This Uniform news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about uniforms from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- WNBA to honor women killed by police and racial violence
Teams will wear the uniforms
in an effort to "seek justice" for Breonna Taylor, Sandra Bland and others.
CBS News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- NFL to play "Black anthem" before all Week 1 games, reports say
"Lift Ev'ry Voice and Sing" would be played before national anthem; players might also wear uniform
patches or decals honoring systemic racism victims.
CBS News. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- PC Andrew Harper murder trial shown reconstruction of death
On Wednesday, more than a dozen uniformed police officers stood silent guard as jurors visited Stanford Dingley, Berkshire, where PC Harper died. Pictured: The SEAT Toledo with its trailing tow rope.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Royal Marines unveil new kit - and they'll wear White Ensign flag on their sleeve for the first time
Since their first battles in 1664, the elite Royal Marines have worn their uniforms
with pride. And so it will be, no doubt, with their brand new state-of-the-art uniform
fit for modern combat.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 27 Jun 2020.
- State Representative Requests Mask Ordinance for Denton County Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
State Representative Michelle Beckley has requested that Denton County Judge Andy Eads institute a mask ordinance to "alleviate uncertainty and provide consistent, uniform
public health standards."
NBC. Monday, Jun 22 2020.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci says it's 'frustrating' Americans are ignoring science amid coronavirus pandemic
"Clearly, we have not succeeded in getting the public as a whole uniformly to respond in a way that is a sound scientific, public health and medical situation," he says.
CNBC. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- Bucs release photos of Brady in new uniform
The Buccaneers released photos Tuesday of quarterback Tom Brady in his new uniform
of red, white and pewter.
ESPN. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Sources: NFL teams have uniform report dates
The NFL CBA approved in March has made the date for teams to report to training camp uniform, requiring arrivals 47 or 48 days prior to Week 1 openers, league sources told ESPN.
ESPN. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- City, Mayor Lightfoot tighten reins on Chicago police rule-breakers
Chicago police officials told the ABC7 I-Team on Tuesday that new internal investigations have begun into uniformed officers hiding their names and badge numbers during street violence in the wake of George Floyd's murder.
ABC News. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- Testing Nursing Home Workers Can Help Stop Coronavirus. But Who Should Pay?
A patchwork of state and U.S. recommendations has hampered efforts to devise a uniform
policy, leading to disputes over whether insurers or employers should cover testing costs.
New York Times. Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020.
- PSNI Chief Constable Simon Byrne backtracks on rebranding
Simon Byrne admits a proposal to "tinker" with the PSNI badge on uniforms
"is a non-starter".
BBC News. Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020.
- Chemists have induced uniform chirality
Chirality is a fundamental property of many organic molecules and means that chemical compounds can appear in not only one form, but in two mirror-image forms as well. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 8 Jun 2020.
- What Flying Will Look Like After The Coronavirus Crisis
Airport temperature checks and in-flight masks will be the norm for passengers, while cabin crew will be kitted out in full protective uniforms
with safety googles and gloves.
Forbes. Friday, 5 Jun 2020.
- HRW: Russia's Proposed 'Uniform Federal Database' Would Threaten Right To Privacy
A proposed new law to create a "uniform federal database" in Russia infringes on the right to privacy and weakens protection of personal data for the country's entire population, Human Rights Watch says.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 26 May 2020.
- How cosmic rays may have shaped life
Physicists propose that the influence of cosmic rays on early life may explain nature's preference for a uniform
'handedness' among biology's critical molecules.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 20 May 2020.
Uniforms News Headlines and News Summaries