This Tax Return news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about tax returns from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- IRS warns some CTC letters may have incorrect information
The issue could create tax refund delays for parents if they rely on faulty information to complete their tax returns.
CBS News. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- If An IRS Form 1099 Is Wrong, How To Disagree
No one likes receiving Forms 1099, since they generally stick you with income. And many are wrong, so tell the issuer and ask them to correct it. If they won't, you need to address it on your tax return.
Forbes. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- WATCH: Tips as tax season begins
The IRS will begin accepting tax returns
today, and unlike the past two years, there will be no COVID-19 extensions.
ABC News. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- Taxpayers, brace yourselves: Tax filing season starts amid IRS crisis, COVID-related complications
Delays in processing taxes are to be expected -- especially because the IRS says it still is working through 2020 tax returns.
ABC News. Sunday, 23 Jan 2022.
- IRS is already facing a backlog ahead of tax filing season
Filing season opens January 24 and Treasury officials are urging taxpayers to get their tax returns
in as early as possible.
CBS News. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- HMRC gives Self Assessment taxpayers an extra MONTH to file tax returns
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) has announced that anyone who cannot file their return by January 31 will not receive a late filing penalty, provided they file online by February 28.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 Jan 2022.
- VICTORIA BISCHOFF: Try not to let Christmas become too taxing
Every year I'm amazed by how many people file their tax returns
between Christmas Eve and Boxing Day. I'd much prefer to re-watch The Sound of Music.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 21 Dec 2021.
- Jack Henry (JKHY) Boosts Lending Division With New Capability
Jack Henry & Associates (JKHY) announces that its digital lending platform has embedded tax return
spreading in a bid to expand its reach to banks and credit unions.
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Dec 2021.
- Virginia Gov.-elect Youngkin releases tax information
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Virginia Gov.-elect Glenn Youngkin has disclosed what his campaign says are summaries of recent tax returns
that show the substantial amounts of income he made and has given away. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 7 Nov 2021.
- Millions Still Due 2020 Tax Refunds, As October 15 Extension Deadline Nears
What to do if your tax return
is in IRS limbo.
Forbes. Sunday, 10 Oct 2021.
- Trump Files $100 Million Lawsuit Against New York Times Over Illegally Obtained Tax Records
Mary Trump, Paper Face $100 Million Suit Over Tax Return
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 22 Sep 2021.
- IRS had a backlog of nearly 8 million paper business tax returns in 2020 due to pandemic
The backlog was a 3,230% increase relative to the end of 2019, according to a report issued Tuesday by a Treasury Department watchdog.
CNBC. Tuesday, 7 Sep 2021.
- Trump Asks Court Not To Release Tax Returns To Congress
'Made to retaliate against President Trump'
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 4 Aug 2021.
- Trump lawyers ask judge to block release of tax returns to Congress after Biden DOJ orders IRS to do so
Trump has fought the release of his income tax returns
for years. The Biden Justice Department says the IRS has to give Congress those documents.
CNBC. Wednesday, 4 Aug 2021.
- Donald Trump ordered to hand over tax returns to Congress
The ruling is a big legal blow to the ex-president, who has not publicly disclosed his tax returns.
BBC News. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries