This Transportation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about transportation news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Some gas stations running out of fuel after Russian hacker group shuts down critical pipeline
A fuel shortage threatens the transportation
industry after the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack. Ed O'Keefe reports on what a continued shutdown could mean.
CBS News. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Autopilot likely not engaged in Texas Tesla crash, NTSB report says
The Tesla Model S involved in a fatal crash in Texas last month was likely not in Autopilot mode, according to the National Transportation
ABC News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Deadly Amtrak train derailment raises questions about company's safety
An Amtrak passenger train derailed Sunday near Columbia, South Carolina, killing two people. Former NTSB chairman and CBS News transportation
analyst Mark Rosenker joins "CBS Evening News" to discuss the accident.
CBS News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- New Major Market Index Highs As Transports Continues To Lead
The Dow Jones Transportation
Average has been the last to peak in each of the three bull markets since the year 2000. Industrials and transports set new highs together on May 7.
Forbes. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Has USA Truck (USAK) Outpaced Other Transportation Stocks This Year?
Is (USAK) Outperforming Other Transportation
Stocks This Year?
Zacks. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Peloton (PTON) to Report Q3 Earnings: What's in the Cards?
Peloton's (PTON) fiscal third-quarter performance is likely to reflect increased production and expedited transportation
of its Bike and Bike+ products.
Zacks. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Joe Biden climate goal to require radical shifts in transportation, agriculture, manufacturing
President Biden’s goal of cutting greenhouse gases more than 50% by 2030 is not feasible without a rapid transformation of the U.S. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- Manisha Jadhav, Key Administrator at Mumbai Hospital, Dies at 51
Dr. Jadhav took action when the pandemic hit last year, mustering personal protection equipment, food and transportation
for the staff.
New York Times. Saturday, 1 May 2021.
- Lane Closures Next Week in Fort Worth, Arlington, Haltom City & Northeast Tarrant County
The Texas Department of Transportation
is alerting drivers to multiple ongoing projects that will cause lane closures around Fort Worth, Arlington, Haltom City and Northeast Tarrant County.
NBC. Friday, Apr 30 2021.
- Clorox weighs price increases on products in response to inflationary costs
In an appearance on CNBC Friday, CEO Linda Rendle told Jim Cramer the bleach producer is facing higher costs in inputs like resin and transportation
CNBC. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Masks On Airplanes Until September: TSA Keeps Mandate
The rule for air and ground transportation
was set to expire in mid-May, but the agency will keep requiring face coverings for at least the next four months.
Forbes. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- TSA will require masks on planes, buses and trains through September 13
The prior mandate, which applies to all public transportation, was set to expire in May. The CDC has said fully vaccinated people can unmask outside, but everyone should mask indoors.
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Steelers CB Layne arrested, faces felony charge
Steelers cornerback Justin Layne was arrested on suspicion of felony transportation
of a firearm inside of a vehicle. The 23-year-old also faces two misdemeanor charges.
ESPN. Friday, 23 Apr 2021.
- TSA is debating whether to extend mask mandate on public transportation
An official who spoke to CNN on the condition of anonymity said the government is consulting experts about whether to keep the mandate, but refused to predict whether it would be extended.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- National Transportation Safety Board Releases Preliminary Report Regarding Fatal 133 Vehicle Pileup in Fort Worth
The National Transportation
Safety Board has released a preliminary report regarding the road treatment strategies used to address the freezing conditions that caused the February crash in Fort Worth that involved more than 133 vehicles.
NBC. Wednesday, Apr 21 2021.
Transportation Services News Headlines and News Summaries