This Textile news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about textiles from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Sri Lanka June exports boosted by garment growth
Sri Lanka's earnings from industrial exports rose in June, lifted by greater demand for garment and textile
Just Style. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- US textile executives push for passage of USMCA
executives have today (21 August) pushed for passage of the US-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) during a roundtable meeting with Congressman Tom Rice.
Just Style. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Report finds sexual violence at Levi's, Wrangler factories
The Worker Rights Consortium details sexual harassment and abuse at textile
factories in Africa making popular brand-name clothing
CBS News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Remains of 'earliest-ever' Iberian textiles factory that was burned to the ground 2,500 years ago
The site, located in south-western Spain, was a former textiles
factory that was destroyed in ritual sacrifice, which involved the slaughter of various animals - including 52 horses.
Daily Mail. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- The Textile Brand Allowing Consumers To Make Informed Fabric Choices For Their Homes
Stitched, a UK-based textile
start-up, uses 3D Augmented reality to help customers visualise fabrics in their home prior to purchase. Alongside a sustainable and circular mindset, the brand are offering a new vision for the industry.
Forbes. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
- Textile - Apparel Industry Outlook: Prospects Seem Promising
- Apparel Industry Outlook: Prospects Seem Promising
Zacks. Monday, 5 Aug 2019.
- Tricots-Liesse names Hallett VP of sales
supplier Tricots-Liesse has named Mason Hallett vice president of sales for North America. The post Tricots-Liesse names Hallett VP of sales appeared first on Furniture Today.
Furniture Today. Tuesday, 23 Jul 2019.
- Bentley rolls out electric, eco-friendly EXP 100 concept car for 100th anniversary
The Bentley EXP 100 introduces "leather-like" textiles, sustainable woods and paint made from recycled rice husks.
CNBC. Wednesday, 10 Jul 2019.
- How espionage and ambition built the first factory
Completed in 1721, the Lombe brothers' five-storey textile
mill was quickly copied around the world.
BBC News. Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019.
- How To Suit Up For The Hill: Menswear Ski Apparel Brand Colmar Shows You How
Beginning roughly in 1923 , COLMAR devoted to the study of alternative textiles
and has grown exponentially ever since.
Forbes. Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019.
- Near-Term Outlook for Textile-Home Furnishing Looks Grim
Near-Term Outlook for Textile-Home Furnishing Looks Grim
Zacks. Monday, 24 Jun 2019.
- Milliken acquires Polartec
manufacturer Milliken & Co. has signed an agreement to acquire Polartec from Versa Capital Management. Terms of the deal, expected to be completed this month, were not disclosed. ...
Furniture Today. Tuesday, 11 Jun 2019.
- VP visits North Carolina for convention, trade, fundraiser
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Vice President Mike Pence is traveling to North Carolina to celebrate the approach of next year's Republican National Convention, to visit a textile
plant and to attend a political fundraiser. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Researchers create washable sensor that can be woven into materials
Researchers have developed a low-cost sensor that can be interlaced into textiles
and composite materials. While the research is still new, the sensor may pave the way for smart clothing that can monitor human movement.
Science Daily. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Norman Rockwell's Four Freedoms
Norman Rockwell's Four Freedoms on display at The George Washington University Museum and The Textile
Voice of America. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
Textiles News Headlines and News Summaries