This Telecommunication news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about telecommunication and telecom news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Telecom Stock Roundup: AT&T Boosts Private Network, Verizon Focuses on Ads & More
While AT&T (T) powers the private cellular network of Phillips 66, Verizon (VZ) initiates more customer engagements in the Shark Experience platform.
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Nokia shares fall on concerns over potential loss of Verizon business
Nokia, battling with China's Huawei and Sweden's Ericsson, is trying to strengthen its 5G slate and looking especially to deployment by U.S. telecom
companies for growth. ...
Yahoo. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Nokia Ramps Up Open RAN for Flexible Network Architecture
Nokia's (NOK) investment in Open RAN gives assurance to communication service providers in adopting openness to secure the telecom
Zacks. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Dutch government begins auction of 5G frequencies
AMSTERDAM (AP) - The Dutch government started an auction Monday of new 5G wireless frequencies, with telecom
companies bidding so they can provide customers with the faster mobile communication networks. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Verizon joins ad boycott of Facebook over hate-oriented content
giant is latest to come on board "#StopHateforProfit" campaign targeting Facebook for content widely seen as racist and inciting violence.
CBS News. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- Huawei loses out in Singapore 5G bid
Nokia and Ericsson have been chosen as Singapore's main 5G network providers, telecom
operators said, leaving Huawei with only a minor role as the Chinese tech giant faces growing US pressure. ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Telus pressed to remove Huawei gear from 4G network in Canada's capital: Globe and Mail
operator Telus Corp is being pressed by authorities to remove Huawei gear from its 4G infrastructure in the national capital region, the Globe and Mail reported on Tuesday, citing sources.
Reuters. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- FCC chair calls T-Mobile U.S. network outage 'unacceptable', vows probe
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will probe an extensive T-Mobile network outage that impacted customers across the United States, the head of the U.S. telecommunications regulatory agency said on Monday.
Reuters. Monday, 15 Jun 2020.
- Huawei CFO loses major battle in extradition fight as U.S.-China tensions escalate
Huawei, the world's largest telecommunication
supplier, has been a flashpoint for the Trump administration's trade battles with China.
CNBC. Wednesday, 27 May 2020.
- Former HTC executive launches new 5G VR company that will develop a Sims-like social network
Former HTC CEO Peter Chou has launched a new virtual reality company based around a Sims-like social network to make VR feel less 'gimmicky' and 'lonely,' available through 5G telecom
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 27 May 2020.
- 90 attacks on UK phone masts after COVID-19 conspiracy theories
Around 90 attacks targeting the UK's telecommunications infrastructure have been reported during the coronavirus lockdown.
Sky News. Monday, 25 May 2020.
- Investors are piling billions into this Indian telecom operator for a slice of the country's booming digital economy
Private equity firm KKR has taken a $1.5 billion stake in Mukesh Ambani's Jio Platforms business a month after Facebook announced it was pumping $5.7 billion into the company.
CNBC. Friday, 22 May 2020.
- Another Gutsy Philippine Media Outlet Fights to Keep Its Operating License
The National Telecommunications Commission ordered ABS-CBN to quit broadcasting.
Voice of America. Monday, 18 May 2020.
- Feds warn of attacks against telecom workers and cellular antenna towers by 5G conspiracy theorists
US warning comes after wave of incidents in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand, where vandals damaged cellular antennas and made threats to telecom
Daily Mail. Sunday, 17 May 2020.
- Feds warn of attacks related to bogus COVID-19 conspiracy theory
DHS report warns violence could follow bogus conspiracy theories about the novel coronavirus and telecommunications.
ABC News. Saturday, 16 May 2020.
Telecom Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries