This Steel news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about steel news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- TimkenSteel (TMST) Reports Q3 Loss, Tops Revenue Estimates
TimkenSteel (TMST) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -58.33% and 0.59%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2020. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Reliance Steel (RS) Q3 Earnings Beat, Stock Down on Sales Miss
(RS) saw double-digit revenue decline in Q3. It expects shipping volumes to decline in Q4 on customer holiday-related shutdowns and fewer shipping days.
Zacks. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Steel producer starts construction on Kentucky plant
BRANDENBURG, Ky. (AP) - Steel
producer Nucor Corp. has broken ground as construction begins on its new $1.7 billion manufacturing mill in Kentucky. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Bitcoin Futures May Be Overbought
Oct.23 -- In this edition of "Futures in Focus," Bloomberg's Alix Steel
and Guy Johnson take a look at the surge in Bitcoin futures. They speak on "Bloomberg Markets."
Yahoo. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Steel producer Nucor sees opportunity in autos beyond recent rebound
"We're about 1.6 million tons a year of our products going to automotive. Will double that in the next several years," Nucor CEO Leon Topalian told CNBC.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Steel tycoon Sanjeev Gupta moves to expand empire
The Indian-born, British businessman's Liberty group has swooped on the legacy steel
business of Thyssenkrupp, a tie-up that would bring together Europe's second and fourth-biggest producers.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 17 Oct 2020.
- Apple Unveils iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max With Larger Screens and Steel Cases
The premium iPhones get even sleeker.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- New research on SARS-CoV-2 virus 'survivability'
COVID-19 causing virus lasts for 10 days longer than Influenza on some surfaces Lower temps, glass, stainless steel
and paper banknotes give virus longer life.
Science Daily. Sunday, 11 Oct 2020.
- Covid-19 virus 'survives on some surfaces for 28 days'
Researchers find SARS-Cov-2 survives on glass, paper and stainless steel
for longer than thought.
BBC News. Sunday, 11 Oct 2020.
- TRUST WATCH: Baker Steel Resources
Resources' largest holdings are in Zimbabwe's Bilboes Gold, Australian coal company Futura Resources, and the Russian miner Polar Acquisition.
Daily Mail. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Trump steel tariffs bring job losses to swing state Michigan
President Donald Trump promised a new dawn for the struggling U.S. steel
industry in 2016, and the lure of new jobs in Midwestern states including Michigan helped him eke out a surprise election win. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Youth jail plans therapy rather than steel doors
"Secure schools" will try to cut youth reoffending with neuroscience and education - not prison cells.
BBC News. Monday, 5 Oct 2020.
- Chinese giant Jingye eyes takeover of Tata's Port Talbot steelworks
The Chinese conglomerate which took control of British Steel
earlier this year has set its sights on an even bigger UK deal by lodging an interest in Tata Steel
UK, the owner of the vast Port Talbot plant in South Wales.
Sky News. Saturday, 3 Oct 2020.
- Old Republic Steel plant in Hegewisch to be redeveloped into industrial park
The former steel
plant will transform into one of the largest industrial developments in Chicago in nearly two decades.
ABC News. Monday, 28 Sep 2020.
- NFL star DeAndre Hopkins beefs up investment portfolio with new BioSteel deal
Arizona Cardinals star DeAndre Hopkins negotiated is own football contract and now he's focusing on his off field investments
CNBC. Tuesday, 22 Sep 2020.
Steel Fabrication News Headlines and News Summaries