This Sportswear news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about sportswear news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Adidas shares drop on disappointing results, sticks to outlook
firm Adidas reported disappointing second-quarter sales on Thursday, but confirmed it expects a recovery.
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Why The Allyson Felix And Athleta Partnership Will Work
In the wake of becoming a mother, Allyson Felix signed a contract with women's sportswear
brand Altheta. The rationale for the partnership and its likelihood of success are reviewed.
Forbes. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Columbia Sportswear wants sneaker heads to pay attention to its latest shoe
On Monday, Columbia Sportswear
unveiled a new line of sneaker-boot hybrids, in the outdoor apparel company's first venture into sneaker culture that cashes in on a growing trend of sneaker crossovers.
CNBC. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Mitchell & Ness Banks On Women Consumers For New Business
The nearly 100 year old heritage brand joins other major sportswear
brands in creating women-specific gear.
Forbes. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- Columbia Sportswear (COLM) Q2 Earnings Top, '19 View Raised
(COLM) is on track with Project CONNECT program and DTC business. Also, management raises 2019 view on spectacular Q2 results.
Zacks. Friday, 26 Jul 2019.
- Columbia Sportswear (COLM) Surpasses Q2 Earnings and Revenue Estimates
(COLM) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 2200.00% and 3.70%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2019. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Thursday, 25 Jul 2019.
- Nike exploring options for Hurley surfwear brand?
brand Nike is reportedly eyeing a sale of its surfwear brand, Hurley International.
Just Style. Thursday, 25 Jul 2019.
- Is the 'racist trainer' controversy good for Nike?
The US sportswear
giant is used to being provocative but was its flag-bearing shoe a step too far?
BBC News. Wednesday, 3 Jul 2019.
- Leamington school sportswear uniform introduced
A Leamington Spa junior school replaces its uniform with "activewear", despite objections.
BBC News. Thursday, 20 Jun 2019.
- Tian Yuan Garments invests another $10m in US facility
Chinese manufacturing giant Tian Yuan Garments - the largest producer of sportswear
for Adidas worldwide - plans to invest another $10m to expand its new production plant in the United States.
Just Style. Tuesday, 11 Jun 2019.
- Pregnant athletes 'punished' by Nike, says champion British runner
British runner Jo Pavey has revealed Nike stopped her sponsorship money immediately when she told the sportswear
company she was pregnant.
Sky News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Adidas extends sponsorship of Real Madrid until 2028
Adidas will extend its sponsorship of Spanish soccer side Real Madrid until 2028, the German sportswear
firm said on Wednesday, as it battles fierce competition in Europe from Nike and a resurgent Puma.
Reuters. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Now YOU can be a green goddess
Hanna Woodside revealed a selection of the best eco-friendly activewear brands for embracing the sportswear
trend. She suggests investing on VivoBarefoot running shoes to embrace nature.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 14 Apr 2019.
- Formula One announces long-term partnership with Puma
Formula One has agreed a long-term deal with Puma for the German sportswear
company to become the sport's exclusive merchandise retail partner, it said on Thursday.
Reuters. Thursday, 4 Apr 2019.
- EU Fines Nike for Blocking Cross-border Sales of Soccer Merchandise
maker Nike was hit with a 12.5 million euro ($14.14 million) fine on Monday for blocking cross-border sales of soccer merchandise of some of Europe's best-known clubs, the latest EU sanction against such restrictions. ...
Voice of America. Monday, 25 Mar 2019.
Sportswear News Headlines and News Summaries