This Sportswear news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about sportswear news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Five changes to expect at Nike as Donahoe takes charge
It's all change at the top for sportswear
giant Nike Inc as John Donahoe yesterday (13 January) took over the reins as the company's fourth CEO in its 55-year history. ...
Just Style. Tuesday, 14 Jan 2020.
- Nike Infinalon fabric offers enhanced stretch and recovery
giant Nike has developed a performance fabric it says offers nearly double the stretch and recovery of a fabric made from spandex.
Just Style. Thursday, 2 Jan 2020.
- Columbia Sportswear Up About 20% YTD: What Awaits for 2020?
(COLM) has been gaining from Project CONNECT, brand-enhancing efforts and a solid international presence. However, the company is witnessing high SG&A costs and currency headwinds.
Zacks. Monday, 30 Dec 2019.
- Columbia Sportswear (COLM) Outpaces Stock Market Gains: What You Should Know
(COLM) closed at $93.23 in the latest trading session, marking a +0.41% move from the prior day.
Zacks. Friday, 13 Dec 2019.
- Nike kicks Amazon into touch amid concerns about counterfeit sportswear
company's move ends its two-year relationship with the internet shopping giant, which has been attempting to lure big brands to its marketplace.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Nov 2019.
- Nike to stop direct sales through Amazon
firm ends its link with the e-commerce giant to focus on selling directly to consumers.
BBC News. Thursday, 14 Nov 2019.
- Adidas sales pick up pace as Europe recovers
company Adidas said it expects a significant acceleration of sales in the fourth quarter.
CNBC. Wednesday, 6 Nov 2019.
- Sportswear company faces two US accounting probes
Under Armour is being probed by the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Department of Justice.
BBC News. Monday, 4 Nov 2019.
- Under Armour Shares Down 15% In Premarket Trading Over Reports Of Federal Accounting Probe
company confirmed on Sunday it is under criminal investigation by the Justice Department and U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission over allegations of improper accounting practices.
Forbes. Monday, 4 Nov 2019.
- Everything Jim Cramer said on 'Mad Money,' including stock picks, Fed and China chatter, Smarties
CNBC's Jim Cramer reveals stocks worth buying after Thursday's market decline, breaks down emerging Fed and China trade worries, and sits down with top brass of Columbia Sportswear, Smarties and Eurazeo.
CNBC. Friday, 1 Nov 2019.
- How These Athleisure Founders Integrated Philanthropy Into Their Business
designers talk about building a brand community and working toward a positive cause.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 18 Sep 2019.
- Japan court hears case on 'paternity harassment'
TOKYO (AP) - A worker at major Japanese sportswear
maker Asics told a Tokyo court Thursday that he is suing the company to counter the idea that a man's place is at work and a woman's is in the home. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 12 Sep 2019.
- Why The Allyson Felix And Athleta Partnership Will Work
In the wake of becoming a mother, Allyson Felix signed a contract with women's sportswear
brand Altheta. The rationale for the partnership and its likelihood of success are reviewed.
Forbes. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Pregnant athletes 'punished' by Nike, says champion British runner
British runner Jo Pavey has revealed Nike stopped her sponsorship money immediately when she told the sportswear
company she was pregnant.
Sky News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Getting The Boot: Iran Manager Calls Out Nike On World Cup Cleat Snub
"It's not right," longtime manager Carlos Queiroz says of the U.S.-based sportswear
company's unwillingness to equip Iran.
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 7 Jun 2018.
Sportswear News Headlines and News Summaries