This Steel news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about steel news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Should we really let the Turkish military buy British Steel?
could be sold to the Turkish military's pension fund in a move that triggered alarm at Westminster last night. It was chosen above other buyers including British-based steel
Daily Mail. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- Turkish Fund Talks Terms To Snap Up Struggling Steel
Is selling British Steel
to a Turkish operator really the best solution; or is it just the quickest?
Forbes. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Turkey army pension fund to rescue British Steel from administration
The Official Receiver is set to announce as soon as this week that Ataer Holding is the preferred bidder for the ailing Scunthorpe-based company.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Snapchat just announced new $380 sunglasses with 3D cameras
Snapchat Spectacles 3 have a stainless steel
design and cameras that shoot in 3D and let users add augmented reality effects to videos and photos.
CNBC. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Chemists find new path to make strong 2D material better for applications
Scientists make hexagonal-boron nitride, a 2D material much stiffer than steel
and an excellent conductor of heat, much simpler to modify for applications through a new chemical process.
Science Daily. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Walking 'the line': How the Trudeau government learned to deal with Donald Trump
The moment Donald Trump slapped tariffs on Canada's steel
imports was the moment Justin Trudeau realized he couldn't take U.S. president at his word. That hard lesson in the new reality of the Canada-U.S. ...
CBC News. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
- 'Give Scunthorpe a chance'
Thousands of jobs are at risk in Scunthorpe, as the town's steel
plant faces potential closure.
BBC News. Saturday, 10 Aug 2019.
- 13 Apple Watch bands to get on Amazon - CNET
From stainless steel
to silicone, there's an Apple Watch band for every purpose.
CNET. Monday, 5 Aug 2019.
- ArcelorMittal's (MT) Q2 Earnings Miss, Sales Beat Estimates
prices and higher raw material costs dent ArcelorMittal's (MT) Q2 results.
Zacks. Friday, 2 Aug 2019.
- U.S. Steel (X) Tops Earnings and Revenue Estimates in Q2
U.S. Steel's (X) Q2 profits fell on lower earnings in its Flat-Rolled unit, but its earnings surpass expectations.
Zacks. Friday, 2 Aug 2019.
- WH Trade Adviser Navarro: 'We Love Tariffs'
White House trade adviser Peter Navarro on Thursday credited President Donald Trump's tariffs on Chinese-produced steel
and aluminum with saving two American industries.
Newsmax. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- Steel industry to suffer major losses from rising carbon prices and climate regulations, report says
Failure to reduce carbon emissions puts on average 14% of the companies' potential value at risk, according to a new analysis of corporate earnings profiles.
CNBC. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- Pink Seesaws Bridge US-Mexico Border Divide
Two California professors installed three pink seesaws through the steel
border fence on the outskirts of El Paso in Texas and Ciudad Juarez in Mexico.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- 'Teeter-Totter Wall' Placed on Both Sides of Border Fence
In an artists' project designed to address "the futility of building barriers," custom-built seesaws have been placed on both sides of a slatted steel
border fence that separates the United States and Mexico, according to CNN.
Newsmax. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- D'Addario Launches XT Line of Strings
The strings combine high carbon steel
cores and our the company's most popular alloys with an extended lifespan treatment on every string in the set.
Premier Guitar. Wednesday, 17 Jul 2019.
Steel Fabrication News Headlines and News Summaries