This Tax news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about tax and taxes news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Sajid Javid will 'simplify' the tax system in first Budget
The chancellor says he is a "low tax
guy" and he wants to see "simpler" taxes
when he delivers his Budget.
BBC News. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- Chancellor Sajid Javid hints he could slash taxes within months
Britain's Chancellor Sajid Javid suggested he could cut taxes
in the upcoming Budget - including for higher earners, claiming that maximising revenue does not necessarily come from increasing taxes
Daily Mail. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- IRS budgets cuts costing the feds billions of dollars
A sharp decline in funding for the tax
agency has impaired its ability to audit big corporations and millionaires
CBS News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Texas, Other Low-Tax States, See Jobs Increase At More Than Double The Rate Of High-Tax States
The 27 states, led by Texas, with average SALT deductions under $10,000 saw private sector payrolls grow by 3.7% from December 2017 to July 2019, 110.5% faster than the 1.8% growth in 23 states with a high tax
Forbes. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Trump's tax cut isn't giving the US economy the boost it needs
Benefits from what President Trump called "the biggest reform of all time" to the tax
code have dwindled to a faint breeze just 20 months after its enactment, writes John Harwood.
CNBC. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Wikileaf Asks: How Much Of Alcohol And Cannabis Taxes Fund Social Programs?
In five important states, cannabis taxes
provide slightly more support to social programs than taxes
from beverage alcohol.
Forbes. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Apple to fight $14 billion tax battle in European court next month - CNET
The iPhone maker and Ireland have argued against the tax
bill since the EU sent it in 2016.
CNET. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Allstate (ALL) Estimates Weather Related Losses in July
Allstate (ALL) expects to incur $223 million pre-tax catastrophe loss for July, which can be attributed to 10 weather-related events.
Zacks. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Sussex County residents to start seeing property tax bills
Sussex County residents will soon have a clear sign that summer is nearing an end.
NPR. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' star Todd Chrisley's estranged daughter Lindsie disowns family
'Chrisley Knows Best' star Todd Chrisley's estranged daughter Lindsie disowns family as they face jail for tax
Daily Mail. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Hong Kong cuts taxes to shore up economy amid protests
HONG KONG (AP) - Hong Kong's government has announced tax
cuts, higher social welfare payments and other steps to reverse an economic slowdown that has been aggravated by anti-government protests. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Savannah Chrisley speaks out after parents are indicted on tax evasion charges
The 22-year-old is leaning on God to help her through it.
Fox News. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- USA Network stars indicted on tax evasion charges
Todd Chrisley posted on Instagram on Monday a denial of any wrongdoing and alleged a former employee was "stealing from us big time"
CBS News. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Home Depot Founder Opposes Higher Taxes on Rich
Business help Americans by providing jobs, growth, goods, and services, according to Bernie Marcus, co-founder of The Home Depot, and John Catsimatidis, owner of Red Apple Group.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- A move by the super rich: Here's why Jeffrey Epstein likely paid little in the way of taxes
Because Jeffrey Epstein owned a home and business in the Virgin Islands, he likely got a substantial break on his tax
CNBC. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
Tax Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries