This Transportation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about transportation news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- As Amazon Automates for Safety and Speed, Its Employee Ranks Will Logically Grow
Billions are being invested in a transportation
future unlike the present precisely because drivers are fallible.
Forbes. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Wildlife charity headed by Prince Harry blasted after three men were killed by elephants
The huge operation saw elephants being carefully hoisted into transportation
vehicles by cranes and shuttled across the country in impressive scenes which were filmed for promotional material
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Marc Short criticizes Trump's "racial slur" against Elaine Chao
Secretary Elaine Chao and her family have been strong crusaders against communist China their whole lives.
CBS News. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Russian troops flee key city allowing Ukraine's forces to make crucial advance
Russia's own Tass and RIA news agencies announced that troops have fled the key transportation
hub of Lyman, citing the Russian defense ministry.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 1 Oct 2022.
- Looking for a Growth Stock? 3 Reasons Why P.A.M. Transportation (PTSI) is a Solid Choice
(PTSI) is well positioned to outperform the market, as it exhibits above-average growth in financials.
Zacks. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- Are Transportation Stocks Lagging Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings (AAWW) This Year?
Here is how Atlas Air Worldwide (AAWW) and Covenant Logistics (CVLG) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Zacks. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- Long-Haul Trucking Nears The On-Ramp To The Highway To Climate-Friendly Transportation
Electrification is not the answer for heavy duty trucking. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Better Stock to Buy Now: FedEx or UPS?
Despite widespread macro headwinds, lucrative federal investments in the U.S. transportation
infrastructure are expected to bode well for the freight and logistics industry, which possesses a significantly positive outlook. ...
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Bill would give District residents $100 worth of free public transit rides monthly
The D.C. Council Committee on Transportation
and the Environment voted on Monday to advance the Metro For DC Amendment Act, which would give city residents $100 a month on a SmarTrip card.
Washington Times. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- Biden administration to propose new rules to increase airline fee disclosures
The proposal comes less than two months after the Transportation
Department sought stricter standards for when airlines have to refund travelers for delays.
CNBC. Monday, 26 Sep 2022.
- Former Chicago, DC transportation leader to head national EV charging program
President Biden has called for a network of 500,000 chargers to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles and fight the climate crisis
ABC News. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- Guns Found at Airport Checkpoints Are On Track to Break Record
This year, Transportation
Security Administration officers have already discovered more than 4,600 guns at airport security checkpoints, and about 87 percent of them were loaded.
New York Times. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- McConnell says wealthy 'blue enclaves' getting 'tiny taste' of border towns' experience with migrant arrivals
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell voiced support for the transportation
of illegal migrants to "well-to-do blue enclaves" like Martha's Vineyard.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- Endorsement: No on Proposition 30
Yes, California needs more money on zero-emission transportation
. But Proposition 30 isn't the best way to do it.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 20 Sep 2022.
- Texas county to investigate transportation of migrants to Martha's Vineyard
The Bexar County Sheriff's Office said it had launched a probe into the operation, which it said transported migrants who had been housed at a shelter in San Antonio to Florida and subsequently to the Massachusetts island.
CBS News. Monday, 19 Sep 2022.
Transportation Services News Headlines and News Summaries