This Steel news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about steel news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chicago police release bodycam video of man found with guns at Chicago hotel
"It's my fault. I didn't mean to startle anyone. I understand 100% why I'm here. But like I said, it's an honest to God accident," Casteel said.
ABC News. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- In Amsterdam, You Can Now Stroll Across a 3D-Printed Bridge
The 9900-pound structure was printed in stainless steel
and will serve as a two-year substitute until a permanent bridge is put in place.
Mental Floss. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- UK steel firm Cleveland Bridge collapses into administration
Around 220 jobs are at risk at Darlington engineering group Cleveland Bridge, which helped build the Shard in London (pictured), Wembley Stadium arch and the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Nucor's (NUE) Earnings and Revenues Surpass Estimates in Q2
Nucor (NUE) sees higher earnings in its steel
mills unit in Q2 on a significant increase in profitability of sheet and plate mills.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- National Steel (SID) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in Store?
National Steel's (SID) Q2 results are likely to reflect solid demand for steel, aided by strong recovery in the automotive and construction markets.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Researchers develop artificial spider silk that's stronger than steel and tougher than Kevlar
Researchers at Washington University in St. Louis say they've created a new synthetic spider silk grown in bacteria that is stronger than common steel
and tougher than Kevlar.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Carbon Border Tax Is Proposed by Democrats
Senators introduced a plan on Monday to tax iron, steel
and other imports from countries without ambitious climate laws.
New York Times. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- World's First 3-D-Printed Steel Bridge Debuts in Amsterdam
The newly opened overpass measures 40 feet long and weighs 6 tons
Smithsonian. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- Senator Visits U.S. Troops In Kosovo On July 4, Warns About Russian Influence
U.S. Senator Joni Ernst came to Camp Bondsteel -- the largest U.S. military base in Kosovo -- on July 4. ...
Radio Liberty. Sunday, 4 Jul 2021.
- Condo Wreckage Hints at First Signs of Possible Construction Flaw
Engineers studying the collapsed Florida tower said there seemed to be less steel
reinforcement in certain areas than would have been expected from the 1979 design drawings.
New York Times. Saturday, 3 Jul 2021.
- Post-Brexit trade: UK extends EU-era steel protections
The government overrules its post-Brexit trade advisers to keep EU-era limits on products.
BBC News. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
- Stock That Tanked 20% In A Week: U.S. Steel Corp
Corp stock (NYSE: X) tanked more than 20% in just the last one week (five trading days). In the last one month, the stock has lost about 6.6%, but the 20% drop in value has been very sharp. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 22 Jun 2021.
- Tankers and Transit vans sculpted into steel forests
Dan Rawlings has transformed a petrol lorry into a woodland sculpture with an environmental message.
BBC News. Sunday, 20 Jun 2021.
- 3 Steel Stocks To Watch Right Now
Are these trending stocks a steal at their current price points?
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 16 Jun 2021.
- 'Hammer blow' as government advised to drop steel quotas
The government should revoke a series of steel
quotas on cheap imports despite warnings it will damage domestic producers, trade advisers have recommended.
Sky News. Friday, 11 Jun 2021.
Steel Fabrication News Headlines and News Summaries