This Trucking news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about trucking and trucker news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- ATA scores a success over tariffs on intermodal containers
The American Trucking
Assns. secured a victory for the trucking
industry with the report that tariffs on Chinese-made, 53-foot domestic intermodal containers would not go into effect as previously announced. ...
Furniture Today. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Soldiers deliver gas as Portuguese truckers' strike bites
LISBON, Portugal (AP) - Soldiers are driving tanker trucks to distribute gas in Portugal as an open-ended truckers' strike over pay enters its second day. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Stamford woman's family to be paid $18.75 million settlement
STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) - A New Jersey trucking
company has agreed to pay the family of a Connecticut woman killed in a 2016 crash $18.75 million, described as one of the largest wrongful death settlements in state history. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 2 Aug 2019.
- Knight-Swift (KNX) Q2 Earnings Top Estimates, Revenues Miss
Soft freight demand resulting in lower trucking
revenues affect Knight-Swift (KNX) Q2 results. However, the company's cost control measures partly offset the adversity.
Zacks. Thursday, 25 Jul 2019.
- This transport stock holds the key to earnings season
giant J.B. Hunt's upcoming earnings report has put the falling transport stocks back in focus, and experts are closely watching their results.
CNBC. Monday, 15 Jul 2019.
- Sorry Truckers, Volvo's Autonomous Vehicles Can Handle it From Here
Volvo's Vera will eventually mean fewer trucking
Entrepreneur. Monday, 17 Jun 2019.
- 2 Trucking Stocks For Sale Below Book Value: With Earnings And Dividends
These 2 stocks in the trucking
industry are now trading below book -- even with earnings and paying dividends. Is it a pre-recession thing?
Forbes. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- This Female Founder Raised $125 Million To Take On The $800 Billion Trucking Industry
Lidia Yan is no stranger to taking on a challenge. Her latest venture is taking on one of the largest industries alive, the $800 billion trucking
industry, and has brought in some of the biggest venture firms to back her.
Forbes. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- German trucker jumps aboard, stops runaway tractor-trailer
A daring German trucker
is being hailed as a hero after leaping aboard a moving tractor-trailer whose driver died at the wheel and bringing it to a stop before anyone was injured.
Fox News. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Trucker in deadly Colorado crash charged with 40 criminal counts
A Texas truck driver who police say caused a fiery multi-vehicle crash near Denver last week that killed four people and injured four was charged on Friday with 40 criminal counts including vehicular homicide, prosecutors said.
Reuters. Friday, 3 May 2019.
- Amazon's nascent freight service has a truckload of rivals
As Amazon.com Inc targets traditional brokerages that match shippers with truckers, it's also battling a bevy of startups - including Uber Freight and a company funded by the e-commerce giant's founder Jeff Bezos.
Reuters. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- Amazon has been quietly running an 'Uber for trucking' service since last year
It's Amazon's first foray into the freight brokerage space, which includes major competitors like Uber Freight, C.H. Robinson and XPO Logistics.
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- Dramatic moment driver cuts off semi-trailer only for trucker to plow into the car and keep going
The impatient motorist got more than he bargained for when he tried to pass a semi-truck driver during a traffic jam at an intersection. Video of the incident was uploaded to Worldstar Hip Hop.
Daily Mail. Monday, 29 Apr 2019.
- One narrow bridge, one VERY long vehicle: Determined Texas trucker finds way to make it across river
In the video, which was filmed in Wimberley, Texas, the truck and its enormous trailer is driven slowly round a tight bend as it approaches the river and the trailer's wheels slip into the water.
Daily Mail. Monday, 29 Apr 2019.
- Knight-Swift (KNX) Q1 Earnings Beat, Revenues Miss Mark
Efficient cost-control measures boost Knight-Swift's (KNX) Q1 results amid sluggish trucking
Zacks. Monday, 29 Apr 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries