This Textile news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about textiles from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Gum Tree Fabrics, Abercrombie Textiles collaborate on new fabric line
Gum Tree Fabrics and Abercrombie Textiles have collaborated on a new domestic collection called Stateside. The post Gum Tree Fabrics, Abercrombie Textiles collaborate on new fabric line appeared first on Furniture Today.
Furniture Today. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Researchers create washable sensor that can be woven into materials
Researchers have developed a low-cost sensor that can be interlaced into textiles and composite materials. While the research is still new, the sensor may pave the way for smart clothing that can monitor human movement.
Science Daily. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Norman Rockwell's Four Freedoms
Norman Rockwell's Four Freedoms on display at The George Washington University Museum and The Textile Museum.
Voice of America. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Law change to end fake cooperatives in South Africa textile sector
A change to the law governing cooperatives in South Africa is expected to benefit the textile and clothing sector, where unions say loopholes have enabled employers to avoid paying decent wages and benefits.
Just Style. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Art Hide, Amigos de Hoy to make ICFF New York debut
Australian textile brands Art Hide and Amigos de Hoy will exhibit at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair in New York this month following four years of growth in the United States. ...
Furniture Today. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Filmmaker Spielberg asking questions in VA textile town
DANVILLE, Va. (AP) - A movie director with multiple Academy Awards has been asking about life in a southern Virginia textile town. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 4 May 2019.
- Fabric Meets Furniture with House of Harris x Chaddock
Explore the Chaddock showrooms at High Point Market and discover the textiles that House of Harris used to transform the space.
Forbes. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- UK Apprenticeship for Garment Makers being planned
The UK Fashion and Textile Association (UKFT) has announced it is working on developing a national apprenticeship for garment makers.
Just Style. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- Child sexual abuse: 'I sometimes wonder how I managed to survive'
Three abuse victims - a poet, playwright and textile artist - explain how creativity helped them recover.
BBC News. Saturday, 20 Apr 2019.
- New study shows people used natural dyes to color their clothing thousands of years ago
Even thousands of years ago people wore clothing with colorful patterns made from plant and animal-based dyes. Chemists have created new analytical methods to examine textiles from China and Peru that are several thousand years old. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019.
- In Guatemala, textiles tell the story of current and ancient Maya culture
Discover the current and ancient culture of the Maya as told through their textiles on a 10-day tour organized by Bella Guatemala Travel. ...
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019.
- Textile - Apparel Industry Outlook: Prospects Radiant
Textile - Apparel Industry Outlook: Prospects Radiant
Zacks. Friday, 29 Mar 2019.
- Sustainability & Smart Tech Dominate the NE Materials Show
As brands push for sustainability, the textile industry is meeting this demand with a surge of innovation.
Yahoo. Friday, 8 Mar 2019.
- Indonesia and Australia sign economic partnership on trade and investment
Indonesia and Australia on Monday signed an economic partnership agreement aimed at boosting trade and investment between the two neighbours in areas ranging from cattle to education and cars to textiles.
CNBC. Monday, 4 Mar 2019.
- John Robshaw: An Artist Who Discovered A More Lucrative Path
John Robshaw happily left the art world behind to build a global furniture, textile, and bedding business with revenues of over ten million dollars annually. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 21 Feb 2019.
Related Directory Page(s)
Textiles News Headlines and News Summaries