This Trucking news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about trucking and trucker news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- PACCAR (PCAR), Aurora to Jointly Develop Autonomous Big Rigs
PACCAR's (PCAR) latest deal with Aurora will aid the truck maker in its pursuit of revolutionizing the autonomous trucking
Zacks. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Where Are Trucking Stocks Headed in 2021?
2021 promises to be a good year for trucking
stocks, so people should stay invested.
Zacks. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Covid UK: Dover chaos fears as France demands truckers have Covid tests before being let in
Last month the French government banned HGV drivers from crossing the English Channel in a desperate bid to prevent the spread of 'mutant' Covid detected in Kent.
Daily Mail. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Dramatic image reveals how 8,000 stranded truck drivers are finally on their way home
British Army troops came to the rescue of thousands of weary truckers this Christmas as stranded drivers finally started to head home after days of being stuck in their cabs on a Kent airfield.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 26 Dec 2020.
- Kent lorry chaos: Truckers warned of Christmas in their cabs
Transport Secretary Grant Shapps says it could take days to clear the backlog of lorries in Kent.
BBC News. Thursday, 24 Dec 2020.
- Covid-19: Truckers who tested negative board ferries for France
Those with a negative test result can now leave the UK, but it could take days to clear the backlog.
BBC News. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- Even after border reopens, truckers stuck at British ports scuffle with the police.
Britain agreed to broad virus tests for truck drivers as part of a deal to reopen land, air and sea routes to France.
New York Times. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- U.K. and France Work to Help Stranded Truckers and Ease Fears of Food Shortages
Two days after closing its borders to arrivals from Britain, France was expected to reopen its borders to French nationals, residents and workers like truck drivers.
New York Times. Tuesday, 22 Dec 2020.
- How This Company Is Disrupting the Trucking Industry
The founder of a company that creates electric and hybrid powertrains for heavy trucks talks about building a business that challenges the status quo.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 22 Dec 2020.
- Police Searching For Masked Men Who Tortured, Executed Two Truckers
'I don't know why this happened to him'
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 8 Dec 2020.
- Trucker who drove toward crowd of protesters charged
A tanker truck was seen approaching thousands of George Floyd protesters as they tried to frantically get out of the way during the incident earlier this summer.
CBS News. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Temporary loos promised for truckers caught short by Brexit delays
The Department of Transport will provide temporary roadside toilets for lorry drivers caught short in long queues caused by Brexit border delays, MPs have been told.
Sky News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- As Tesla surges 600% off its 2020 low, meet the next electric car newcomer going public
Riding the momentum of Tesla surging 600% off its 2020 low, electric trucking
company Hyliion is going public at the perfect time.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 2 Sep 2020.
- Lee Zeldin: Frontline coronavirus workers helped by Trump
Rep. Lee Zeldin of New York on Wednesday said America is served by "everyday heroes," from farmers to truckers, but the nation owes a great debt this year to frontline health workers battling COVID-19. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 26 Aug 2020.
- Truckers Fear For Their Safety After Efforts To Defund The Police
'So far we're staying clear'
Daily Caller. Monday, 3 Aug 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries