This Solar Energy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about solar energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Duke Energy's Largest Solar Plant Starts Operation in Texas
With the Holstein Solar project, Duke Energy (DUK) is now operating four solar generation facilities in Texas and is poised to become a nationwide leader in solar energy
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Cooling mechanism increases solar energy harvesting for self-powered outdoor sensors
Thermoelectric devices, which use the temperature difference between the top and bottom of the device to generate power, offer some promise for harnessing naturally occurring energy. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- The Next Energy Battle: Renewables vs. Natural Gas
As coal declines and wind and solar energy
rise, some are pushing to limit the use of natural gas, but utilities say they are not ready to do so.
New York Times. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Crystal structure discovered almost 200 years ago could hold key to solar cell revolution
Solar energy researchers are shining their scientific spotlight on materials with a crystal structure discovered nearly two centuries ago.
Science Daily. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- First Solar, Dow Ink Deal to Promote Solar Energy in Texas
First Solar's (FSLR) Horizon solar project set to supply energy to Dow's petrochemical site in Texas
Zacks. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- Wine, solar energy and a joint with Jimi Hendrix: The interesting life of Dusty Baker
Dusty Baker isn't simply a retired baseball player and manager. And he was, and is, good at both. But there is so much more to the most interesting man in baseball.
ESPN. Monday, 15 Jun 2020.
- Israel unveils 80 billion shekel plan to boost solar energy
Israel's Energy Ministry unveiled an 80 billion shekel ($22.8 billion) plan to increase the use of solar power over the next decade as the country's population and energy demand are set to surge.
Reuters. Monday, 1 Jun 2020.
- German parties end row over on-shore wind turbines, lift solar energy cap
Germany's ruling coalition reached a compromise deal in a row over minimum distance requirements for on-shore wind turbines to residences, Environment Minister Svenja Schulze said on Monday.
Reuters. Monday, 18 May 2020.
- Solar Energy Project in Nevada Will Be Biggest in United States
The Department of the Interior approved the $1 billion project on Monday despite concerns for threatened wildlife
Smithsonian. Friday, 15 May 2020.
- GM to buy enough solar to power Tennessee plant by late 2022
SPRING HILL, Tenn. (AP) - General Motors plans to buy enough solar energy
to power its Tennessee assembly plant by late 2022. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 15 May 2020.
- Las Vegas has $1bn plan to supply 260k homes with solar power
The Trump administration has approved a new solar energy
project that will supply an estimated 260,000 Las Vegas homes with renewable energy, set for completion in December of 2023.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 12 May 2020.
- Bahamas going solar to protect power grid from future hurricanes
A tiny country in "Hurricane Alley" is trying to be an example to the world after Category 5 storms demolished parts of its electrical grid. Bill Whitaker reports on the Bahamas' adoption of solar energy
CBS News. Wednesday, 22 Apr 2020.
- Tesla aims to revitalize its solar energy and storage business this year after 2019 slump
After its energy business dipped in 2019, Tesla is under pressure to ramp up hiring and production at its solar panel factory in Buffalo, New York.
CNBC. Saturday, 15 Feb 2020.
- Want An EV Powered By Solar Energy? Buy An Audi E-Tron
An EV is only as clean as its energy source.
Forbes. Thursday, 6 Feb 2020.
- Creating Energy Independence With Solar Panels & Storage Battery Systems In The Home
These houses require photo voltaic (PV) panels to provide energy and batteries to store the energy for periods when there is no solar energy
and/or inclement weather.
Forbes. Sunday, 26 Jan 2020.
Solar Energy Contractors News Headlines and News Summaries