This Thai news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about Thai and Thailand news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Thai monkey trainer rejects PETA claims on coconut harvesting
A monkey trainer in southern Thailand
said on Saturday that few monkeys are involved in harvesting coconuts for export, disputing an activist report which has caused several British supermarkets to ban coconut products from the country. ...
Yahoo. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Macaques snatched from their mothers, chained and forced to harvest up to 1,000 coconuts a day
JANE FRYER: Kulap is a pig-tailed macaque who should be living in a huge, matriarchal family, chattering in the trees of the lush rainforests of Southern Thailand
. He is intelligent and sociable.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Tammy Duckworth Confronts Nativist Smears From Tucker Carlson
Ms. Duckworth, an Illinois senator who is Thai-American and lost both legs fighting in Iraq, has been the target of two nights of attacks from the Fox News host; some were amplified by President Trump.
New York Times. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Thailand To Become First Southeast Asian Country To Legalize Same-Sex Unions
New bill would allow same-sex couples to jointly adopt children and merge finances.
Forbes. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Plant-Based Seafood Brand Good Catch Debuts First Frozen Line
Good Catch will introduce vegan New England-style crab cakes, Thai-style fish cakes and fish burgers at three East Coast supermarket chains today, with plans for a wider retail roll out later this year.
Forbes. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Thai financial system more vulnerable as coronavirus pandemic hits economy
Thailand's financial system has gotten more vulnerable due to a weaker-than-expected economic outlook amid the coronavirus outbreak, its latest policy meeting minutes showed on Wednesday.
CNBC. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Thailand denies monkeys abused to harvest coconut products
BANGKOK (AP) - Thailand's coconut-picking monkeys, long a popular tourist attraction, have become a sensitive trade issue as British activists claim the animals are abused and push for a boycott of the nation's coconut products. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Waitrose BANS sale of coconut products made from fruit harvested by 'slave' monkeys
Peta Asia found Thai
farms training monkeys to pick up to 1,600 coconuts a day. Macaques are made to carry loads more than their own bodyweight, the organisation's investigation showed.
Daily Mail. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Wanchalearm Satsaksit: The Thai satirist abducted in broad daylight
activist Wanchalearm Satsaksit has become the latest exiled government critic to be abducted.
BBC News. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Keller Williams expands footprint across Europe and Asia
The company announced new franchisees in Slovenia and Thailand
Inman. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Schools reopen across Thailand with temperature checks, masks
schools reopened on Wednesday for the first time since mid-March, with precautions in place to guard against the coronavirus, ranging from temperature checks to installing makeshift cubicles for social distancing in classrooms. ...
Yahoo. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Thais defy warnings to mark anniversary of 1932 revolution
BANGKOK (AP) - Anti-government activists in the Thai
capital on Wednesday commemorated a military coup that toppled the absolute monarchy almost nine decades ago, defying official warnings and police harassment. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Coronavirus: Looking for viruses in Thai bats
scientists are collecting bats to find clues about the origins of viruses, including Covid-19.
BBC News. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Hotelier discusses changes in Thailand's tourism sector post-virus
Deepak Ohri, CEO of lebua Hotels and Resorts, says the average stay in Bangkok is likely to increase from 1.8 days to around 2.3 days after the coronavirus pandemic. He also weighs in on how New Zealand and India managed the health crisis.
CNBC. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Video captures Thai divers' effort to free distressed whale shark
Divers in Thailand
have captured dramatic footage of their efforts to free a huge whale shark in distress from a piece of nylon rope caught on its tail.
Reuters. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
Thai Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries