, 18 Dec 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries