This Surgeon news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about surgeon and surgery news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Baxter Gets FDA Nod for Altapore Shape Bioactive Bone Graft
Baxter (BAX) receives FDA approval for Altapore Shape that will provide surgeons versatile options to advance the art of healing and boost clinical outcomes during a surgery
Zacks. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- This week on "Face the Nation," July 12, 2020
General Jerome Adams, Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego, and Former FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb appear on Sunday's "Face the Nation"
CBS News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- 'I can recover at home': Cosmetic surgeons see rise in patients amid pandemic
More people are having surgery
as they can work from home while they recover and hide behind masks.
BBC News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus Chicago: Second COVID-19 patient receives double-lung transplant through Northwestern Medicine
Northwestern Medicine surgeons have performed a second lung transplant on a COVID-19 patient.
ABC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: Planned ops in May fell by 80% in England
NHS England figures reveal how the pandemic has changed planned surgery, tests and A&E.
BBC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Trump's mother was 'never the same' after emergency surgery
Matriarch Mary Anne Trump's absence after her surgery
caused a schism in the Trump family and led to Donald becoming the man he is, writes niece Mary in her new book Too Much and Never Enough.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- LabCorp Launches At-Home Coronavirus Test Collection Kit
LabCorp (LH) claims this to be the first digital COVID-19 service that physicians can use to remotely diagnose patients before any surgery
Zacks. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Twin girls joined at head separated in rare surgery
Surgeons in Italy have successfully separated conjoined twins whose skulls were fused at the back, and who are now expected to go on to live normal lives.
Sky News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Bama OC Sarkisian recovering after heart surgery
Alabama offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian underwent heart surgery
last week and is expected to make a full recovery, the school announced on Tuesday.
ESPN. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Mayfair's original socialite's 1923 aesthetic doctor's surgery available to rent
Mayfair's first GP and aesthetics surgery, beloved by wealthy socialites and celebrities who dubbed it 'Dr Feelgood', has been transformed into a luxury mini-mansion to rent .
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Dodgers pitcher Jimmy Nelson set to undergo lumbar surgery
Jimmy Nelson, who signed with the Dodgers in the offseason, will not make his debut with the team when the season starts later this month.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Griffin Canning aims to break Angels' bad-luck streak with platelet-rich plasma injections
The Angels haven't had much recent success with players avoiding surgery
after platelet-rich plasma injections, but Griffin Canning could buck the trend.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- NYC doctors perform life-changing surgery for 3-year-old girl
3-year-old Betsaida was born with birth defects which caused her to have trouble breathing and eating.
ABC News. Saturday, 4 Jul 2020.
- Father of UFC's Nurmagomedov dies in Moscow
Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov, the father and trainer of UFC star Khabib Nurmagomedov who was diagnosed with coronavirus in May and had also undergone heart surgery, has died.
ESPN. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Surgeon general stops short of warning people to avoid crowds on Fourth of July
General Jerome Adams stopped short of advising people to avoid participating in large gatherings over the Fourth of July weekend, despite warnings from health officials that such events may spread the coronavirus.
CNBC. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries