This Tax news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about tax and taxes news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- New Tax-Advantaged Income ETF to Play If Blue Sweep Hits Market
The Rareview Tax
Advantaged Income ETF looks to offer total return with an emphasis on providing current income, a substantial portion of which will be exempt from federal income taxes
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Tax Measures: Should Immunities Be Afforded To Executives Acting As Legislators?
Notes State contributing editor Roxanne Bland examines instances when the separation of powers between the executive and legislative branches are blurred, and what, if any, immunities should be afforded to legislators.
Forbes. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- FACT CHECK: Viral Image Claims To Show Tax Increases From The Affordable Care Act
They purportedly took effect on July 1, 2014
Daily Caller. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Why experts on both political sides say Biden's corporate tax proposal is 'problematic'
experts say Biden's proposed minimum 15% tax
on corporate book income is a bad idea.
Yahoo. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Impostor nurse who earned $2.2million in seven years is sentenced to 65 months in prison
Sonja Emery, 55, has pleaded guilty to counts of mail fraud and tax
evasion, stemming from a seven-year scam spanning multiple states, where she lied about her education to land high-paying jobs.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Just days to go to submit paper tax returns: what do you need to know?
The deadline for submitting your paper tax
return is now just days away - falling on Saturday 31 October 2020. Here are some tips if you are putting your paper return together last minute.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Sealed Air's (SEE) Q3 Earnings & Sales Top Estimates, View Up
Sealed Air (SEE) bottom line improves year over year in Q3 on higher adjusted EBITDA, lower adjusted tax
rate and reduced net interest expense.
Zacks. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Federal tax refunds delayed 9 months for some Illinois taxpayers
Some Illinois taxpayers are still waiting for IRS refunds after nine months.
ABC News. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Report: Trump Had Over $280 Million In Debt Forgiven And Avoided Paying Taxes On Most Of It
The debt largely came from his Chicago tower.
Forbes. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- California Tax Revolt Faces a Retreat, 40 Years Later
Proposition 13 in 1978 curbed property tax
increases. Now voters may strip protection for commercial buildings, helping hard-hit local budgets.
New York Times. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- The new IRS tax brackets are out for 2021, so where do you stand?
It's never too early to crunch the numbers. The IRS broke down what you're due to pay next year.
ABC News. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Here's How Trump, Biden Differ on Key Issues
Republican, Democrat presidential nominees offer distinct choices for next 4 years on climate, taxes, trade, race relations, national security, immigration and handling of coronavirus pandemic.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Ted Cruz says the swelling national debt will re-emerge as a major concern for Republicans
Under Trump, Republicans drove up the deficit with tax
cuts and spending increases. They are reluctant to back another large coronavirus relief bill.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Proposition 15 promises cash for schools and local governments. How much isn't clear
The question for voters is how much money would be collected under Proposition 15 and whether a largely overlooked tax
cut in the ballot measure might mean some communities across the state end up losing money.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- HSBC's Hong Kong shares jump nearly 5% after third-quarter earnings beat estimates
HSBC's reported profit before tax
was $3.07 billion in the third quarter, better than the $2.07 billion that analysts had expected, according to estimates compiled by the bank.
CNBC. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
Tax Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries