This Surfing news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about surfing and surfer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- A remarkable arrival in Casablanca
From Moroccan traditions, the ocean, the beach, surfing, mosques, Moorish architectural masterpieces and Art Deco, the list of Casablanca's riches is endless. ...
Hsyndicate. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- New Jersey surfers rescue deer as it's lashed by waves in ocean
The animal was seen up to its neck in the choppy, freezing Atlantic Ocean off Belmar, New Jersey. One would-be rescuer rushed in to try and haul it out but the receding tide made it impossible.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Surfer killed by shark off coast of France's Reunion island: officials
A surfer was killed on Thursday after he was attacked by a shark off the coast of France, officials said.
Fox News. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Google Doodle honors legendary surfer Eddie Aikau, savior of hundreds of lives - CNET
The only life he ever lost in a rescue attempt was his own.
CNET. Saturday, 4 May 2019.
- Surf therapy for children in the UK
Doctors in the UK can now prescribe surfing therapy for children with poor mental health.
BBC News. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- How Kassia Meador is redefining women's surfing
On a breezy Sunday evening in April, about a dozen men and women were floating on blue foam noodles in a mineral pool at Two Bunch Palms, a quaint spa in Desert Hot Springs. ...
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- Sydneysiders find their happy place catching a wave on 'Fluoro Friday'
The sun is rising over Sydney's Bondi Beach and surfer Grant Trebilco, clad in a colorful striped long-sleeved shirt and bright yellow shorts with black polka dots, has just caught his first wave.
Reuters. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- Surfer Sunny Garcia is hospitalized in intensive care, World Surf League announces
Hawaiian surfing star Sunny Garcia has been hospitalized, the World Surf League revealed Monday night on Twitter. The league did not offer any details on why he is in the intensive care unit at a Portland, Ore., hospital. ...
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- Corruption claims, mailbox send Hawaii power couple to trial
HONOLULU (AP) - He was Honolulu's Rolex-wearing police chief, an avid surfer who chatted with beat cops in Pidgin, Hawaii's creole language. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 29 Apr 2019.
- Surfer loses his Apple Watch and is reunited with it SIX MONTHS later
Robert Bainter, an frequent surfer at Huntington Beach, California, used the device to monitor his activity and stats and lost it to a huge wave.
Daily Mail. Friday, 26 Apr 2019.
- Paddleboarder guilty of assaulting surfer in wave dispute
A paddleboarder has been convicted of assault for hitting a surfer with his paddle during an argument over a wave off the Southern California coast.
Fox News. Thursday, 18 Apr 2019.
- Rip Curl turns to cloud-based PLM platform for global collaboration
Surfing sportswear company Rip Curl will replace its legacy PLM system with a single collaborative platform to connect its global network and speed time to market.
Just Style. Thursday, 18 Apr 2019.
- Governor says surfing can connect California and El Salvador
California Gov. Gavin Newsom sees surfing as a way to help El Salvador provide more economic opportunities for its people
ABC News. Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019.
- Surfing: Dude, where's my sea? Landlocked Mongolia catches the wave
Landlocked Mongolia has become the latest country to join the International Surfing Association, taking the world body's total membership to 106 nations on five continents.
Reuters. Thursday, 4 Apr 2019.
- Forbes 30 Under 30: Asia's Female Athletes Are Changing The Game
From tennis to soccer, surfing and rugby -- sportswomen from Asia are excelling in every sport. Check out the trailblazers who are breaking stereotypes and setting new records.
Forbes. Monday, 1 Apr 2019.
Surfing on an awesome wave
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries