This Telecommunication news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about telecommunication and telecom news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Telephone and Data Systems (TDS) Q1 Earnings Beat Estimates
Telephone and Data Systems' (TDS) first-quarter 2021 results benefit from growth in the U.S. Cellular and TDS Telecom
Zacks. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Telecom Stock Roundup: T-Mobile, Arista Surpass Q1 Earnings Estimates & More
While T-Mobile (TMUS) recorded solid first-quarter 2021 results with industry-leading total net additions, Arista's (ANET) quarterly performance was driven by a healthy momentum in the enterprise vertical and solid customer additions.
Zacks. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Historic storm leaves Cuba's northern coast submerged
Hurricane Irma killed at least 27 people as it roared across the Caribbean Sea. Its last stop was in Cuba, where whole communities are without power and telecommunications are out in certain parts of the island. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- FCC "strike force" losing war against robocalls?
More than 29 billion robocalls bombarded Americans last year. The telecom
industry claims it's working to block them, but that its efforts are complicated both by legal hurdles and the difficulty of tracing where the calls come from. ...
CBS News. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Hume: Masked-up Biden on international Zoom summit could send message he 'doesn't think vaccine works'
Fox News senior political analyst Brit Hume questioned Monday why President Biden was the only one of 40 world leaders taking part in a summit via video telecommunication
Fox News. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- Maryland To Delay Controversial Digital Advertising Tax As The Lawsuits Keep Coming
Telecommunications giants Comcast and Verizon are the latest to sue Maryland over its first-in-the-nation digital advertising tax as the state moved to delay implementation of the controversial legislation this week.
Forbes. Saturday, 17 Apr 2021.
- B-Movie Mogul: How A Failed Telecom Titan Turned A Feel-Good Book Publisher Into A Streaming Media Star
As giants like Netflix, Amazon and Disney battle for streaming dominance and Oscars, a little known company is on a tear, gobbling up lesser known streamers, film distribution and production companies.
Forbes. Friday, 9 Apr 2021.
- Michael Kovrig: China begins espionage trial behind closed doors
They were arrested for espionage days after Canada detained an executive of telecom
BBC News. Monday, 22 Mar 2021.
- US ratchets up pressure on Chinese telecom firms
Three firms face a possible ban from US for being "aligned to Communist China" regulators claim.
BBC News. Thursday, 18 Mar 2021.
- BT boss Philip Jansen hit by threat of strike chaos
We can reveal that the Communication Workers Union - representing 45,000 BT staff - will kick off the formal legal process to ballot members for the telecom
giant's first national strike since 1987.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 14 Mar 2021.
- Huawei sues HSBC for documents US 'wilfully withheld' in extradition request
The Chinese telecommunications giant Huawei is suing HSBC in Hong Kong after a case it brought in English courts was dismissed.
Sky News. Friday, 12 Mar 2021.
- US Senate Confirms Raimondo to Head Commerce Department
The department includes the National Telecommunications and Information Administration, U.S. Census, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Weather Service and the Foreign Commercial Service.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 2 Mar 2021.
- Dow rises to another record led by Verizon and Chevron, but tech weakness weighs on S&P 500
Dow-member Verizon was among the biggest gainers after Berkshire Hathaway revealed a sizable stake in the telecom
CNBC. Wednesday, 17 Feb 2021.
- Profit at Japan's SoftBank zooms on lucrative investments
TOKYO (AP) - Japanese telecommunications and technology conglomerate Softbank Group Corp. reported Monday a whopping 1.17 trillion yen ($11 billion) profit for the October-December quarter as its investments rose in value. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 8 Feb 2021.
- Myanmar Erupts in Protests After Military Coup
Dozens of arrests, beatings by mysterious thugs and telecommunication
cutoffs are the new reality across the country. But civil disobedience defiantly persists.
New York Times. Saturday, 6 Feb 2021.
Telecom Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries