This Tourism news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about tourism and tourist news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Holidaymakers rescued from beaches and hotels evacuated as Turkish wildfires continue for fifth day
Turkish officials used boats to rescue those stranded in the smoke-engulfed Mazi area of Mugla, as panic-stricken tourists were evacuated from hotels in Bodrum earlier this weekend.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 1 Aug 2021.
- American tourists return to France as protests over health pass continue
France has reopened its borders to Americans, as protestors continue to demonstrate against a government required health pass to enter public spaces. Elaine Cobbe reports.
CBS News. Sunday, 1 Aug 2021.
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak warns Boris Johnson about Britain's draconian border restrictions
Rishi Sunak has reportedly written to the Prime Minister about the damage that the current border rules are doing to the country's economy, particularly its tourism
and hospitality sector.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 1 Aug 2021.
- Tourists evacuated by boat from holiday resort as Turkey wildfires burn
Tourists staying at the Turkish holiday resort of Bodrum were evacuated and told to wait for rescue boats on Saturday evening as fresh wildfires erupted nearby, according to local media.
Sky News. Sunday, 1 Aug 2021.
- Turkey: Foreign tourists evacuated as wildfires threaten resorts
Coastguard vessels and private boats have brought holidaymakers to safety, as the death toll rises.
BBC News. Sunday, 1 Aug 2021.
- This California City Rejected Marijuana. Now Cannabis Is An Official Tourism Draw.
Cannabis earns Modesto, California more tax money than tourism
. So now Modesto is trying to use its cannabis dispensaries as a tourism
Forbes. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Panicked tourists evacuate as wildfires blaze through Turkey
The death toll from Turkey's wildfires has risen to six. Panicked tourists vacationing on the Aegean Sea fled as a new fire erupted, while coast guard units asked those with private boats and yachts to help with evacuations.
CBS News. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Suicide Of 14-Year-Old Boy, 3 Others Prompts Design Changes At NYC Tourist Attraction
'Everybody was just in panic mode'
Daily Caller. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Turkey Is Next as Wildfires Afflict Mediterranean Countries
The Turkish authorities said they were investigating the causes of fires that killed at least four people and threatened popular tourist
New York Times. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Widely Mocked London Tourist Attraction Closes Two Days After Opening
The Marble Arch Mound sought to invigorate a major shopping district in England's capital. Visitors called it a "bad Santa's grotto"
Smithsonian. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- WATCH: Tourists brave world's tallest footbridge bungee jump
LOOK OUT BELOW: Daring tourists in China take the plunge by braving the world's highest bungee jump from a footbridge; an 850-foot drop.
ABC News. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Missing Japan? Virtual tours come with shopping, drinks and souvenirs
attractions and enterprising tour guides are using technology to emulate the look, feel and taste of a trip to Japan.
CNBC. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Space Tourism and the Hunt for Martian Life
Two billionaires made it to space, but when can the rest of us go?
Voice of America. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- EU warns against visiting Greek tourist islands including Mykonos, Rhodes and Santorini as cases rise
The most popular Greek tourist
destinations have been marked "dark red" on the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control's COVID-19 map.
Sky News. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Hotels Are Requiring Proof Of Vaccination In These Popular Destinations
No vaccination, no hotel stay? Some tourism
magnets are requiring hotel guests to show their Covid health status.
Forbes. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries