This Solar Energy news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about solar energy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Fuel, Electricity Shortages Force Zimbabweans to Go Solar
Zimbabweans are turning to solar energy for survival after the government began to cut the power supply for long periods of time amid severe fuel and electricity shortages. ...
Voice of America. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Anheuser-Busch completes central NY solar power project
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Anheuser-Busch has wrapped up work on a large solar energy project that will help power a brewery in central New York state. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Just like toothpaste: Fluoride radically improves the stability of perovskite solar cells
Solar cells made of perovskite hold much promise for the future of solar energy. However, the material degrades quickly, severely limiting its efficiency and stability over time. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- A firm on an island in the Indian Ocean is developing cutting-edge solar tech
A range of innovations are being used to forecast solar energy.
CNBC. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Copper oxide photocathodes: Laser experiment reveals location of efficiency loss
Solar cells and photocathodes made of copper oxide might in theory attain high efficiencies for solar energy conversion. In practice, however, large losses occur. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- It Seemed Like a Model Green Energy Firm. But Black Workers Paint a Different Picture.
A half-dozen workers at a New Jersey-based solar energy company filed a lawsuit claiming they were subjected to racist taunts and were fired when they complained.
New York Times. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- The Solar Energy Racket
If solar energy were not propped up by various government policies and subsidies, no utility would buy it.
American Thinker. Sunday, 5 May 2019.
- Tesla Looks to Regain Its Luster in Solar Energy by Slashing Prices
The company said it would slash the cost of solar energy by up to 16 percent by standardizing systems and asking customers to take on more responsibilities.
New York Times. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- CEO of 8minutenergy: Someday Solar Energy Will Be Nearly Free
8minutenergy CEO Thomas Buttgenbach foresees a future where solar energy is nearly free. That creates a lot of new possibilities.
Forbes. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- South Africa's energy revolution: Young generation uses solar energy to fight blackouts
A major energy crisis is affecting millions of people's livelihoods in South Africa. Widespread blackouts cost the country's economy up to $284 million every day. ...
CBS News. Monday, 22 Apr 2019.
- WEC Energy (WEC) to Add 450-MW Solar Energy in Wisconsin
WEC Energy's (WEC) solar projects to produce renewable energy equivalent to the power consumed by 120,000 Wisconsin households in a year.
Zacks. Friday, 12 Apr 2019.
- Malaysia former first lady hit with fresh corruption charge
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) - The wife of Malaysia's former Prime Minister Najib Razak was hit Wednesday with a new corruption charge over a solar energy contract. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 10 Apr 2019.
- Battery Foolishness in Florida
The largest electric utility in Florida is proposing building the world’s largest battery to smooth the output of solar energy installations.
American Thinker. Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019.
- After being rocked by Trump tariffs, the solar energy business is bouncing back
After two years of job losses in the solar industry, a California mandate is welcome and advocates are projecting demand to pick up.
CNBC. Friday, 5 Apr 2019.
- Scam ads promoting fake tax breaks prosper on Facebook
Scam ads featuring state governor photos and fake solar energy tax breaks prospered on Facebook for more than a year
ABC News. Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019.
Solar energy panels
Related Directory Page(s)
Solar Energy Contractors News Headlines and News Summaries