This Tax Return news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about tax returns from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Editorial: Larry Elder was right to protest California's punitive tax return requirement for candidates
No one should be left off the recall ballot merely because they shared incomplete tax return
information with the public.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Larry Elder says California law disqualifying him from recall ballot was designed to get Trump's tax returns
Conservative talk radio host Larry Elder says the California law used to disqualify him from being on the ballot for the recall election against Gov. ...
Fox News. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- Tax refund delay: IRS backlog of returns grows to 35 million
The tax agency faced a "challenging" year, leading to a growing backlog of tax returns, the taxpayer advocate says.
CBS News. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- RS in chaos: Nearly 35 million tax returns are STILL unprocessed
Charles P. Rettig, the IRS commissioner, has defended the tax organization, which processed more than 137 million individual income returns and sent refunds totaling $281 billion.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021.
- How States Are Letting Small Businesses Avoid The SALT Cap On Their Tax Returns
A growing number of states are using a workaround to help their taxpayers avoid a Trump-era cap on a critical income tax break.
Forbes. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
- IRS Faces Backlog Of 35 Million Unprocessed Tax Returns, Watchdog Finds
'Personal and professional challenges'
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 30 Jun 2021.
- New IRS tool lets families check if they're eligible for Child Tax Credit checks
The IRS unveiled the tool Monday for people who made too little to file a tax return.
CBS News. Monday, 14 Jun 2021.
- Joe and Jill Biden's income fell from $985,223 to $607,336 last year, according to their tax return
The Bidens saw their earnings plunge last year as Joe Biden gave up lucrative speaking gigs to campaign full time, reducing his income to $607,336, according to his 2020 tax return.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 18 May 2021.
- Biden's tax return shows steep fall in income
The filing shows he and his wife earned $607,336 last year, compared with $985,223 a year earlier.
BBC News. Tuesday, 18 May 2021.
- Joe Biden, Kamala Harris 2020 tax returns released by White House
President Biden and first lady Jill Biden reported an adjusted income of just over $600,000 in 2020 and paid $157,414 in federal income tax for an effective rate of 25.9%, according to returns the White House released Monday. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 17 May 2021.
- Biden tax returns reveal he paid 25.9% rate and earned $607,336 in 2020
President Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, earned $607,336 last year while he was running for president.
ABC News. Monday, 17 May 2021.
- Biden, Harris release 2020 tax returns
- 'We Build the Wall' founder, linked to Steve Bannon, indicted on new fraud and tax charges
Brian Kolfage, founder of an allegedly fraudulent donor campaign to build a border wall, now faces additional counts, of fraud and filing a false tax return.
CNBC. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- How Do You Claim Your Stimulus Check? File Your Tax Return
Thursday: In addition to three federal stimulus payments, some Californians also qualify for the Golden State Stimulus.
New York Times. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Half a million homeowners got current on their mortgage in March
As the economy improved, tax returns
came in and homeowners received stimulus payments, the mortgage delinquency rate dropped, according to Black Knight.
Inman. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries