This Truck news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about truck and trucks news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- WATCH: Turtles saved from black market dealers
SWIM FREE: Thirty-one turtles are released back into the sea after they were seized by authorities from illegal black market smugglers who were transporting them on the back of a truck
ABC News. Saturday, 16 Oct 2021.
- Impatient biker has a narrow escape when he tries to squeeze between two huge trucks in Brazil
A Brazilian biker nearly pays the ultimate price for an impatient dash between two trucks, as they creep back into motion while he is still between them, flattening his bike and throwing him off.
Daily Mail. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Truck driver shortage fuels supply chain gridlock
Amid a supply chain bottleneck, there's a shortage of truck
drivers to clear out the backlog at U.S. ports. Carter Evans takes a look.
CBS News. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Volvo unveils world's first load carrier made of fossil fuel-free steel
The all-electric, autonomous truck
features a load carrier for carrying materials. Volvo said it was made using electricity from renewable sources to create the clean-burning gas.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Embark Trucks Says It Has 14,200 Reservations For Its Self-Driving Software, Slated For Launch In 2024
The reservations are non-binding, but they reflect a vote of confidence by a range of trucking fleets who want to deploy the Embark Driver software.
Forbes. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Has Tesla (TSLA) Outpaced Other Auto-Tires-Trucks Stocks This Year?
Is (TSLA) Outperforming Other Auto-Tires-Trucks Stocks This Year?
Zacks. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- What Triggered Daimler's (DDAIF) Truck Division Spin-Off Decision?
With Daimler's (DDAIF) truck
division spin-off, the company plans to grow further and continue its dominance in alternative powertrains and automation.
Zacks. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Major backlog at ports disrupts supply chain
drivers and customers are frustrated with the supply chain backlog. Carter Evans gets their reaction.
CBS News. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- Arizona Border Patrol agents seize over 50 pounds of fentanyl hidden under truck bed
U.S. Border Patrol agents discovered more than 50 pounds of suspected fentanyl in a hidden compartment beneath the bed of a pickup Wednesday
Fox News. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Hyundai Could Be Starting To Turn The Corner On Computer Chip Shortage
Hyundai hopes to have enough computer chips in the fourth quarter to provide U.S. dealers with a better supply of cars and trucks
. Across the industry, the new-vehicle shortage is driving up prices.
Forbes. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- Britain Needs Truckers Fast. We Went to a School Where They Train.
Britain has experienced shortages of gasoline and some foods because of too few drivers. At a military barracks in South London, trainees are learning how to maneuver trucks
through streets and highways.
New York Times. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- Ford F-Series and Chevrolet Silverado lead 11% spike in vehicle thefts
The Ford F-Series and Chevrolet Silverado topped the National Insurance Crime Bureau's 2020 Hot Wheels report of stolen vehicles. The full-size trucks
are among the most popular vehicles in the U.S.
Fox News. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- After tornado watch issued for parts of Illinois, possible twister damages truck near Springfield
Two possible tornadoes were caught on camera near Springfield, Illinois Monday.
ABC News. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- Driver who tried to run over pedestrians in Hawthorne dies after attack by crowd, officials say
Detectives are investigating the death of a man who was pulled from his pickup truck
after trying to run people over on a Hawthorne sidewalk early Saturday.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 10 Oct 2021.
- Military Personnel in U.K. Begin Driving Fuel Trucks to Stem Shortage
A top government official said that supplies were improving but that wider disruptions could continue as the holiday season approaches.
New York Times. Tuesday, 5 Oct 2021.
Truck Dealers News Headlines and News Summaries