This Structural news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about structural and infrastructure news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Infrastructure stocks tumble after Trump says no spending deal while Democrats investigate him
Stocks that would benefit from a federal infrastructure spending program fell after President Trump ended a meeting on infrastructure spending with Democratic leaders.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Trump says he won't do an infrastructure bill while Democrats continue to investigate him
The president abruptly walked out of a meeting Wednesday, saying he would not negotiate with Democrats while they continue to investigate him.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Trump Scorches Democrats As Pelosi Broaches Prospect Of 'Impeachable Offense'
The only agreement that followed a White House meeting between the president and Democrats was that the other side was responsible for the breakdown in infrastructure negotiations.
NPR. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Trump meeting with top Democrats on infrastructure
The president blasted Democrats on Twitter Wednesday morning ahead of his meeting with them on infrastructure
CBS News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Lincoln Electric Gains on Innovation & Buyouts, Costs Rise
Lincoln Electric (LECO) will gain from the ongoing momentum in end markets like heavy industries, construction/infrastructure and Oil & Gas while weakness in the automotive sector remains a deterrant.
Zacks. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Opponents mobilize against easing Duke Energy rate increases
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Opponents want North Carolina lawmakers to reject Duke Energy Corp.'s push to line up profitable infrastructure projects years into the future and bypass lengthy regulatory battles. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Smart Technology Gives Old Infrastructure New Life
Extreme weather and rising sea levels are putting pressure on the natural world and on the infrastructure we have put in place to manage waste water. ...
Voice of America. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Ahmed Abiy hosts glitzy fundraising dinner for the elite
Ahmed Abiy's event at the Menelik palace was to raise funds for infrastructure in Addis Ababa.
BBC News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Rep. Rob Woodall skeptical of Trump $2 trillion infrastructure plan
Rep. Rob Woodall said he got the "shivers" when he heard President Trump promise Democratic leaders last month that he'll come up with $2 trillion to spend on infrastructure. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Trump Eyes Gas-Tax Hike to Pay for $2T Infrastructure Plan
The Trump administration hasn't ruled out increasing the gas tax to help finance a $2 trillion infrastructure plan, but the idea has little support among officials who are wary of a politically risky move heading into the 2020 election.
Newsmax. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Will India energy pledges lead to CO2 rise?
India's political parties promise free electricity to farmers and ambitious infrastructure projects.
BBC News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Oil prices rise more than 1% as Middle East conflict persists
Oil futures were up more than 1% on Thursday as tensions in the Middle East grew, with a Saudi-led coalition launching air strikes in retaliation for recent attacks on its crude infrastructure. ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Using Huawei for 5G is an unnecessary risk says former spy chief
Former MI6 boss says it would be 'deeply worrying' to hand development of sensitive infrastructure to the Chinese company.
ZDNet. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- CIO And CMO: Achieving Convergence Of Infrastructure And Analytics
CIOs and CMOs need to work together to build the right infrastructure to support their analytics needs. This article explores the CIO/CMO convergence that needs to happen.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Illinois infrastructure is costing you big money
If you drive in Illinois it costs you more than average. But you already knew that. But just how much?
ABC News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
Structural framing for a building
Related Directory Page(s)
Structural Engineers News Headlines and News Summaries