This Travel news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about travel news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Boozy Britons are already back in Magaluf after coronavirus travel ban was lifted
British revellers, who were not wearing face masks, made their return to the Punta Ballena party strip in Magaluf, Spain, shortly after 2am on Friday to begin their booze-fuelled holiday.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- 2 ships collide head-on while traveling through canal in Canada, video shows
Two ships passing through a Canadian waterway collided head-on Saturday, alarming onlookers who recorded the incident on video.
Fox News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: Travel company TUI cancels summer flights out of Aberdeen
The operator said it would be focussing on flying from its largest UK airports in the coming months.
BBC News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- British student who joined Islamic State killed in Syria prison
A British student who travelled to Syria to join the Islamic State (IS) group has been killed in the prison where he was being held.
Sky News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- TONY HETHERINGTON: Post Office caves in on insurance
We are in our 70s and we took out an annual travel
insurance policy with the Post Office. Because of Covid 19 we have been unable to travel
. We hoped to get a refund or transfer the policy, but got refused.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- More Americans choose to vacation locally than abroad amid coronavirus pandemic
As the coronavirus pandemic puts a damper on air travel
and vacationing abroad, many Americans are satisfying their travel
needs by taking vacations in their local areas. Kris Van Cleave reports.
CBS News. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- In Latin America, the Pandemic Threatens Equality Like Never Before
Over the past two decades, inequality in Latin America had fallen to the lowest point in its recorded history. The pandemic threatens to reverse that. We traveled 1,000 miles across Colombia to document this critical moment.
New York Times. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Belgians told to avoid travelling to Leicester after spike in infections
Belgians have been ordered not to travel
to Leicester as the city is under strict lockdown measures.
Sky News. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- 16-0? Analytics and oddsmakers say Ravens on path to perfection
Baltimore has the best path to perfection because of the combination of the NFL's easiest schedule, the fewest travel
miles ... and Lamar Jackson.
ESPN. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Thinking of Traveling in the U.S.? These States Have Travel Restrictions
A third of states have strict measures in place for visitors, from mandatory testing to quarantine requirements.
New York Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Trump says U.S.-China relationship is 'severely damaged,' phase 2 trade deal not a priority
Trump blamed China for not stopping the spread of the coronavirus, according to reporters who were traveling with the president on Air Force One.
CNBC. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- The Great Travel Depression? Hotels, Cruise Lines, Airlines Prepare To Open Q2 Books
For much of the first half of this year, consumers stuck at home as the coronavirus circled the globe. ....
Forbes. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: Quarantine rules end for dozens of destinations
Travellers to the UK from more than 70 places no longer have to self-isolate from Friday.
BBC News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- TRV or PGR: Which P&C Insurance Industry Player Has an Edge?
Let's now see how Travelers (TRV) and (PGR) fare in terms of some of the key metrics.
Zacks. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- All aboard for social distancing: Amtrak offers 2-for-1 roomette sale
Amtrak passengers can save money on private roomettes for travel
through Sept. 30.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries