This Software news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about software news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Microsoft, once considered a boring software maker, has outperformed tech unicorns since 2015
Microsoft shares have gained 133% since November 2015, outperforming a tech "basket of unicorns" over that stretch.
CNBC. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- German appeals court rules in favor of VW diesel owners
A regional appeals court in Karlsruhe on Friday ruled that German Volkswagen dealers must take back cars fitted with illegal software devices or give their customers new vehicles.
CNBC. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Ivy goes international with international design software
Ivy, business management software for interior design firms, is going international. The post Ivy goes international with international design software appeared first on Furniture Today.
Furniture Today. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Election Software Vendor: Can Prove No Breach by Russians
A Florida manufacturer of voter registration software says it has proof its systems were not breached by Russians in 2016, Politico is reporting.
Newsmax. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Inspectors feel pressured to ignore critical safety issues
The acting head of the FAA said he cannot give a timetable for the return of the 737 MAX. The jets are grounded as Boeing completes a software fix after two deadly crashes. Tony Dokoupil reports.
CBS News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Minecraft Earth update: Release date, formats and all you need to know about the AR game
With the mighty success of Pokemon Go and other AR games, it makes sense that software giant Microsoft wants a slice of that action. After all, it owns
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Apple to warn iPhone users about update impact
The tech giant must tell customers if a software update will slow down their iPhone, UK regulator has said.
BBC News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- China cuts taxes on circuit industry in face of US pressure
BEIJING (AP) - China is cutting taxes on its fledgling software and integrated circuit industries to spur development in the face of U.S. export controls that threaten to handicap Chinese tech companies. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Virginia software startup to expand, create 40 jobs
BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) - A Virginia software startup is expanding its operations and adding 40 new jobs. Blacksburg-based Ozmo builds software used in troubleshooting problems with cellphones and other devices. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Huawei apt to be stripped of Google services after US ban
The Chinese tech giant Huawei faces the loss of the Google-supplied software that sell smartphones, threatening its global sale
ABC News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- After Trump Ban, Huawei Phones Will Lose Access To Google Software
Alphabet's Google, which makes the Android operating system, says it's complying with a U.S. order banning companies from doing business with Huawei.
NPR. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Your older Samsung watch may now have new features - CNET
A new software update for previous Samsung wearables promise improved battery life and fitness functions.
CNET. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Nokia Partners with Ooredoo Qatar to Build 5G Core Network
Nokia's (NOK) AirFrame, CloudBand, voice and Cloud Packet Core, and Nuage Networks Software Defined Network are likely to enhance Ooredoo Qatar's network performance.
Zacks. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Boeing completes 737 Max software upgrade
The firm will seek certification from the US regulator which grounded the jet after two crashes.
BBC News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Report: TurboTax hid entirely free filing service
If you've used online software to file your tax returns, you might not have realized that companies that sell online tax filing services are required to offer lower-income Americans an entirely free option.
Fox News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
Software development planning
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries