This Transportation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about transportation news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Health Secretary Azar tells Trump U.S. Capitol riot was an assault on democracy that tarnishes his legacy
Azar's resignation came after U.S. Transportation
Secretary Elaine Chao, another Cabinet member, and several other Trump administration officials resigned.
CNBC. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Is Danaos (DAC) Outperforming Other Transportation Stocks This Year?
Is (DAC) Outperforming Other Transportation
Stocks This Year?
Zacks. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Cadillac unveils flying vehicle, autonomous luxury van concepts
Cadillac is planning for a very different transportation
landscape in the future with designs for an autonomous drone taxi and luxury van.
Fox News. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Not Dead Yet: Minivan Upgrades Raise The Bar For Family Transportation
New and updated models seek to revive this once-dominant automotive segment.
Forbes. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Americans traveling to UK must present negative COVID test or face $680 fine
The UK's Department for Transportation
on Friday unveiled new travel restrictions requiring all international travelers - including nationals - to provide a negative COVID-19 test.
Daily Mail. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Should You Invest in the First Trust NASDAQ Transportation ETF (FTXR)?
Sector ETF report for FTXR
Zacks. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Education Secretary Betsy DeVos becomes second Cabinet member to resign over MAGA riot
News of Betsy DeVos' departure came hours after Transportation
Secretary Elaine Chao, who is married to Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, also tendered her resignation.
Daily Mail. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Transportation Sec. Elaine Chao, other staff resign amid DC, Capitol Hill protests
Sec. Elaine Chao is the first Cabinet member to leave in wake of President Trump's response to a mob breaching the Capitol.
ABC News. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Elaine Chao becomes first Trump Cabinet member to resign because of Capitol storming
Secretary Elaine Chao became the first Trump Cabinet member to resign in the wake of Wednesday's storming of the Capitol by the president's supporters.
ABC News. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao is first Trump Cabinet member to quit after riot
The riot at the Capitol fueled by words from President Trump has led to calls for his removal from office, two weeks before Joe Biden is set to take office.
CNBC. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao becomes first Cabinet member to resign
Mick Mulvaney, special envoy to Northern Ireland, and Stephanie Grisham, chief of staff to the first lady, are among those who have announced their resignations.
CBS News. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- Valero Energy Stock To Remain Below Its Pre-Covid Peak
Valero Energy Corp stock currently trades at $56 per share and is still down 41% from the beginning of 2020. Valero Energy Corp is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation
fuels and other petrochemical products. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Historic White's Ferry pauses operations due to legal dispute
For centuries, ferries have been an integral mode of transportation
along the Potomac River. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 3 Jan 2021.
- Alaska Airlines Clamps Down on Emotional Support Animals on Flights
The airline says it will permit service dogs only, following a move by the U.S. Department of Transportation
to reclassify the types of service animals allowed on flights.
New York Times. Wednesday, 30 Dec 2020.
- DFW Airport Explosives Detective Makes TSA 2021 Canine Calendar
Security Administration unveiled its 2021 TSA Canine Calendar and a pup on patrol at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport made the page.
NBC. Thursday, Dec 24 2020.
Transportation Services News Headlines and News Summaries