This Sportswear news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about sportswear news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- What Awaits Columbia Sportswear (COLM) in Q3 Earnings?
Columbia Sportswear's third-quarter 2020 results might have been hurt by the adverse impacts of coronavirus pandemic.
Zacks. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Sportswear giant Adidas looks set to end its unhappy ownership of Reebok
giant Adidas finally looks set to end its unhappy ownership of the Reebok brand.
Sky News. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Asos profits up 329% as lockdown boosts demand for loungewear
Online fashion retailer Asos has reported a 329% rise in annual profits after sales held up thanks to demand for casual clothing and sportswear
Sky News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Columbia Sportswear CEO: Online shopping may be bigger than 'originally thought' after pandemic
Despite the likely larger role of digital sales, Columbia Sportswear
CEO Tim Boyle told CNBC there is "no substitute" for in-person shopping for some products.
CNBC. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- Nike expects permanent shift to online sales
giant has seen digital sales soar and says few customers will revert back to stores.
BBC News. Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020.
- Columbia Sportswear's E-commerce Efforts to Aid Amid Pandemic
(COLM) is seeing low store traffic amid the pandemic. However, focus on strengthening e-commerce operations through the X1 initiative bodes well for the company.
Zacks. Monday, 14 Sep 2020.
- Gymshark mocked for 'virtue signalling' Black History Month post
The British sportswear
giant posted on Instagram 'Black stories matter' and that the brand wanted to 'celebrate and educate' during October.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 2 Sep 2020.
- A roundup of the best breathable, moisture-wicking face masks
As gyms are opening their doors sportswear
brands like Champion, Onzie and Adidas are producing moisture wicking face masks that stay cool and stay put during excessive activity.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 1 Sep 2020.
- Bubba Wallace, Rising Star In NASCAR, Signs Multiyear Deal With Columbia Sportswear
Wallace began this season with only 16 of 36 races sold to corporate sponsors.
Forbes. Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020.
- Contemporary Muslim Fashions Are Having Their Day in the Sun
Ranging from high-performance sportswear
to haute couture, emerging and established designers are meeting the needs of stylish Muslim women
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 22 Jul 2020.
- Adidas HR chief out after reportedly calling racial queries "noise"
Employees complained that executive Karen Parkin was dismissive of racial concerns at the sportswear
CBS News. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Under Armour founder unloads Federalist-style DC home for $17.2M
Kevin Plank, the sportswear
company's founder, sold the Georgetown pied-a-terre after lowering the price from $29.5 million.
Inman. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- Adidas Pledges to Increase Diversity. Some Employees Want More.
company has been facing dissension owing to what some say is an internal culture that can be discriminating toward black workers.
New York Times. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- Adidas says first-quarter profits fell more than 90% due to coronavirus store closures
The German sportswear
giant also reported a 19% decline in Q1 net sales and predicted sales will fall by 40% in the second quarter.
CNBC. Monday, 27 Apr 2020.
Sportswear News Headlines and News Summaries