This Structural news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about structural and infrastructure news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How Dell found its way and transformed with the changing times
In its 35-year history, Dell has grown from a PC maker to a tech conglomerate with $90 billion in sales and services in storage, servers, infrastructure and security.
CNBC. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Schumer: Trump was 'ill-prepared' for infrastructure meeting and blew it up as a 'way to back out'
Senate Minority Leader Sen. Charles Schumer said Thursday President Trump was not prepared for their infrastructure meeting on Wednesday and "concocted a temper tantrum" to get out of it. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Infrastructure Meeting Implodes as Trump Slams Pelosi for 'Cover-Up' Remark
A meeting on infrastructure Wednesday between U.S. President Donald Trump and congressional Democrats fell apart, with the president slamming the opposition for accusing him of a cover-up by stonewalling congressional investigations. ...
Voice of America. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Hope of bipartisanship fades after Trump ends infrastructure meeting with Democrats
President Trump walked out of an infrastructure meeting with top Democrats on Wednesday, telling them he won't work with their party until they drop investigations of him in half a dozen house committees. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Inside the White House infrastructure meeting that quickly fell apart
A meeting with Democratic leaders quickly transformed into a confrontation over investigations into the president
CBS News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Trump's love for infrastructure doesn't extend to California's high-speed rail project
Even as President Donald Trump insists he's supportive of infrastructure projects, some say his record proves otherwise, especially when looking at high-speed rail.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Trump Scorches Democrats As Pelosi Broaches Prospect Of 'Impeachable Offense'
The only agreement that followed a White House meeting between the president and Democrats was that the other side was responsible for the breakdown in infrastructure negotiations.
NPR. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Lincoln Electric Gains on Innovation & Buyouts, Costs Rise
Lincoln Electric (LECO) will gain from the ongoing momentum in end markets like heavy industries, construction/infrastructure and Oil & Gas while weakness in the automotive sector remains a deterrant.
Zacks. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Opponents mobilize against easing Duke Energy rate increases
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Opponents want North Carolina lawmakers to reject Duke Energy Corp.'s push to line up profitable infrastructure projects years into the future and bypass lengthy regulatory battles. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Smart Technology Gives Old Infrastructure New Life
Extreme weather and rising sea levels are putting pressure on the natural world and on the infrastructure we have put in place to manage waste water. ...
Voice of America. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Ahmed Abiy hosts glitzy fundraising dinner for the elite
Ahmed Abiy's event at the Menelik palace was to raise funds for infrastructure in Addis Ababa.
BBC News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Trump Eyes Gas-Tax Hike to Pay for $2T Infrastructure Plan
The Trump administration hasn't ruled out increasing the gas tax to help finance a $2 trillion infrastructure plan, but the idea has little support among officials who are wary of a politically risky move heading into the 2020 election.
Newsmax. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Will India energy pledges lead to CO2 rise?
India's political parties promise free electricity to farmers and ambitious infrastructure projects.
BBC News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Oil prices rise more than 1% as Middle East conflict persists
Oil futures were up more than 1% on Thursday as tensions in the Middle East grew, with a Saudi-led coalition launching air strikes in retaliation for recent attacks on its crude infrastructure. ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Using Huawei for 5G is an unnecessary risk says former spy chief
Former MI6 boss says it would be 'deeply worrying' to hand development of sensitive infrastructure to the Chinese company.
ZDNet. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
Structural framing for a building
Related Directory Page(s)
Structural Engineers News Headlines and News Summaries