This Taxi news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about taxi and taxis news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Covid rules make taxi travel difficult for disabled people
drivers do not want passengers in their front seats, but that is where some disabled people have to sit.
BBC News. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Tesla to Deploy Limited Full Self-Driving Beta Next Week
With Tesla (TSLA) set to roll out limited self-driving vehicles next week for testing, its highly-anticipated full self-driving suite of robotaxi seems just around the corner.
Zacks. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Covid: 'I don't want them to take my cab'
drivers with new electric cabs are struggling to meet loan payments and say they need more help.
BBC News. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
- Self-Driving Perks Up With Alphabet's Move: What are Others Doing?
Alphabet (GOOGL) re-launches robo-taxi ride-hailing service, which intensifies competition in the autonomous vehicle space.
Zacks. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Senior police officer pleads with ex-partner of murdered mother to reveal location of her body
Ben Lacomba, 40, from Sevenoaks, Kent, was jailed for life after compelling evidence proved he used his taxi
to transport and dispose of 46-year-old Sarah Wellgreen's body in 2018.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- 'Scammer' cycles straight at a stationary taxi
The cyclist rides towards the taxi
on a residential street in The Liberties area of Dublin before slamming himself against the bonnet in an effort to claim compensation.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
- Donaldson (calf) not on Twins' wild-card roster
Third baseman Josh Donaldson was not on the Twins' roster for the AL Wild Card Series with a calf injury, but he still could make an appearance from the taxi
ESPN. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- Uber London ban appeal successful, gets new licence to operate
Uber will be given a new licence to operate in London after a judge upheld its appeal against a Transport for London ban.TfL had refused the taxi
Pocket Lint. Monday, 28 Sep 2020.
- Face masks, fines, pub curfews and working from home: New coronavirus crackdown revealed
Face masks will become compulsory for bar staff, shop workers, waiters and taxi
passengers in an effort to combat the rise in coronavirus cases in England, the prime minister has announced.
Sky News. Tuesday, 22 Sep 2020.
- Oregon 18-Year-Old Tries To Rob Taxi Driver, Gets Shot With His Own Gun, Police Say
'Exited out of his buttocks'
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 16 Sep 2020.
- Oregon armed robbery suspect, 18, tries to steal from taxi driver, shot with own gun, police say
An Oregon man was arrested Tuesday after he allegedly tried to rob a cab driver at gunpoint before getting shot by his own firearm, investigators said.
Fox News. Wednesday, 16 Sep 2020.
- Flying, Golfing and Living. All in the Same Place.
These homeowners can taxi
their planes to their backyard hangars and then drive their golf carts to the greens.
New York Times. Friday, 11 Sep 2020.
- To Compete With Uber And Lyft, Taxis Make The Switch To Upfront Pricing
The convenience of Uber, with the regulation of a taxi
Forbes. Thursday, 10 Sep 2020.
- China's driverless car upstarts see robotaxis scaling up in 3 years as tech firms race to get ahead
A number of so-called "robotaxi" projects have popped up in the world's second-largest economy over the past two years, with the companies involved eyeing creating viable autonomous ride hailing businesses.
CNBC. Monday, 7 Sep 2020.
- Texas father arrested in daughters' 2008 killings: FBI
A Dallas-area taxi
driver wanted for the 2008 slayings of his two teenage daughters was arrested on Wednesday, the FBI said.
Yahoo. Thursday, 27 Aug 2020.
Taxi Services News Headlines and News Summaries