This Telecommunication news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about telecommunication and telecom news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Shenandoah Telecommunications (SHEN) Earnings Expected to Grow: Should You Buy?
(SHEN) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Telecom Stock Roundup: Verizon, Ericsson Surpass Q3 Earnings Estimates & More
While Verizon (VZ) beats third-quarter 2020 earnings estimates on diligent execution of operational plans, Ericsson (ERIC) third-quarter earnings top expectations on 5G momentum.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- One ETF that could benefit from Apple's new 5G iPhone
As Apple and the telecommunications industry begin to roll out fifth-generation connectivity, market analysts discuss ways to play the burgeoning theme.
CNBC. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Ericsson earnings boosted by 5G network rollouts
STOCKHOLM (AP) - Swedish telecom
equipment maker Ericsson has reported upbeat third quarter earnings, helped mainly by the rollout of 5G wireless networks in China and a strong U.S. market. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- NASA is launching a 4G mobile network on the moon
NASA has selected Nokia to build the first-ever 4G mobile network on the moon, the Finnish telecom
firm announced Monday.
CNBC. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- NASA Gave Nokia $14.1 Million to Build a 4G Network on the Moon
equipment supplier Nokia is building a 4G network on the moon to help astronauts control lunar rovers, navigate lunar geography in real time, and stream videos.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Pakistan Blocks TikTok Over 'Immoral' Content
regulator says it has blocked the Chinese-owned video app TikTok for failing to filter "immoral and indecent" content.
Radio Liberty. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- GCHQ discovered 'nationally significant' vulnerability in Huawei equipment
Cyber security analysts tasked with investigating Huawei equipment used in the UK's telecommunications networks discovered a "nationally significant" vulnerability last year.
Sky News. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- China launches counter-mechanism to US sanctions list
China said Saturday it had launched a mechanism enabling it to restrict foreign entities, a much-anticipated move seen as retaliation to US penalties against Chinese companies such as telecom
Yahoo. Saturday, 19 Sep 2020.
- Mississippi Investigates AT&T $300 Million Plan To Expand Rural Broadband
The state has subpoenaed telecommunications giant AT&T, seeking records of the work it promised to do to expand broadband access in the state as part of a nearly $300 million project, according to the Associated Press.
Forbes. Saturday, 12 Sep 2020.
- Smashing The "Cristal Techo" (Glass Ceiling) For Millions Of Latinos
Throughout his career leading multiple telecom
giants, Sol Trujillo has never shied away from a good fight. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 10 Sep 2020.
- ALEX BRUMMER: Division over BT's future
chief exec Philip Jansen (pictured), after a dazzling career in private equity and at fintech firm Worldpay, is acutely aware that shareholder patience is stretched.
Daily Mail. Monday, 7 Sep 2020.
- Nokia takes a hit as Samsung secures Verizon 5G deal
firm Nokia has suffered a setback after a source close to the matter confirmed it had lost out to Samsung Electronics on a part of the contract to supply new 5G equipment to Verizon in the United States. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 7 Sep 2020.
- WarnerMedia slashes 600 jobs in movie studio purge
The layoffs this week will primarily affect Warner Bros movie studio, as well as HBO and Turner, all part of the media company that was acquired by telecommunications giant AT&T two years ago.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 11 Aug 2020.
- TalkTalk rejected Toscafund takeover bid last year
The FTSE-250 phone and broadband supplier TalkTalk Telecom
Group rejected a takeover bid last year that would have valued it at close to double its current share price.
Sky News. Monday, 27 Jul 2020.
Telecom Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries