This Speech and Hearing news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about speech and hearing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- GOP rep: Dissemination of doctored Pelosi videos "concerning"
President Trump and some conservative outlets have been sharing doctored videos which portray House Speaker Pelosi slurring her speech
CBS News. Sunday, 26 May 2019.
- Rep. Eric Swalwell slams House panel for not focusing on family separation
Democratic Congressman Eric Swalwell of California says it's "maddening" that the House Judiciary Committee was not focusing on family separations at the U.S. border during the panel's DOJ inspector general hearing.
CBS News. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Massachusetts Statehouse hearing to focus on sports betting
BOSTON (AP) - How best to legalize sports betting in Massachusetts will be the focus of a pair of hearings at the Statehouse this week as lawmakers work to tackle the latest shift in the state's gambling landscape. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- The Latest: Jayme Closs' family satisfied with sentence
The latest on the sentencing hearing for a Wisconsin man accused of kidnapping 13-year-old Jayme Closs and killing her parents (all times local): 1:50 p.m. ...
Fox News. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- #HotSoundGuy caused excitement on social media
The sound man who set up the podium for Theresa May's speech caused excitement on social media.
BBC News. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Do you hear what I hear?
A new study found that infants at high risk for autism were less attuned to differences in speech patterns than low-risk infants. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Videos doctored to make Pelosi appear drunk spread across social media - CNET
The speaker of the house appears to slur her words in a speech about Donald Trump.
CNET. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- The Latest: May's speech draws praise from Brexit foes
LONDON (AP) - The Latest on Brexit and Britain's political crisis (all times local): 11 a.m. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- NYU President Apologizes After Graduation Speaker Praises BDS Movement During Speech
'The apartheid state government in Israel'
Daily Caller. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Fake Video of Pelosi Shared, Mocked Widely on Social Media
Making the rounds on social media Thursday was a video of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., with the audio slowed to make her speech sound drunkenly slurred.
Newsmax. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Redditor allowed to stay anonymous, court rules - CNET
In a copyright lawsuit, a Jehovah's Witness has been given protections regarding anonymous online free speech.
CNET. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- House committee dodges Medicare for All's fiscal details
CBO officials say a single-payer system could redistribute hospital and doctor pay. But House lawmakers steered clear of those details during a hearing on Medicare for All.
Modern Healthcare. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- House Hearing Grows Heated in Squabble Over Migrant Child Deaths
A Democrat lawmaker on Wednesday blamed the Trump administration's border policies for the deaths of migrant children, and the acting head of the Homeland Security Department lashed out at the "appalling accusation."
Newsmax. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Anita Hill On 2020 Election: We Don't Need 'To Take The Lesser Of Two Evils'
Hill, who testified against Clarence Thomas during his 1991 Senate confirmation hearings, accepted a PEN America Courage Award on Tuesday. She spoke to NPR about Joe Biden and the #MeToo movement.
NPR. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Treasury Secretary Mnuchin says he has never spoken with Trump about handing over tax returns
"I've had no conversations ever with the president or anyone in the White House about delivering the president's tax returns to Congress," Mnuchin said during a hearing before the House Financial Services Committee.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
Hearing a woman speak in a microphone
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries