This Surfing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about surfing and surfer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'The best-kept secret in the State Department.' How sports help U.S. diplomats
The U.S. has sent surfers to Papua New Guinea, Shaquille O'Neal to Cuba and organized sports camps around the world to forge better relationships.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 29 Jan 2023.
- Windsurfer relocates to Tenerife due to sewage
British windsurfer Sarah Jackson says she has relocated from the south coast of England to Tenerife for the winter because she was "surfing in sewage everyday".
BBC News. Friday, 27 Jan 2023.
- Huge Hawaii waves enable "Super Bowl of Surfing" to be held
It was the first time in seven years the waves met the required minimum of 40 feet. A Honolulu city lifeguard beat out the reigning champ to win.
CBS News. Monday, 23 Jan 2023.
- Surfing Legend Dies Riding Big Wave In Portugal
Rescuers attempted 'resuscitation maneuvers on the sand'
Daily Caller. Friday, 6 Jan 2023.
- Marcio Freire, Renowned Brazilian Surfer, Dies in Portugal
Mr. Freire began surfing
at an early age and starred in a 2016 documentary on the sport. He was 47.
New York Times. Friday, 6 Jan 2023.
- Marcio Freire death: 'Mad Dog' surfer dies at Portugal's Nazare
Marcio Freire was practising tow-in surfing
at the famed coastal hotspot in western Portugal when he fell, the local maritime authority said.
Daily Mail. Friday, 6 Jan 2023.
- Veteran surfer, one of the 'Mad Dogs', dies riding waves in Portugal
Tributes have been paid to a veteran surfer
who has died while riding waves in Portugal.
Sky News. Friday, 6 Jan 2023.
- Surfer creates island eco-haven with ancient knowhow
How the purchase of a plot of land on Panama's coast set a surfer
on a journey towards reforestation.
BBC News. Monday, 2 Jan 2023.
- Surfer picks up beached shark and carries creature back to the water in Victoria
Paul Myles is being hailed a hero for risking his life by picking up a stranded shark and carrying it back to the water, in a bizarre incident filmed by a fellow beachgoer.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 1 Jan 2023.
- 5 Life Lessons From Iconic Hawaiian Big Wave Surfer Eddie Aikau
Big wave surfer
Eddie Aikau's selfless courage embodies the spirit of aloha. This winter marks the 20th anniversary of the publication of "Eddie Would Go," the biography of Aikau. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 27 Dec 2022.
- Frigid weather doesn't stop Santas surfing off Florida coast
Surf's up! Despite the frigid cold, a bunch of Santas picked up a surf board instead of a sleigh and took to the beach.
ABC News. Saturday, 24 Dec 2022.
- Ashley Bickerton, Unflinchingly Honest About His Work and Illness
Last words (and works) of the artist diagnosed with ALS in 2021. A devoted surfer, he chose to live remotely in Bali, away from the buzz. It found him anyway.
New York Times. Monday, 12 Dec 2022.
- How a blind surfer got over his fear of wiping out (and you can too)
Pete Gustin proudly wears a "blind surfer" rash guard. His YouTube fans embrace his adventurous spirit, but he's still sometimes hounded by haters in the water.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 12 Dec 2022.
- Indoor-Outdoor Home Captures The Best Of California Coastal Living
The coastal Southern California city of Newport Beach benefits from its bordering resource with a harbor, surfing
and two piers.
Forbes. Saturday, 10 Dec 2022.
- The 5 best iPad keyboard cases of 2022
A keyboard case can be an excellent way to make your scrolling more convenient and efficient, whether you are working or surfing
the web. ...
ZDNet. Thursday, 8 Dec 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries