This Trucking news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about trucking and trucker news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Trucker who drove toward crowd of protesters charged
A tanker truck was seen approaching thousands of George Floyd protesters as they tried to frantically get out of the way during the incident earlier this summer.
CBS News. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Why Trucking Stocks Are So Hot Right Now
There is a load of picks in this sector including MRTN, ULH, WERN, JBHT and SAIA.
Zacks. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Temporary loos promised for truckers caught short by Brexit delays
The Department of Transport will provide temporary roadside toilets for lorry drivers caught short in long queues caused by Brexit border delays, MPs have been told.
Sky News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Chilean truckers end week-long strike on promise of beefed up security
Chilean truckers said on Wednesday they would lift a seven-day strike that has damaged supply chains and raised fears for food and commodities exports, following a deal with government. ...
Yahoo. Wednesday, 2 Sep 2020.
- As Tesla surges 600% off its 2020 low, meet the next electric car newcomer going public
Riding the momentum of Tesla surging 600% off its 2020 low, electric trucking
company Hyliion is going public at the perfect time.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 2 Sep 2020.
- 'Innocent' trucker is tortured and bludgeoned to death by vigilante parents
Police believe that a girl, ten, who said Russian Dmitry Chikvarkin, 48, had touched her and a three-year-old was 'lying' as a 'joke'. The truck driver had given a lift to them at the request of their parents.
Daily Mail. Friday, 28 Aug 2020.
- Lee Zeldin: Frontline coronavirus workers helped by Trump
Rep. Lee Zeldin of New York on Wednesday said America is served by "everyday heroes," from farmers to truckers, but the nation owes a great debt this year to frontline health workers battling COVID-19. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 26 Aug 2020.
- Aunt of trucker, 51, who posted tragic message a day before dying of coronavirus also dies of COVID
Jessie Prieto, the aunt of California truck driver, Tommy Macias, 51, who penned a tragic Facebook post just a day before dying from coronavirus, has also passed away from COVID-19.
Daily Mail. Monday, 24 Aug 2020.
- Tough winter hurting NJ trucking industry
Few traffic jams have been as bad as the trucking
tie-ups around the ports of New Jersey this winter. As CBS News' Alex Christoforus reports, those traffic delays are backing up product deliveries for major retailers.
CBS News. Monday, 17 Aug 2020.
- Rescue of Troubled Trucking Company With White House Ties Draws Scrutiny
Members of a congressional oversight panel want to know how YRC Worldwide won a $700 million loan from the Treasury Department.
New York Times. Monday, 3 Aug 2020.
- Truckers Fear For Their Safety After Efforts To Defund The Police
'So far we're staying clear'
Daily Caller. Monday, 3 Aug 2020.
- Keep On Trucking With PACCAR Inc.
While the COVID-19 pandemic is hurting the trucking
industry in the short-term, we believe the long-term growth of the industry remains intact and there's still value with this leading firm.
Forbes. Monday, 3 Aug 2020.
- Delek Logistics (DKL) to Post Q2 Earnings: What's in Store?
Delek Logistics Partners' (DKL) second-quarter earnings are likely to have benefited from contracts with minimum volume commitments and the acquisition of trucking
assets from Delek US Holdings.
Zacks. Friday, 31 Jul 2020.
- Brexit Border Bureaucracy Looms for Truckers, Pet Owners and Travelers
Next year businesses and travelers face mounds of new paperwork (and higher cellphone bills) as Britain builds up frontier controls.
New York Times. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Second wave fear after 21 COVID-19 cases linked to hotel used by truckers
Twenty-one new COVID-19 infections in Australia's most populous state have been linked to a Sydney hotel used by lorry drivers travelling the country, adding to fears of a second wave of the virus.
Sky News. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries