This Swimwear news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about swimwear and swimsuit news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Swimwear model claims she was told to 'fix' the birthmark on her leg with BLEACHING cream
Muriel Villera, 28, from Colombia, has worked in the modelling industry for 10 years. She claims her birthmark on her right thigh has cost her 'countless' jobs - and praised PLT for not editing it out of shots.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit star Kelsey Merritt was once banned from wearing bikinis
Kelsey, 22, was born to an American father and a Filipino mother, and was raised in the Philippines, graduating from Ateneo de Manila University in May 2017.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Rob Gronkowski Congratulates Girlfriend Camille Kostek On Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover
'She is a star on the rise'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Tyra Banks lands third Sports Illustrated Swimsuit cover
Banks made history in 1997 as the first black woman to grace the iconic cover
CBS News. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit issue features first-ever burkini model
A Muslim model has become the first woman to appear in Sports Illustrated magazine wearing a burkini.
Sky News. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- Sports Illustrated Will Feature Halima Aden, Its First Model in a Hijab and Burkini
Ms. Aden, a Somali-American, will be the first model to appear in conservative Muslim dress for a magazine famous for bikini-clad models in its annual swimsuit issue.
New York Times. Monday, 29 Apr 2019.
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model Halima Aden makes history as first woman to pose in hijab and burkini
Sports Illustrated announced that Halima Aden will make history as the first model to pose for its Swimsuit issue wearing a hijab and burkini.
Fox News. Monday, 29 Apr 2019.
- Sports Illustrated features first burkini girl
Halima Aden becomes the first model to wear a burkini in Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue.
BBC News. Monday, 29 Apr 2019.
- Why Orlebar Brown Embodies Sunshine, Travel, Happiness And Good Times For Millennials At The Beach
In an alternative approach to the transition developed in today's menswear marketplace, Orlebar Brown has achieved great success by combining various elements of swimwear technology with modified design.
Forbes. Tuesday, 23 Apr 2019.
- US mulls EU tariff hike on products such as clothing
Sweaters, anoraks, suits and swimwear imported into the United States from Europe are on a list of products that could be hit by US$11.2bn in additional duties this summer as part of an escalating trade row over aircraft subsidies.
Just Style. Wednesday, 10 Apr 2019.
- Social media notices huge problem with 'stick-on' swimwear trend
Stick-on swimwear, which made a big splash at Miami Swim Week in 2018, is currently raising eyebrows from confused onlookers for an entirely different reason.
Fox News. Wednesday, 10 Apr 2019.
- Chinese Woman Carrying 'Malware' Charged With Trying To Access Trump's Mar-a-Lago
The woman told Secret Service agents she wanted to go to the pool. But she didn't have a swimsuit. Then she said she wanted to attend a "United Nations" event. None was scheduled.
NPR. Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019.
- This Company Is Desexualizing Swimwear
After struggling to find swimwear to fit her, Rosie Cook decided to launch her own company - with an environmental focus to boot.
Forbes. Friday, 29 Mar 2019.
- Gisele Bundchen Wins Day With Jaw-Dropping Swimsuit Magazine Cover
The whole spread is incredible
Daily Caller. Friday, 1 Mar 2019.
- Hedgehogs to swimsuits: How a warm winter affects us all
As the UK soaks up the sun, hedgehogs are coming out of hibernation and sales of summer clothes are up.
BBC News. Tuesday, 26 Feb 2019.
Children dressed in swimwear
Related Directory Page(s)
Swimwear News Headlines and News Summaries