This Solar Energy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about solar energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 2D compound shows unique versatility
A unique two-dimensional material shows distinct properties on each side, depending on polarization by an external electric field. The pairing of antimony and indium selenide could have applications in solar energy
and quantum computing.
Science Daily. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Using solar energy and agriculture to limit climate change, assist rural communities
Co-developing land for both solar photovoltaic power and agriculture could provide 20% of total electricity generation in the United States with an investment of less than 1% of the annual US budget, new researchers found.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- Why Is Solar Energy Getting 250 Times More In Federal Tax Credits Than Nuclear?
In 2018, the American solar industry got roughly 250 times as much in federal tax incentives as the nuclear sector, when compared by the amount of energy produced. ...
Forbes. Sunday, 27 Dec 2020.
- Climate, Energy, And Essential Infrastructure In Texas
Essential infrastructure is on the agenda of the upcoming biennial session of the Texas legislature...it should not be wind and solar energy
versus oil and gas producers. Both can win.
Forbes. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- NiSource's (NI) Arm to Buy 280MW Energy From Capital Dynamics
NiSource (NI) unit NIPSCO enters into a Power Purchase Agreement with Capital Dynamics' CEI to buy 280 MW of solar energy
from the latter's Gibson Solar project.
Zacks. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
- Amazon's (AMZN) 26 Projects to Bolster Carbon Neutrality Efforts
Amazon (AMZN) announces 26 new utility-scale wind and solar energy
projects, which will be located in the United States, the U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Italy, South Africa and Sweden.
Zacks. Friday, 11 Dec 2020.
- Jonathan Scott gets political in new song 'Being Honest' about solar energy issues in US
"Property Brothers" star Jonathan Scott gets political in new song 'Being Honest' about solar energy
in the U.S. The HGTV star premiered his first-ever documentary about it on PBS.
Fox News. Monday, 30 Nov 2020.
- Exclusive: NextEra Energy in $15 billion bid for Evergy - sources
NextEra Energy Inc, the world's largest producer of wind and solar energy, has made a roughly $15 billion all-stock acquisition offer for U.S. power utility Evergy Inc, people familiar with the matter said on Monday. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 9 Nov 2020.
- Solar Energy Is On Track To Become The New Energy King
When COVID-19 started its relentless march across the globe in March, there was some concern that it would put the solar industry to a halt. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Solar Energy Project in Nevada Will Be Biggest in United States
The Department of the Interior approved the $1 billion project on Monday despite concerns for threatened wildlife
Smithsonian. Friday, 15 May 2020.
Solar Energy Contractors News Headlines and News Summaries