This Surfing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about surfing and surfer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- California attorney general launches investigation into Orange County oil spill
Stretches of sand in Newport Beach and Huntington Beach reopened to swimmers and surfers as cleanup crews continued combing the shores for oil and tar Monday.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- California surfer describes how he fought off 10ft-long great white shark
Eric Steinley, 38, punched a Great White Shark in the face after being bitten and dragged under water at Bodega Bay in Northern California on Sunday.
Daily Mail. Friday, 8 Oct 2021.
- Morocco holidays: The cool beach town of Taghazout Bay was once a rundown fishing village
Taghazout Bay has been popular with surfers since the Sixties, and the easy-going vibe extends to the bay's flurry of new hotels. 'Spectacular landscapes are all around,' Tamara Hinson reveals.
Daily Mail. Friday, 8 Oct 2021.
- Researchers tag juvenile great white sharks off California beach to find out why they thrive there
Juvenile great white sharks swim in peace alongside surfers and families. CBS News correspondent Carter Evans tags along with researchers who are working to figure out why.
CBS News. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- Shark Attacks Surfer Off California Coast
'Kind of like a dolphin peaking up'
Daily Caller. Monday, 4 Oct 2021.
- Surfer attacked by shark in California: "He had a struggle with it"
"I saw the dorsal fin of the shark and then I saw the tail fin of the shark kind of going down into the water," a witness told CBS San Francisco.
CBS News. Monday, 4 Oct 2021.
- What it was like to surf on day of Orange County oil spill: Frantic dolphins, exhaust smell
What it was like to be surfing
the morning of the Orange County oil spill. In a word: surreal.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 3 Oct 2021.
- 52 of the best GoPro photos in the world, prepare to lose your breath
and skydiving to animal close-ups and stunning scenery, this gallery has some breathtaking images that we only get to see thanks to the GoPro.No
Pocket Lint. Monday, 27 Sep 2021.
- ICYMI: Surfing dogs and Spain's 'ugliest tomato' contest
Dogs are making a splash in our round-up of the stories you may have missed this week.
BBC News. Sunday, 19 Sep 2021.
- Learn surf lingo with cast of ABC's 'The Ultimate Surfer' | EXCLUSIVE
Ever wonder what "dawn patrol" means? Or what a "kook" is? Learn popular surf lingo in this exclusive clip.
ABC News. Tuesday, 14 Sep 2021.
- China's Covid-fuelled surfing boom
Coronavirus restrictions limiting foreign travel lead to a boom in people riding the waves in China.
BBC News. Monday, 13 Sep 2021.
- Some experienced surfers 'no longer want to go in water' after Australia's latest fatal shark attack
A man has died after being attacked by a shark off Australia's eastern coast.
Sky News. Sunday, 5 Sep 2021.
- Photographer and Cinematographer Capture Black Surfers
A photographer and a water cinematographer combined their talents to document skills, thrills and a sense of solidarity.
New York Times. Thursday, 2 Sep 2021.
- 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Review: A Feeling I Don't Wanna Lose
This is a vehicle meant for surfers and bikers and really anyone who likes having four enclosed seats that feel like you're in an SUV when you're driving, along with an open truck bed to put those surfboards or bikes.
Forbes. Tuesday, 31 Aug 2021.
- South Africa's silver surfer Bianca Buitendag inspired by mom's cancer fight
Buitendag won silver against all odds, and promptly retired minutes later.
ESPN. Monday, 30 Aug 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries