This Tax news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about tax and taxes news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- A tax loophole is helping bitcoin holders save tons of cash by avoiding federal taxes
With crypto tokens, wash sale rules don't apply, meaning that you can sell your bitcoin and buy it right back, whereas with a stock, you would have to wait 30 days.
CNBC. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- EVE SIMMONS: Why a Frosties sugar tax will not tackle childhood obesity
Throughout my childhood, my mornings began with a bowl of cereal. My older brother Sam would opt for Frosties. But I was a Coco Pops girl, writes Mail on Sunday assistant health editor EVE SIMMONS.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- Child Tax Credit Payments Have Begun. Should You Opt Out?
While the payments in advance of tax
season are a welcome relief for many families, there may be reasons for others to decline the money, for now.
New York Times. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- Child tax credit 2021: IRS warns of scammers impersonating agency to help sign up, speed up payments
Cybercriminals are looking for new ways to take advantage of unsuspecting taxpayers who are waiting on the child tax
credit. Consumer Investigator Jason Knowles has the warning from the IRS Criminal Investigation Division.
ABC News. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- How and when you withdraw money from your IRA or 401K in retirement
How and when you withdraw money from your IRA or 401K in retirement could have a huge impact on how much you pay in taxes
or how much you keep in your pocket.
ABC News. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Mario Batali Sex Harassment Settlement, Tax On Victims, Tax Break To Batali
Batali is paying workers, but will they have to pay tax
on what they receive? Many sexual harassment victims where there is little or no physical contact have to pay taxes
on their recoveries.
Forbes. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Tory poll lead over Labour collapses to just four percent amid fury over national insurance tax hike
It is the Conservative's smallest lead since mid-February, when the UK was in the midst of its third lockdown, and gave Boris Johnson's government only 38 per cent support, down from 44 per cent.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Walt Disney Co. to get $580-million tax break for moving California jobs to Florida
Disney will get a $580-million tax
break from Florida while moving 2,000 employees from its Burbank and Glendale offices to Orlando.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- For Republicans, Deep Wounds Fuel Resistance to Bolstering the I.R.S.
A desire to crack down on tax
cheats is overshadowed by years of G.O.P. resentment toward the agency.
New York Times. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Emerging Europe, Newest EU Members Still Weak On Fighting Money Laundering
Money laundering is the kissing cousin to tax
evasion. It's cost is bigger than the corporate tax
evasion the G7 nations worry about.
Forbes. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- What to do if your Child Tax Credit payment is wrong or missing
Some parents say their checks weren't for the correct amount, while others are still waiting. Here are a few answers.
CBS News. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Indian tax authorities raid media outlets Bharat Samachar and Dainik Bhaskar
The government denies that the raids were in retaliation for unfavourable reporting.
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Thursday Evening Dispatch: Is There A New COVID-19 Wave?
Read the stories here: COVID-19 Cases Spiked By Over 50% In A Week Crime Is So Bad In Atlanta The State Might Ask Locals To Fund The Police For A Tax
Deduction Biden To Announce New Sanctions On Cuba Following Widespread Protests
Daily Caller. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Some states now offer certain business owners a workaround for cap on state and local tax deduction
Some states now offer pass-through business owners a workaround for the $10,000 cap on the state and local tax
deduction. Here's what taxpayers need to know.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Crime Is So Bad In Atlanta The State Might Ask Locals To Fund The Police For A Tax Deduction
'Big problems call for big solutions'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
Tax Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries