This Surfing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about surfing and surfer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- SNL mocks dueling Trump, Biden town halls by channel surfing through event highlights in cold open
SNL took on President Trump and former VP Joe Biden's dueling Town Hall meetings earlier in the week during its cold open Saturday, zeroing in on real-life viral moments and odd behavior.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 18 Oct 2020.
- 'Cold Hawaii': Danish coast surfs on virus wave
On Denmark's rugged western coast, far from paradise islands in the tropics, "Cold Hawaii" has become the place to be for surfers stranded by travel restrictions during the coronavirus pandemic.
Yahoo. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Unsettling drone video shows surfer's close encounter with massive shark
A heart-pounding drone video shows a pro surfer's close encounter with an eight-foot shark. Matt Wilkinson was paddling off the coast of eastern Australia when the shark suddenly swam up behind him. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Second mysterious mass death of marine animals occurs off of Russian peninsula
Russia's Kamchatka Peninsula has experienced the second unexplained death of marine life in little over a week as surfers and swimmers complain of nausea and eye problems.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Bringing Perfect Waves to the Masses
Wavemakers have proved they can manufacture ideal surfing
conditions. But can they scale it?
New York Times. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Australian surfer missing, believed to be victim of shark attack
disappeared following a reported attack, leading authorities to believe the two events are related.
Fox News. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- What tiny surfing robots teach us about surface tension
Propelled by chemical changes in surface tension, microrobots surfing
across fluid interfaces lead researchers to new ideas.
Science Daily. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Surfer vanishes in suspected shark attack
A witness reported seeing the attack off Australia's southwest coast. A surfboard was found but not the surfer
CBS News. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Surfer missing after suspected shark attack in Australia
Police say a man is missing after a suspected shark attack off the southwest coast of Australia.
Sky News. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- If You Are Afraid of Sharks, Don't Watch This
In Australia, a drone captures footage of a five-foot white shark inches away from pro surfer
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- Drone captures moment shark swam within inches of unsuspecting surfer
Chilling drone footage befitting of a scene from Jaws has shown a great white shark swimming inches away from a swimmer who was unaware the creature was circling around him.
Sky News. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- Matt Wilkinson: Former pro-surfer survives close call with shark
Matt Wilkinson was alerted to the shark by lifeguards using a drone.
BBC News. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- Fears That Rocket Fuel Behind Marine Disaster In Russia's Far East
Dead fish, crabs, and even seals have been washing up on the shores of the Kamchatka Peninsula in Russia's Far East, with locals and surfers reporting health issues. ...
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
- 'Exhausted' surfers pulled from sea off Aberdeen after two hours
The alarm is raised by members of the public as they are spotted drifting out to sea off Aberdeen.
BBC News. Sunday, 27 Sep 2020.
- Man's surfboard, lost in Hawaii, found 5,000 miles away in Philippines
from Hawaii lost his prized board in 2018 and it was found in the Philippines more than two years later.
Fox News. Monday, 21 Sep 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries