This Sugar news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about sugar news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Dawn-to-sunset fasting suggests potential new treatment for obesity-related conditions
Fasting from dawn to sunset for 30 days increased levels of proteins that play a crucial role in improving insulin resistance and protecting against the risks from a high-fat, high-sugar diet, according to researchers.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- When My Blood Sugar Crashed While I Was Driving
After her blood sugar crashed while she was driving, causing her to lose control of her car, the author explains what she wishes people understood about diabetes.
Yahoo. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Trade war hurting the U.S. ethanol industry 'badly': U.S. Grains Council
The U.S.-China trade war is hurting the U.S. ethanol industry "badly," Mike Dwyer, chief economist of the U.S. Grains Council, said on Wednesday at an event at New York Sugar week:
Reuters. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Brazil seeks China's OK for genetically modified sugarcane
Brazil's agriculture minister will ask Chinese officials on Thursday to greenlight exports to the Asian nation of sugar made from genetically modified (GM) sugarcane, which is expected to be widely used in Brazil in coming years.
Reuters. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- GE is not 'telling the whole story' about its struggling power business, says JP Morgan's Tusa
General Electric's power business is still struggling, but the company is sugar coating this in communications with investors, according to a top analyst at J.P. Morgan.
CNBC. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Global and China Sugar Industry Report, 2019-2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN - The "Global and China Sugar Industry Report, 2019-2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. ... ...
Business Wire. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Diabetes Download: Will Alcohol Affect My Blood Sugars?
Nalani Haviland, PA-C, explains how alcohol affects blood sugar levels and how to safely drink alcohol if you have diabetes.
Yahoo. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Egg yolk precursor protein regulates mosquitoes' attraction to humans
Feeding mosquitoes sugar makes them less attracted to humans, a response that is regulated by the protein vitellogenin, according to a new study.
Science Daily. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- 'Sugar daddy' dating site fined for promoting prostitution
The Norwegian founder of RichMeetBeautiful was handed a six-month suspended sentence in Belgium.
BBC News. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- From creaky joints to gut problems and weight loss: Can herbal tea really ease your strains?
A new generation of teas brings extra health benefits, from boosting gut health to regulating blood sugar levels and even aiding weight loss. But do they live up to their claims?
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- Saving bees with sugar: Connecting with nature or 'a last resort'?
Is a new sugar solution product aimed at saving bees actually a good thing?
BBC News. Monday, 29 Apr 2019.
- Is 'Sugar Rush' All In Our Heads? New Study Raises Doubts About Sugar's Effect on Mood
A new study shows there may be no such thing as a sugar rush--and no mood boost from comfort carbs.
Forbes. Thursday, 25 Apr 2019.
- Children who don't drink water are consuming an extra 100 CALORIES a day from sugar drinks
One third of UK children aged two to 15 are now categorised as overweight or obese, according to official figures. In the US, nearly one in five young people between the age of six and 19 are obese.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 23 Apr 2019.
- Diabetes Drug May Prevent, Slow Kidney Disease: Study
A drug used to help control blood sugar in people with diabetes has been shown to help prevent or slow kidney disease, which causes millions of deaths each year and requires hundreds of thousands of people to use dialysis to stay alive.
Newsmax. Monday, 15 Apr 2019.
- Study finds diabetes drug may prevent, slow kidney disease
A new study shows that a drug used to help control blood sugar in people with diabetes also can help prevent or slow kidney disease
ABC News. Monday, 15 Apr 2019.
Spoonful of raw sugar
Related Directory Page(s)
Sugar News Headlines and News Summaries