This Structural news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about structural and infrastructure news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Duo to push opioid settlement toward hospitals
A new not-for-profit will fight to steer cash from any national opioid settlement to hospitals and educate policymakers and the public about how the opioid epidemic has affected healthcare infrastructure
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- Here's Why You Should Add IDACORP (IDA) to Your Portfolio
IDACORP (IDA) is poised to benefit from the ongoing increase in customer volumes, and systematic investments to strengthen and expand infrastructure
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- Bank of America says buy these two high-yield transport stocks as rates fall
Bank of America is looking to global bellwethers UPS and Fortress Transportation and Infrastructure
in a world of falling bond yields.
CNBC. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Asia's Utilities and Policymakers Should Think Twice About Doubling Down on Risky U.S. LNG Imports
Cheap and abundant U.S. natural gas is enticing Asia's utilities and policymakers to invest in LNG infrastructure, but locking in uneconomic energy imports as renewable energy costs fall could risk stranded assets within a decade.
Forbes. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Invest in Clean Harbors (CLH) Now
Clean Harbors (CLH) looks well poised on the back of expansive infrastructure, specialized equipment, capital base and customer relationships.
Zacks. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- Home Secretary Priti Patel wants borders shut down on October 31
Priti Patel has ordered her senior officials to travel to Singapore to study how their border infrastructure
operates and demanded a toughening up of preparations for leaving the EU without a deal.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 18 Aug 2019.
- Texas is hit with ransomware attacks against at least 20 local governments
The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) said late Friday that it is leading the response to a 'coordinated ransomware attack' that is crippling critical government infrastructure
Daily Mail. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- The Clarks: Rock Star Marketers From Pittsburgh
The article illustrates how Pittsburgh-based rock band The Clarks have applied sound marketing practices to overcome structural
obstacles to success in the music industry. ...
Forbes. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- Using Wall Street secrets to reduce the cost of cloud infrastructure
Researchers have developed a 'risk-aware' model that improves the performance of cloud-computing infrastructure
used across the globe.
Science Daily. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Why Your Business Growth Depends on IT Infrastructure
Success only evolves if company tech does.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Cisco drops on poor guidance, says China business dropped 25%
Cisco beat in its key Infrastructure
Platforms segment, but the company's guidance for the next quarter came in below the levels analysts were anticipating.
CNBC. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Researchers use blockchain to drive electric-vehicle infrastructure
Researchers have integrated the use of blockchain into energy systems, a development that could result in expanded charging infrastructure
for electric vehicles.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Wet, Wild And High: Lakes and Rivers Wreak Havoc Across Midwest, South
Parts of the Mississippi have been above flood stage for months. All of the Great Lakes are at or near record-high levels. It's halting barge traffic, damaging infrastructure
and eroding shorelines.
NPR. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Controversial web forum 8chan experiences outages after El Paso shooting
The online forum 8chan is experiencing outages after several companies pulled their infrastructure
support. A hate-filled manifesto, allegedly linked to the El Paso shooting suspect, was posted on its site. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- McDonald's paper straws 'fully recyclable' makers say
The manufacturer of the straws says the UK's recycling infrastructure
needs more investment.
BBC News. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
Structural Engineers News Headlines and News Summaries