This Solar Energy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about solar energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The economic case for rebuilding Puerto Rico's power grid with solar energy
"Bending the Arc" is a new documentary that chronicles the journey of idealistic young doctors who helped change the way public health issues are addressed in developing nations. Dr. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Africa Needs Electricity Now More Than Ever, Especially To Keep COVID-19 Vaccines Cold
Africa is adding solar energy
at a record clip. But the need is urgent now -- not just to combat global warming but to protect against COVID 19.
Forbes. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- More Americans are turning to solar energy to power their homes
Solar tiles and panels are growing in popularity with homeowners as they become more affordable.
CBS News. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Solar energy increased in Illinois; green energy lowers cost, according to expert
Illinois has seen a major jump in solar energy
use since 2018, according to Headline Solar.
ABC News. Sunday, 18 Apr 2021.
- Urbanista's Los Angeles headphones harness solar energy for endless playtime
When it comes to charging accessories, we're largely getting used to companies finally jumping aboard the USB-C bandwagon and being pleased with themselves
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 15 Apr 2021.
- American Electric (AEP), Opdenergy Ink Solar Energy Deal
Per American Electric's (AEP) latest signed PPA, Opdenergy will develop a solar plant with generating capacity of 80-megawatt (MWac), in Jefferson County, WV.
Zacks. Monday, 5 Apr 2021.
- Solar Installation Hits a Record in 2020: ETF to Tap the Boom
Solar installation jumped 43% year over year in 2020, reaching a new high of 19.2 new capacity, per the latest report from the Solar Energy
Industries Association (SEIA) and Wood Mackenize.
Zacks. Tuesday, 16 Mar 2021.
- Going Solar at Home
Switching to solar energy
allows you to control and store your own power, and save on utilities.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 19 Feb 2021.
- West Virginia solar energy project clears regulatory hurdle
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) - A planned solar electric generating facility in West Virginia has cleared a regulatory hurdle. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 16 Feb 2021.
- 2D compound shows unique versatility
A unique two-dimensional material shows distinct properties on each side, depending on polarization by an external electric field. The pairing of antimony and indium selenide could have applications in solar energy
and quantum computing.
Science Daily. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Using solar energy and agriculture to limit climate change, assist rural communities
Co-developing land for both solar photovoltaic power and agriculture could provide 20% of total electricity generation in the United States with an investment of less than 1% of the annual US budget, new researchers found.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- Why Is Solar Energy Getting 250 Times More In Federal Tax Credits Than Nuclear?
In 2018, the American solar industry got roughly 250 times as much in federal tax incentives as the nuclear sector, when compared by the amount of energy produced. ...
Forbes. Sunday, 27 Dec 2020.
- Solar Energy Project in Nevada Will Be Biggest in United States
The Department of the Interior approved the $1 billion project on Monday despite concerns for threatened wildlife
Smithsonian. Friday, 15 May 2020.
Solar Energy Contractors News Headlines and News Summaries