This Surgeon news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about surgeon and surgery news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Mom loses fingers, toes, part of leg after rug burn triggers severe infection
Her most recent surgery
stemming from the 2015 incident was just a few months ago.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- How a common surgery is contributing to the opioid crisis
There's a new warning about painkiller addiction and how it can start after a common surgery
. About five million Americans choose to have their wisdom teeth removed every year. Most are adolescents and young adults, ages 17 to 21. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Facial cosmetic surgeons are seeing a rise in patients asking to CURE their 'resting b**** face'
A new cosmetic trend has seen a rise in patients asking to treat their naturally occurring 'resting b**** face,' a sullen expression exemplified by celebrities like Anna Kendrick, left.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Oregon court orders girl, 13, to undergo cancer surgery after taking away custody from her mother
The Clackamas County Circuit Court ordered that plans move forward for Kylee Dixon, 13, of Wilsonville, Oregon to undergo 'life-saving' surgery
to treat her rare liver cancer.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Andy Murray loses to Tennys Sandgren in Winston-Salem Open first round
Andy Murray is still searching for his first singles win since hip surgery
after losing 7-6 7-5 to Tennys Sandgren in the Winston-Salem Open first round.
BBC News. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Boom in Cosmetic Surgery Linked to Age Discrimination
A significant number of adults undergo cosmetic procedures after experiencing age discrimination or because they fear age discrimination.
Forbes. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- The little-known spinal injury 'costing the NHS millions'
Cauda equina syndrome requires decompression surgery
within hours to avoid catastrophic damage.
BBC News. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- Juncker has successful surgery; will miss G7 Biarritz summit
BRUSSELS (AP) - The EU says European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has undergone a successful operation to remove his gallbladder but will not be able to attend this weekend's Group of Seven meeting in Biarritz, France. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- Expelled lawmaker back in hospital, in stable condition
PHOENIX (AP) - Former Arizona legislator Don Shooter is back in a Phoenix hospital after being released earlier in the week following emergency surgery
. His son, D.J. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- McConnell recovering from "successful" shoulder surgery
The Senate majority leader tripped and fractured his shoulder outside his Kentucky home earlier this month
CBS News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- 'Silent' strokes common after surgery, linked to cognitive decline
The study found that 'silent' covert strokes are actually more common than overt strokes in people aged 65 or older who have surgery
Science Daily. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Surgeons report success in reducing opioid prescribing without increasing patients' pain
A new study shows how one state's surgeons reduced the number of opioids they prescribed to thousands of patients -- without causing patients to feel more pain or less satisfied with their surgical experience.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Man's partial dentures got stuck in his throat, weren't discovered for 8 days
Remove false teeth before surgery, British doctors warn after man's partial dentures apparently got stuck in his throat during surgery
and weren't discovered for eight days.
CBC News. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Rand Paul Thanks Supporters After Lung Surgery
Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., thanked his supporters for extending best wishes after surgery
to remove part of his lung that was damaged in an attack by a neighbor in 2017.
Newsmax. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Mike Perry Undergoes Surgery After Broken Nose At UFC Fight Night 156
Mike Perry needed surgery
after Vicente Luque broke his nose with a knee in their UFC Fight Night 156 matchup last night in Uruguay.
Forbes. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries