This Software news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about software news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Apple software hints at September 10 announcement for the next iPhone
An image in Apple's iOS 13 beta release to developers could offer a clue to its fall event date where it is expected to announce its newest iPhones.
CNBC. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- The Magpie Effect: How Sales Enablement Software Can Distract Leaders From Real Sales Issues
The temptation to believe that technology is the fast fix to solve our problems can be overwhelming. But is there any evidence that these solutions deliver what they promise?
Forbes. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Goodbye PCs, it's been nice knowing you. Hello, desktop as a service
We'll still have PCs on our desks, but with the rise of desktop-as-a-service and software-as-a-service, we're returning to smart-terminals and time-sharing services.
ZDNet. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Capital One accused 'breached 30 other organisations'
US prosecutors claim other companies were hit by a software
developer accused of stealing Capital One customer data.
BBC News. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Five Security And Privacy Measures That Software CompaniesCan Take Now
Companies should refine their business models and practices and go beyond offering mere compliance with security standards.
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: Asure Software, GrubHub, GoDaddy and Vipshop
Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: Asure Software, GrubHub, GoDaddy and Vipshop
Zacks. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Amazon's Rekognition falsely matched lawmakers to criminals... again, ACLU says - CNET
Amazon says the ACLU is misrepresenting its facial recognition software
CNET. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Amazon's AI can now detect fear: Rekognition software can better read emotions and predict age
Amazon software, called 'Rekognition', has added 'fear' to its list of detectable emotions. The company says its has also improved the software's ability to identify gender and age more accurately.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Biostar security software 'leaked a million fingerprints'
Biometric security software
Biostar 2 was found to have exposed sensitive user data online.
BBC News. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Amazon says its facial recognition can now identify fear
Amazon claimed this week its facial recognition software, Rekognition, can now detect a person's fear on top of accurately identifying other emotions.
CNBC. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Facial recognition mistakes lawmakers for CRIMINALS in tests conducted by ACLU
In a demonstration by the ACLU, about 26 California lawmakers were misidentified by face-matching software
built by Amazon, putting the rate of a mismatch at about 1 in 5.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Huawei's EMUI 10 software update announced: When will it come to your phone?
Huawei has revealed EMUI 10 - a software
update coming to new Huawei Android devices as well as many older devices from the last couple of years.EMUI is
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Magic Software (MGIC) Q2 Earnings Match Estimates
(MGIC) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 0.00% and 0.67%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2019. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Brivity now exclusive partner in KW Marketplace
platform now integrates with KW Command and its mobile app is the exclusive provider of custom websites and pay-per-lead services.
Inman. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Twitter bots emerge ahead of Canadian election, but influence is unclear
Automated Twitter accounts run by software
instead of human beings are active on the social media platform, but experts say there are limits to their reach.
CBC News. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries