This Surfing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about surfing and surfer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Founders of Three Arrows, Failed Crypto Fund, Are Living Large
The implosion of Three Arrows Capital, a cryptocurrency hedge fund, devastated the industry. Its two founders spent the next year surfing, meditating and traveling the world.
New York Times. Saturday, 10 Jun 2023.
- Twenty-one photographs that show why Australia is the beach capital of the WORLD
These are beaches worth travelling the globe for. There is a 121-mile-long beach, a strip of sand that hosts the longest-running surfing
contest, and a beach that was voted the best in the world in 2023.
Daily Mail. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Aviator Nation Owner Is Richer Than Ever As SoCal Surfer Brand Arrives In New York
Paige Mycoskie, who is now worth an estimated $380 million, unveils expansion plans for her trendy clothing brand including new stores and product lines.
Forbes. Saturday, 3 Jun 2023.
- Daniel Anderson: Former St Helens coach left paralysed after surfing accident
Former St Helens coach Daniel Anderson says he is lucky to be alive after being left a quadriplegic in a bodysurfing accident in Australia.
BBC News. Sunday, 28 May 2023.
- How to stay safe from shoulder surfing PIN thieves
Britons are being urged to be on the lookout for criminals who are intent on stealing mobile phones in order to unleash havoc on their financial and banking apps.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 23 May 2023.
- Mobile fraud: Thieves 'shoulder surfing' victims to steal phones
Criminals are exploiting our frequent use of banking apps on mobile phones, a senior fraud officer warns.
BBC News. Sunday, 21 May 2023.
- Hawaii Travel Update: 5 Reasons The New Twin Fin Waikiki Hotel Is Perfect For Surfers
The new motto of the Twin Fin is 'Check In, Paddle Out.'
Forbes. Wednesday, 17 May 2023.
- Coast Guard rescues surfer off Texas coast
The U.S. Coast Guard rescued a surfer
by helicopter after big waves pushed him out to sea.
CBS News. Monday, 1 May 2023.
- Texas surfer pushed offshore by strong winds rescued by Coast Guard
The 20-year-old surfer
had to be airlifted to safety on Saturday.
CBS News. Sunday, 30 Apr 2023.
- The Times podcast: How trans surfers find community
Trans surfers are beginning to find community among themselves in a sport that too often isolates and even shuns them
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 28 Apr 2023.
- A Case of the Disappearing Waves
Surfers are bearing witness to how climate change and human interventions are altering coastlines. One community in North Florida watched its revered waves disappear seemingly overnight.
New York Times. Monday, 10 Apr 2023.
- WATCH: Dolphins dive in and out of waves alongside surfers
A pod of dolphins is seen leaping in and out of waves alongside surfers near Wategos Beach in Byron Bay, Australia.
ABC News. Sunday, 26 Mar 2023.
- Kitesurfing Californians found the perfect beach in Baja. Then they gentrified it
A quirk of geography has created a spot in southern Baja with nearly perfect winds for kitesurfing. In the last few years, Californians have built a thriving outpost there. Is the growth sustainable?
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 7 Mar 2023.
- Surfing Legend Dies Riding Big Wave In Portugal
Rescuers attempted 'resuscitation maneuvers on the sand'
Daily Caller. Friday, 6 Jan 2023.
- Veteran surfer, one of the 'Mad Dogs', dies riding waves in Portugal
Tributes have been paid to a veteran surfer
who has died while riding waves in Portugal.
Sky News. Friday, 6 Jan 2023.
News Headlines and News Summaries