This Swimming news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about swimming and swimmer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Body of man, 36, discovered after girl, 3, found alone on a boat on a Texas lake
Oscar Monjaras Robledo's body was found in water a day after a little girl, 3, was found in a boat on Lake Granbury in Northern Texas on Thursday. Police believe he didn't anchor the boat before swimming
Daily Mail. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- Southern resident killer whale calves spotted alive and well
Two southern resident killer whale calves have been seen swimming
with their pods in apparent good health off the west coast of Vancouver Island.
CBC News. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Huawei Mate X gets delayed again, will it ever be released?
With 2019 dubbed the year of folding phones, it's not exactly going swimmingly thus far. Huawei has again been forced to delay the release of its first
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Neanderthals commonly suffered from 'swimmer's ear'
Abnormal bony growths in the ear canal were surprisingly common in Neanderthals, according to a new study.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Toxic blue-green algae warning for dog owners and swimmers
People urged to check for the bloom which can cause swimmers rashes and fever and prove fatal to dogs.
BBC News. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Embarrassing moment holiday-maker's lilo blows away and she belly-flops into the swimming pool
Aleksandra Djuran, 23, embarrassingly belly-flops in to a hotel swimming
pool while on holiday in Mallorca with her friends. She aims her lilo into the water but the wind blows it away and she falls face in.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Donegal: Fifteen rescued swimmers were caught in rip tide
Teenagers involved in the incident at Machaire Rabhartaigh were attending an Irish college.
BBC News. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Three dogs die after swimming in pond with blue-green algae
Pet owners across the country are being warned about a potentially deadly toxic algae. Three dogs in North Carolina died last week after swimming
in a pond that had blooms of blue-green algae. Anna Werner reports.
CBS News. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Drownings spike at the Great Lakes
High water levels and powerful currents are creating dangerous conditions for swimmers and boaters on America's Great Lakes. Sixty people have drowned this summer -- nearly half of them on Lake Michigan. Dean Reynolds reports.
CBS News. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Safe swimming tips for kids and parents
Whether it's in the lake or in a pool, it's crucial for children to learn how to stay safe while swimming
ABC News. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
- Boy, 13, Drowns While Swimming at LBJ National Grasslands
A 13-year-old boy drowned Tuesday while swimming
in a body of water at the LBJ National Grasslands north of Decatur. Photo Credit: Frank Heinz, NBC 5 News.
NBC. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- 2 blinded after swimming with contact lenses
A man and a woman in the United Kingdom each became blind in one eye due to an infection called acanthamoeba keratitis.
ABC News. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- Actively swimming gold nanoparticles
Bacteria can actively move towards a nutrient source -- a phenomenon known as chemotaxis -- and they can move collectively in a process known as swarming. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- North Texas Olympian Dana Vollmer Retiring
North Texan and seven-time Olympic medalist Dana Vollmer says she is retiring from competitive swimming
after a final event Aug. 2. Photo Credit: Getty Images for USOC
NBC. Monday, 29 Jul 2019.
- 15-foot Florida alligator caught after chasing swimmers near Gulf of Mexico, authorities say
A Florida trapper captured a nearly 15-foot alligator after deputies responded to reports of the giant reptile chasing swimmers, authorities said.
Fox News. Sunday, 28 Jul 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries