This Swimming news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about swimming and swimmer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Australian swimmer Kirrily Edwards shares her healthy recipe for a chocolate peanut butter cake
Kirrily Edwards, from Sydney, has revealed how she makes a 'healthy' chocolate peanut butter cake in just one minute - without using an oven.
Daily Mail. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Stuart Lubbock's dying father says he did his best for son who died at Michael Barrymore's house
Terry Lubbock, father of Stuart Lubbock whose body was found in Michael Barrymore's swimming
pool in 2001, says he can rest in peace as he knows he did all he could for his son.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Vaccinated Campers Can Remove Masks Outdoors, C.D.C. Head Says
The agency was criticized over its guidance that campers should wear masks except when eating, drinking, swimming
New York Times. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Homeowners unearth ice age-era skeleton while installing swimming pool in Las Vegas property
Nothing kills some fun in the sun like skeletons.
Fox News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Covid: Parents urged to prioritise swimming lessons
Olympian Duncan Goodhew calls for focus on water safety after lessons were lost during the pandemic.
BBC News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Las Vegas Residents Discover Ice Age Animal Bones While Building a Swimming Pool
The paleontologist studying the bones estimates they are between 6,000 and 14,000 years old
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- NOAA looks to ban swimming with dolphins in Hawaii
with dolphins is a popular tourist activity in Hawaii. But that could be coming to an end. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration wants to ban boats and swimmers from getting too close to the mammals. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Gyms, leisure centres and swimming pools reopen in Wales as COVID restrictions ease
Gyms, leisure centres and swimming
pools are reopening today in Wales as COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
Sky News. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- North Shore woman inducted into International Swimmer's Hall of Fame
A North Shore woman was inducted into the International Swimmer's Hall of Fame Saturday.
ABC News. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- Child's death highlights risk of "dry drowning"
A 4-year-old boy in Texas died of a rare condition called "dry drowning" nearly a week after going swimming
. CBS News' Don Champion reports on the symptoms parents should look out for.
CBS News. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- Chlorine Is The Latest Shortage, How This Will Affect Swimming Pools, Hot Tubs
Chlorine prices will likely go up, and some pool, hot tub, and water park operators could end up skimping on chlorine.
Forbes. Saturday, 1 May 2021.
- A major chlorine shortage is set to spoil summertime fun in the swimming pool
The worst chlorine shortage the country has ever seen is set to rock this summer's pool season.
CNBC. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Swimming with my stoma bag
Gill Castle is on a mission to break down fear and stigma around taking to the water with a colostomy pouch.
BBC News. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Tokyo Olympics: Schedule, Sports and Details
The opening ceremony will be held July 23, with gymnastics, swimming
and other sports beginning soon after.
New York Times. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- CIF will hold regional playoffs but no state track finals
The California Interscholastic Federation announces state championships won't be held in track and field, swimming
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries