This Surgeon news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about surgeon and surgery news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Banner Health eases heart transplant process for obese patients
The system's cardiology and bariatric surgery teams are working together to help some heart failure patients become eligible for heart transplants.
Modern Healthcare. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Texas baby born without skin getting grafts grown from own cells, family says
The Texas 5-month-old who has captured hearts worldwide after he was born without skin will reportedly undergo major surgery on Friday to cover areas of his body with skin grown in a lab using his own cells.
Fox News. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Killer held in solitary confinement for 35 years dies
Thomas Silverstein, who was held in solitary confinement for 35 years, was admitted to a suburban Denver hospital to undergo surgery and died in intensive care
CBS News. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- This 1950s Heart-Lung Machine Revolutionized Cardiac Surgery
Open-heart procedures evolved rapidly once Mayo Clinic surgeon John Kirklin made his improvements to an earlier invention
Smithsonian. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Surgeons warn of serious hand injuries from dog leads and collars
A Cornwall dog owner had the skin torn off her middle finger by a lead wound tightly round her hand.
BBC News. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Young athletes may need one-year break after knee surgery
After surgical reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament, young athletes are now recommended to undergo at least a year's rehab and thorough testing before resuming knee-strenuous sport. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Daniel Craig to undergo ankle surgery following Bond injury
The Bond star is to undergo surgery after injuring himself on the set of the latest movie.
BBC News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Surgery patients: Getting older every year
A new analysis reveals that people undergoing surgery in England are getting older at a faster rate than the general population.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Mom says botched weight loss surgery abroad turned skin black: 'Destroyed my life'
Beatrix Searles, 53, opted to have liposuction in Colombia because it was cheaper than at home in the US
Fox News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Celebrity surgeon went 'all in' on $180 million Bel Air mansion, then came the high-end housing glut
The high-end real estate market is suffering, with a glut of overbuilt and overpriced mansions in many of the country's most affluent ZIP codes.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Jimmy Carter won't teach Sunday School this week after all
The 94-year-old fell and fractured his hip at his home in Plains, Georgia, Monday morning and later underwent hip replacement surgery
CBS News. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Jimmy Carter won't teach Sunday school days after procedure
Former President Jimmy Carter has canceled plans to teach Sunday school just days after undergoing surgery for a broken hip
ABC News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Appeals court to decide surgery for Idaho transgender inmate
Attorneys for Idaho prison officials say doctors believe a transgender inmate who is suing for access to gender confirmation surgery is too mentally unstable to receive the irreversible medical procedure
ABC News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Weight loss surgery may work better for teens than adults
The damaging effects of obesity accumulate, and the risk of developing other diseases and dying prematurely rises the longer someone goes. But surgery is only really effective for the youngest.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- A Daunting Operation Offers Relief to Obese Teenagers
Gastric bypass surgery works as well in adolescents as it does in adults, researchers report. But the procedure requires a major commitment.
New York Times. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
Surgeon preparing to operate
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries