This Surfing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about surfing and surfer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Tokyo Olympics: Great Britain's Emma Wilson wins bronze in women's windsurfing
Great Britain's Emma Wilson celebrates a bronze medal on her Olympic debut in the women's windsurfing event at Tokyo 2020.
BBC News. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Hunter Biden, 51, dons a VERY tight wetsuit and hits the beach with surf legend Strider Wasilewski
Hunter Biden, 51, was spotted on Wednesday surfing
with a friend and with legendary Californian surfer
Slider Wasilewski, 49. Wasilewski was giving the beginner Biden some hints and helping him out.
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- From Biles to Osaka, softball to swimming, inside a wild 24 hours at the Tokyo Olympics
Simone, softball, surfing, swimming. Disappointments, history, highlights. It was a lot. The fifth day of the 2021 Olympic took a wild, dramatic turn.
ESPN. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Carissa Moore, Italo Ferreira Win Surfing Gold
Unpredictable waters churned up by a tropical storm led organizers to cram the quarterfinals, semifinals and medal matches into one day.
New York Times. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Olympic gold medalist Carissa Moore among famous alumni who attended Punahou School
The US's Carissa Moore became the first women's surfing
Olympic gold medalist today. Moore went to the same school where former President Barack Obama and golfer Michelle Wie attended.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- American Carissa Moore wins first Olympic women's surfing gold
She was a child prodigy from Hawaii who grew up to be the youngest world champion surfer
and a four-time world champ.
CBS News. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Tokyo Olympics 2021: American surfer Carissa Moore takes home gold in sport's debut
American Carissa Moore made history Tuesday when she won a gold medal in Olympic surfing
Fox News. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- American Carissa Moore wins first-ever women's Olympic surfing gold
Carissa Moore became the first woman to win a gold medal in surfing
at the Olympics, defeating South Africa's Bianca Buitendag.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Medina and Ferreira Post Big Surfing Scores as Storm Rolls In
Several rounds of competition were jammed into one day as a tropical storm churned off the east coast of central Japan.
New York Times. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- A look at the history of surfing, one of the world's oldest sports
is making its Olympic debut in Tokyo. But one of the newest Olympic sports has a very long history in the host nation of Japan. Lucy Craft takes a look at the history of the sport.
CBS News. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Tokyo Olympics: Surfers Italo Ferreira & Hiroto Ohhara ride big waves
Watch Italo Ferreira and Hiroto Ohhara ride big waves as a tropical storm hits the Tsurigasaki surfing
beach during the Tokyo Olympics.
BBC News. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Meet Curvy Surfer Girl, The Movement Making Waves For Plus-Size Athletes
Elizabeth Sneed is expanding the traditional surfer
image with a community determined to make surfwear more inclusive.
Forbes. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- U.S. surfers feeling a bit 'emotional' in their 'surreal' Olympic moment
Getting the chance to finally compete in the Olympics has been special for the U.S. surfing
team, which saw all of its qualifiers advance Sunday.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- See Skateboarders And Surfers Make Their Olympic Debut In Tokyo (Photos)
It's the first Games to include the two popular extreme sports.
Forbes. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- Female surfers overcome sexism's toll to earn Olympic berth
Johanne Defay of France was devastated when the mega sponsor Roxy dropped her right before she became a pro surfer
in 2014, shattering her confidence and threatening her career altogether.
Fox News. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries