This Surfing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about surfing and surfer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Boy, 11, has both legs sliced off in 'train surfing' horror in Russia
WARNING - GRAPHIC CONTENT: Arkady Aksenov fell onto the track while riding on the moving freight carriages in Russia, leading to a collision which tore off his entire left leg severed his right one.
Daily Mail. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Zuckerberg's wife shows off her surfing skills in Hawaii after Trump banned from Facebook
Priscilla Chan, 35, who is married to the Facebook co-founder worth $98.3 billion, was seen taking on some small breakers on a sunny Wednesday afternoon in the Aloha state.
Daily Mail. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Pro surfer rushes into ocean to make dramatic rescue
Mikey Wright talks to "World News Tonight" about helping rescue a woman struggling in the waters of Oahu's North Shore.
ABC News. Saturday, 2 Jan 2021.
- Australian surfer Mikey Wright rescues woman from Hawaii waves
Mikey Wright told the BBC rescuing a woman from 'sharp rocks and waves' on a beach in Hawaii.
BBC News. Saturday, 2 Jan 2021.
- Legendary windsurfer Robby Naish asks $18 million for Hawaii estate
Windsurfing icon Robby Naish is offering up his slice of paradise in Hawaii, asking $18 million for his 73-acre compound overlooking the ocean.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 30 Dec 2020.
- Twenty-Four Ways to Turn Outdoor Passions Into Citizen Science
Heading into the new year, consider collecting scientific data while skiing, hiking, surfing, biking and partaking in other adventures
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020.
- Ten Scientific Discoveries From 2020 That May Lead to New Inventions
From soaring snakes to surfing
suckerfish, nature is an endless source of inspiration
Smithsonian. Monday, 28 Dec 2020.
- Glastonbury to gallery: 60ft Dolls drummer Carl Bevan turns to art
The crowd-surfing hedonistic punk has gone from Britpop party animal to promising painter.
BBC News. Sunday, 27 Dec 2020.
- Christmas in Florida: Cold temps, falling iguanas & no surfing Santas
With unexpectedly cold weather in the forecast and pandemic-related curfews in some places, Florida is about to have a Christmas unlike any other in recent memory, and it may involve falling iguanas.
Fox News. Thursday, 24 Dec 2020.
- Snowboard icon: Sports are great with or without Olympics
To all those surfers, rock climbers, skateboarders and, now, break dancers, who dream of taking their act to the Olympics soon, one of history's best snowboarders has a message: Your sports are great with or without the rings.
Fox News. Saturday, 12 Dec 2020.
- Surfer Dies After Shark Attack in Hawaii
The 56-year-old man died a day after the attack in Maui. A surf competition scheduled in the area later that day was postponed and moved.
New York Times. Friday, 11 Dec 2020.
- Breakdancing will make Olympic debut at 2024 Paris Games
Also confirmed for Paris by the IOC executive board were skateboarding, sport climbing, and surfing
CBS News. Tuesday, 8 Dec 2020.
- 'Breaking' news: Breakdancing added as an event for 2024 Paris Olympics
International Olympic Committee leaders announce that breakdancing, surfing, skateboarding and sport climbing have been added to the Paris 2024 program.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 7 Dec 2020.
- Breakdancing To Become Olympic Sport For The First Time In 2024
Breaking, surfing, skateboarding and sports climbing were all approved for Paris 2024.
Forbes. Monday, 7 Dec 2020.
- Surfer Attacked By Shark In Australia Manages To Swim To Shore, Walks 1000 Feet For Help
'I'm optimistic I'll make a full recovery'
Daily Caller. Monday, 7 Dec 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries