This Trucking news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about trucking and trucker news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- EEOC Must Pay $3.3 Million To Trucking Company Accused Of Sexual Harassment of Female Truck Driver Trainees
One of what surely must be the most outrageous cases of sexual harassment in American history may finally have come to an ignominious end after 14 years.
Forbes. Friday, 10 Jan 2020.
- Truck Stop Caters To Growing Number Of Immigrant Drivers
The number of long-haul truckers in the U.S. has reached an all-time high, and many are immigrants. Some truck stops are adapting to provide drivers a taste of home while on the road.
NPR. Sunday, 5 Jan 2020.
- California's "gig worker" law won't apply to truckers, for now
Truckers and others have sued to stop the law, which makes it harder for companies to treat workers as independent contractors.
CBS News. Wednesday, 1 Jan 2020.
- Judge stalls California labor law as it relates to truckers
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - A federal judge on Tuesday temporarily blocked a new California labor law from impacting more than 70,000 independent truckers. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 31 Dec 2019.
- 3 Semis Catch Fire at Trucking Business in Dallas
Three 18-wheelers caught fire Tuesday morning at a trucking
business in northwest Dallas, officials said. Dallas Fire-Rescue say firefighters responded to the scene at about 2:49 a.m. at 2605 Perth St. ...
NBC. Tuesday, Dec 31 2019.
- Uber, Postmates Sue to Challenge California's New Labor Law
The California Trucking
Association filed the first challenge to the law in November on behalf of independent truckers.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 31 Dec 2019.
- Welsh Grand National 2019: Potters Corner wins for Wales
Welsh-trained Potters Corner wins the Welsh Grand National at 8/1, holding off the challenge of Truckers Lodge.
BBC News. Friday, 27 Dec 2019.
- Canada's trucker shortage is already desperate. Here's how it's about to get worse
Canada's truck driver shortage will grow by half in less than a decade as the industry grapples with an aging workforce and difficulties recruiting young people and women.
CBC News. Friday, 27 Dec 2019.
- Ellie Goulding intervenes as lorry pushes car sideways on A40
The articulated Royal Mail truck is seen pushing a Volkswagen GTi sideways down the Western Ave, A40, in London before screeching to a halt after fellow drivers alert the trucker
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 17 Dec 2019.
- Manufacturers Bleed Jobs As They Wait For Trump To Roll Back Obama-Era Trucking Regulation
Thousands of jobs on the line
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 17 Dec 2019.
- Celadon biggest of nearly 800 trucking failures this year
industry is having a dismal year, thanks to tariffs and lower shipping prices.
CBS News. Thursday, 12 Dec 2019.
- More than 3,300 truckers are suddenly abandoned, some with their loads
Some drivers for Celadon were stranded mid-route after the Indianapolis-based company said it was shuttering operations. Two of the company's executives were charged with fraud this week.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 12 Dec 2019.
- A12 lorry crash: Widower says trucker's jail appeal is 'painful'
Raymond Hogg was jailed for causing death Amanda Snowling's death by dangerous driving.
BBC News. Thursday, 12 Dec 2019.
- Mississippi trucking, equipment facility to create 22 jobs
NATCHEZ, Miss. (AP) - A new trucking
and equipment facility coming to a south Mississippi city is expected to bring about 22 jobs to the area. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 11 Dec 2019.
- Trucking Was Once A Middle Class Job; Will It Still Be?
Truck driving in the decades after World War II often served as a solid middle class job. Has this changed? Who's to blame?And is there a road back to the middle class?
Forbes. Tuesday, 10 Dec 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries