This Tax Return news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about tax returns from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Trump Reaches Deal With Lawmakers To Temporarily Stay Subpoenas For His Tax Returns
'An agreement has been reached'
Daily Caller. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- New York passes bill letting Congress access Trump tax returns
The bill now must be signed by New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, a frequent critic of President Trump
CBS News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- New York moves to expose Trump taxes
New York's legislature approved a bill Wednesday that would give Congress access to President Trump's state tax returns, setting up a backdoor method for Democrats to get hold of information Mr. Trump has refused to release. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- NY Legislators OK Congressional Access to Trump Tax Returns
New York state lawmakers have passed legislation that would allow President Donald Trump's state tax returns to be released to Democrats in Congress.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- NY lawmakers vote to allow release of Trump's state tax returns to Democrats in Congress; bill on wa
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - NY lawmakers vote to allow release of Trump's state tax returns to Democrats in Congress; bill on way to governor.
Washington Times. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Mnuchin says he was unaware of IRS memo on tax returns
Mnuchin says he was unaware of draft IRS memo on releasing tax returns until contacted by newspaper
ABC News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Mnuchin Says He Has 'Not Yet' Reviewed Memo Mandating IRS Turn Over Trump Tax Returns
The Treasury secretary has refused to comply with a House subpoena from a committee chairman requesting the agency turn over Trump's tax returns.
NPR. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Treasury Secretary Mnuchin says he has never spoken with Trump about handing over tax returns
"I've had no conversations ever with the president or anyone in the White House about delivering the president's tax returns to Congress," Mnuchin said during a hearing before the House Financial Services Committee.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Internal IRS Memo: 'Mandatory' to Give Trump Tax Returns to Congress
Despite pushback from the White House, an internal draft memo at the IRS argues the agency should comply with congressional requests for President Donald Trump's tax returns.
Newsmax. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Treasury rejects Democrats' subpoena to turn over Trump tax returns
Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin on Friday rejected a Democratic subpoena for President Donald Trump's tax returns and the showdown appeared headed for court.
ABC News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Congress' quest for Trump tax returns likely headed to court
The Treasury Department rejected a congressional subpoena for Trump's returns Friday. Some Democrats would like to see the treasury secretary and IRS commissioner face legal punishment for failing to comply
CBS News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin defies House Democrats' subpoena for Trump's tax returns
"I am consulting with counsel on how best to enforce the subpoenas moving forward," said Ways and Means Chairman Richard Neal, D-Mass.
CNBC. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Report: TurboTax hid entirely free filing service
If you've used online software to file your tax returns, you might not have realized that companies that sell online tax filing services are required to offer lower-income Americans an entirely free option.
Fox News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Subpoenas issued for six years of Donald Trump tax returns
A Congressional committee seeks six years of the president's tax returns, which he has refused to give.
BBC News. Saturday, 11 May 2019.
- Concha: Some press covering Trump's leaked tax returns showing 'the worst kind of bias'
Media reporter Joe Concha said Friday that many of those in the media who are covering the contents of President Trump's 1985-1994 tax returns are exhibiting "the worst kind of bias."
Fox News. Saturday, 11 May 2019.
Tax return filing date
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries