This Sushi news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about sushi news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Kim Jong-un's former sushi chef makes lunch for UK ambassador
Reports which emerged in Japan last month claimed that Kenji Fujimoto (pictured), a former chef for Kim Jong-un's father Kim Jong-il, had been arrested on suspicion of a 'past betrayal'.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 23 Jul 2019.
- Deep fried tempura flakes are spontaneously bursting into flames, setting sushi restaurants on fire
Deep-fried tempura flakes, also known as agedama or tenkasu, have been linked to three restaurant fires in Wisconsin alone. The flakes, used to give sushi
rolls some crunch spontaneously combust.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 17 Jul 2019.
- Sushi ingredient has ability to spontaneously combust, causing restaurant fires
The process of making deep-fried tempura flakes includes heating up cooking oil, which can self-heat and spontaneously combust.
ABC News. Tuesday, 16 Jul 2019.
- Popular sushi 'crunch' can 'spontaneously combust,' blamed for multiple kitchen fires
This tasty ingredient might be the most dangerous part of making sushi
Fox News. Tuesday, 16 Jul 2019.
- New Zealand penguins drop in for sushi
Blue penguins keep visiting a Wellington sushi
BBC News. Monday, 15 Jul 2019.
- Five Of The Best New Sunday Brunch Restaurants In London
New options for Sunday brunch in London are endless, from waffles, pancakes and traditional fry-ups to sushi
and Turkish dishes.
Forbes. Sunday, 30 Jun 2019.
- Dog Days of Summer - June 6, 2019
and Clyde were featured during the Dog Days of Summer segment on June 6, 2019.
NBC. Thursday, 6 Jun 2019.
- Good food is bringing people to the mall. And they're spending more money when they get there
Mall owners are increasingly building out food halls with local chef-driven eateries, sushi
bars and premium coffee shops.
CNBC. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Sunday Routine: How the Members of the Band AJR Spend Their Sundays
From planning their next tour to going out for sushi, the Met brothers are, for the most part, inseparable.
New York Times. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Review: Sushi master Morihiro Onodera reappears at hidden Inn Ann
Framed against the sky, tranquil and removed, Inn Ann is a 35-seat Japanese restaurant in a remote corner of the Hollywood & Highland shopping center. ...
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Food Bowl this week: Sushi pop-up, escamole dinner and a Filipinx garage party
Food Bowl continues. Night Market comes to an end this afternoon with a barbecue party, hosted by Food Editor Peter Meehan, with BBQ specialists Adam Perry Lang, Sam Jones and Aaron Franklin, plus many others. ...
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- An Interview With The Founders Of SAVA, Cannabis Curated
By now in California, there are probably more cannabis dispensaries than sushi
bars. Overwhelming to most, the experience of legal cannabis purchasing can be onerous at best. That's where SAVA comes in.
Forbes. Wednesday, 10 Apr 2019.
- This 3D-Printed Sushi is Customized For You Based on the Biological Sample You Send In
The 3D-printed sushi
Singularity will be custom-built around your biological data. To get it, the restaurant will ask you to mail a saliva, urine, or feces sample before your meal.
Mental Floss. Friday, 15 Mar 2019.
- Your Opinion of Sushi Is a Good Predictor of How Willing You Are to Eat Insects
Individuals who frequently dine on sushi
are more likely to try insects than their raw fish-rejecting counterparts
Smithsonian. Thursday, 14 Mar 2019.
- Threatened Bluefin Tuna Sells for Record $3 Million In New Year's Sale
The 612-pound fish will go to a sushi
restaurant, but without intervention the prized species will not be on the plate for much longer
Smithsonian. Monday, 7 Jan 2019.
Sushi Bars News Headlines and News Summaries