This Sportswear news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about sportswear news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Pregnant athletes 'punished' by Nike, says champion British runner
British runner Jo Pavey has revealed Nike stopped her sponsorship money immediately when she told the sportswear company she was pregnant.
Sky News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Adidas extends sponsorship of Real Madrid until 2028
Adidas will extend its sponsorship of Spanish soccer side Real Madrid until 2028, the German sportswear firm said on Wednesday, as it battles fierce competition in Europe from Nike and a resurgent Puma.
Reuters. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Columbia Sportswear (COLM) Beats on Q1 Earnings, Raises View
Columbia Sportswear's (COLM) Q1 results gain from growth in Columbia and Sorel brands. The company's DTC and wholesale business also remains strong.
Zacks. Friday, 26 Apr 2019.
- Factors to Aid Columbia Sportswear's (COLM) Q1 Earnings
Columbia Sportswear's (COLM) Q1 performance is likely to gain from the Project CONNECT program as well as strong sales channels and brands.
Zacks. Monday, 22 Apr 2019.
- Rip Curl turns to cloud-based PLM platform for global collaboration
Surfing sportswear company Rip Curl will replace its legacy PLM system with a single collaborative platform to connect its global network and speed time to market.
Just Style. Thursday, 18 Apr 2019.
- JD Sports rewarded for focus on millennials
The sportswear retailer bucks the retail gloom as revenues and profits rise.
BBC News. Tuesday, 16 Apr 2019.
- Now YOU can be a green goddess
Hanna Woodside revealed a selection of the best eco-friendly activewear brands for embracing the sportswear trend. She suggests investing on VivoBarefoot running shoes to embrace nature.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 14 Apr 2019.
- Adidas launches first Primeknit sports bra
German sportswear giant Adidas has unveiled what it claims is the "first of its kind sports bra" created with the company's Primeknit knitting technology for targeted flexibility, comfort and support.
Just Style. Thursday, 11 Apr 2019.
- Beyonce and Adidas in Partnership to Develop Shoes, Apparel
Adidas AG and pop star Beyonce joined forces to develop footwear and apparel, as the German sportswear company seeks to reignite growth in its casual fashion lineup.
Newsmax. Thursday, 4 Apr 2019.
- Two under-the-radar retail buys as the group breaks out, according to experts
The retail sector is rallying, but two Street watchers says there are more gains ahead. Oppenheimer's Ari Wald likes Columbia Sportswear, while Point View Wealth Management's John Petrides says Hanesbrands is the name to own.
CNBC. Friday, 29 Mar 2019.
- EU Fines Nike for Blocking Cross-border Sales of Soccer Merchandise
U.S. sportswear maker Nike was hit with a 12.5 million euro ($14.14 million) fine on Monday for blocking cross-border sales of soccer merchandise of some of Europe's best-known clubs, the latest EU sanction against such restrictions. ...
Voice of America. Monday, 25 Mar 2019.
- Nike fined by EU for restrictions on football merchandise sales
Cross-border sales of products for Man Utd, Barcelona and Juventus were restricted by the sportswear firm.
BBC News. Monday, 25 Mar 2019.
- Nike fined $14 million for blocking cross-border sales of soccer merchandise
EU antitrust regulators fined U.S. sportswear maker Nike 12.5 million euros ($14.14 million) on Monday.
CNBC. Monday, 25 Mar 2019.
- Adidas says women soccer players to get the same World Cup bonus as men
The sportswear maker Adidas says it will give the same bonus to any of its sponsored players on the Women's FIFA World Cup-winning soccer team as their male counterparts.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 10 Mar 2019.
- Shopping Street Rises From the Ashes of War in Libya's Benghazi
The old center of Benghazi lies in ruins but one shopping street has sprung up in the war-ravaged Libyan city, with sportswear and fashion stores that would not be out of place in Dubai or Istanbul. ...
Voice of America. Monday, 25 Feb 2019.
Couple dressed in attractive sportwear
Related Directory Page(s)
Sportswear News Headlines and News Summaries