This Textile news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about textiles from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Got Some Old Socks? A Colorado Company Wants to Turn Them Into Cozy Dog Beds
Colorado-based Smartwool is trying to cut down on textile
waste by accepting busted socks and recycling them into dog beds.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- A father and daughter's artistic collaboration
For years the relationship between photographer William Eggleston and his daughter, fabric designer Andra Eggleston, was strained - until she came up with an idea: transform her father's abstract drawings into textiles. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 18 Apr 2021.
- Textile-Home Furnishing Industry Looks Great: 3 Stocks to Watch
Textile-Home Furnishing Industry Looks Great: 3 Stocks to Watch
Zacks. Thursday, 25 Mar 2021.
- Plastic bags recycled into fabric to fight pollution
Scientists turn polythene into textiles
in a development designed to make fashion more sustainable.
BBC News. Monday, 15 Mar 2021.
- Top designer Lulu Lytle who inspired Carrie Symonds' chic eco-makeover
Think oiled-oak shelving, rattan furniture, shimmering gold wallpaper and intricate textiles. A marble bathroom, perhaps, with wrought iron finishings.
Daily Mail. Monday, 1 Mar 2021.
- Mars landing: Devon textiles firm created parachute fabric
Heathcoat Fabrics is responsible for ensuring the rover had a "soft landing" on arrival.
BBC News. Friday, 19 Feb 2021.
- Textile sensor patch could detect pressure points for amputees
A soft, flexible sensor system created with electrically conductive yarns could help map problematic pressure points in the socket of an amputee's prosthetic limb, researchers report in a new study.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 2 Feb 2021.
- Air Force plans to add privacy curtains to B-52 Bombers for female crew members
Earlier this month, the Air Force put out a statement soliciting information from textile
companies about installing curtains around toilet facilities inside the aircraft.
Daily Mail. Friday, 29 Jan 2021.
- Rare Scraps of Mineralized Anglo-Saxon Textiles Found in England
Archaeologists unearthed the cloth, as well as 3,000 grave goods and assorted ancient structures, ahead of construction
Smithsonian. Friday, 29 Jan 2021.
- This Startup Aims To Recycle Textiles Better
Recycling clothes is a complex job. This startup raised $8 million from Patagonia and Marubeni to make a dent in the global textile
Forbes. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- 'Stunning' Victorian Bathhouse Unearthed Beneath Manchester Parking Lot
The facility offered laundry and bathing services for 19th-century textile
workers and their families
Smithsonian. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- 5 Textile - Apparel Stocks to Boost Your Portfolio Amid Industry Woes
- Apparel Stocks to Boost Your Portfolio Amid Industry Woes
Zacks. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- Design Works Prints From Tillett Textiles are Back
In the late 1960s, Tillett Textiles
teamed up with designers in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, for a historically significant collaboration. Now the prints are being reissued.
New York Times. Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020.
- Kintra And PANGAIA Announce Biodegradable Polyester To Eliminate Microplastic Pollution
already account for over 60% of global textile
fibers, and the microfibres they shed are toxic to wildlife and our environment and endure for tens of thousands of years.
Forbes. Monday, 14 Dec 2020.
- Textiles firm sees 1,550 jobs go as pandemic crushes demand from hospitality sector
firm Johnson Service has embarked on a shake-up which will see 1,550 jobs go as the pandemic crushes demand from the hospitality sector.
Sky News. Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020.
Textiles News Headlines and News Summaries