This Surveillance news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about surveillance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Government watchdog calls for review of foreign CCTV technology in Whitehall after Matt Hancock leak
Fraser Sampson, the Biometrics and Surveillance
Camera Commissioner, has written to the British Government's Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove
Daily Mail. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Sewage surveillance reveals 'widespread increase' of COVID in England last month
Sewage monitoring has shown there was a "widespread increase" in the concentration of COVID-19 in England throughout June.
Sky News. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Gunman opens fire in broad daylight in New York City, forcing woman pushing baby stroller to flee
A gunman in Brooklyn was seen on surveillance
video opening fire in broad daylight, forcing a woman pushing a baby stroller to flee the area.
Fox News. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Petrol bombs thrown at Cuban embassy in Paris
Cuba's foreign ministry has released surveillance
footage of the attack at its embassy in France.
BBC News. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- 4 killed in fiery California plane crash
Video from a nearby surveillance
camera captured the moment the plane went down. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
CBS News. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Ex-lover of Spain's former king Juan Carlos is suing him over 'unlawful surveillance'
Corinna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein, 57, had an affair with the 83-year-old monarch - who is married to Queen Sofia, 82 - between 2004 and 2009. She is now taking him to court, reports the FT.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Pegasus spyware owner to be dissolved after internal bust-up
The buyout firm behind the Pegasus surveillance
technology which last week triggered a global outcry over its use is to be dissolved after its partners failed to resolve a bitter months-long dispute.
Sky News. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Arlington Police Want to Identify Man in Hotel Video
Arlington Police are asking for the public's assistance in identifying a person recorded on hotel surveillance
video that may have information about an ongoing homicide investigation.
NBC. Friday, Jul 23 2021.
- Prime Ministers, Presidents And A King Among Those Possibly Targeted With Pegasus Spyware
The sitting presidents of France, Iraq and South Africa have all been identified as potential surveillance
Forbes. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- Man, 61, seriously injured in Greater Grand Crossing hit-and-run
Police released surveillance
images of a black, 4-door Jeep Renegade they believe was involved in a Greater Grand Crossing hit-and-run that seriously injured a 61-year-old man.
ABC News. Sunday, 18 Jul 2021.
- Chinese Spy Ship Expected to Monitor Australia-US War Games
ship expected to spy on multinational military war-fighting drills in Australia.
Voice of America. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- White hat hacker sounds the alarm on China's infiltration of American tech
Fox Nation host Lara Logan details the dangers of tech surveillance
for individuals and the nation
Fox News. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- Capitol Police to use Army surveillance system on Americans to 'identify emerging threat'
U.S. Capitol Police will begin fielding military surveillance
equipment as part of sweeping security upgrades as the force becomes “an intelligence-based protective agency” after the Jan. 6 attack. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 10 Jul 2021.
- Self-Described Virginia Militiaman Is Arrested in Capitol Attack
Prosecutors did not charge the suspect, Fi Duong, with crimes of violence but accused him of planning to use Molotov cocktails and of conducting surveillance
at the Capitol after Jan. 6.
New York Times. Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021.
- Privacy Watchdog's Report on N.S.A. System Fell Short, Members Say
The Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board spent more than six years scrutinizing the surveillance-related system, called XKeyscore. Its report is classified.
New York Times. Wednesday, 30 Jun 2021.
Surveillance News Headlines and News Summaries