This Surfing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about surfing and surfer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Surfer, 17, dies after he was mauled by shark
A 17-year-old surfer
has died following a shark attack off the New South Wales coast of Australia, police say.
Sky News. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Shark kills teenage surfer in Australia's New South Wales
Nearby by surfers rushed to his aid but first aid efforts on the beach failed to save his life.
BBC News. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Surfer, 15, dies after being attacked by a shark near Coffs Harbour - as police retrieve board
Mani Hart-Deville, 15, was surfing
at Wooli Beach, near Grafton on the NSW North Coast when his legs were bitten just before 2.30pm on Saturday.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Here's why you can trust NordVPN
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) are incredibly useful bits of software that let you mask your identity on the web, surfing
in anonymity and privacy as
Pocket Lint. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Retiring Utah pastor brings caring, courage to causes
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - It was not until Aug. 7, 1970, when his brother, Ken, was buried alive while sand-surfing down a Michigan dune, that Steve Klemz began to lean toward the ministry. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Pro surfer abducted and raped for two months on a houseboat in India
Carmen Greentree was just 22 when she travelled from Sydney to India in 2004 and was tricked into staying on a houseboat by abusers posing as tourism operators, where she was raped every night.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 4 Jul 2020.
- How Jarvis Cocker made an isolation anthem by accident
The former Pulp man on his "alive album", domestic discos, and embracing crowd surfing
in his 50s.
BBC News. Saturday, 4 Jul 2020.
- NETGEAR Deploys Latest WiFi System to Enhance Orbi Portfolio
NETGEAR (NTGR) launches next-gen Orbi WiFi 6 technology powered AX4200 Tri-band Mesh Systems to address streaming, gaming and surfing
needs of various households with seamless coverage.
Zacks. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Surfing vicar sets up drive-in church service
A vicar with a passion for surfing
has created his own drive-in church service in a car park in Newquay, Cornwall.
Sky News. Sunday, 21 Jun 2020.
- U.S. Open of Surfing in Huntington Beach is canceled amid COVID-19 pandemic
Organizers have canceled the Vans U.S. Open of Surfing, an annual event near the Huntington Beach for 60 years, because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 15 Jun 2020.
- 10-foot-long shark attacks, kills 60-year old surfer
A man has died after witnesses say he was mauled by a 10-foot-long shark while surfing
in the waters off the coast of Australia.
ABC News. Sunday, 7 Jun 2020.
- 10-foot great white shark kills surfer in Australia
A 60-year-old surfer
was attacked and killed by a 10-foot great white shark off the coast of New South Wales state on Sunday, according to officials.
Yahoo. Sunday, 7 Jun 2020.
- Plastic surge in virus lockdown frustrates Thai activist
It has been months since Thailand's former national windsurfer and environmentalist Amara Wichithong last paddled her stand-up board and collected trash from a creek connecting the residential area where she lives to the sea.
Reuters. Monday, 18 May 2020.
- Several Surfers Are Found Dead in the Netherlands
At least five bodies were found or seen in the foamy waters off the beach resort of Scheveningen, a district of The Hague.
New York Times. Wednesday, 13 May 2020.
- Elliott: How hockey, surfing and soap made one college student a natural role model
Instead of merely imagining a science project, Hogan Peters used his experience with making all-natural board wax to create bars of soap instead.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 12 May 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries