This Swimming news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about swimming and swimmer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'Queen of the Channel': Marathon swimmer makes history with 44th gruelling UK-France crossing
An Australian marathon swimmer
has made history after crossing the Channel for a record 44th time.
Sky News. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- Beautiful moment polar bear sleeps on an iceberg among winners in Golden Turtle photography festival
From a polar bear sleeping on an iceberg to an Indian turtle swimming
among fish in the ocean, this incredible array of images showcases the work of some of the world's finest photographers.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- Want to lose this winter? Go wild swimming, study suggests
Danish researchers recruited eight cold water swimmers and eight people who did not take the chilly dips. They found cold water swimmers had a lower pulse and reduced blood pressure.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- Only swimming & athletics to be compulsory for Commonwealth Games hosts to stage
The number of compulsory sports that Commonwealth Games hosts will have to stage in future is set to be cut from 16 to just two.
BBC News. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- California attorney general launches investigation into Orange County oil spill
Stretches of sand in Newport Beach and Huntington Beach reopened to swimmers and surfers as cleanup crews continued combing the shores for oil and tar Monday.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- WATCH: Massive school of fish seen off Long Island coast
Drone footage captures a mesmerizing mass of Atlantic menhaden swimming
off the coast of Long Island.
ABC News. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- School of fish swimming in heart formation stuns onlookers: Drone footage
These Palm Beach fish deserve a gold medal in artistic swimming
Fox News. Sunday, 10 Oct 2021.
- USC swimming and diving coach Jeremy Kipp put on administrative leave
and diving coach Jeremy Kipp has been put on administrative leave amid concerns about abusive treatment of athletes within the program.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 10 Oct 2021.
- Derby mother's swimming warning after son drowns in river
Thandolwethu Ndlovu, 15, died after getting into difficulty in the River Trent in July.
BBC News. Saturday, 9 Oct 2021.
- TikTok's Oddly Satisfying Pool-Cleaning Videos
Clips of swimming
pools being cleaned have racked up millions of views on TikTok. Researchers have some ideas as to why.
New York Times. Friday, 1 Oct 2021.
- Medalist Keller pleads guilty to storming Capitol
Klete Keller, who won five medals while swimming
in three Olympics, acknowledged throwing away his Team USA jacket and destroying his phone, which had photos and videos taken while storming the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. ...
ESPN. Thursday, 30 Sep 2021.
- Olympic gold medalist pleads guilty to felony after joining Capitol riot
Former U.S. Olympic swimmer
Klete Keller pleaded guilty Wednesday to a single felony charge for his participation in the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.
ABC News. Thursday, 30 Sep 2021.
- U.S. Olympic swimmer Klete Keller pleads guilty in Jan. 6 Trump Capitol riot case
Klete Keller, who won gold medals at two Olympics, is one of hundreds of supporters of Donald Trump charged in connection with the Capitol riot.
CNBC. Wednesday, 29 Sep 2021.
- Family: Stranger's body was in mom's casket wearing her clothes
"She was swimming
in the clothes because she was so small compared to my mother," one daughter said.
CBS News. Friday, 24 Sep 2021.
- Unstoppable rivers of lava spew from La Palma volcano crater - destroying everything in their path
Swathes of La Palma are swimming
in volcanic ash. It's everywhere, on the roads, covering cars and buildings and in your clothes, and probably lungs.
Sky News. Thursday, 23 Sep 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries