This Sugar news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about sugar news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Arizona vintage store's sassy sign mandating masks leads to outpour of support
Vintage clothing shop Antique Sugar
in Phoenix, Arizona has gained international attention for their audacious sign mandating customers wear face masks in stores.
Daily Mail. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- The gut shields the liver from fructose-induced damage
After one consumes food or a beverage containing fructose, the gastrointestinal system, or gut, helps to shield the liver from damage by breaking down the sugar
before it reaches the liver, according to a new multi-center study. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Excessive sugar intake linked with unhealthy fat deposits
consumption is linked with larger fat deposits around the heart and in the abdomen, which are risky for health.
Science Daily. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Sugar Land truck driver turned baker hopes his story will inspire children in the Black community
"I want a young Black child to walk into a store one day and see a logo on a jar that resembles them. That's important to me," Mark Linen said.
ABC News. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- Sugar Hill Creamery in Harlem continues community connection during protests
Behind every scoop at this family-owned Harlem ice cream shop is a deep connection to the community. It is one the owners believe in and want to see thrive.
ABC News. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Emergency room visits fell by nearly 20% after COVID-19 was declared a pandemic, CDC report finds
A new report from the CDC found that emergency room visits for heart attacks fell by 23% for strokes fell by 20% and for uncontrolled high blood sugar
levels decreased by 10%.
Daily Mail. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- Sugar Ray Leonard wants Terence Crawford and Errol Spence Jr. to show us who's best
A fight between welterweight titleholders Terence Crawford and Errol Spence Jr. is what boxing fans want to see. Will it happen? Sugar
Ray Leonard says both fighters need it.
ESPN. Monday, 1 Jun 2020.
- Sugar Ray Leonard on first Thomas Hearns fight: 'What the hell is going on here?'
Ray Leonard recalls his fight of the year against Thomas Hearns in 1981 and calls it his most important bout.
ESPN. Wednesday, 27 May 2020.
- On this day: Born May 17, 1956: Sugar Ray Leonard, American boxer
Boxers are often remembered for epic one-off fights or career-defining rivalries but few faced as many truly brilliant rivals as Sugar
Ray Leonard or beat them with enough regularity to be considered peerless in a time of greats.
Reuters. Saturday, 16 May 2020.
- New study shows that lack of sleep can lead to overeating
A new study in the Journal of the American Heart Association reveals that lack of sleep can lead to overeating, and a diet with more sugar
and caffeine. The CDC says one third of adults do not get enough sleep. Dr. ...
CBS News. Friday, 15 May 2020.
- Greatest Fights: Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns and 'The Showdown' of 1981
Ray Leonard and Tommy Hearns feature in fight one of a BBC Sounds look back at some of boxing's greatest fights.
BBC News. Friday, 8 May 2020.
- Lord Alan Sugar teeth whitening tweet banned by advertising watchdog
The Apprentice host's tweet, which promoted a teeth whitening kit, broke advertising guidelines.
BBC News. Wednesday, 6 May 2020.
- A Former Editor of 'Cosmopolitan' On Her Secret to (Almost) Infinite Energy
You'll be trading sugar
highs for a sweeter treat: Boosted stamina from the office to the bedroom.
Entrepreneur. Sunday, 22 Mar 2020.
- When do flour, sugar and other baking ingredients expire? - CNET
Is that box of flour in the back of your pantry still usable? Does sugar
ever expire? Here's what you need to know about dry goods and food safety.
CNET. Friday, 20 Mar 2020.
- The Best Snacks for Diabetics
When it's time for that midmorning or midafternoon snack, reach for something that will not only quell your hunger but also help keep your blood sugar
steady between meals and before exercising.
Newsmax. Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries