This Transportation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about transportation news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Is SPDR S&P Transportation ETF (XTN) a Strong ETF Right Now?
Smart Beta ETF report for XTN
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- CNX Resources (CNX) to Gain From Appalachian Focus & Hedges
CNX Resources (CNX) is poised to benefit from its high-quality asset holdings and Appalachian basin focus. However, dependence on gathering, processing and transportation
facilities owned by others is a headwind.
Zacks. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
- Investigation underway into Virginia plane crash that prompted F-16s to scramble
The National Transportation
Safety Board was at the site of a plane crash in Virginia, trying to determine what caused the aircraft to go down. ...
CBS News. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Saudi Arabia slashes oil supply - as Crown Prince MBS looks to fund his 'giga-projects'
Saudi Arabia's decision following the OPEC meeting in Vienna yesterday will likely mean drivers pay more at the pump as well as raising food prices due to the cost of transportation
Daily Mail. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Decarbonizing The Transportation Sector Will Be A Herculean Task
Reducing carbon emissions in transportation
and doing this in an equitable manner that is economically viable, will be challenging. There are several issues.
Forbes. Friday, 2 Jun 2023.
- Amazon's North America fulfillment head is leaving
Amazon recently revamped its transportation
and fulfillment operations in the U.S. to speed up deliveries and save costs.
CNBC. Thursday, 1 Jun 2023.
- How To Cut Your Second Biggest Expense In Retirement
After housing, transportation
is the second-biggest expense for Americans age 65 and older. Here's how to cut down on or eliminate this expense in retirement.
Forbes. Wednesday, 31 May 2023.
- U.S. Will Require All New Cars to Have Automatic Braking Systems
Department wants new cars to automatically stop when they detect an accident is likely.
New York Times. Wednesday, 31 May 2023.
- Memorial Day air travel tops 2019 levels as consumers keep shelling out for trips
Security Administration said it screened nearly 9.8 million people over Memorial Day weekend.
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 May 2023.
- Highways Have Sliced Through City After City. Can the U.S. Undo the Damage?
The Biden administration is funding projects around the country aimed at reconnecting communities that have been divided by transportation
New York Times. Thursday, 25 May 2023.
- Opinion: Here's why L.A.'s Metro system should let everyone ride for free
Eliminating fares makes economic sense and will help the primary riders of Southern California's major transportation
system, especially on buses.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 24 May 2023.
- Editorial: New York City is moving forward with congestion pricing. Los Angeles should be next
experts argue that congestion pricing is the rare silver-bullet solution to excessive traffic, but the U.S. has been slow to embrace it.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 19 May 2023.
- Department of Transportation investigating HUGE data breach 237,000 federal employees information
The USDOT informed legislators it suspects a data breach may have exposed the personal information of approximately 237,000 present and former federal employees.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 13 May 2023.
- Passengers could get paid for flight delays or cancellations not caused by storms
The U.S. Department of Transportation
is working on new regulations that will require airlines to compensate flyers when there are long delays or cancellations not caused by the weather. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 9 May 2023.
- Biden administration weighs requiring airlines to pay passengers for flight delays
President Biden will direct the Transportation
Department on Monday to look into whether airlines should pay passengers for flight delays in addition to refunds and other amenities.
Washington Times. Monday, 8 May 2023.
Transportation Services News Headlines and News Summaries