This Toy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about toy and toys news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Experiential Retailer Camp Widens Its Playing Field With New Mall Store
startup Camp is opening a new store, and guess where it is? On the site of a failed Toys
R Us experiment in experiential retail.
Forbes. Sunday, 17 Oct 2021.
- Panicked parents phone toy shops in tears as they try to find the must-have Christmas gifts
Parents have been pictured frantically rushing around shops in Surrey, London and Hertfordshire to stock up on presents to ensure their children's stockings aren't empty this year.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 16 Oct 2021.
- Brian Goldner, Hasbro Executive With Hollywood Vision, Dies at 58
He turned a traditional maker of toys
and games into an entertainment company with its own TV and movie studio.
New York Times. Saturday, 16 Oct 2021.
- Shipping disruption: Why are so many queuing to get to the US?
A surge in demand for toys
and sports equipment has contributed to logjams at US ports.
BBC News. Saturday, 16 Oct 2021.
- DOMINIC SANDBROOK: Rubbish on the streets, inflation set to soar - how worried should we be?
DOMINIC SANDBROOK: In recent weeks, soaring oil prices, petrol queues, surging energy bills, empty supermarket shelves, and talk of Christmas toy
shortages have made life feel very Seventies.
Daily Mail. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- McDonald's Will Offer More Sustainable Happy Meal Toys by 2025
New prizes will be made from renewable, recyclable plastics and cardboard in a shift away from using plastic made from virgin fossil fuels
Smithsonian. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- How one toy store found a way to avoid a supply chain nightmare before Christmas
The owner of Kip's Toyland thinks he's outsmarted the global supply chain gridlock that is threatening the holiday shopping season.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Football ambitions, green flying, and Christmas worries
The ongoing shortage of HGV drivers has been affecting supply lines at UK ports, as the pre-Christmas trade rush gets under way. Ian is joined by Gary Grant, founder of toy
retailer The Entertainer.
Sky News. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Toy shops warn of Christmas shortages amid port delays
The boss of toy
chain the Entertainer says it will be harder to get stock to the right places at the right time.
BBC News. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Toy Association president: Bottlenecks at ports are going to take 'many, many' months to decongest
Association President Steve Pasierb said the bottlenecks at Western ports, such as in California, are going to take a long time to decongest on 'America Reports.'
Fox News. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Hasbro C.E.O. Brian Goldner Dies at 58
Mr. Goldner, who went on medical leave two days earlier, has been credited with merging toys
New York Times. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- LEGO says it will remove "gender bias" from toys
LEGO won't market "boy" toys
or "girl" toys, the company announced on International Day of the Girl.
CBS News. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- Gavin Newsom regulations target toys, ketchup, lawnmowers
California Gov. Gavin Newsom, fresh off last month’s recall victory, signed a bundle of bills over the weekend that delivered a fresh layer of woke regulations to his allies on the Democratic left. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- California demands gender-neutral toy displays at big stores
"We need to stop stigmatizing what's acceptable for certain genders and just let kids be kids," assemblyman says.
CBS News. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- Lego Pledges To Remove Gender Bias And Harmful Stereotypes From Its Toys
More than 70% of boys said they worry they will be made fun of if they play with so-called "girls' toys
Forbes. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
Toys News Headlines and News Summaries