This Telecommunication news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about telecommunication and telecom news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How 5G Clashed With an Aviation Device Invented in the 1920s
The potential for interference between 5G signals and the radio altimeters long used by pilots has divided the telecom
and aviation industries.
New York Times. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- What customers should know about the AT&T-Verizon 5G rollout
carriers are expanding their high-speed networks to bring faster service to more parts of U.S.
CBS News. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- US airlines warn 5G could ground planes and cause 'chaos'
The chief executives of several major American passenger and cargo airlines have warned of an impending "catastrophic" crisis that could come in less than two days when telecommunications companies deploy a new 5G service.
Sky News. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Ciena (CIEN) Optical Solutions Leveraged by India-Based Vi
Ciena's (CIEN) coherent optical solutions are being used by India-based telecom
operator???Vodafone Idea Limited.
Zacks. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- Call Up These Telecom And Networking Stock For 2022
Investment experts participating in our MoneyShow Top Picks 2022 report offer a look at a diversified range of telecom
and networking stocks for those looking to dial up gains in 2022.
Forbes. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- Telecom Stock Roundup: QCOM Chips to Power Cars, NOK Extends Tele2 Deal & More
While Qualcomm (QCOM) has inked agreements with leading car manufacturers to supply automotive chips for their upcoming models, Nokia (NOK) has extended its 5G deal with Tele2.
Zacks. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- Biden says postponed 5G rollout by telecom giants is 'step in the right direction'
President Biden on Tuesday hailed the decisions by AT&T and Verizon to postpone their planned rollouts of 5G information networks near airports over fears of widespread disruption to air travel and shipping. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022.
- AT&T, Verizon reject U.S. request to delay 5G wireless plans
Verizon and AT&T have rejected a request by the U.S. government to delay the rollout of next-generation wireless technology. A joint letter Sunday from the telecommunications giants to U.S. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 2 Jan 2022.
- Aviation, telecom groups agree to share data to help resolve 5G safety concerns
Verizon and AT&T are scheduled to start using the spectrum for 5G on Jan. 5.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 Dec 2021.
- Silicon Valley Bank agrees to acquire boutique media and telecom research firm MoffettNathanson
MoffettNathanson, a technology, media and telecommunications research firm founded by Craig Moffett and Michael Nathanson, has sold to SVB Financial Group.
CNBC. Monday, 13 Dec 2021.
- Jan. 6 Committee subpoena for private phone records requests swath of data, from call logs to IP addresses
The Jan. 6 Committee is sending subpoenas to telecom
companies for private individuals' phone records.
Fox News. Saturday, 4 Dec 2021.
- These Are The Ten Most Profitable Companies In Oklahoma
Oklahoma has a diverse economy, with aviation, food processing, electronics, telecommunications and transportation equipment being the main contributors. It is among the biggest producers of natural gas, aircraft, and ...
Entrepreneur. Monday, 8 Nov 2021.
- 5 Ways For Telecom Companies To Improve Order Management
Communications service providers need to look at these five things if they want to make a successful implementation leap.
Forbes. Friday, 5 Nov 2021.
- US Senate votes to restrict Chinese equipment from telecommunications networks
The US Senate has voted unanimously in favour of new restrictions on equipment from Chinese technology companies being installed in American telecommunications networks.
Sky News. Friday, 29 Oct 2021.
- Biden bans China Telecom phone carrier SPYING while US offices PAX Chinese firm raided by the FBI
US regulators revoked the authorization for China Telecom's American subsidiary to conduct business in the United States. The FCC ordered China Telecom
America to discontinue service.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 28 Oct 2021.
Telecom Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries