This Television Station news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about television station and tv station news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- SpaceX Starlink satellite launch baffles residents, bugs astronomers
Callers swamped TV stations from Texas to Wisconsin reporting the lights and musing about UFOs.
ABC News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- SMALL CAP MOVERS: Blackbird makes US inroads; Genedrive soars
Cloud-based video editing Blackbird added one-third to its stock market value this week as more US TV stations adopted its platform. Genedrive said its Covid test has been approved in India.
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- How local TV stations plan to remain relevant as viewers shift to streaming
While the biggest media companies reorganized around streaming in the past 12 months, broadcast station groups are also planning their futures.
CNBC. Saturday, 24 Apr 2021.
- Baltimore cops shoot man who threatened to bomb TV station
A man wearing a panda costume and surgical mask sparked a bomb scare at a Baltimore TV station. Police shot the man Thursday after he allegedly threatened to blow up the building. ...
CBS News. Friday, 16 Apr 2021.
- 4/28: Baltimore police shoot man who threatened TV station; refugees help small town thrive
A TV station in Baltimore was evacuated after a man in an animal costume threatened to blow up the building; about 6,000 immigrants who escaped poverty and violence in East Africa have resettled in Lewiston, Maine
CBS News. Friday, 16 Apr 2021.
- ViacomCBS To Merge CBS News, TV Station Divisions
Can a new management team breathe new life into CBS News?
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Apr 2021.
- Two CBS TV executives are fired amid work place investigation
Staff were told on Wednesday that Peter Dunn, president of the CBS Television Stations, and David Friend, senior vice president for news at the stations, were no longer employed by CBS.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 8 Apr 2021.
- ViacomCBS (VIAC) Unit Set to Buy WarnerMedia's Chilevision
ViacomCBS (VIAC) is expanding its Latin American footprint by buying over the Santiago-based Chilevision TV station owned by WarnerMedia.
Zacks. Tuesday, 6 Apr 2021.
- Supreme Court Lets F.C.C. Relax Limits on Media Ownership
The justices said the commission had adequately considered whether easing rules on cross-ownership of radio and TV stations and newspapers would hurt female and minority ownership of media outlets.
New York Times. Thursday, 1 Apr 2021.
- Afghanistan: The women killed for working at a TV station.
A television station
in Afghanistan has sent all of its female employees home after four were killed by extremists.
BBC News. Tuesday, 23 Mar 2021.
- ABC Promotes Out News Exec To Top Job At Flagship New York Station
Disney/ABC's first and only openly gay G.M. now leads the most watched TV station in the nation and hopes to be an example to other members of the LGBTQ community.
Forbes. Monday, 22 Mar 2021.
- North Carolina Officer Slams Dog Into Car, Prompting Investigation
A video obtained by a TV station appears to show an officer in Salisbury, N.C., hoisting a police dog off the ground by its leash and shoving it into the side of an S.U.V.
New York Times. Thursday, 4 Mar 2021.
- Afghan war: Female TV workers 'shot dead by IS' in Jalalabad
Islamic State militants say they killed three young women working for a TV station in the east.
BBC News. Wednesday, 3 Mar 2021.
- Belarusian Journalists Handed 'Absurd' Prison Sentences For Live Coverage Of Anti-Government Rally
Two journalists for Belsat, the Polish satellite television station
aimed at Belarus, have been sentenced to two years in prison each for reporting live from a rally in Minsk in November.
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 18 Feb 2021.
- Prosecutor Seeks Two Years In Prison For Belarusian Journalists Over Protests
The prosecutor in the trial of two journalists for Belsat, the Polish-funded satellite television station, has asked the court to sentence both to two years in prison.
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 17 Feb 2021.
Television Stations News Headlines and News Summaries