This Transportation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about transportation news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Buttigieg defends taking weeks off during crisis and warns supply chain crisis will go into 2022
Buttigieg rebuked criticism over taking parental leave in the midst of a supply chain crisis after adopting twin newborns, as the Transportation
secretary claimed paid leave to take care of family is still 'work.'
Daily Mail. Monday, 18 Oct 2021.
- Advancing AI Telematics In The Transportation And Logistics Industry Series : Blog #2
This is the second blog in the AI Transportation
and logistics industry. This blog focuses on advancing AI telematics and provides an overview of current state and future state developments. ...
Forbes. Sunday, 17 Oct 2021.
- 'Tucker doesn't understand bottle feeding': Pete Buttigieg fires back at Fox News host Carlson
'I guess he [Tucker] just doesn't understand the concept of bottle feeding, let alone the concept of paternity leave', the Transportation
Secretary told MSNBC's Deadline White House.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 16 Oct 2021.
- How Two Bills in Congress Could Have a Major Impact on Climate Action
Legislation aimed at infrastructure and social programs also includes big changes in energy, transportation
and disaster preparation. They would amount to the most significant climate action ever taken by the United States.
New York Times. Saturday, 16 Oct 2021.
- Progressive (PGR) Banks on Premium Growth Amid Cost Concerns
Progressive (PGR) holds potential to reap benefits driven by higher premiums from Transportation
Network Company business and solid financial position, offset by elevated expenses.
Zacks. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Record number of guns brought to US airports
Security Administration confiscates nearly 4,500 firearms, most of them loaded.
BBC News. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Favorable Infrastructure Spend Aids AECOM (ACM) Amid High Cost
AECOM's (ACM) strength across core transportation, water and environment markets is commendable. Yet, higher inflationary pressure raises a concern.
Zacks. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- Southwest pilots' union president blames airline for cancellations
Some Southwest passengers have had to pick between paying for other transportation
or staying put for days.
CBS News. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- Yes, the latest jobs data may look disappointing, but leisure and transportation sectors give reason for cheer
Job creation might well have slowed, but a deeper dive into employment data suggests the picture is actually pretty rosy.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 8 Oct 2021.
- Toymakers Warn Supply Chain Issues Are a Threat to Holiday Shopping
Covid-19 has caused a massive bottleneck in the global transportation
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- Toymakers warn delays in stocking retail shelves could create a 4-month holiday hangover
Toy manufacturers are dealing with a bottleneck in the global transportation
pipeline that threatens to keep popular products from shelves this holiday season.
CNBC. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- California state park with ties to racist past will now be called by Indigenous name
The name change is the first of its kind for a California park, part of a broad effort to identify and rectify derogatory names attached to state parks and transportation
systems, officials said.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 4 Oct 2021.
- 19 weird and whacky personal transportation vehicles that you'd love to ride
Most people love a great vehicle.We collect vehicles. We put vehicles in shows. We even make alternative vehicles and various transportation
Pocket Lint. Monday, 4 Oct 2021.
- Senate Sends Bill to Biden Ending Furlough of 3,700 Transportation Workers
The measure, which extends expiring transportation
programs for a month, had originally been part of a $1 trillion infrastructure bill that stalled in the House this week.
New York Times. Saturday, 2 Oct 2021.
- Del Rio coalition helped over 1,000 migrants coordinate travel in just 3 days
A Del Rio, Texas, coalition helped coordinate transportation
for more than 1,000 migrants over a four-day period.
Fox News. Thursday, 30 Sep 2021.
Transportation Services News Headlines and News Summaries