This Textile news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about textiles from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 5 Apparel Stocks to Buy Today
CROX, DLA, KTB, GES and VFC look like good picks in the Textile-Apparel industry.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Turning streetwear into solar power plants
Researchers have developed a material that works like a luminescent solar concentrator and can even be applied to textiles. This opens up numerous possibilities for producing energy directly where it is needed, i.e. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Global Digital Talents Second Edition Brings Disruption To Fashion Industry
From sourcing materials to textile
experimentation to indigenous craftsmanship and upcycling design principles, this cohort of visionaries was full of practical ideas redefining fashion.
Forbes. Sunday, 18 Oct 2020.
- How a Historic Book of Textiles Inspired a Forward-Looking Garment Factory
Shivam Punjya founded an ethical factory in Gujarat, celebrating the craftsmanship of India.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Leicester textile firms 'involved in money laundering'
Some of the companies involved have supplied Boohoo and Select Fashion, a BBC investigation finds.
BBC News. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Textile workers 'denied tens of millions in unpaid wages'
The retail industry says there has been inaction over the "injustice" of low paid textile
BBC News. Sunday, 11 Oct 2020.
- Exploited workers in Leicester factories 'denied millions in unpaid wages'
Exploited workers in textile
factories in Leicester have been denied over £27m in lost earnings in the last three months, according to the British Retail Consortium.
Sky News. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- Ancient Spanish women used their teeth for textile work, study says
Researchers analysed fossilised teeth of 106 individuals buried in Granada, southern Spain, who were part of the ancient 'Argaric' culture 4,000 years ago.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 3 Oct 2020.
- Danish King got enshrined in his own clothes, appeared with his brothers' when examined
Scientific analysis solve puzzle about the age and destiny of precious silk textiles
from AD 1100.
Science Daily. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- The Citizenry Debuts Sustainable Fall Home Furnishings Collection Filled With Earth Tones And Cozy Textiles
Today, sustainable home furnishings and textiles
startup The Citizenry has launched its fall collection, called The Warmth of Home.
Forbes. Thursday, 17 Sep 2020.
- U.S. halts some imports from China's Uighur region
The U.S. is considering a broader ban on cotton, textiles
and tomatoes from Xinjiang after the action.
CBS News. Monday, 14 Sep 2020.
- Textile - Apparel Industry Outlook Murky on Coronavirus Woes
- Apparel Industry Outlook Murky on Coronavirus Woes
Zacks. Friday, 21 Aug 2020.
- Three textile firms in Leicester are issued with enforcement notices by Health and Safety Executive
Inspectors have carried out 51 factory visits in Leicester, including 34 'spot-checks' on textiles
businesses. Pictured: Faiza Fashion.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 23 Jul 2020.
- Up to 10,000 could be victims of modern slavery in Leicester's textile factories
As many as 10,000 people could be working in slave-like conditions in textile
factories in Leicester.
Sky News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- French farmers may halve flax fibre area as demand for linen shrinks
French farmers may reduce by half next year the area they devote to flax fibre, reversing a decade of growth for the crop used to make linen as the industry adjusts to a drop in textile
demand due to the novel coronavirus epidemic.
Reuters. Wednesday, 3 Jun 2020.
Textiles News Headlines and News Summaries