This Telecommunication news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about telecommunication and telecom news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Telecom Stock Roundup: Qualcomm Buys Veoneer, Viasat Boosts IFC in Brazil & More
While Qualcomm (QCOM) will acquire Veoneer to gain a firmer footing in the self-driving vehicle market, Viasat (VSAT) is offering enhanced in-flight connectivity solutions for the business aviation market in Brazil.
Zacks. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- Comtech Telecommunications (CMTL) Q4 Earnings Top Estimates
Comtech (CMTL) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 16.67% and -1.32%, respectively, for the quarter ended July 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Monday, 4 Oct 2021.
- American Siblings Barred From Leaving China for 3 Years Return to U.S.
Their release coincided with an agreement on Friday that cleared the way for a senior executive of Huawei Technologies, the Chinese telecommunications giant, to return to China.
New York Times. Tuesday, 28 Sep 2021.
- Telecom Talk: 4 Stocks For Smartphones And 5G
Adding some sizzle is the continued growth in smartphone and data usage and the shift to 5G networks. Here 4 leading experts and contributors to MoneyShow.com offer an overview of the best bets in the telecom
Forbes. Monday, 27 Sep 2021.
- Man charged for allegedly planting pipe bombs outside telecommunications stores
A man was arrested for allegedly placing pipe bombs in front of telecommunications stores after he became "dissatisfied with "immoral content."
ABC News. Tuesday, 21 Sep 2021.
- U.S. committee is reviewing Zoom's $14.7 billion deal for Five9 on national-security grounds
The committee formerly known as Team Telecom
pointed to "foreign participation" in a letter it sent to the head of the Federal Communications Commission.
CNBC. Tuesday, 21 Sep 2021.
- Huawei says it's hiring more scientists in the face of U.S. sanctions
Chinese telecommunications giant Huawei said it is expanding its team of scientists even as the company has lost revenue in the wake of U.S. sanctions.
CNBC. Wednesday, 15 Sep 2021.
- 11 Republicans threaten phone companies with lawsuits if they hand Dems their records from Jan. 6
Eleven House Republicans sent a letter threatening to 'pursue all legal remedies' if telecom
companies comply with Democrats' subpoena for their phone records prior to Jan. 6.
Daily Mail. Friday, 3 Sep 2021.
- Seeking digital data, the Jan. 6 committee has riled Republicans. Here's what it's looking for.
Legislators looking into the Jan. 6 insurrection have asked tech platforms and telecom
companies to hold onto records of certain members of Congress. What kind of data are they looking for?
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 2 Sep 2021.
- Two S&P 500 Sectors Trade Below Economic Book Value After 2Q21 Earnings
Services sector has the lowest trailing PEBV ratio among all 11 S&P 500 sectors.
Forbes. Thursday, 2 Sep 2021.
- McCarthy warns companies not to turn over private data of Jan. 6 rioters: GOP majority 'won't forget'
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy issued a statement Tuesday warning American telecommunication
companies not to turn over records related to an investigation by House Democrats into the January 6 Capitol Hill riot.
Fox News. Wednesday, 1 Sep 2021.
- Democrats on January 6 committee demand phone records from Stop the Steal rally
The committee investigating the Capitol riot are planning to request that telecommunications companies preserve the phone records of Trump family members and Trump-aligned lawmakers.
Daily Mail. Monday, 30 Aug 2021.
- How the Pandemic Rapidly Transformed the Slow-Moving Telco Industry
Like so many industries, those focused on telecommunications had to adapt -- and quickly -- to changing circumstances and consumer expectations.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021.
- Hackers stole personal data from millions of T-Mobile customers
Cyberattack exposed info belonging to 40 million former or prospective customers, according to telecom
CBS News. Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021.
- Telecom carriers cracking down on robocalls
Americans receive over 130 million robocalls a day, but starting in July, major phone companies must adopt a new technology that could stop many of these calls. Dina Demetrius has more from Los Angeles.
CBS News. Wednesday, 30 Jun 2021.
Telecom Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries