This Sugar news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about sugar news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- New imaging method reveals HIV's sugary shield in unprecedented detail
Scientists have devised a method for mapping in unprecedented detail the thickets of slippery sugar
molecules that help shield HIV from the immune system. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Photographer sues handlers of University of Texas' mascot after he was permanently injured by steer
Nick Wagner says he suffered permanent neck and back injuries after the University of Texas mascot Bevo XV charged into him and several other people at the 2019 Sugar
Bowl on January 1.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte has TWICE your daily recommended sugar
UK coffee shops have launched their autumnal menus so customers can enjoy American-style hot drinks in the run up to Halloween. But do you know how much sugar
your drink contains?
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Could excessive sugar intake contribute to aggressive behaviors, ADHD, bipolar disorder?
New research suggests that conditions such as attention deficit hyperactivity syndrome (ADHD), bipolar disorder, and even aggressive behaviors may be linked with sugar
intake, and that it may have an evolutionary basis.
Science Daily. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Kent Police detective sacked over 'flirty' messages to victim
Det Sgt Jonathan Pearce asked a victim of attempted rape about becoming her "sugar daddy".
BBC News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Sugar reduction in food well below target of 20%
Between 2015 and 2019 it fell by just 3% overall, according to a Public Health England report.
BBC News. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- Subway bread isn't bread, court says
Court rules that the bread sold by Subway contains too much sugar
to be categorized as a "staple food," which is not taxed.
CBS News. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- Subway sandwich bread is not legally bread, Irish court rules in tax dispute
Ireland's Supreme Court ruled that the bread contains so much sugar
that it cannot be legally defined as bread for tax reasons.
ABC News. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- Coca-Cola or 'bottled poison'? Mexico finds a COVID-19 villain in big soda
Mexican leaders link rampant Coca-Cola consumption to COVID-19 deaths, blaming sugar
for causing comorbidities such as obesity and diabetes.
Yahoo. Sunday, 23 Aug 2020.
- The Economy Is On A Sugar High, With 28 Million Unemployed
The economy remains on a free-money induced sugar
high. We have yet to see the worst of the Recession, and when we do, the Fed will have little choice but to print more money.
Forbes. Saturday, 22 Aug 2020.
- Coffee, sugar and cocoa prices are all clawing out a recovery: Here's why
Soft commodities such as coffee, sugar
and cocoa have broadly rallied over the past few weeks, steadying after a period of sharp volatility at the height of the coronavirus crisis.
CNBC. Friday, 21 Aug 2020.
- Can Artificial Sweeteners Keep Us From Gaining Weight?
substitutes may help stave off weight gain, but they have metabolic effects that some experts find concerning.
New York Times. Thursday, 20 Aug 2020.
- Is Your Blood Sugar Undermining Your Workouts?
Eating a diet high in sugar
and processed foods could dent our long-term health in part by changing how well our bodies respond to exercise.
New York Times. Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020.
- Cinnamon supplement may benefit people with prediabetes, study finds
Study finds cinnamon supplement may help control blood sugar
levels in people with prediabetes.
Fox News. Monday, 27 Jul 2020.
- Gov. Tony Evers' personal assistant dies in Sugar River tubing accident
Gov. Tony Evers says his personal assistant died in a tubing accident on the Sugar
River in southern Wisconsin.
ABC News. Monday, 20 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries