This Television Station news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about television station and tv station news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Four Georgian TV Stations Suspend Broadcasting, Demand PM's Resignation
Four private television stations in Georgia have suspended broadcasting for 24 hours and are demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Irakli Gharibashvili over recent attacks against LGBT activists and journalists.
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021.
- Fire in food factory in Bangladesh kills at least 49 people
At least 49 people have died in a fire that broke out at a food and beverage factory outside Bangladesh's capital, fire officials and local TV stations said Friday.
Fox News. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Reporter Known For Investigating Gangsters, Drug Lords Shot While Leaving TV Station In Amsterdam
'Worst nightmare come true'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- Angry Tories say struggling Channel 4 should be privatised after years of 'one-sided' news coverage
The Government is to launch a consultation into the privatisation of Channel 4 after tensions between No 10 and executives at the television station
over its finances and alleged woke agenda.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 23 Jun 2021.
- MICK HUME: As corporations submit to woke minority over TV station this is the death of free speech
MICK HUME: An alarming number of people evidently want to censor the news the rest of us are permitted to watch on TV and read in the Press.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 17 Jun 2021.
- TV Stations Are Launching Multicast Networks As An Opportunity To Reach Cord Cutters
With digital compression, TV stations have been launching more and more multicast networks. Station owners see a niche as consumers "cut the cord" and subscribe to streaming video services.
Forbes. Thursday, 10 Jun 2021.
- Several Are Killed in a Shooting Outside Columbus, Ohio
A television station
reported that three bodies were found in an apartment in West Jefferson, and that additional bodies were found outside.
New York Times. Tuesday, 25 May 2021.
- SpaceX Starlink satellite launch baffles residents, bugs astronomers
Callers swamped TV stations from Texas to Wisconsin reporting the lights and musing about UFOs.
ABC News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- How local TV stations plan to remain relevant as viewers shift to streaming
While the biggest media companies reorganized around streaming in the past 12 months, broadcast station groups are also planning their futures.
CNBC. Saturday, 24 Apr 2021.
- Baltimore cops shoot man who threatened to bomb TV station
A man wearing a panda costume and surgical mask sparked a bomb scare at a Baltimore TV station. Police shot the man Thursday after he allegedly threatened to blow up the building. ...
CBS News. Friday, 16 Apr 2021.
- 4/28: Baltimore police shoot man who threatened TV station; refugees help small town thrive
A TV station in Baltimore was evacuated after a man in an animal costume threatened to blow up the building; about 6,000 immigrants who escaped poverty and violence in East Africa have resettled in Lewiston, Maine
CBS News. Friday, 16 Apr 2021.
- ViacomCBS To Merge CBS News, TV Station Divisions
Can a new management team breathe new life into CBS News?
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Apr 2021.
- ViacomCBS (VIAC) Unit Set to Buy WarnerMedia's Chilevision
ViacomCBS (VIAC) is expanding its Latin American footprint by buying over the Santiago-based Chilevision TV station owned by WarnerMedia.
Zacks. Tuesday, 6 Apr 2021.
- Supreme Court Lets F.C.C. Relax Limits on Media Ownership
The justices said the commission had adequately considered whether easing rules on cross-ownership of radio and TV stations and newspapers would hurt female and minority ownership of media outlets.
New York Times. Thursday, 1 Apr 2021.
Television Stations News Headlines and News Summaries