This Surveillance news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about surveillance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Pompeo Says State Department Will Investigate Surveillance Threats Against Yovanovitch
A GOP congressional candidate suggested he was spying on former ambassador
Daily Caller. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Pompeo claims he was unaware of any surveillance on Yovanovitch
The secretary of state also told radio host Hugh Hewitt he'd never met indicted Rudy Giuliani associate Lev Parnas
CBS News. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- DOJ to require approval for surveillance of presidential campaigns
Attorney General Bill Barr has said that counterintelligence investigations into presidential campaigns can only happen when the FBI and AG sign off. Catherine Herridge joins CBSN with the latest.
CBS News. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Ukraine launches probes into possible surveillance of ex-US ambassador Yovanovitch and suspected hack of Burisma
The investigation into possible surveillance
of Maria Yovanovitch came after House Democrats released a trove of new evidence in the impeachment case.
CNBC. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Police in Ukraine probe claims Donald Trump's allies put Marie Yovanovitch under surveillance
The announcement comes after the House released documents that showed Lev Parnas, Rudy Giuliani's sidekick, communicating about Marie Yovanovitch with another Trump ally.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- NYC man, 44, arrested after being caught on surveillance attacking 63-year-old woman with a SUITCASE
Esther Guzman, 63, was assaulted with suitcase containing a speaker January 1 around 12.01am and Michael Lee, 44, was arrested Wednesday night for the assault, after a two-week hunt.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Ukraine Announces Probe Into Possible Surveillance of Ex-US Ambassador
Meanwhile, an associate of President Donald Trump's personal lawyer said the president was aware of a campaign to pressure the Ukrainian government to carry out investigations that would help Trump politically.
Voice of America. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Ukraine opens probe into possible surveillance of U.S. ambassador
Ukrainian police say they have opened an investigation into the possibility the former U.S. ambassador came under illegal surveillance
before she was recalled from her post.
CBC News. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Bob Menendez Seeks State Briefing on Amb. Yovanovitch Spying Claim
Amid allegations of surveillance
of former Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee is calling for "an immediate briefing" from State Department officials.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- Andrew McCabe, Who Approved Surveillance Of Carter Page, Will Discuss FISA Reform At NYU Event
McCabe has defended FBI against allegations of FISA abuse
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- Surveillance video shows tornado flipping cars in South Carolina high school parking lot
Video from a security camera at the school shows the twister lifting up and turning over several cars in the parking lot.
ABC News. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- Human Rights Watch says China is trying to censor critics abroad
The head of Human Rights Watch said Tuesday the Chinese government has not only constructed "an Orwellian high-tech surveillance
state" at home but is using its growing economic clout to silence critics abroad.
CNBC. Tuesday, 14 Jan 2020.
- Video captures deadly collision involving off-duty sheriff's detective who helped woman
video is shedding light on a crash that killed an off-duty sheriff's detective who stopped her vehicle to help an elderly woman cross the street in Valley Village Sunday.
ABC News. Monday, 13 Jan 2020.
- FBI Apologizes To Court For Mishandling Surveillance Of Trump Campaign Adviser
FBI Director Christopher Wray outlined steps the bureau is taking to ensure it doesn't make the same mistakes it did when it wiretapped Carter Page during the 2016 election.
NPR. Saturday, 11 Jan 2020.
- Nasdaq Boosts Trade Surveillance With Data Discovery Tool
Nasdaq (NDAQ) introduces a new technology to manage surveillance
Zacks. Friday, 10 Jan 2020.
Surveillance News Headlines and News Summaries