This Structural news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about structural and infrastructure news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Lawmakers Race to Finalize Infrastructure Negotiations
Democratic negotiators and White House officials sent an offer Sunday night to Republicans with proposals to clear up the outstanding issues.
New York Times. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Senate negotiators move to finalize details of infrastructure deal
A Democratic source close to the talks said Democratic senators and White House officials made a "global offer" to GOP negotiators Sunday.
CBS News. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Twilio (TWLO) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in the Cards?
While accelerated digital transformation amid the pandemic is likely to have aided Twilio (TWLO) in Q2, aggressive investments in R&D, sales & marketing and infrastructure
might have hurt profits.
Zacks. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Commerce secretary says infrastructure deal is "what Americans want"
Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo tells "Face the Nation" that she hears from business leaders every day on the infrastructure
deal to "get this passed."
CBS News. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- Commerce secretary: Infrastructure deal is "what Americans want"
- Portman slams Pelosi's threat to withhold infrastructure bill
Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio, appeared on ABC's "This Week" Sunday to talk about the bipartisan infrastructure
ABC News. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- 'The infrastructure can't cope': South African healthcare workers struggle to deal with third wave
Dr Angelique Coetzee is a GP in the South African capital Pretoria, where she has run a family clinic for the past 33 years.
Sky News. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- Wales' tourist image 'could be harmed' by overloaded infrastructure
Wales is walking a fine balance between encouraging visitors and overcrowding, an expert says.
BBC News. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- CMA raises concern over slow roll-out of electric car charging infrastructure
The Competition and Markets Authority said the infrastructure
must be improved ahead of the 2030 ban on the sale of new petrol and diesel cars.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- 4 Stocks With Earnings Potential in Security Services Industry
Amid the pandemic-led woes, solid demand for infrastructure, cyber and other security products are aiding players in the Zacks Security and Safety Services industry. JCI, ALLE, BRC and ITRN exhibit sound earnings prospects.
Zacks. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Peter DeFazio threatens to wreck infrastructure bill unless demands are met
House Democrats are trying to muscle their way into the infrastructure
negotiations between President Biden and bipartisan senators, even going as far as threatening to scuttle the entire package. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Colorado flooding kills 1, mudslides block roadways as flash floods force rescues in Southeast
Flooding is causing major problems for communities around the U.S. this year, damaging homes and infrastructure
Fox News. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Bipartisan infrastructure plan could get another chance after Senate setback
The bipartisan infrastructure
plan backed by President Biden failed to advance in the Senate, but it could see another vote Monday.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- States, cities that expected to go bankrupt from pandemic now seeing cash surplus
In Alexandria, proposals include investments in infrastructure, food assistance and a guaranteed basic income pilot program, giving $500 to about 150 families.
ABC News. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Biden Aims to Sell Economic Agenda in Ohio Trip
The fate of his infrastructure
proposal remains unclear after Senate Republicans rejected a $1 trillion blueprint in a key test vote Wednesday.
Voice of America. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
Structural Engineers News Headlines and News Summaries