This Steel news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about steel news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Ship Built With World Trade Center Steel Docks in Manhattan for 31st Annual Fleet Week
Starting Thursday, ship tours of the USS New York will be offered from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Pier 88.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- British Steel insolvency endangers 5,000 jobs
British Steel enters compulsory liquidation, threatening 5,000 jobs directly and 20,000 more indirectly.
BBC News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- British Steel collapse: the role of Greybull Capital
The secretive investment firm also owned Monarch Airlines and Comet.
BBC News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- British Steel collapses, putting 5,000 jobs at risk
British Steel has entered the insolvency process, jeopardizing 5,000 U.K. jobs and endangering a further 20,000 in the supply chain.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- British Steel collapses, threatening thousands of jobs
LONDON (AP) - British Steel has been ordered into compulsory liquidation after talks with the government failed to secure a bailout, Britain's Insolvency Service said Wednesday. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- UK government promises to do utmost to help British Steel
U.K. union leaders are set to lay out their concerns to the government amid reports that British Steel is facing bankruptcy within days
ABC News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Trade bodies welcome US move to lift steel, aluminium tariffs on Canada, Mexico
Apparel and garment trade bodies have applauded the deal reached between the US, Mexico and Canada to lift the tariffs imposed on steel and aluminium and the removal of subsequent retaliatory tariffs.
Just Style. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- UK unions to discuss troubled British Steel with government
LONDON (AP) - U.K. union leaders are set to lay out their concerns to the government amid reports that British Steel is facing bankruptcy within days. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Trump tells Pennsylvania voters that trade war has helped economy
U.S. President Donald Trump told his supporters in Pennsylvania that his high-stakes trade war with China had strengthened the state's steel industry and jobs.
CNBC. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Why Should You Add Reliance Steel (RS) to Your Portfolio?
Reliance Steel (RS) is benefiting from healthy end-market demand and a favorable metal pricing environment.
Zacks. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Trump scraps steel and aluminum tariffs on Canada and Mexico
As a trade war with China intensifies, President Trump is striking a deal with Canada and Mexico. On Friday, the president announced Canada and Mexico have agreed to drop tariffs on American goods in exchange for the U.S. ...
CBS News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Defunct steelmaker's 21-story headquarters imploded
Sixteen thousand tons of Bethlehem Steel collapsed in a matter of seconds Sunday as a demolition crew imploded Martin Tower, the defunct steelmaker's former world headquarters
ABC News. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Trump says U.S. will lift steel and aluminum tariffs on Canada and Mexico
CBSN political contributor and conservative columnist Michael Graham and Democratic strategist Joel Payne join CBSN to discuss President Trump's latest tariff decision and the latest from the 2020 race.
CBS News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- U.S. To Lift Tariffs On Steel And Aluminum From Canada And Mexico
The Trump administration has reached a deal to lift tariffs on steel and other imports from Canada and Mexico, in a move that could make it easier to ratify the USMCA trade pact.
NPR. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Jeff Koons beats David Hockney record for biggest sale by living artist
A stainless steel sculpture of a rabbit by American artist Jeff Koons has set an auction record in New York, selling for over $91m (£71m).
Sky News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
Steel rods of various sizes
Related Directory Page(s)
Steel Fabrication News Headlines and News Summaries