This Sushi news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about sushi news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How I Blew My Bitcoin on Sushi
In 2013, this reporter spent 10 Bitcoin, worth $1,000 at the time, on a dinner for dozens of strangers in San Francisco. The owner of the restaurant wisely held onto it.
New York Times. Wednesday, 16 Dec 2020.
- UFC 256: Deiveson Figueiredo - The bricklaying sushi chef who became a UFC champion
Cowboy, hairdresser, taxi driver - UFC 256 headliner Deiveson Figueiredo did it all before becoming the UFC flyweight champion.
BBC News. Friday, 11 Dec 2020.
- UNLV QB sorry for 'Below Deck' sushi meal antics
UNLV quarterback Max Gilliam apologized Monday for eating sushi
off a nude model during his appearance on the Bravo reality TV series "Below Deck."
ESPN. Tuesday, 8 Dec 2020.
- The vanishing art of sushi
Even before coronavirus, soaring fish prices and competition from big chains had wiped out more than half of Japan's traditional sushi
CBS News. Sunday, 6 Dec 2020.
- Kura Sushi (KRUS) Reports Q4 Loss, Tops Revenue Estimates
(KRUS) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 2.38% and 8.39%, respectively, for the quarter ended August 2020. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Monday, 16 Nov 2020.
- Black man thrown out of Atlanta eatery for wearing sneakers but allows white diner to wear them
William Johnson was kicked out of an upscale sushi
restaurant in Atlanta on Tuesday for wearing tennis shoes even though a white woman seen with sneakers was allowed to eat there.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 31 Oct 2020.
- Earnings Preview: Kura Sushi (KRUS) Q4 Earnings Expected to Decline
(KRUS) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Japanese sushi chef finds way to spice up deliveries during pandemic
With his sushi
restaurant on the verge of closing amid the coronavirus pandemic, chef Masanori Sugiura was desperate to find ways to keep his business afloat. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- San Antonio Fire Chief under review after posing with a nude woman covered in SUSHI
San Antonio Fire Chief Charles Hood in Texas said he did not mean to offend anyone after a newly-released photo showed him posing with a naked woman who was covered in sushi
Daily Mail. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- Massachusetts restaurant guest slaps manager over fried rice order, tip request: report
The incident recently occurred at Koto Grill and Sushi
in Salem, Mass.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Rosella, Specializing in Sushi, Opens
Queens Night Market in Rockefeller Center, a new Sullivan Street, and more restaurant news.
New York Times. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Bluefin tuna in focus as Japan seeks boost to catch limits
MITO, Japan (AP) - Countries involved in managing bluefin tuna fisheries are set to face-off over a Japanese proposal to raise its catch quotas for the fish, highly prized for sushi
and sashimi. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
- Sushi chain YO! prepares to slice hundreds of jobs
Hundreds of jobs are expected to be cut at the sushi
restaurant chain YO! as it becomes the latest casual dining chain to propose a financial restructuring to creditors amid the COVID-19 outbreak.
Sky News. Friday, 14 Aug 2020.
- Make your own sushi with this home Temaki kit
Calling all sushi
lovers! True World Foods is offering a home kit with top-grade fish.
ABC News. Tuesday, 11 Aug 2020.
- Coronavirus: YO!'s talks with landlords put CVA on the menu
chain YO! has added itself to the conveyor belt of restaurant chains considering insolvency mechanism to reduce their financial liabilities as the coronavirus pandemic continues to hammer the restaurant industry.
Sky News. Wednesday, 5 Aug 2020.
Sushi Bars News Headlines and News Summaries