This Telecommunication news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about telecommunication and telecom news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Telecom Carriers Deploy Divergent Local TV Service Strategies
While Verizon (VZ) is drawing curtains to its local news channel Fios1 News, AT&T (T) is launching a new television service with AT&T TV.
Zacks. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Global shares mostly rise after Wall Street rally on Huawei
TOKYO (AP) - Global shares were mostly higher Tuesday after Wall Street rallied on the U.S. decision to give Chinese telecom
giant Huawei another 90 days to buy equipment from American suppliers. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Huawei calls US move to blacklist more affiliates 'unjust' and 'politically motivated'
The U.S. extended Huawei's license by 90 days, but added more affiliates of the telecommunications giant onto the Entity List.
CNBC. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Ohio man charged over alleged threat to Jewish community centre
Police say a man accused of making what they believe was a threat to a Jewish centre in Ohio on Instagram has been arrested on telecommunications harassment and aggravated menacing charges.
CBC News. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- What's in the Offing for Keysight (KEYS) in Q3 Earnings?
Keysight (KEYS) rides on robust adoption driven by high demand for 5G design and test solutions primarily from telecom
vendors, and a strong pipeline for new business bookings.
Zacks. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- Ohio white nationalist arrested for threatening Jewish community center
James Reardon, Jr., 20, was charged with telecommunications harassment and aggravated menacing charges
CBS News. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- US set to give Huawei another 90 days to buy from American suppliers
An extension will renew an agreement set to lapse on Aug. 19, continuing Huawei's ability to maintain its telecommunications networks.
CNBC. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- Huawei ban: Full timeline on how and why its phones are under fire - CNET
Here's a breakdown of the controversial Chinese telecom
and phone maker's saga so far.
CNET. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- A Look At China Unicom's Subscriber Performance Over The First Half Of 2019
China Unicom (NYSE:CHU) has underperformed its rivals China Mobile and China Telecom
in terms of net subscriber additions over the first half of 2019. In this analysis, we take a look at how the major Chinese carriers fared in recent ...
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Kashmir dispute: UN 'deeply concerned' over restrictions
It says India's telecommunications ban and other moves will "will exacerbate the human rights situation".
BBC News. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Government Contractors Get First Look at Huawei Ban
The U.S. agency responsible for government contracts on Wednesday released an interim rule for a ban on federal purchases of telecommunications equipment from five Chinese companies, including Huawei.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- US Formalizes Ban on Government Contracts to China's Huawei, Others
The interim rule will preclude any US federal agency from purchasing telecom
or technology equipment from the firms starting August 13
Voice of America. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Designing a light-trapping, color-converting crystal
A recipe for creating a microscopic crystal structure that can hold 2 wavelengths of light at once is a step toward faster telecommunications and quantum computers.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- How Has China Telecom's Wireless Business Fared Versus Rivals?
(NYSE:CHA) has been outperforming its larger rivals China Mobile and China Unicom in recent quarters, driven by its higher 4G coverage and its launch of new plans targeted at heavy data users. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- EU clears Vodafone's $22 billion deal to expand in Europe
BRUSSELS (AP) - The European Union has cleared telecom
operator Vodafone's acquisition of Liberty Global's operations in Germany, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania but has imposed some conditions. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 18 Jul 2019.
Telecom Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries