This Surfboard news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about surfboards from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Great white shark rescued by South African surfers, lifeguards after getting trapped on rocky coast
A group of lifeguards and surfers had to carry a baby great white shark on a surfboard in order to save it from being trapped in a rocky area of the South African coast.
Fox News. Thursday, 11 Apr 2019.
- Southwest flights to Hawaii: 12 things travelers need to know
Yes, bags will fly free (though surfboards don't). No, you won't be served mahi mahi or free mai tais.
Yahoo. Thursday, 7 Mar 2019.
- Artist, 29, earns money by drawing on cafe walls, surfboards, fences and park benches
Tere Gottlieb, based in Byron Bay, breathes life back into colourless and boring park benches, cafe walls and old surfboards with a set of permanent markers.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 27 Jan 2019.
- Shocking brain scans show the tip of a surfboard in a man's skull when he tried to catch a wave
The unnamed man, 45, dived under a wave on Manly beach, Sydney, not knowing there was a stray surfboard in it. He was hit head on by an incoming wave travelling at 10-to-18km/hour.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 Dec 2018.
- Meet Europe's 'only woman surfboard shaper'
Ellie Miller, believed to be Europe's only woman commercial surfboard shaper, talks about her job.
BBC News. Friday, 23 Nov 2018.
- Surfer fends off shark that bit his leg at Australian beach
A man has used his surfboard to fend off a shark that bit him on his calf off an Australian beach two days after a fatal attack on the Great Barrier Reef.
Fox News. Wednesday, 7 Nov 2018.
- Eduardo Bolioli is Four Seasons O'ahu's First Artist-In-Residence
The O'ahu-based Uruguayan artist began as a surfboard painter for professional surfers and now has an international reputation for his depictions of island life.
Forbes. Wednesday, 31 Oct 2018.
- Father Rescues Daughter Bitten by Shark
A father rescued his daughter after she was bitten by a shark Sunday near a North Carolina island, using a surfboard to ferry her to a beach after the attack.
Newsmax. Tuesday, 7 Aug 2018.
- Electric Surfboards Do Away With Waves
High-speed electric surfboards are doing away with waves and making it possible to zip across the water and draw out power carves even when the surf's not up.
Newsmax. Thursday, 2 Aug 2018.
- Tesla's limited-edition surfboard sells out in just one day
Tesla's limited-edition surfboard, created to help the company stay afloat, sold out in just one day. USA Today reports.
CNBC. Monday, 30 Jul 2018.
- Tesla Launches a $1,500 Surfboard
Only 200 boards were made available, and they sold out almost immediately.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 30 Jul 2018.
- Elon Musk's latest offering: $1,500 Tesla surfboards
Tesla, the electric car company headed by billionaire Elon Musk, briefly took to selling surfboards through its online store this weekend.
Sky News. Monday, 30 Jul 2018.
- Making Surfboards in the Rockaways
At Marina 59 in Queens, custom surfboards are handmade from blank pieces of foam in a multistep process that takes two to three days.
New York Times. Thursday, 26 Jul 2018.
- Who Needs Waves? Electric Surfboarding Is The Next Big Thing In Watersports, And Here's Why
What do you get when you cross a surfboard and a jetski? Only the coolest thing ever.
Forbes. Friday, 29 Jun 2018.
- 8 best Montauk vacation rentals
Grab your surfboard and head on out.
ABC News. Friday, 18 May 2018.
Surfboard on a beach
Related Directory Page(s)
Surfboards & Surfwear News Headlines and News Summaries