This Steel news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about steel news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- China 'digital detox camp' locked children in cells for ten days
Former students also accused their teachers of handcuffing them, beating them with iron rulers and whipping them with finger-thick steel
cables in the rehabilitation institute in Nanchang, China.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- 5 Red-Hot Steel Stocks Forged for Upside in the Second Half
As the steel
industry is expected to benefit from improving market conditions, it would be prudent to invest in stocks that have compelling prospects.
Zacks. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Schnitzer Steel (SCHN) Surpasses Q3 Earnings and Revenue Estimates
(SCHN) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 138.46% and 9.25%, respectively, for the quarter ended May 2020. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Volvo Cars recalls nearly 2.1 million cars worldwide
COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) - Volvo Cars said Wednesday that it is recalling nearly 2.1 million vehicles worldwide as a preventive measure after the company discovered that a steel
wire connected to the front seat belts can be weakened. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- State to be top creditor in £30m steel loan deal
The government will become the top-ranking creditor to the UK operations of a Cardiff-based steel
producer under a £30m loan deal to be announced this week.
Sky News. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- ALEX BRUMMER: Tata tests Sunak's model with Port Talbot steel plant
When it comes to bailing out firms affected by Covid-19, Rishi Sunak is no pushover. There was reluctance in Whitehall to come to the rescue of Virgin Atlantic because there were other routes.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- New U.S. Sanctions Hit Firms Linked To Iran's Metals Sector
The United States has unveiled new sanctions against the Iranian metallurgical sector, blacklisting several companies, including domestic and foreign subsidiaries of the country's main steel
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Coronavirus: Tata Steel in government talks amid bailout reports
The UK's largest steelmaker is reportedly seeking a bailout worth hundreds of millions of pounds.
BBC News. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Celsa steels itself for pay curbs in £30m loan deal
A Spanish-owned steel
producer has agreed to tough new curbs on executive pay and dividends in exchange for a £30m government loan that could result in British taxpayers becoming shareholders in the company.
Sky News. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- Steel industry needs help in days not weeks, Kinnock says
Opposition MPs call on the UK government to provide loans to steel
firms experiencing a drop in demand.
BBC News. Sunday, 21 Jun 2020.
- Trump scraps steel and aluminum tariffs on Canada and Mexico
As a trade war with China intensifies, President Trump is striking a deal with Canada and Mexico. On Friday, the president announced Canada and Mexico have agreed to drop tariffs on American goods in exchange for the U.S. ...
CBS News. Friday, 22 May 2020.
- UPDATE 2-European shares surge as recovery hopes boost cyclicals
* ThyssenKrupp up on talks over steel
business consolidation (Updates to market close)
Reuters. Monday, 18 May 2020.
- Thyssenkrupp in talks with peers over steel business: source
German ailing conglomerate Thyssenkrupp is in talks with international peers about consolidating its loss-making steel
business, a person familiar with the matter said.
Reuters. Sunday, 17 May 2020.
- In Sweden, hydrogen has been used to heat steel in a bid to boost sustainability
Hydrogen was used instead of liquefied petroleum gas.
CNBC. Friday, 1 May 2020.
- Jamaican bobsledder Sam Clayton dead from coronavirus
Clayton, a sound engineer, was "a sincere friend who had a solution to practically any problem that came into play," Steel
Pulse frontman David R. Hinds said.
CBS News. Friday, 17 Apr 2020.
Steel Fabrication News Headlines and News Summaries