This Transportation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about transportation news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Is Fidelity Select Transportation (FSRFX) a Strong Mutual Fund Pick Right Now?
Mutual Fund Report for FSRFX
Zacks. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Airlines receiving coronavirus aid will be allowed to consolidate routes into fewer airports
The U.S. Department of Transportation
will allow airlines to consolidate some of their service into a single airport to receive aid.
CNBC. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- Wabtec Strong on Revenues Amid High Operating Expenses
Wabtec's (WAB) high operating expenses and debt levels are worrisome. However, the expanded product portfolio due to its merger with GE Transportation
Zacks. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- Consolidating flights to US cities could help stem airline industry losses as coronavirus dampens demand, executives say
U.S. airlines and the Department of Transportation
may soon have to consider consolidating service to dozens of cities around the country in a bid to help carriers cut losses, several airline industry executives told CNBC.
CNBC. Monday, 30 Mar 2020.
- Global Supply Chains Are Only As Strong As Their Weakest Link, And That Matters During The Coronavirus Crisis
Any chain is only as strong as its weakest link. We should remember the critical role of transportation
Forbes. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- The Sharing Economy After The Pandemic
As our lives are disrupted by quarantines and mandatory closures of public gathering spaces due to COVID-19, we might have to rethink shared mobility solutions and even mass transportation
Forbes. Thursday, 26 Mar 2020.
- Coronavirus has people changing their minds about ride-hailing, study says - Roadshow
Cars.com polled over 3,000 people to see what COVID-19 has done to their transportation
habits, and the results aren't that surprising.
CNET. Tuesday, 24 Mar 2020.
- Two checked baggage handlers at JFK test positive for coronavirus as TSA reveals 12 workers have it
Two checked baggage handlers at New York's John F Kennedy Airport have tested positive for coronavirus, the Transportation
and Security Administration (TSA) has revealed.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 19 Mar 2020.
- Chaos at U.S. airports as screenings cause delays
CBS News transportation
correspondent Kris Van Cleave reports on the coronavirus' impact on travel worldwide.
CBS News. Sunday, 15 Mar 2020.
- TSA worker at Orlando airport tests positive for coronavirus: report
A worker for the Transportation
Security Administration has tested positive for coronavirus, the agency disclosed Saturday night.
Fox News. Sunday, 15 Mar 2020.
- Driverless trucks being tested right now on public roads
60 Minutes climbs aboard for a look at the very near future of transportation
and technology that could eliminate as many as 300,000 jobs, Sunday.
CBS News. Friday, 13 Mar 2020.
- TSA says 3 San Jose airport employees have tested positive for coronavirus
Security Administration officers who work at the Mineta San Jose International Airport have tested positive for coronavirus, the agency confirmed Tuesday.
Fox News. Wednesday, 11 Mar 2020.
- 3 TSA Screeners In San Jose, Calif., Have Contracted Coronavirus, Agency Says
The security officers, all of whom work at Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport, are the first confirmed cases of the virus within the Transportation
Security Administration, officials say.
NPR. Wednesday, 11 Mar 2020.
- New Yorkers avoid subway trains during morning rush hour commute
New York City's public transportation
system appeared to be empty during Tuesday morning's rush hour commute as people heeded Mayor Bill de Blasio's warning to stay off the subway trains.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 10 Mar 2020.
- Aptean acquires Paragon Software Systems
Enterprise resource planning software company Aptean has acquired Paragon Software Systems, a transportation
management software solution that serves the retail industry. ...
Furniture Today. Thursday, 5 Mar 2020.
Transportation Services News Headlines and News Summaries