This Taxi news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about taxi and taxis news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The taxi driver preaching peace on the streets of Addis Ababa
driver Seifu Amanuel spreads his message of peace by standing in the middle of roads in Addis Ababa.
BBC News. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- Protests in Kenya after hero motorcycle taxi rider shot dead
The 24-year-old had rushed a seriously ill toddler for treatment after being saved from drowning.
BBC News. Wednesday, 19 Feb 2020.
- Top tips for tipping: Here's our global guide from the US to Japan and Thailand
For most of us, tipping around the world is an awkward exercise, whether it be for taxi
drivers or the staff in our hotel. Here, Rob Crossan explains how it works in popular holiday hotspots.
Daily Mail. Friday, 14 Feb 2020.
- Is coronavirus in an UBER? Patient tests positive after taking taxi to casualty
The UK's ninth case of coronavirus arrived at Lewisham Hospital in south London on Sunday night, in a major breach of public health advice.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 13 Feb 2020.
- Uber dials it back 20 years, bringing its ride service to feature phones - CNET
Kind of like taxis, the company can now connect you to a live operator who'll book your ride.
CNET. Thursday, 13 Feb 2020.
- SoftBank-backed taxi app Ola launches in London, looking to unseat Uber as No. 1 player
Ola rolls out its taxi-booking service in London on Monday, as Uber faces the threat of being banned.
CNBC. Monday, 10 Feb 2020.
- Boeing's botched Starliner test flirted with 'catastrophic' failure, NASA finds
Boeing narrowly missed a "catastrophic failure" during its December flight test of an unmanned space taxi
that was cut short by an unrelated problem, a NASA safety review panel has found.
CBC News. Friday, 7 Feb 2020.
- A $500 million bailout plan for NYC taxi drivers
City's yellow peril: Thousands of cabbies owe huge sums on loans for taxi
medallions that have plunged in value.
CBS News. Friday, 31 Jan 2020.
- Coronavirus fears sees taxi driver don hazmat suit, goggles to pick up passenger
The driver allegedly wore a hazmat suit and goggles to pick up his passenger.
Fox News. Thursday, 30 Jan 2020.
- Helicopter air-taxi services in spotlight after Kobe Bryant
Companies like Uber and Blade have been trying to promote lower cost helicopter travel and commuting.
CBS News. Wednesday, 29 Jan 2020.
- St. John's making headway in post-storm recovery, but state of emergency remains for Thursday
are on the roads and planes were taking off Wednesday morning, but life has yet to return to normal after last week's blizzard.
CBC News. Wednesday, 22 Jan 2020.
- Toyota Invests $349 Million in Flying Taxi Startup
The startup, Joby Aviation, is developing a piloted, five seat eVTOL
Entrepreneur. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Electric taxis could be charged wirelessly in future, UK trial underway
The UK government is funding a trial to charge electric taxis
wirelessly at ranks, rather than needing to be plugged in at charging stations.Electric taxis
Pocket Lint. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Toyota to Invest $394M in Flying Taxi Start-Up Joby Aviation
Toyota (TM), the lead investor in Joby Aviation's $590-million Series C financing, will work to design and build a fleet of eVTOL for use in a ride-hailing service.
Zacks. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- The EU is backing taxi app Bolt to help it compete with Uber
Bolt, the European challenger to ride-hailing giant Uber, has secured 50 million euros in debt financing from the lending arm of the EU.
CNBC. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
Taxi Services News Headlines and News Summaries