This Solar Energy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about solar energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- OGE Energy Builds Two Solar Farms in Oklahoma, Cuts Emission
OGE Energy (OGE) concludes building two 5 megawatt solar energy
plants in southeast Oklahoma, which will serve the needs of local tribal communities.
Zacks. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- TOTAL & Google Cloud's Solar Mapper to Drive Solar Energy Use
TOTAL (TOT) and Google Cloud develop a new tool, Solar Mapper, which could increase the installation of solar panels in individual houses and lower emissions.
Zacks. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Researcher analyzes the use of solar energy at US airports
By studying 488 public airports in the United States, researchers found that 20% of them have adopted solar photovoltaic (PV), commonly known as solar panels, over the last decade.
Science Daily. Monday, 21 Sep 2020.
- California offshore winds show promise as power source
One of the challenges of moving toward fully renewable energy in California by 2045 is matching production to demand. Consumer demand peaks in the evening when solar energy
is no longer available. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020.
- The Next Energy Battle: Renewables vs. Natural Gas
As coal declines and wind and solar energy
rise, some are pushing to limit the use of natural gas, but utilities say they are not ready to do so.
New York Times. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Israel unveils 80 billion shekel plan to boost solar energy
Israel's Energy Ministry unveiled an 80 billion shekel ($22.8 billion) plan to increase the use of solar power over the next decade as the country's population and energy demand are set to surge.
Reuters. Monday, 1 Jun 2020.
- Solar Energy Project in Nevada Will Be Biggest in United States
The Department of the Interior approved the $1 billion project on Monday despite concerns for threatened wildlife
Smithsonian. Friday, 15 May 2020.
- Las Vegas has $1bn plan to supply 260k homes with solar power
The Trump administration has approved a new solar energy
project that will supply an estimated 260,000 Las Vegas homes with renewable energy, set for completion in December of 2023.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 12 May 2020.
- Tesla aims to revitalize its solar energy and storage business this year after 2019 slump
After its energy business dipped in 2019, Tesla is under pressure to ramp up hiring and production at its solar panel factory in Buffalo, New York.
CNBC. Saturday, 15 Feb 2020.
Solar Energy Contractors News Headlines and News Summaries