This Tennis news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about tennis news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Sania Mirza: India tennis star to retire after 2022 season
Sania Mirza, a former Wimbledon doubles champion, is one of India's most celebrated sports stars.
BBC News. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Emma Raducanu: British No 1 romps to victory in three sets to win Australian Open first round match
MARTIN SAMUEL - CHIEF SPORTS WRITER AT MELBOURNE PARK Emma Raducanu is good at most things. Maths, economics, tennis
. You'd want to play her at poker, though.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Australian Open: Tennis Australia 'deeply regrets' impact of Novak Djokovic saga
The Novak Djokovic visa saga was "a significant distraction for everyone", say Australian Open organisers.
BBC News. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Deported Djokovic in Serbia as Australian Open begins
star Novak Djokovic returned to his home country of Serbia after he was deported from Australia and not allowed to compete in the Australian Open because he was unvaccinated against COVID. Charlie D'Agata has the latest.
CBS News. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- FACT CHECK: Does This Video Show Tennis Players Federer And Nadal Mocking Djokovic?
The video is unrelated to the recent incident involving Djokovic
Daily Caller. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- Tennis veteran John McEnroe labels Novak Djokovic's visa saga an 'absolute joke' during bizarre rant
legend John McEnroe described Novak Djokovic's visa saga as an 'absolute joke' while questioning if the Serbian star attended an interview despite knowing he was Covid-positive.
Daily Mail. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- Djokovic Lands In Belgrade After Deportation From Australia
No. 1 Novak Djokovic has arrived in his native Serbia after being deported from Australia because he was not vaccinated against COVID-19, putting an end to his hopes of defending his Australian Open title.
Radio Liberty. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- Elliott: Australian Open doesn't need Novak Djokovic to put on an intriguing show
The Australian Open was great before Novak Djokovic, and the Grand Slam doesn't need the unvaccinated star to prove its place in the tennis
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- Djokovic deported by Australia for being unvaccinated
Australia deported Serbian tennis
star Novak Djokovic Sunday for not being vaccinated against COVID-19, preventing him from competing in the Australian Open.
Fox News. Sunday, 16 Jan 2022.
- Novak Djokovic, a Master on the Court, Keeps Making Errors Off It
Djokovic, the Serbian tennis
star, is at the center of some of the most divisive debates of the pandemic: Individual versus community, science versus quackery.
New York Times. Sunday, 16 Jan 2022.
- Djokovic v Australia: How it all went wrong for the tennis superstar
Novak Djokovic has lost his bid to stay in Australia after judges upheld the cancellation of his visa.
Sky News. Sunday, 16 Jan 2022.
- Djokovic Deported From Australia After Court Upholds His Visa Cancellation
world No. 1 Novak Djokovic has left Melbourne after Australia's Federal Court upheld a decision to deport the athlete over his coronavirus vaccination status.
Radio Liberty. Sunday, 16 Jan 2022.
- Djokovic's appeal hearing ends; verdict due soon
A court hearing for tennis
star Novak Djokovic's appeal against deportation in Australia ended Sunday and a verdict was expected within hours.
ESPN. Saturday, 15 Jan 2022.
- Novak Djokovic faces deportation as start of Australian Open approaches
Lawyers for Novak Djokovic presented their case to a panel of three judges on Sunday, hoping the tennis
star will be allowed to stay in Australia and compete in the first major tournament of the year. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 15 Jan 2022.
- Tennis legend Chris Evert reveals ovarian cancer diagnosis
legend Chris Evert revealed Friday she was diagnosed with stage 1C ovarian cancer.
Fox News. Saturday, 15 Jan 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries