This Transportation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about transportation news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- California court says Uber, Lyft drivers are employees, not contractors
The decision is a major milestone in the transportation
companies' labor battle with the state.
CBS News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Summit (SMLP) Declares Double-E Project Approval by FERC
Summit (SMLP) stated the approval of the Double-E pipeline project to provide natural gas transportation
services with lower emissions.
Zacks. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- What's in the Cards for TE Connectivity's (TEL) Q4 Earnings?
TE Connectivity's (TEL) fiscal fourth-quarter performance is expected to have benefited from the improving Transportation
segment and strong momentum across data centers amid the coronavirus outbreak.
Zacks. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- CDC "strongly recommends" wearing masks on public transportation
The Centers for Disease Control has issued new guidance in which it "strongly recommends" everyone to wear a mask when on public transportation, including in hubs like airports, train stations or in a ride-share. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Federal transportation authorities to vote on probable cause in fatal California boat fire
Federal authorities are expected to vote Tuesday on what likely sparked a fire aboard a scuba dive boat last year that killed 34 people off the coast of Southern California.
Fox News. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Transports Lead The Major Equity Averages In October
The Dow Jones Transportation
Average has been setting new all-time intraday highs so far in October. Here's a scorecard for the major equity averages.
Forbes. Sunday, 18 Oct 2020.
- Several downtown Chicago streets close temporarily for filming this weekend: CDOT
Several downtown streets will be temporarily closed this weekend for filming, according to The Chicago Department of Transportation
ABC News. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Framework for gauging health impacts of self-driving vehicles
Autonomous vehicles (AV) are the wave of the future in the automobile industry, and there's extensive discussion about the impacts on transportation, society, the economy and the environment. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Challenges Of Developing And Facilitating Access To New Sickle Cell Disease Therapies: Case Of The Deferoxamine Patch
Black Americans who suffer from sickle cell disease face resource constraints and unique challenges associated with SCD, which include logistical hurdles such as transportation
and insurance coverage. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- White House Blocked C.D.C. From Requiring Masks on Public Transportation
The order would have mandated that both passengers and employees wear face coverings on planes, trains, buses and subways and in airports, stations and depots.
New York Times. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- Instagram account reveals the most ridiculous face mask alternatives spotted on the subway
The SubwayCreatures Instagram account has documented some of the funniest and most bizarre mask alternatives to make it onto public transportation
Daily Mail. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- Kentucky-Missouri ferry down due to low water on Mississippi
HICKMAN, Ky. (AP) - A ferry that connects Kentucky and Missouri has shut down service due to low water on the Mississippi River. The Kentucky Transportation
Cabinet said the ferry will remain closed until further notice. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- Momentus to become the latest space stock with ticker 'MNTS,' valued at $1.2 billion in SPAC deal
Stable Road Capital will take space transportation
specialist Momentus public through a SPAC deal that values the company at $1.2 billion.
CNBC. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- No public bus service in Detroit due to Driver work stoppage
DETROIT (AP) - Public bus service in Detroit has been shut down early Friday as drivers are staging a work stoppage due to a labor dispute, the city's Transportation
Department said Friday. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 2 Oct 2020.
- Report claims coronavirus is unlikely to spread on NYC subway and buses
A new report from the American Public Transportation
Association claims that New York City subway and bus commuters have a low risk of catching coronavirus during their rides.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 30 Sep 2020.
Transportation Services News Headlines and News Summaries