This Textile news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about textiles from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- US considers adding generic fibre names to Textile Rules
The US's Federal Trade Commission is proposing adding seven generic fibre names to the Rules and Regulations under the Textile
Fiber Products Identification Act (Textile Rules) in a bid to reduce compliance costs and increase flexibility.
Just Style. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- Bagir launches legal action against Shandong Ruyi
Tailoring specialist Bagir is to take legal action against Chinese textile
and clothing giant Shandong Ruyi Group for breach of contract over a planned investment in the business.
Just Style. Monday, 24 Feb 2020.
- Precision Textiles introducing alternative to FR socks for roll-pack mattresses
is introducing a new nonwoven textile
designed as cleaner alternative to FR socks currently used in roll-pack mattresses. ...
Furniture Today. Tuesday, 18 Feb 2020.
- Former Adidas executive's company turns 'waste' NBA jerseys into upcycled merch that can sell out 'overnight'
Looptworks' mission is to "close the loop," by taking excess textiles
and transforming them into other useful goods that include bags, accessories and clothing through a process called upcycling.
CNBC. Wednesday, 12 Feb 2020.
- Human textiles to repair blood vessels
As the leading cause of mortality worldwide, cardiovascular diseases claim over 17 million lives each year, according to World Health Organization estimates. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 10 Feb 2020.
- US Army creates a fabric that neutralises nerve gases like Sarin and renders them useless
The composite material being developed by the US army combines textile
fibres with a nanomaterial that degrades some of the deadliest chemical agents - including VX and Soman - in minutes.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 Feb 2020.
- UK Surface Designer Reimagines Textile Waste In New Collaboration
Emily Skinner, founder of UK-based surface design brand Evan James Design, has turned her attention to textiles
in a unique collaboration with design talent, Alicia Rowbotham. ...
Forbes. Monday, 27 Jan 2020.
- Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles event set for Aug. 24-25
The Autumn 2020 edition of Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles
will take place from Aug. 24-26 at the National Exhibition and Convention Center in Shanghai, show organizers announced this week. ...
Furniture Today. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Functionality, Form & Freedom Brought To You By Charlie Hedin Of Tekla
Beautiful home textiles
brand you need to shop right now.
Forbes. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- China, Russia propose lifting some UN sanctions on North Korea, US says now is not the time
China and Russia on Monday proposed the U.N. Security Council lift a ban on North Korea exporting statues, seafood and textiles, according to a draft resolution seen by Reuters.
CNBC. Tuesday, 17 Dec 2019.
- Textile - Apparel Industry Outlook: Spinning a Bright Yarn?
- Apparel Industry Outlook: Spinning a Bright Yarn?
Zacks. Wednesday, 11 Dec 2019.
- Nigerian man with a bucket of water battles valiantly against huge fire
Footage taken today shows the man (pictured) hurling buckets of water at the fire and smoke which poured out of buildings at the Balogun textile
market in Lagos, Nigeria.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 5 Nov 2019.
- Shape-changing textiles powered only by body heat
A new study details the development of a temperature-responsive textile
that can be used to create self-fitting garments powered only by body heat.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 30 Oct 2019.
- The environmental impact of putting that shirt on your back
What goes into manufacturing the various textiles
we wear and how do the environmental impacts of each compare?
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Tuesday, 3 Apr 2018.
- Riegel Extending Table Linen Life with colorGUARD Technology
degradation is an ongoing problem in the hospitality industry. Whites don't stay white . ...
Hsyndicate. Tuesday, 27 Mar 2018.
Textiles News Headlines and News Summaries