This Tax Return news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about tax returns from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Trump keeps calling $750 tax payment a 'filing fee.' Experts say there's no such thing
President Donald Trump keeps bringing up what he calls a $750 filing fee for his federal income tax returns. What's that all about?
Yahoo. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Trump claims he pre-paid his taxes, disputes New York Times report
President Trump said Thursday he pre-paid his taxes, pushing back against allegations that he barely paid any federal income taxes as president and continuing to buck pressure from critics to release his tax returns. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Trump again asks Supreme Court to block subpoena for tax records
President Donald Trump has once again asked the Supreme Court to block a subpoena from the Manhattan DA's office seeking his tax returns.
ABC News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Trump brings tax return case to Supreme Court again after losses in lower courts
Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance Jr. wants to see President Donald Trump's income tax returns
as part of a criminal probe of the Trump Organization.
CNBC. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Most Taxpayers On Extension Must File By October 15
If you, like me, joined millions of other taxpayers in filing for an extension this year, be sure to check your calendar: October 15 is the due date to file your 2019 tax return.
Forbes. Sunday, 11 Oct 2020.
- Trump loses tax return subpoena appeal, but his lawyer will ask Supreme Court to stay ruling
Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. is seeking years of income tax returns
of President Donald Trump as part of a criminal probe. The Supreme Court could become involved in the case for a second time.
CNBC. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- Trump can't block tax subpoena: Circuit court
A federal appeals court in New York ruled Wednesday President Donald Trump cannot block enforcement of a subpoena for his tax returns
issued by the Manhattan District Attorney's office. A three-judge panel of the 2nd U.S. ...
ABC News. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- Appeals Court Rules Trump Must Hand Over Tax Returns, Setting Up Another Supreme Court Showdown
'None of the President's allegations...'
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- Donald Trump loses ANOTHER bid to keep his tax returns secret
The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan said a stay of a lower-court decision will remain in effect so Trump's lawyers can appeal the ruling to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- Anti-virus creator John McAfee arrested over tax evasion charges
The anti-virus creator faces extradition to the US for allegedly failing to file tax returns.
BBC News. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
- John McAfee is arrested in Spain and charged with tax evasion
John McAfee was arrested in Spain after prosecutors unsealed an indictment against the creator of the anti-virus software over charges that he evaded taxes and willfully failed to file tax returns.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
- Four Months To Eternity In Prison If Trump Tax Data Leaker Caught
There is a good chance that the New York Times story on Trump's tax return
required some criminal activity by somebody or some somebodies in order to make it happen.
Forbes. Friday, 2 Oct 2020.
- 'Inshallah': Biden praised by Muslim Americans but accused of cultural appropriation for using Arabic phrase
Mr Biden invoked phrase while criticising Mr Trump on his still unreleased tax returns.
Yahoo. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- Biden and Harris release 2019 tax returns ahead of first debate
The release of the returns comes after a report found that President Trump payed just $750 in federal income tax in 2017.
CBS News. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez rips Trump over his tax returns
"Donald Trump has never cared for our country more than he cares for himself. A walking scam," the New York congresswoman tweeted.
CBS News. Monday, 28 Sep 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries