This Solar Energy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about solar energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Key factors in how some algae harness solar energy
Scientists have discovered how diatoms -- a type of alga that produce 20 percent of the Earth's oxygen -- harness solar energy
for photosynthesis. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Corporate Investment In Solar Energy Surges
A July report by the Solar Energy
Industries Association (SEIA) shows that America's top businesses are investing more into solar energy
as a means to meet power their daily operations, thanks primarily to declining costs.
Forbes. Monday, 29 Jul 2019.
- Solar energy becomes biofuel without solar cells
Soon we will be able to replace fossil fuels with a carbon-neutral product created from solar energy, carbon dioxide and water. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 26 Jul 2019.
- Solar Street Lamps Light Villages in India
Vast areas in India, especially hill and rural areas have limited access to the electricity grid. As part of its big push to expand solar energy, India is now lighting up such areas with tens of thousands of solar street lamps. ...
Voice of America. Wednesday, 10 Jul 2019.
- Disentangling the Renewable Energy Scam
This is how solar energy
can make so much money when it's not even close to profitable.
American Thinker. Monday, 1 Jul 2019.
- The Changing Future Of Solar Technologies
How is the third-generation of solar power going to shape our notions of what solar energy
should look like and what buildings ought to resemble?
Forbes. Saturday, 29 Jun 2019.
- Navajo families who've never had electricity are for the first time seeing the light
There is a major effort to power up Native American lands that never had an electrical grid or adequate solar energy
Fox News. Tuesday, 18 Jun 2019.
- Virginia agency signs off on new solar energy projects
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - A Virginia agency has issued permits for three new solar projects. Gov. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 13 Jun 2019.
- Fuel, Electricity Shortages Force Zimbabweans to Go Solar
Zimbabweans are turning to solar energy
for survival after the government began to cut the power supply for long periods of time amid severe fuel and electricity shortages. ...
Voice of America. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- A firm on an island in the Indian Ocean is developing cutting-edge solar tech
A range of innovations are being used to forecast solar energy
CNBC. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- It Seemed Like a Model Green Energy Firm. But Black Workers Paint a Different Picture.
A half-dozen workers at a New Jersey-based solar energy
company filed a lawsuit claiming they were subjected to racist taunts and were fired when they complained.
New York Times. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- Six former black employees of Momentum Solar sue for racism and discrimination
Six black former employees of solar energy
company Momentum Solar (pictured) are suing the company for racism and discrimination, saying they were victimized and fired if they complained.
Daily Mail. Monday, 6 May 2019.
- The Solar Energy Racket
If solar energy
were not propped up by various government policies and subsidies, no utility would buy it.
American Thinker. Sunday, 5 May 2019.
- Tesla Looks to Regain Its Luster in Solar Energy by Slashing Prices
The company said it would slash the cost of solar energy
by up to 16 percent by standardizing systems and asking customers to take on more responsibilities.
New York Times. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- WEC Energy (WEC) to Add 450-MW Solar Energy in Wisconsin
WEC Energy's (WEC) solar projects to produce renewable energy equivalent to the power consumed by 120,000 Wisconsin households in a year.
Zacks. Friday, 12 Apr 2019.
Solar Energy Contractors News Headlines and News Summaries