This Sportswear news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about sportswear news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Adidas HR chief out after reportedly calling racial queries "noise"
Employees complained that executive Karen Parkin was dismissive of racial concerns at the sportswear
CBS News. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- What's Next for Lululemon Stock & Buy Nike Ahead of Earnings?
What's next for Lululemon (LULU) stock after its Q1 financial results? And we see what to expect from Nike's upcoming quarterly earnings to help figure out if the sportswear
giant is a buy despite coronavirus setbacks?
Zacks. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- Under Armour founder unloads Federalist-style DC home for $17.2M
Kevin Plank, the sportswear
company's founder, sold the Georgetown pied-a-terre after lowering the price from $29.5 million.
Inman. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- Adidas Pledges to Increase Diversity. Some Employees Want More.
company has been facing dissension owing to what some say is an internal culture that can be discriminating toward black workers.
New York Times. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- JD Sports reopening 309 stores across England next week
firm will also open its high street and so-called 'open air' stores in Northern Ireland from 12 June, but shopping centre sites will remain closed.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- Will Columbia Sportswear's Reopening Plans & E-commerce Aid?
(COLM) plans to continue reopening U.S. stores in the coming months. Also, the company's e-commerce enhancement efforts bode well amid the coronavirus crisis.
Zacks. Wednesday, 3 Jun 2020.
- Sportswear firm Adidas suffers hit as profits slump 93%
The German sportswear
firm warned its sales would slump 40 per cent in the second quarter despite China emerging from lockdown, and surging performance online.
Daily Mail. Monday, 27 Apr 2020.
- Adidas says first-quarter profits fell more than 90% due to coronavirus store closures
The German sportswear
giant also reported a 19% decline in Q1 net sales and predicted sales will fall by 40% in the second quarter.
CNBC. Monday, 27 Apr 2020.
- Nike learned a lesson in China: Some want to sweat away their coronavirus stress
Nike's stores might be temporarily shut due to COVID-19, but the sportswear
giant is getting more people to sweat during stressful times.
CNBC. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- JD Sports delays results on Covid-19 uncertainty
retailer JD Sports has said it is weighing up a number of options to preserve capital across all aspects of its business after its shops were closed this morning (24 March), following a UK government directive.
Just Style. Tuesday, 24 Mar 2020.
- Adidas develops responsive apparel for athletes
firm Adidas has developed what it claims is the most advanced system of responsive apparel shielding athletes from the elements.
Just Style. Monday, 23 Mar 2020.
- Good News? Nearly 40% of China Sportswear Leader Anta's Stores Now Open
Retail sales and factory production are being hurt by the coronavirus outbreak.
Forbes. Monday, 17 Feb 2020.
- Michael Avenatti convicted of trying to extort Nike
Michael Avenatti, the lawyer who once represented adult film star Stormy Daniels in a lawsuit against President Trump, was found guilty of trying to extort sportswear
Fox News. Friday, 14 Feb 2020.
- Pregnant athletes 'punished' by Nike, says champion British runner
British runner Jo Pavey has revealed Nike stopped her sponsorship money immediately when she told the sportswear
company she was pregnant.
Sky News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
Sportswear News Headlines and News Summaries