This Surfboard news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about surfboards from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Shark takes bite out of surfboard as Hawaii teen escapes attack by inches
A 16-year-old surfer was inches away from becoming the latest victim of a shark attack over the weekend in Hawaii.
Fox News. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Three airlifted to hospital after Balmedie beach rescue
The alarm was raised amid fears an adult and child had drifted out to sea on a surfboard.
BBC News. Monday, 5 Aug 2019.
- Surfer flies above the River Thames on a hover board
An alternate surfer zooms down the River Thames, near Hampton, Greater London on a hovering surfboard. The board is called a hydrofoil and can travel at speeds of 25mph.
Daily Mail. Monday, 5 Aug 2019.
- Great white shark rescued by South African surfers, lifeguards after getting trapped on rocky coast
A group of lifeguards and surfers had to carry a baby great white shark on a surfboard
in order to save it from being trapped in a rocky area of the South African coast.
Fox News. Thursday, 11 Apr 2019.
- Bali surfer picks up huge pile of plastic waste from ocean in just 40 seconds
Rebecca Gillmore, from Wirral, Merseyside, picked up items including plastic bags and straws, and laid them out on her surfboard
as she paddled through what she described as a 'plastic soup'.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019.
- Elon Musk's latest offering: $1,500 Tesla surfboards
Tesla, the electric car company headed by billionaire Elon Musk, briefly took to selling surfboards
through its online store this weekend.
Sky News. Monday, 30 Jul 2018.
- Cruz Foam Made From Shrimp Shells Could Help Keep Beaches Clean
Cruz Foam CEO John Felts is a surfer, and most surfboards
are made from the bad kind of foam, which takes more than 500 years to degrade. ...
Forbes. Monday, 14 May 2018.
- New board for young surfer after online photo goes viral
A Ni-Vanuatu boy who captured online attention after progressing into the final stages of a local surfing competition with an old, duct-taped surfboard
is gifted a new board from a fellow surf enthusiast in New Zealand.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Tuesday, 24 Apr 2018.
Surfboards & Surfwear News Headlines and News Summaries