This Swimming news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about swimming and swimmer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chelmsford school locker death: Boy, 9, killed in fall
Leo Latifi was with family members at an after-school swimming club when the accident happened.
BBC News. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- How Sydney's pools became the envy of the world
Sydney has more ocean swimming pools than any other city - a product of "unique" historic factors.
BBC News. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- US close to banning swimming with Hawaiian spinner dolphins
Federal officials in final review stages for rules to ban swimming or boating near Hawaiian spinner dolphins
ABC News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- The neural mechanisms that inhibit slow muscle activity during fast swimming in fish
Using zebrafish larvae, biologists have discovered neural mechanisms that suppress slow muscle activity in fish swimming at high speeds.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- The Sublime Sensation of the Swimming Hole
Kick off your shoes and jump into summer's most refreshing tradition on a lazy afternoon
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Great white shark tracked in Long Island Sound for "first time ever"
Ocearch, a group that tracks ocean life, posted a picture of "Cabot," a nearly 10-foot-long fish swimming near Greenwich, Connecticut
CBS News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Student drowns in private lake across from high school in North Carolina
A ninth grade student in North Carolina has been pronounced dead after it was revealed he drowned while swimming with classmates on Friday afternoon.
Fox News. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Half of Americans use swimming pool in lieu of shower
A new report exposes some bad habits in America's swimming pools
CBS News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- 15-foot shark heading to North Carolina's Outer Banks for Memorial Day weekend
A 15-foot shark named Luna is swimming towards North Carolina's Outer Banks. On Thursday she pinged near South Carolina in a deep sea area known as the Charleston Bump.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Intex Swimming Pool Floats at Walmart for $10 + free shipping w/ $35 - CNET
Intex Swimming Pool Floats at Walmart for $10
CNET. Saturday, 11 May 2019.
- Some Fish Can See in Color at 5,000 Feet Below Sea Level
In the dark, watery depths, these swimmers see in a way scientists previously thought was impossible.
Yahoo. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- 'Pinky' the bright pink dolphin was spotted swimming with her baby calf - which is also bright pink
Known simply as 'Pinky', a rare pink dolphin known to frequent a Louisiana lake appears to have become a mother to another pink dolphin, as shown in a video shared on Facebook.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Historically-Bad Loss Leaves Trail Blazers Swimming Against Tide Of Playoff History
The Portland Trail Blazers play their first truly poor game of the playoffs and lose in Denver to fall behind in the series 3-2, forcing them to challenge the long odds teams face in that situation.
Forbes. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Part of Lake Norman under no swim advisory
A portion of Lake Norman is under a no swimming advisory after hundreds of gallons of sewage discharged into the water.
Fox News. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- Twelve Of London's Largest Hotel Suites Are In The Former Headquarters Of The County Council
This former government building, now hotel, offers twelve luxurious suites overlooking the river Thames and the largest rooftop swimming pool in London.
Forbes. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
Swimmer swimming near a lane marker
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries