This Surfing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about surfing and surfer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Surfer Kelly Slater has 'no chance' of competing in Australia if he doesn't get the Covid jab
Sports Minister Richard Colbeck has warned that surfing
legend Kelly Slater has 'no chance' of competing in Australia if he refuses to get vaccinated against Covid.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Dryrobe: The Latest Sportsbrand To Hit Fashion Heights
Just why have dryrobes, designed to keep surfers and cold water swimmers dry, become a high fashion item?
Forbes. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Tsunami advisory lifted for US West Coast after underwater volcano erupts in South Pacific
Police rescued a surfer
whose board broke in powerful waves off the coast of San Francisco.
ABC News. Sunday, 16 Jan 2022.
- Land Meets Sea At The $15-Million Hawaii Home Of Windsurfer Great Robby Naish
The Hawaii estate of the legendary Robby Naish, which includes a half-mile of rocky coastline, is for sale at US $15 million.
Forbes. Tuesday, 11 Jan 2022.
- PICTURED: Surfer, 42, killed by great white shark off California coast on Christmas Eve
Although he was the only fatal shark attack victim in the U.S. in 2021, the death of California boogie boarder Tomas Butterfield, 42, has unnerved the surfing
Daily Mail. Monday, 3 Jan 2022.
- 'We've lost Tom': Fatal shark attack in Morro Bay devastates family and alarms surfers
A family grieves and a surfing
community is wary after a great white shark kills a 42-year-old body boarder in Morro Bay on Christmas Eve.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 2 Jan 2022.
- 52 of the best GoPro photos in the world, prepare to lose your breath
and skydiving to animal close-ups and stunning scenery, this gallery has some breathtaking images that we only get to see thanks to the GoPro.No
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 29 Dec 2021.
- Surfer killed in apparent shark attack in California
Beachgoers in Morro Bay area are ordered to stay out of the water after an accident on Christmas Eve.
BBC News. Saturday, 25 Dec 2021.
- Surfer killed in California 'shark attack' as swimmers told to stay out of water
has been killed in an "apparent shark attack" off the central coast of California on Christmas Eve, authorities have said.
Sky News. Saturday, 25 Dec 2021.
- REPORT: Shark Kills Surfer On Christmas Eve
The male victim was pronounced dead at the scene
Daily Caller. Saturday, 25 Dec 2021.
- Surfer killed in apparent great-white shark attack in Morro Bay, police say
Authorities say a surfer
has died after an apparent shark attack in Morro Bay on California's Central Coast on Friday.
ABC News. Saturday, 25 Dec 2021.
- Surfer killed in apparent great white shark attack off California coast on Christmas Eve
An unidentified man was killed Friday by an apparent great white shark attack while surfing
in Morro Bay, California, according to authorities.
Fox News. Saturday, 25 Dec 2021.
- Ultra-rare, bizarre fish that washed ashore near San Diego is California's third this year
in Encinitas found the blob-like anglerfish last week. Scientists don't know why so many of the deep-sea fish are turning up.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 16 Dec 2021.
- Haverfordwest: Fourth paddleboarder dies and woman arrested
About 1,000 surfers join tribute, as woman is arrested on suspicion of gross negligence manslaughter.
BBC News. Saturday, 6 Nov 2021.
- Senegalese Surfer Makes Waves as Surfboard Shaper
Senegal has all the makings of a vibrant surf scene: consistent breaks, warm water and a friendly, inviting culture. But without access to the raw materials needed to shape their own boards, many miss out on the fun. ...
Voice of America. Tuesday, 2 Nov 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries