This Surfing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about surfing and surfer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Ivanka Trump hits son Theo in the face during surfing lesson in Miami
Ivanka, 39, was pictured enjoying a private surfing
lesson with her three children - Arabella, nine, Joseph, seven, and Theodore - on Sunday.
Daily Mail. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Surfers head to Norway to ride Arctic waves
Our series Pushing the Limits explores how surfers from around the world head to northern Norway for a perfect wave and a spiritual experience. Jonathan Vigliotti reports.
CBS News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Cast announced for ABC's 'The Ultimate Surfer' competition summer series
Former NFL quarterback Jesse Palmer is set to host the surf competition series with sports anchor Erin Coscarelli and the iconic voice of professional surfing
Joe Turpel to serve as commentators.
ABC News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Shark attack survivor wins right to keep tooth left in surfboard
Chris Bowes lost his leg but authorities return a tooth the shark left wedged in his board.
BBC News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Surfer Bethany Hamilton shares 'tricks' for caring for her kids with one arm
Bethany, 31, shared a candid Instagram post on Wednesday detailing the 'tricks and adaptations' she relies on to care for her children with just one arm.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- The Cribbar: The story behind Newquay's big wave surf spot
The Cribbar is a fearsome surf spot that demands respect from even the most experienced surfers.
BBC News. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Mick Fanning after shark attack: I'll surf again for sure
Defending world champion Mick Fanning learned the hard way that a surfer's paradise can -- in the blink of an eye -- become anything but. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 17 Apr 2021.
- They met in the DMs. Now they've sparked a movement to end racism in L.A. surf culture
Getting called a racial slur while surfing
Manhattan Beach changed how Justin 'Brick' Howze and Gage Crismond view their role in the sport.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 26 Mar 2021.
- Minneapolis surfer rescues man and dog from Lake Superior: 'It's completely surreal'
A Minneapolis man who was surfing
the choppy waters of Lake Superior helped save a man who was struggling in the water while trying to rescue a dog.
Fox News. Thursday, 25 Mar 2021.
- Shark bites 9-year-old boy who was body surfing in Miami Beach
"When I pulled him up, I noticed there was just a big chunk of skin missing from his shoulder." A 9-year old boy who was on a family vacation in Florida was attacked by a shark off Miami Beach.
ABC News. Tuesday, 23 Mar 2021.
- Olympic surfing hopeful Katherine Diaz dead at 22 after being struck by lightning in El Salvador
Katherine Diaz, a top El Salvadoran surfer
who was competing to make the Olympic team, died Saturday after being struck by lightning on a beach, her uncle said. She was 22.
Fox News. Tuesday, 23 Mar 2021.
- Surfer Katherine Diaz killed by lightning while training in El Salvador
Katherine Diaz, a 22-year-old surfer
from El Salvador, died Friday after being struck by lightning while training for an Olympic-qualifying event.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 22 Mar 2021.
- Olympic-hopeful surfer killed by lightning while training
who hoped to make this year's Olympics has been killed by lightning as she entered the water.
Sky News. Monday, 22 Mar 2021.
- Revealed: How the UK's third lockdown is very different from the first
UK adults are couch-surfing their way through the third coronavirus lockdown and are less happy than they were during the first, a major study suggests.
Sky News. Thursday, 28 Jan 2021.
- Aircraft could cut emissions by better surfing the wind
Researchers found flights between London and New York could have used up to 16% less fuel by more accurately following jet stream tailwinds or avoiding headwinds, at a fraction of the cost of other emissions-cutting technologies.
Science Daily. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries