This Telecommunication news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about telecommunication and telecom news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- EMCOR (EME) Rides on Construction Activities Amid Supply Woes
Solid demand from telecommunications, water, manufacturing, healthcare and transportation markets will drive growth for EMCOR (EME).
Zacks. Wednesday, 5 Oct 2022.
- MARKET REPORT: Telecom Plus rockets as families seek to cut bills
The FTSE 250 company offers discounts by bundling together a range of services such as gas, electricity, mobile, broadband and insurance into one bill.
Daily Mail. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Comtech Telecommunications (CMTL) Reports Q4 Loss, Tops Revenue Estimates
Comtech (CMTL) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 71.43% and 3.55%, respectively, for the quarter ended July 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- DeSantis: Florida's Hurricane Ian recovery will be '24/7 operation'
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis says relief and recovery is already going on "24/7" following Hurricane Ian. The state is working to reestablish telecommunications..
Fox News. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- UN Telecom Agency Elects First Woman To Top Post In Vote Between U.S., Russian Candidates
American Doreen Bogdan-Martin has been overwhelmingly elected as the first woman to lead the UN's telecom
agency in a vote that pitted her against a Russian candidate.
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- UN elects first female tech agency secretary-general
Doreen Bogdan-Martin is the first International Telecommunication
Union secretary-general in its history.
BBC News. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- U.S. and Russia Duel Over Leadership of U.N. Tech Group
Member countries vote on Thursday for an American or a Russian to lead the International Telecommunication
Union, which sets standards for new technologies.
New York Times. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- Banks Are About To Face The Same Tsunami That Hit Telecom Twenty Years Ago
I fear global bank regulators are about to make a decision that will unintentionally "obsolete" the banks, by prohibiting a coming tech pivot.
Forbes. Friday, 23 Sep 2022.
- Chinese state media claims U.S. NSA infiltrated country's telecommunications networks
The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) gained access to China's telecommunications network after hacking a university, state media alleged.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- Telecom company ordered to pay $1.1B to family of slain woman
Judge rules that company is financially liable after a former cable technician fatally stabbed an 83-year-old woman.
CBS News. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- Google spins out secret hi-speed telecom project called Aalyria, and keeps stake in startup
Aalyria says its laser connectivity infrastructure is "on a greater scale and speed than anything that exists today"
CNBC. Monday, 12 Sep 2022.
- Kazakh Anti-Corruption Agency Ends Investigation Into Nazarbaev's Detained Nephew
Kazakh anti-corruption officials have closed their investigation into the detained nephew of former President Nursultan Nazarbaev, accusing him of embezzling millions from state telecom
and transport companies.
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 24 Aug 2022.
- Is Cisco Systems a Buy After Mixed Earnings Results?
Networking giant Cisco (CSCO) reported mixed fourth-quarter earnings results but provided impressive guidance for fiscal 2023, supported by strong demand for cloud computing infrastructure and telecom
networks combined with ...
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 24 Aug 2022.
- 1 Cheap Telecom Stock to Consider Buying Now
Millicom International (TIGO) reported impressive service revenue and EBITDA growth in its last quarter and expects its OCF and cumulative EFCF to rise significantly for 2022. This defensive stock's ...
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 18 Aug 2022.
- Myanmar jails Aung San Suu Kyi, 77, for another six years for 'corruption' taking total to 17 years
The sentence, on top of an 11 year term the junta foisted on her for corruption, incitement against the military, breaching Covid-19 rules and breaking a telecommunications law.
Daily Mail. Monday, 15 Aug 2022.
Telecom Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries