This Sportswear news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about sportswear news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Columbia Sportswear (COLM) Troubled by Pandemic-Led Low Traffic
(COLM) is hurt by sluggish store traffic amid the pandemic-led stay-at-home trends, somewhat cushioned by a solid DTC e-commerce business.
Zacks. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Shopify, Columbia Sportswear, PayPal, Square and Visa highlighted as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day
Shopify, Columbia Sportswear, PayPal, Square and Visa highlighted as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day
Zacks. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- Former Pizza Delivery Man Created Gymshark, a $1.4 Billion Sportswear Brand
A 28-year-old former pizza delivery man managed to create a sportswear
brand valued at more than a million dollars.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020.
- Lorna Jane: Activewear brand in court for 'anti-virus' claims
Australian women's sportswear
firm Lorna Jane said its clothes could stop the spread of Covid-19.
BBC News. Tuesday, 22 Dec 2020.
- Rangers face competition investigation over replica kit pricing
The UK competition watchdog is gathering evidence relating to Rangers football club and four sportswear
BBC News. Wednesday, 16 Dec 2020.
- Adidas confirms potential sale of Reebok
giant Adidas has confirmed it could sell its Reebok brand.
Sky News. Monday, 14 Dec 2020.
- How A Former Pizza Hut Delivery Guy Used TikTok And Instagram To Build Gymshark Into A Billion-Dollar Sportswear Brand
Let Nike pay billions for superstars to rock the swoosh. Twenty-eight-year-old Ben Francis has become a near-billionaire by paying relative pennies to social media fitness fanatics to pump up his brand.
Forbes. Wednesday, 2 Dec 2020.
- Swirl power: How gentle body movement will charge your mobile phone
Scientists have discovered a way to generate electricity from nylon - the stretchy fabric used widely in sportswear
and other shape-hugging apparel - raising hopes that the clothes on our backs will become an important source of energy.
Science Daily. Friday, 6 Nov 2020.
- Columbia Sportswear Company Just Missed EPS By 16%: Here's What Analysts Think Will Happen Next
It's shaping up to be a tough period for Columbia Sportswear
Company (NASDAQ:COLM), which a week ago released ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 1 Nov 2020.
- Sportswear giant Adidas looks set to end its unhappy ownership of Reebok
giant Adidas finally looks set to end its unhappy ownership of the Reebok brand.
Sky News. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Columbia Sportswear CEO: Online shopping may be bigger than 'originally thought' after pandemic
Despite the likely larger role of digital sales, Columbia Sportswear
CEO Tim Boyle told CNBC there is "no substitute" for in-person shopping for some products.
CNBC. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- Gymshark mocked for 'virtue signalling' Black History Month post
The British sportswear
giant posted on Instagram 'Black stories matter' and that the brand wanted to 'celebrate and educate' during October.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 2 Sep 2020.
- A roundup of the best breathable, moisture-wicking face masks
As gyms are opening their doors sportswear
brands like Champion, Onzie and Adidas are producing moisture wicking face masks that stay cool and stay put during excessive activity.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 1 Sep 2020.
- Bubba Wallace, Rising Star In NASCAR, Signs Multiyear Deal With Columbia Sportswear
Wallace began this season with only 16 of 36 races sold to corporate sponsors.
Forbes. Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020.
- Contemporary Muslim Fashions Are Having Their Day in the Sun
Ranging from high-performance sportswear
to haute couture, emerging and established designers are meeting the needs of stylish Muslim women
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 22 Jul 2020.
Sportswear News Headlines and News Summaries