This Textile news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about textiles from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'Stunning' Victorian Bathhouse Unearthed Beneath Manchester Parking Lot
The facility offered laundry and bathing services for 19th-century textile
workers and their families
Smithsonian. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Climate change: Blankets put on China's Dagu glacier to stop melting
Researchers put geotextile blankets, a type of environmental-friendly fabric, over a 500-square-metre (5,381-square-foot) area of Dagu Glacier, a fast-melting glacier in south-western China.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- 5 Textile - Apparel Stocks to Boost Your Portfolio Amid Industry Woes
- Apparel Stocks to Boost Your Portfolio Amid Industry Woes
Zacks. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- Design Works Prints From Tillett Textiles are Back
In the late 1960s, Tillett Textiles
teamed up with designers in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, for a historically significant collaboration. Now the prints are being reissued.
New York Times. Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020.
- Workers 'sleeping on mattresses' inside Leicester factory
The investigation comes after concerns were raised about practices in Leicester's textile
BBC News. Friday, 18 Dec 2020.
- Kintra And PANGAIA Announce Biodegradable Polyester To Eliminate Microplastic Pollution
already account for over 60% of global textile
fibers, and the microfibres they shed are toxic to wildlife and our environment and endure for tens of thousands of years.
Forbes. Monday, 14 Dec 2020.
- Bus crash kills 37 in Brazil after collision with truck
Another 15 were injured after a truck collided with the bus which was carrying textile
factory workers on a highway in Sao Paulo state.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 25 Nov 2020.
- Patterning method could pave the way for new fiber-based devices, smart textiles
Multimaterial fibers that integrate metal, glass and semiconductors could be useful for applications such as biomedicine, smart textiles
and robotics. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 25 Nov 2020.
- 3 Textile-Home Furnishing Stocks to Escape Industry Challenges
3 Textile-Home Furnishing Stocks to Escape Industry Challenges
Zacks. Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020.
- Textiles firm sees 1,550 jobs go as pandemic crushes demand from hospitality sector
firm Johnson Service has embarked on a shake-up which will see 1,550 jobs go as the pandemic crushes demand from the hospitality sector.
Sky News. Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020.
- Sensor for smart textiles survives washing machine, cars and hammers
If the smart textiles
of the future are going to survive all that we throw at them, their components are going to need to be resilient. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Global Digital Talents Second Edition Brings Disruption To Fashion Industry
From sourcing materials to textile
experimentation to indigenous craftsmanship and upcycling design principles, this cohort of visionaries was full of practical ideas redefining fashion.
Forbes. Sunday, 18 Oct 2020.
- How a Historic Book of Textiles Inspired a Forward-Looking Garment Factory
Shivam Punjya founded an ethical factory in Gujarat, celebrating the craftsmanship of India.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Leicester textile firms 'involved in money laundering'
Some of the companies involved have supplied Boohoo and Select Fashion, a BBC investigation finds.
BBC News. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Exploited workers in Leicester factories 'denied millions in unpaid wages'
Exploited workers in textile
factories in Leicester have been denied over £27m in lost earnings in the last three months, according to the British Retail Consortium.
Sky News. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
Textiles News Headlines and News Summaries