This Surgeon news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about surgeon and surgery news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Stem cell patch surgery to mend spina bifida in the womb
Three babies have been born after receiving the landmark treatment in the US.
BBC News. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Up After da Vinci SP's Japan Approval
Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) gains approval in Japan for its single-port robotic surgical system, da Vinci SP. It will enable surgeons to provide minimally invasive experience for complex procedures.
Zacks. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- WATCH: 'Everywhere you go is just sheets of metal': Tree surgeon surveys damage after Ian
A tree surgeon
surveys the damage in North Fort Myers, Florida.
ABC News. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- "These poor people got hammered out here": Tree surgeon surveys Hurricane Ian damage
A tree surgeon
surveyed damage on Sunday in North Fort Myers, Florida, one of the places that was hit hardest.
CBS News. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Vikings' Cine to have surgery on fractured leg
Vikings rookie safety Lewis Cine suffered a fractured left leg in the first quarter of Sunday's game against the Saints in London.
ESPN. Sunday, 2 Oct 2022.
- Colts' Leonard (back) set to make season debut
Shaquille Leonard is active for the first time this season as the Colts linebacker has recovered from offseason back surgery
ESPN. Sunday, 2 Oct 2022.
- 'Skinometer' can detect skin cancer that's invisible to the human eye
The world's first scanner capable of detecting skin cancer invisible to the human eye has been invented to improve diagnosis and speed up surgery
Sky News. Sunday, 2 Oct 2022.
- Thousands of NHS heart failure patients at risk from stent operations that don't benefit them
Thousands of NHS heart failure patients are being given unnecessary stent surgery
(graphic pictured) every year, putting them at risk of life-threatening complications without any benefit, experts warned.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 1 Oct 2022.
- NYC doctor faces prison for $31M insurance scheme where he did surgery on homeless and drug addicts
An NYC doctor pleaded guilty to being part of an scheme that involved performing unnecessary surgery
on destitute patients in order to scam insurance companies.
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- Dying patient should have been seen in person
A man died after four telephone consultations with his GP surgery
but no face-to-face assessment.
BBC News. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Joey Bosa needs surgery but Chargers hope he can return; rookie to start at left tackle
Joey Bosa's groin injury is worse than first thought and will require surgery
to repair. They hope he can return this season. Meanwhile, rookie Jamaree Salyer to start at left tackle.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Rams can't stop talking about bringing back Odell Beckham Jr.
The Rams realize Odell Beckham Jr. is still recovering from knee surgery, but they have kept the free agent receiver's locker intact and have high hopes he will come back to team.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- Top surgery improves young transgender people's quality of life, study finds
"It is so important to be able to have evidence and treat [patients] not based on politics, but based on science and medicine," Dr. Sumanas Jordan said.
CBS News. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- Another Lonzo Ball Knee Surgery Gives Ayo Dosunmu Bigger Opportunity To Make Leap
Lonzo Ball needing another knee surgery
is bad for the Chicago Bulls, but it opens up a bigger opportunity for Ayo Dosunmu.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- Plastic Surgeon Claims Amazon and Google Employees Are Undergoing Surgery to Be 3 Inches Taller
The doctor developed a method to implant and subsequently extend pins in the femur to increase height.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries