This Taxi news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about taxi and taxis news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- E-scooter hire firms use apps to determine if a rider has been drinking
Tier, which is one of London's three official e-scooter hire firms, will use its app to ask riders if they have been drinking and will direct them to order a taxi
if they have been.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- Heathrow arrivals queue for 'three hours' after 'e-gates break down AGAIN'
The delays have meant some Heathrow passengers arriving from 'amber list' countries missed their pre-booked taxi
or coaches on the airport's busiest weekend of the year.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Ruth Madeley: Actress says taxi driver took her wheelchair away
- TV star says taxi driver took her wheelchair away
The Bafta-nominated Ruth Madeley says the driver also refused to take her to an accessible entrance.
BBC News. Friday, 16 Jul 2021.
- Pittsburgh drivers have a dangerous habit. It could be the key to making self-driving cars work anywhere.
Learning to predict local traffic quirks is a challenge for companies looking to develop safe self-driving cars. To speed the process, Argo AI is testing its robotaxis in a half-dozen cities at once.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- This 'Tank Taxi' service blows Uber away
A man in Norwich, U.K. is launching a taxi
service with a British armored personnel carrier.
Fox News. Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021.
- Scale.AI Launches Mapping Project; More On Pony.AI & Waymo
Scale has launched a new mapping tool/service offering for not just self-driving cars, but also for delivery companies. Also, Pony AI demonstrates taxi
with no human safety driver in China, and Waymo shows Pride.
Forbes. Tuesday, 22 Jun 2021.
- Fear shakes Mexico border city after violence leaves 18 dead
Fear has invaded the Mexican border city of Reynosa after gunmen in vehicles killed 14 people, including taxis
drivers, workers and a nursing student, and security forces responded with operations that left four suspects dead.
Fox News. Tuesday, 22 Jun 2021.
- Waymo driver hit a scooter in San Francisco, no injuries reported
Waymo has been one of Alphabet's ambitious long-term "Other Bets." In general, driverless vehicles and robotaxi services have been slow to manifest in the U.S.
CNBC. Thursday, 17 Jun 2021.
- Chinese startup Pony.ai to offer driverless robotaxi service by 2022 in California
The US-China-based company is conducting passenger transport tests on its driverless vehicles. Pony.ai robotaxis would begin operating commercially sometime next year.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 17 Jun 2021.
- Facing A COVID-19 Surge, Moscow Makes Vaccines Mandatory For Some Workers
Moscow authorities announced this week that COVID-19 vaccinations will be compulsory for public-facing workers, including teachers, taxi
drivers, and salespeople. ...
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 17 Jun 2021.
- Baidu pushes to put driverless taxis on China's roads, pledging to build 1,000 in 3 years
Baidu has been testing driverless taxis
but has now partnered with state-owned automaker BAIC Group to try and commercialize a robotaxi service in China.
CNBC. Thursday, 17 Jun 2021.
- Cruise Gets $5 Billion Pre-Approved Financing From GM To Buy Robotaxis
Cruise has received a $5 billion line of credit from GM Financial to help fund its acquisition of a fleet of Origin robotaxis as it prepares to launch commercial mobility services.
Forbes. Tuesday, 15 Jun 2021.
- Company developing flying taxis gets pre-orders from American Airlines, Virgin Atlantic
The startup revealed on Thursday that it has pre-orders for up to 1,000 of its zero-emissions VA-X4 vertical takeoff aircraft.
ABC News. Saturday, 12 Jun 2021.
- Virgin Atlantic explores 'flying taxi' partnership
The airline considers whether it could launch air taxi
flights from cities to major airports.
BBC News. Friday, 11 Jun 2021.
Taxi Services News Headlines and News Summaries