This Toy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about toy and toys news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Subway guard is fired for posting security scan showing woman's sex toys
The man had been working as a guard at Guangzhou-Foshan subway when he noticed the items inside the traveller's luggage during a regular security screening.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Explore the Evolution of American Pop Culture Through a Century of Toy Ads
Explore TASCHEN's new book 'Toys. 100 Years of All-American Toy
Ads' by Jim Heimann and Steven Heller.
Mental Floss. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Mattel launches recycling program to give old toys new life
Barbie and Matchbox are going green.
CBS News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Mattel taking back old Barbie dolls, Matchbox cars in toy take back program
Mattel is launching a toy
takeback program allowing families to send in old toys
like Barbie and Matchbook cars so the company can make new ones.
Fox News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Internet-connected toys raise privacy and safety concerns
are popular holiday gifts, but consumer watchdogs warn of the risks to children's privacy. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Man robs McDonald's with a toy gun and asks for some chicken nuggets
Employees warned the offender that the restaurant was only serving the breakfast menu at the time, so the thief had to settle for a McMuffin.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Best Star Wars gifts 2021: Toys and gadgets for Padawans and Jedi Masters alike
Everyone knows a Star Wars fan. At this point, the Lucasfilm space opera is so ubiquitous that it might be an elderly relative or a young greenhorn, but
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- JAKKS Pacific (JAKK) Stock Up on Q1 Earnings & Revenue Beat
JAKKS Pacific's (JAKK) first-quarter results reflect robust sales growth in its toy
divisions, effective cost control and improved inventory management.
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Lets hope the ghost likes sporting goods! REI will take over the Bay Area's HAUNTED Toys R US
The defunct store at 130 East El Camino Real in Sunnyvale, California is expected to reopen this fall under the management of REI. Toys
R US went out of business in 2018.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Silverdale stink: 'My house and children's toys all smell of landfill'
Residents living near a landfill site say their physical and mental health is suffering.
BBC News. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Grenade-shaped sex toy sparks police alert in Germany
Police say a female jogger spotted the suspect device in a forest on Monday evening.
BBC News. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Best Etch A Sketch masterpieces
One of the most popular toys
of a generation, the Etch A Sketch has surpassed its 60th anniversary and we here at Pocket-lint thought it only right and
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- Toy Industry Set to be on a Roll in 2021: 3 Stocks to Watch
Lockdowns led children to engage more with toys
last year and the industry looks set to continue its good run, making it wise to look at names like Mattel (MAT), JAKKS Pacific (JAKK) and Hasbro (HAS)
Zacks. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- Mattel sales soared 47% as parents bought toys with stimulus checks, toymaker raises outlook
Mattel's sales jumped 47% in the latest quarter as families spent more on toys
for their children.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- How The Pandemic Has Changed The Toy Business And The Latest Trends In Toys
business has been put on a different path because of the pandemic.
Forbes. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
Toys News Headlines and News Summaries