This Tax Return news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about tax returns from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance already has some of Donald Trump's tax returns
Vance (left) is waiting on a Supreme Court decision that could force Trump's accounting firm Mazars USA to hand over his tax records from 2011 to 2018, but has already obtained some of the information.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Still haven't done your tax return? Five expert tips for meeting the 31 January deadline
HMRC is still waiting for 4.9m people to file their 2019/20 tax return
in time for the 31 January deadline - although those who fail to make it due to Covid-19 may be able to appeal.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- You Only Have 3 Days Left To Be Issued $600 Stimulus Check; After, You Must Claim Rebate On Tax Return
The IRS has a deadline of January 15 to send out $600 stimulus checks. After that, individuals will need to claim the money by filing their 2020 tax returns, which means they may not see their stimulus payment until February or March.
Forbes. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Virginia tax preparer sentenced for filing false returns
WASHINGTON (AP) - A Virginia tax return
preparer was sentenced to 27 months in prison for filing false returns, federal prosecutors said. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- California governor extends small business tax deadlines
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - California small businesses will have more time to file their tax returns
in 2021. Gov. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 14 Dec 2020.
- The Supreme Court is leaving the Trump tax case in limbo as the end of his term nears
President Donald Trump's long-running effort to keep his tax returns
shielded from prosecutors in New York remains in Supreme Court limbo.
CNBC. Wednesday, 9 Dec 2020.
- In Prison for Tax Fraud, He Committed More Tax Fraud, U.S. Says
Abdel Soliman was serving a 41-month federal sentence when he used a smuggled cellphone to prepare tax returns
for clients, diverting more than $470,000 in refunds, the authorities said.
New York Times. Thursday, 3 Dec 2020.
- Stimulus check update: IRS deadline to register approaching for those who don't file tax returns
The stimulus check registration deadline is approaching for the millions of Americans who have not received their payment.
ABC News. Friday, 20 Nov 2020.
- Ex-Microsoft Engineer Gets Prison Sentenced For Bitcoin Tax Fraud
Ex-Microsoft engineer goes to prison for defrauding Microsoft, using a bitcoin mixer to hide taxable income and filing fraudulent tax returns.
Forbes. Monday, 9 Nov 2020.
- Warning after 75,000 'deleted' files found on used USB drives
Abertay University researchers retrieved 75,000 files including tax returns
on the second-hand drives.
BBC News. Tuesday, 3 Nov 2020.
- 5 Tax Deductions That Even Informed People Miss
Check your tax return
for these items to make sure you aren't overpaying.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 30 Oct 2020.
- Trump keeps calling $750 tax payment a 'filing fee.' Experts say there's no such thing
President Donald Trump keeps bringing up what he calls a $750 filing fee for his federal income tax returns. What's that all about?
Yahoo. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Trump again asks Supreme Court to block subpoena for tax records
President Donald Trump has once again asked the Supreme Court to block a subpoena from the Manhattan DA's office seeking his tax returns.
ABC News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Trump brings tax return case to Supreme Court again after losses in lower courts
Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance Jr. wants to see President Donald Trump's income tax returns
as part of a criminal probe of the Trump Organization.
CNBC. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Appeals Court Rules Trump Must Hand Over Tax Returns, Setting Up Another Supreme Court Showdown
'None of the President's allegations...'
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries