This Thai news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about Thai and Thailand news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 89 foreigners arrested at Thai bar flouting COVID-19 rules
Police on the island of Koh Phangan, Thailand, arrested 89 tourists and 22 locals after raiding the Three Sixty Bar on Tuesday night following reports they were flouting coronavirus rules.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Six Britons among 89 foreigners arrested at Thai bar after COVID crackdown
Six Britons have been arrested after Thai
police raided a party at a bar - in an operation targeting suspected COVID rule-breakers.
Sky News. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Thai king 'makes his consort his second queen as her birthday gift' in historic move
King Maha Vajiralongkorn, 68, and Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi, 36, wore matching blue coats as they took part in a Buddhist ceremony to mark the occasion at Waskuri pier in Bangkok.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- This Start-Up Founder Sees A Data Privacy Reckoning On The Horizon
Patricia Thaine is a young start-up founder of Private AI, creating a suite of privacy tools. She discusses the state of privacy, how we got here, whether privacy as a default becomes the norm and how Private AI will enable this new normal.
Forbes. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Popular Thai politician charged with defaming monarchy
- Thai woman jailed for record 43 years for criticising monarchy
The sentence is the country's harshest ever for insulting the monarchy.
BBC News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Kazakh, Romanian Among Weightlifters Suspended Over Violations Of Anti-Doping Rules
The International Testing Agency (ITA) has suspended three weightlifters from Kazakhstan, Romania, and Thailand
for violating anti-doping rules.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Woman gets 43-year prison sentence for insulting Thai king
The former civil servant posted audio clips to Facebook and YouTube with comments deemed critical of the monarchy.
CBS News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Thai woman jailed for 43 years for defaming monarchy online
ex-civil servant has been jailed for a "record-breaking" 43 years and 6 months for sharing audio clips on social media said to defame the country's monarchy.
Sky News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- See it: Truck towing flaming trailer speeds through town
A driver in Thailand
was spotted speeding through a busy city towing a flaming trailer with his pickup truck. The man said he was trying to get to safety.
Fox News. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Thailand allows visitors to play golf in quarantine
At six resorts, visitors will be able to play golf, rather than just having to isolate in their rooms.
BBC News. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Megan Rapinoe Is Proud Her Teammates Now Stand With Her In Kneeling
In 2016, when Megan Rapinoe kneeled during the national anthem ahead of the United States women's matches against Thailand
and the Netherlands, she stood alone. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Asia Today: Thailand confirms 745 new coronavirus cases
BANGKOK (AP) - Thailand
has registered 745 new coronavirus cases, with a new death reported in Bangkok, where a semi-lockdown went into effect. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- The Latest: Bangkok shuts down venues as virus spreads
BANGKOK - The Thai
capital is shutting down venues including schools and entertainment parks as coronavirus cases continue to spread. Thailand
reported 279 new cases on Friday including two deaths. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 1 Jan 2021.
- A Thai dissident was kidnapped. When police had no answers, his sister began to investigate
The family of Wanchalearm Satsaksit, the latest Thai
democracy activist to disappear from exile, is waging a lonely search for justice.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020.
Thai Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries