This Telecommunication news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about telecommunication and telecom news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Telecom Stock Roundup: AT&T, Qualcomm Surpass Earnings Estimates & More
While AT&T (T) beats second-quarter 2021 earnings estimates on solid subscriber growth, Qualcomm (QCOM) beats on third-quarter fiscal 2021 earnings driven by the ramp-up in 5G-enabled chips.
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Telecom Stocks Earnings to Watch on Jul 29: SWKS, POLY, VCRA
Skyworks Solutions (SWKS), Plantronics (POLY) and Vocera Communications (VCRA) are three leading Telecom
stocks that are slated to report quarterly results tomorrow.
Zacks. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Ethereum-Based NFT Platform Is Said To Get $532 Million In Funding Led By Softbank, Largest Round In Crypto History
French NFT trading platform and fantasy soccer league Sorare is close to completing a $532 million funding round led by Japanese telecommunications company SoftBank.
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- FCC finalizes program to rip and replace Huawei, ZTE telecom equipment in the U.S.
The U.S. government has considered the Chinese firms national security risks.
CNBC. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- Telecom carriers cracking down on robocalls
Americans receive over 130 million robocalls a day, but starting in July, major phone companies must adopt a new technology that could stop many of these calls. Dina Demetrius has more from Los Angeles.
CBS News. Wednesday, 30 Jun 2021.
- AudioCodes vs. Vonage: Which Cloud Telecom Stock is a Better Buy?
The increasing demand for virtual communications has helped cloud-based telecom
companies generate solid growth over the past year. With enterprises ...
Entrepreneur. Monday, 28 Jun 2021.
- How The Cloud Telecommunications Revolution Changes Business
Look what's happening in the industry that changes other industries.
Forbes. Monday, 21 Jun 2021.
- U.S. Bill Seeks Funding For 5G Networks In Eastern Europe To Counter Chinese Influence
Legislation has been reintroduced in the U.S. Congress to increase funding for 5G telecommunications and digital infrastructure development in Eastern European countries.
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 20 May 2021.
- Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment studios set to split as part of the AT&T-Discovery deal
Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment will be broken up as part of owner AT&T's sale of WarnerMedia to Discovery.The telecommunications giant outlined
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 18 May 2021.
- AT&T and Discovery merge media businesses in $43B deal
spinning off CNN, HBO and other other media assets as broadcaster moves to strengthen new streaming service.
CBS News. Monday, 17 May 2021.
- Do you want to work at Google? The tech giant is looking for talent in Mexico for its new hub in CDMX
Google is recruiting engineers in cybernetics, systems, application development, data management, telematics and telecommunications for the new Google Cloud technical support center that will open in Mexico City.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Hume: Masked-up Biden on international Zoom summit could send message he 'doesn't think vaccine works'
Fox News senior political analyst Brit Hume questioned Monday why President Biden was the only one of 40 world leaders taking part in a summit via video telecommunication
Fox News. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- TIM Brasil moves entirely to the cloud with Oracle, Microsoft
Brazil's largest telecom
provider will leverage the Oracle-Microsoft Azure Interconnect in Brazil, the seventh interconnect announced since Oracle and Microsoft launched their interoperability partnership.
ZDNet. Wednesday, 24 Mar 2021.
- Michael Kovrig: China begins espionage trial behind closed doors
They were arrested for espionage days after Canada detained an executive of telecom
BBC News. Monday, 22 Mar 2021.
- BT boss Philip Jansen hit by threat of strike chaos
We can reveal that the Communication Workers Union - representing 45,000 BT staff - will kick off the formal legal process to ballot members for the telecom
giant's first national strike since 1987.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 14 Mar 2021.
Telecom Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries