This Sportswear news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about sportswear news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Bull of the Day: Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS)
and outdoor retailer continues to prove it can operate in any market environment.
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Columbia Sportswear (COLM) to Report Q2 Earnings: What to Expect?
Columbia Sportswear's (COLM) second-quarter performance is likely to reflect impacts of the anniversary of last year's temporary store closures. Also, solid DTC e-commerce sales are likely to help.
Zacks. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Michael Avenatti gets prison term for Nike extortion scheme
The lawyer was convicted last year on charges that he tried to extort up to $25 million from the sportswear
CBS News. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- Michael Avenatti sentencing postponed in Nike case
NEW YORK (AP) – A judge on Thursday postponed until July 9 the sentencing of Michael Avenatti for the once high-profile lawyer's conviction in an extortion case involving sportswear
giant Nike. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 24 Jun 2021.
- Police hope public recognise Hyde Park machete thugs from their distinctive sportswear
Police have arrested a 17-year-old on suspicion of affray after 'brazen violence' erupted in the park at around 9pm on Tuesday, but they are still hunting more people who were involved.
Daily Mail. Friday, 4 Jun 2021.
- Nike says it split with Neymar over sexual assault investigation
giant and Brazilian footballer give conflicting accounts of why they parted ways.
BBC News. Friday, 28 May 2021.
- Nike says it dropped Neymar after he refused to cooperate in sexual assault investigation
Nike says it ended its tie-up with football star Neymar last year because he refused to cooperate in an investigation into sexual assault allegations against him by an employee of the sportswear
Sky News. Friday, 28 May 2021.
- UK sportswear brand Castore agrees kit deal with Premier League club
Castore will supply Wolverhampton Wanderers in a multi-year partnership thought to be worth several million pounds. Castore was launched in 2015.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 22 May 2021.
- Under Armour's CEO Was "Broke" After Year One. Here's What Happened Next.
From selling T-shirts out of his car to billion-dollar sportswear
Entrepreneur. Monday, 26 Apr 2021.
- China Sportswear Billionaires Cut Anta Stake In Sale Nearing $1.5 Billion
Stock has gained on Covid recovery, Olympics hopes.
Forbes. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- Under Armour CEO reveals new global campaign
Under Armour is on a roll, with the company's revenue surging from $281 million in 2005 to $3 billion last year. It has now passed Adidas to become the number two sportswear
maker in the U.S. behind Nike. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021.
- Rapper Macklemore Has a New Golf Apparel Company and a Problem With Pants
The Grammy Award-winning rap artist teed up his own sportswear
line, Bogey Boys.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 2 Mar 2021.
- Leading Through Adversity - An Interview With Joe Boyle
EVP of Columbia Sportswear
Company discusses the heritage of the brand and how he leads through adversity.
Forbes. Monday, 22 Feb 2021.
- Adidas confirms potential sale of Reebok
giant Adidas has confirmed it could sell its Reebok brand.
Sky News. Monday, 14 Dec 2020.
- Contemporary Muslim Fashions Are Having Their Day in the Sun
Ranging from high-performance sportswear
to haute couture, emerging and established designers are meeting the needs of stylish Muslim women
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 22 Jul 2020.
Sportswear News Headlines and News Summaries