This Tree news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about tree and trees news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Drink-driving woman jailed 28 months for killing man on date
Michael McMahon (pictured), 28. died after Lauren Iles, 26, lost control of her mother's BMW as she raced another car and crashed into a tree
in St Albans.
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Chicago Weather: Storms down trees, power lines in Kane, Lake counties
Storms and gusty winds Thursday downed trees
and power lines in Chicago's north and west suburbs.
ABC News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- No longer Dana White's dream, UFC's Fight Island is real
The imagery evoked by Dana White's crazy idea was undeniably intoxicating: An octagon perched amid swaying palm trees
on a white sand beach, waves lapping at the canvas while mixed martial arts fighters traded blows in the tropical sun.
Fox News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Death of Black man found hanging from tree ruled a suicide
Robert Fuller had prior reports of suicidal idealization and he had disclosed that "he did have a plan to kill himself," according to the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department.
CBS News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Robert Fuller Update: Police investigators determine suicide as cause of Black man's hanging death
A police investigation confirmed suicide was the cause of death of a Black man found hanging from a tree
in a Southern California city park last month, authorities said Thursday.
ABC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Sky wins planning approval for new UK studios complex
Construction of the state-of-the-art facility, which will be built in Hertfordshire near the famous Elstree studios, can now begin. It will have 12 sound stages and be equivalent in size to 22 football pitches.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- National parks: Aggressive bees close Joshua Tree campground
Jumbo Rocks Campground is shut through July 23 because of 'aggressive honey bee activity,' the park's website says.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Sky given go-ahead for new TV and film studio at 'British Hollywood'
Sky - the owner of Sky News - has been given the green light to start building a new "state-of-the-art film and TV studio", close to the famous Elstree Studios in Hertfordshire.
Sky News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- California condors spotted in Sequoia after nearly 50 years
The giant birds were known to nest inside massive sequoia trees
before their near-extinction in the 1980s.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Alleged racist attack on Black man in Indiana under investigation by FBI
Vauhxx Booker says a group of White men pinned him against a tree
and threatened to "get a noose." Booker's attorney says the FBI is questioning witnesses who captured the assault on cellphone video. Jericka Duncan reports.
CBS News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Tree rings show unprecedented rise in extreme weather in South America
A new South American Drought Atlas reveals that unprecedented widespread, intense droughts and unusually wet periods have been on the rise since the mid-20th century.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Street traders losing 'right to shade' under trees
Traders in India are being denied the "right to shade" under trees, threatening food security.
BBC News. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Tree falls on Maryland garage during 'very brief' storm, 19 sent to hospitals
A total of 19 people were sent to area hospitals on Sunday after a large tree
toppled onto a garage in Maryland where people were seeking shelter from a passing storm, according to officials.
Fox News. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Surrounded by trees and with 1,200 solar panels, this Norwegian building could change how we think about factories
The buildings that produce the goods we use every single day are changing.
CNBC. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Should WisdomTree U.S. SmallCap ETF (EES) Be on Your Investing Radar?
Style Box ETF report for EES
Zacks. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries