This Sportswear news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about sportswear news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- eXp World, Columbia Sportswear, Walmart, Target, Amazon as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day
eXp World, Columbia Sportswear, Walmart, Target, Amazon as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day
Zacks. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- Bear Of The Day: Columbia Sportswear (COLM)
Bear of the Day: Columbia Sportswear
Zacks. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- Nike learned a lesson in China: Some want to sweat away their coronavirus stress
Nike's stores might be temporarily shut due to COVID-19, but the sportswear
giant is getting more people to sweat during stressful times.
CNBC. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- Nike turns to digital sales during China shutdown
giant Nike says online sales have helped cushion blow of widespread store closures during virus.
BBC News. Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020.
- JD Sports delays results on Covid-19 uncertainty
retailer JD Sports has said it is weighing up a number of options to preserve capital across all aspects of its business after its shops were closed this morning (24 March), following a UK government directive.
Just Style. Tuesday, 24 Mar 2020.
- Adidas develops responsive apparel for athletes
firm Adidas has developed what it claims is the most advanced system of responsive apparel shielding athletes from the elements.
Just Style. Monday, 23 Mar 2020.
- Adidas sees $1 billion coronavirus hit to China sales, Puma warns on profit
makers Adidas and Puma warned on Wednesday of a major decline in sales in China due to the coronavirus.
CNBC. Wednesday, 11 Mar 2020.
- Good News? Nearly 40% of China Sportswear Leader Anta's Stores Now Open
Retail sales and factory production are being hurt by the coronavirus outbreak.
Forbes. Monday, 17 Feb 2020.
- Michael Avenatti convicted of trying to extort Nike
Michael Avenatti, the lawyer who once represented adult film star Stormy Daniels in a lawsuit against President Trump, was found guilty of trying to extort sportswear
Fox News. Friday, 14 Feb 2020.
- Adidas is recycling marine plastics into fabrics and will make more than 15 MILLION pairs of shoes
Adidas is set to transform marine plastic waste and recycled polyester into new sportswear
and sneakers. The firm plans to produce 15-20 million pairs of shoes using ocean plastic in 2020.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 28 Jan 2020.
- Nike kicks Amazon into touch amid concerns about counterfeit sportswear
company's move ends its two-year relationship with the internet shopping giant, which has been attempting to lure big brands to its marketplace.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Nov 2019.
- Under Armour Shares Down 15% In Premarket Trading Over Reports Of Federal Accounting Probe
company confirmed on Sunday it is under criminal investigation by the Justice Department and U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission over allegations of improper accounting practices.
Forbes. Monday, 4 Nov 2019.
- Pregnant athletes 'punished' by Nike, says champion British runner
British runner Jo Pavey has revealed Nike stopped her sponsorship money immediately when she told the sportswear
company she was pregnant.
Sky News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Getting The Boot: Iran Manager Calls Out Nike On World Cup Cleat Snub
"It's not right," longtime manager Carlos Queiroz says of the U.S.-based sportswear
company's unwillingness to equip Iran.
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 7 Jun 2018.
- Under Armour's (UAA) Recent Gains Might Shock Investors
Shares of Under Armour (UAA) surged 3.58% on Wednesday to hit $21.40 per share, continuing the sportswear
company's impressive run. ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 31 May 2018.
Sportswear News Headlines and News Summaries