This Textile news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about textiles from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How A Seafood Waste Stream Is Being Transformed Into A Multi-Use Biopolymer
Crab shells that were once a waste stream are now the source for a very interesting biopolymer with applications for water treatment, agriculture and textiles.
Forbes. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- 4 Textile - Apparel Stocks to Watch Despite Industry Headwinds
The Zacks Textile
- Apparel industry participants are battling high inflationary pressure and supply-chain disruptions. ...
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- It's Time for the Fashion Industry to Launch a Farm-to-Closet Movement
For fiber and textile
producers, the path to growing sustainable cotton, hemp and flax is complicated
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 24 Aug 2022.
- The Cambridge Satchel Company sold to French textiles giant Chargeurs
The revelation has been made in company documents that show Chargeurs has taken a stake of at least 75 per cent in Cambridge Satchel.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 7 Aug 2022.
- Commonwealth Games: Nigeria kit made last-minute after team left in lurch
The manager of the Kidderminster textile
factory says he thought Tuesday's call was a "wind-up".
BBC News. Friday, 29 Jul 2022.
- Textile firm Johnstons of Elgin bounces back from pandemic
The manufacturer of woollen and cashmere garments has mills in Moray and Hawick and 1,000 employees.
BBC News. Wednesday, 13 Jul 2022.
- A Glimpse Inside a Florentine Silk-Weaving Workshop
The Antico Setificio Fiorentino, which relies on looms from the 18th and 19th centuries, has been producing precious textiles
New York Times. Monday, 11 Jul 2022.
- Future Fabrics Expo celebrates 10th Edition With Biggest Showcase Of Sustainable Textiles Yet
Back for the first time since the start of the pandemic, UK sustainable materials trade show Future Fabrics Expo marked its 10th edition this week in its largest venue to date.
Forbes. Sunday, 3 Jul 2022.
- Ghanaian Entrepreneur Recycles Textile Wastes into Shoes
Working to achieve sustainability in textile
production is one of the projects of the U.N. Environment Programme for this year as it celebrates its 50th anniversary. ....
Voice of America. Tuesday, 17 May 2022.
- Overlooked No More: Junichi Arai, Innovative Textile Designer
His experimentations with different materials and technology earned him widespread recognition as well as patents and awards.
New York Times. Friday, 13 May 2022.
- Dryers release almost as many microfibres as washing machines, study says
Fabric conditioners or better lint filter design could reduce release the release of microfibres - microscopic particles that come loose from textiles
and clothing, report experts in Newcastle.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 6 Apr 2022.
- American History as Seen Through Quilts
For historians, the textiles
are much more than just decorative covers for a bed
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 29 Sep 2021.
- How workers are still being exploited in Leicester's textile industry
Workers are still being exploited in Leicester's textile
industry, according to new evidence seen by Sky News.
Sky News. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Inside the unprepared city that 'has to change' after devastating floods leave lives in ruin
Verviers is nicknamed the water capital of its region because the city used the River Meuse to build its wealth in the textile
Sky News. Saturday, 17 Jul 2021.
Textiles News Headlines and News Summaries