This Surfing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about surfing and surfer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Hawaii Travel Update - A Brand-New Surfing Vacation Experience Comes To Oahu
Hawaii brought surfing
to the world. This winter, it is delivering a unique new surf experience to visitors.
Forbes. Saturday, 1 Oct 2022.
- Former professional surfer 'killed by punch outside pub'
An Australian former professional surfer
has died after allegedly being punched in the face outside a pub.
Sky News. Monday, 26 Sep 2022.
- New prosthetic arm surfing aid tested in Bristol
It is being trialled to help people with prosthetic arms enjoy sports such as surfing
BBC News. Saturday, 24 Sep 2022.
- Hilarious moment pregnant sea otter leaps on surfboard and snarls at the owner who tries get it back
A black pregnant otter can be seen occupying a surfers board while out on the Pacific Ocean off the Santa Cruz coast. The surfer
appears to be at a loss as to how to deal with the situation.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- Reasons to Retain FLEETCOR (FLT) Stock in Your Portfolio
The recent acquisition of Plugsurfing is expected to help FLEETCOR (FLT) expand into new customer segments with original equipment manufacturers and charge point operators.
Zacks. Tuesday, 20 Sep 2022.
- Hawaiian Surfer Kalani David, 24, dies from after having a seizure while out on the water
World junior surfing
champion Kalani David died in Costa Rica on Saturday after having a seizure while out in the ocean. The surfer
suffered from Wolf-Parkinson-White syndrome.
Daily Mail. Monday, 19 Sep 2022.
- Surfer Kalani David Has Seizure, Dies While Practicing In Costa Rica
'Kalani was one of the most talented surfers/skaters in the world...'
Daily Caller. Monday, 19 Sep 2022.
- Former world surfing champion Kalani David, 24, dies while practicing
The young American had Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, a congenital heart disease that can cause paralysis and seizures.
CBS News. Monday, 19 Sep 2022.
- Surfing in the California desert? Developer's plan sparks outrage over water use, drought
A developer plans to build a large surfing
pool in La Quinta. Critics argue it would require too much water as California grapples with drought.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 19 Sep 2022.
- Best action cameras 2022: Capture shots on the move and in the elements with these top choices
Action cameras are a great invention, rugged enough to tackle the elements but small enough to slide into your pocket.Whether you're snowboarding, surfing,
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 14 Sep 2022.
- Photos | Champions crowned at World Surfing League finals
Felipe Toledo wins his first World Surfing
League title in his hometown at San Clemente, while Stephanie Gilmore wins women's record eighth championship.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 10 Sep 2022.
- Aerial footage captures sea lion "surfing"
A drone in Australia caught the moment a sea lion surfed wave after wave as it went looking for food.
CBS News. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- Surf Champ Kelly Slater Triumphs At Four Seasons Maldives
For decades, Kelly Slater has ruled the waves. In his first visit to the Maldives, he just took the Four Seasons Maldives Surfing
Champions Trophy at Kuda Huraa.
Forbes. Thursday, 1 Sep 2022.
- The Untold Stories of Surfing's Trailblazing Women
The documentary 'Girls Can't Surf' examines the sexism women surfers faced in the 1980s and '90s
Smithsonian. Friday, 26 Aug 2022.
- The teenage Scot surfing the world's big waves
A new film has charted the rise of Tiree's surf star Ben Larg.
BBC News. Friday, 26 Aug 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries