This Speech and Hearing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about speech and hearing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Rabbi Yoel Kahn, Oral Scribe for the Grand Rabbi, Dies at 91
For decades he memorized virtually verbatim the speeches and discourses of Rabbi Menachem Schneerson and meticulously compiled them into about 150 volumes.
New York Times. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Pelosi appoints 2nd Republican critic of Trump to Jan. 6 committee
The committee is set to hold its first meeting on Tuesday, hearing
from police officers who battled the rioters on Jan. 6.
ABC News. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- Trevor Bauer Makes Appearance In Los Angeles Superior Court; Civil Hearing Postponed Until August
The 30-year-old right-hander has been accused of sexual assault.
Forbes. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- Covid vaccine: Speech comparing NHS medics to Nazis condemned
The Royal College of Nursing says the comments at a protest rally were "reprehensible".
BBC News. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- Bauer restraining order hearing ppd. to Aug. 2
A court hearing
for a restraining order requested against Trevor Bauer has been postponed to Aug. 2 so his legal team can prepare a defense against witnesses and documents that it claimed to have received only recently.
ESPN. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Biden heckled at Terry McAuliffe rally in Virginia: 'It's not a Trump rally, let him holler'
President Biden was heckled by an audience member during an appearance in Virginia on Friday and stopped his speech
to address the individual.
Fox News. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- La Dodger Trevor Bauer appeared in court with the woman who claims he assaulted her
On Friday, the restraining order was extended until a full hearing
on August 2 that is scheduled to last for two to three day.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Tokyo 2020: What to Expect During the Opening Ceremony
There will be speeches, spectacle and plenty of music.
New York Times. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Trevor Bauer restraining order hearing continued to three days in August
Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer is contesting a restraining order request filed against him by a woman accusing him of sexual assault.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- GOP plans Cuban freedom protest for day of Jan. 6 hearing
Congressional Republicans have lined up their counter-programming to the first hearing
of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's select committee on the Jan. 6 riot — a protest outside the Capitol. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Democrats lambaste FBI over handling of Kavanaugh tips
The FBI confirmed it received 4,500 tips about Brett Kavanaugh during his Supreme Court nomination hearings.
CBS News. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Tom Barrack SPAC pulls SEC registration, IPO plan as bail hearing for Trump ally moved to Friday in L.A.
Thomas Barrack, a close friend of Donald Trump, is accused of illegally lobbying for the United Arab Emirates during Trump's campaign and presidency.
CNBC. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Ex-Fox News host Ed Henry is called Weinstein-esque, but worse by his accuser's attorney
Lawyers for Jennifer Eckhart, a former associate producer for Fox Business Network, made the claims at a hearing
on Wednesday in US District Court in Manhattan, facing motions to dismiss.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Anti-Olympics protests heard inside National Stadium during opening ceremonies
While the Tokyo Games begin inside National Stadium, the lack of raucous fans in the building had some fans watching the opening ceremonies hearing
the protests on the streets.
Fox News. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Chinese economist uses keynote speech to discuss competition with the U.S.
A Chinese economist's keynote speech
at a major asset manager's investment strategy event focused on international politics rather than the growth outlook.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries