This Tax Return news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about tax returns from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How Pete Buttigieg made his money before he was a presidential hopeful
Buttigieg made the least in 2018 out of the 13 Democratic presidential candidates who have released their tax returns.
CNBC. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Here's how many people claimed this new 20% small-business tax break
More than 14 million tax returns
claimed the new 20% qualified business income deduction in 2018, according to IRS data through May 23. How to know if you qualify.
CNBC. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Trump sues over California requirement that he release tax returns
The California law requires all presidential candidates to release five years' worth of tax returns
or they won't be listed on the primary ballot
CBS News. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Trump Sues California Over Tax Return Law
Lawsuit, filed by president's personal lawyers in federal court in Sacramento, argues statute signed into law last week is unconstitutional because it sets up illegal new rules governing who can seek the presidency.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Trump sues California over candidates' tax return law
The law says presidential candidates must file tax returns
in order to stand in primaries.
BBC News. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Trump, Republican party sue over California tax return law
The Trump campaign and Republican Party have sued California over a new law requiring presidential candidates to release their tax returns.
ABC News. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Judicial Watch Lawsuit Challenges Calif. Tax-Return Law
Judicial Watch is representing four California voters who sued to stop the state from requiring President Donald Trump from disclosing his tax returns
in order to appear on the 2020 primary ballot.
Newsmax. Monday, 5 Aug 2019.
- DC legal battle over Trump's state taxes could be moving to New York court
A D.C. legal battle over President Donald Trump's state tax returns
could be moving to the New York courts, under a new ruling by the judge in the case issued Thursday.
ABC News. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- Judge Blocks New York From Turning Over Trump Tax Returns To Congress
'Mr. Trump cannot suffer any harm'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- New California Law Requires Presidential Candidates To Release Tax Returns
California Gov. Gavin Newsom has signed a bill into law that requires presidential candidates to submit tax returns
to qualify for the primary ballots. The law is expected to be challenged in court.
NPR. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- California Gov. Signs A Bill Requiring Presidential Candidates To Submit Tax Returns
Trump has refused to release tax returns
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- New law says Trump must release tax returns to be on Calif. primary ballot
California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed into law a bill that would demand that presidential candidates disclose five years of federal tax returns
to be listed on the state's primary election ballot
CBS News. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- Trump Must Release Taxes to Be on Calif. Primary Ballot
If he does not release five years of his tax returns, President Donald Trump could be left off the primary ballot in California next year because of a new law Gov. Gavin Newsom signed Tuesday.
Newsmax. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- California Governor Signs Bill on Presidential Tax Returns
Law aimed at Trump requires all presidential contenders and candidates for governor to release their tax returns.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- BREAKING NEWS: Trump sues Democrats in Congress and New York to block release of his tax returns
The federal lawsuit seeks a cout injunction blocking New York officials from using a new state law to give the president's state income tax returns
to the Democrat-led panel in Washington.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 23 Jul 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries