This Sportswear news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about sportswear news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Columbia Sportswear's (COLM) Q2 Loss Narrower Than Expected
Columbia Sportswear's (COLM) second-quarter 2020 results reflect adverse impacts of coronavirus. Both top and bottom lines deteriorate year over year.
Zacks. Friday, 31 Jul 2020.
- Columbia Sportswear (COLM) Reports Q2 Loss, Tops Revenue Estimates
(COLM) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 12.50% and 0.37%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2020. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Thursday, 30 Jul 2020.
- Nike is officially the hottest brand in the world after topping the quarterly Lyst Index
giant climbed two places to beat the likes of Off-White, Gucci and Balenciaga, which were placed second, third and fourth respectively.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020.
- Contemporary Muslim Fashions Are Having Their Day in the Sun
Ranging from high-performance sportswear
to haute couture, emerging and established designers are meeting the needs of stylish Muslim women
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 22 Jul 2020.
- Bidders circle £1bn sportswear brand Gymshark
A pack of private equity firms is circling Gymshark, the sportswear
brand whose spectacular growth has made its founder one of Britain’s wealthiest under-30s.
Sky News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Adidas HR chief out after reportedly calling racial queries "noise"
Employees complained that executive Karen Parkin was dismissive of racial concerns at the sportswear
CBS News. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Under Armour founder unloads Federalist-style DC home for $17.2M
Kevin Plank, the sportswear
company's founder, sold the Georgetown pied-a-terre after lowering the price from $29.5 million.
Inman. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- Adidas Pledges to Increase Diversity. Some Employees Want More.
company has been facing dissension owing to what some say is an internal culture that can be discriminating toward black workers.
New York Times. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- JD Sports reopening 309 stores across England next week
firm will also open its high street and so-called 'open air' stores in Northern Ireland from 12 June, but shopping centre sites will remain closed.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- Adidas says first-quarter profits fell more than 90% due to coronavirus store closures
The German sportswear
giant also reported a 19% decline in Q1 net sales and predicted sales will fall by 40% in the second quarter.
CNBC. Monday, 27 Apr 2020.
- Nike learned a lesson in China: Some want to sweat away their coronavirus stress
Nike's stores might be temporarily shut due to COVID-19, but the sportswear
giant is getting more people to sweat during stressful times.
CNBC. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- JD Sports delays results on Covid-19 uncertainty
retailer JD Sports has said it is weighing up a number of options to preserve capital across all aspects of its business after its shops were closed this morning (24 March), following a UK government directive.
Just Style. Tuesday, 24 Mar 2020.
- Adidas develops responsive apparel for athletes
firm Adidas has developed what it claims is the most advanced system of responsive apparel shielding athletes from the elements.
Just Style. Monday, 23 Mar 2020.
- Good News? Nearly 40% of China Sportswear Leader Anta's Stores Now Open
Retail sales and factory production are being hurt by the coronavirus outbreak.
Forbes. Monday, 17 Feb 2020.
- Pregnant athletes 'punished' by Nike, says champion British runner
British runner Jo Pavey has revealed Nike stopped her sponsorship money immediately when she told the sportswear
company she was pregnant.
Sky News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
Sportswear News Headlines and News Summaries