This Surgeon news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about surgeon and surgery news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Ian Paterson: Plans for further breast surgeon compensation
A further 5,500 patients of Ian Paterson have been identified since he was jailed.
BBC News. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Ex-surgeon general says pandemic is "spiraling out of control again"
General Jerome Adams also called for the CDC to clarify its guidance on mask-wearing for those who are vaccinated.
CBS News. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Covid-19: Health trusts in appeal to off-duty staff
Health officials say some services and surgery
may be cancelled due to "extreme strain" from Covid admissions.
BBC News. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- Adams says pandemic is "spiraling out of control again" because of unvaccinated Americans
General Jerome Adams tells "Face the Nation" that Americans should get vaccinated because it will help Americans "enjoy the freedoms we want to return to."
CBS News. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- Source: Saints' Thomas could miss season start
Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas could miss the start of the 2021 regular season after undergoing ankle surgery
in June, a source told ESPN, confirming multiple reports.
ESPN. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Ree Drummond enjoys 'marital vacation' to Colorado with husband Ladd following his recovery from neck surgery
Ree and Ladd are on a much-needed vacation together after he recovered from neck surgery
Fox News. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- What do YOUR eyes say about your health?
Speaking to FEMAIL, opticians and eye surgeons have outlined the subtle changes and symptoms you could be missing that could signal a more significant issue.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- NuVasive (NUVA) Launches Modulus ALIF for Anterior Spine Surgery
The Modulus ALIF 3D-printed porous titanium implant is the latest addition to NuVasive's (NUVA) AMS portfolio for anterior lumbar interbody fusion procedures.
Zacks. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Medtronic's (MDT) Hugo RAS System Now Available at UC CHRISTUS
Recent integration of Medtronic's (MDT) Hugo RAS System at UC CHRISTUS is intended to support the teaching institution's new robotic surgery
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Marc Jacobs, 58, reveals he got a facelift by a celebrity surgeon while sharing a post-op snapshot
Jacobs shared the news on his personal Instagram account on Wednesday, posting a selfie that he snapped at his doctor's office the day before.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- YouTube to add labels to some health videos amid misinformation backlash
General last week called out social media companies for their role in surfacing false information about Covid-19 and vaccines.
CNBC. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- Biden tries to clarify comment that Facebook is 'killing people'
President Joe Biden tried to clean up his Friday comment that Facebook is "killing people" on the heels of the surgeon
general warning of misinformation around vaccines.
ABC News. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- Pope Francis appears at Vatican window 2 weeks after colon surgery
Two weeks after surgery
that removed a portion of his colon, Pope Francis on Sunday resumed his weekly appearances from a Vatican window to bless the faithful in St. Peter's Square.
ABC News. Sunday, 18 Jul 2021.
- Surgeon general: Facebook's efforts to combat COVID misinformation 'not enough'
The Biden administration continued its public feud with Facebook over whether the social media giant is appropriately addressing misinformation about the coronavirus pandemic, with Surgeon
General Dr. ...
Fox News. Sunday, 18 Jul 2021.
- L.A. Affairs: I didn't want to date him or anybody else
When the eye surgeon
called, leaving a message on my answering machine, I simply ignored it. I ignored his second call too, a few days later.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 17 Jul 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries