This Trucking news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about trucking and trucker news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- This Female Founder Raised $125 Million To Take On The $800 Billion Trucking Industry
Lidia Yan is no stranger to taking on a challenge. Her latest venture is taking on one of the largest industries alive, the $800 billion trucking industry, and has brought in some of the biggest venture firms to back her.
Forbes. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Trucker in deadly Colorado crash charged with 40 criminal counts
A Texas truck driver who police say caused a fiery multi-vehicle crash near Denver last week that killed four people and injured four was charged on Friday with 40 criminal counts including vehicular homicide, prosecutors said.
Reuters. Friday, 3 May 2019.
- Amazon's nascent freight service has a truckload of rivals
As Amazon.com Inc targets traditional brokerages that match shippers with truckers, it's also battling a bevy of startups - including Uber Freight and a company funded by the e-commerce giant's founder Jeff Bezos.
Reuters. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- Amazon has been quietly running an 'Uber for trucking' service since last year
It's Amazon's first foray into the freight brokerage space, which includes major competitors like Uber Freight, C.H. Robinson and XPO Logistics.
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- Dramatic moment driver cuts off semi-trailer only for trucker to plow into the car and keep going
The impatient motorist got more than he bargained for when he tried to pass a semi-truck driver during a traffic jam at an intersection. Video of the incident was uploaded to Worldstar Hip Hop.
Daily Mail. Monday, 29 Apr 2019.
- Trucker arrested after pileup leaves 4 dead near Denver
Four people died after a semi-truck hauling lumber plowed into vehicles on a crowded section of Interstate 70 near Denver, authorities said Friday. Barry Petersen reports.
CBS News. Saturday, 27 Apr 2019.
- Houston trucker arrested in pileup that killed 4 near Denver
A truck driver blamed for causing a deadly pileup involving over two dozen vehicles near Denver has been arrested on vehicular homicide charges.
Fox News. Friday, 26 Apr 2019.
- Trucker arrested in fiery Colorado pileup that killed four
The crash turned a stretch of Interstate 70, a major east-west highway, into a raging inferno on Thursday that involved at least 28 vehicles and may have damaged the road surface and an overpass, authorities said. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 26 Apr 2019.
- Trucker Celadon reaches $42M settlement with government
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - An Indianapolis-based trucking company has agreed to pay $42.2 million in restitution to settle securities fraud charges stemming from falsely reporting inflated profits and assets to investors beginning in 2016. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 25 Apr 2019.
- Brazil's president does not think truckers have reason to strike: spokesman
BRASILIA (Reuters) - Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro believes there is no reason for the country's truckers to go on strike, his spokesman said on Monday. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 22 Apr 2019.
- Truck Drivers See Orders, Miles Fall in Latest Slowdown Warning
Across the United States, drivers, regional operators and industry officials say the $700 billion U.S. trucking sector slipped in late 2018, with the fall continuing into this year.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019.
- Portuguese gas stations run dry amid truckers' strike
LISBON, Portugal (AP) - Gas stations across Portugal are running dry amid a truckers' strike over pay and working conditions. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019.
- Brazil announces financial package to avoid truckers' strike
The government of Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro announced Tuesday a financial package aimed at staving off a potential truckers' strike.
Fox News. Tuesday, 16 Apr 2019.
- Border chaos forces truckers to wait hours, sometimes days
The Trump administration has reassigned so many inspectors from Mexico border crossings that truckers are waiting in line for hours and sometimes days to get shipments to the United States
ABC News. Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019.
- IMO Low Sulfur Rule Could Mean Bumpy Road Ahead For Trump, Truckers
New tougher international sulfur limits on marine fuel set to take effect at the beginning of next year could increase the U.S. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019.
New semi for a trucking company
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries