This Software news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about software news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Exclusive: Endpoint Health Launches To Bring Targeted Therapies To Critically Ill Patients
With $12 million in funding, the company is building artificial intelligence software, diagnostic tests and partnerships with pharma companies to match patients with the best treatments.
Forbes. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Alphabet's Google to commit $10 billion to India
The commitment highlights Google's focus on the rapid pace of growth of apps and software
platforms in India.
CNBC. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- For 20 Years, His Firm Called Him Antoine. Now Mohamed Is Suing.
Mohamed Amghar, a retired software
sales manager in France, has filed a discrimination complaint against his former employer, accusing the company of making him use a traditional French name at work.
New York Times. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- A textbook Wall Street activism play is unfolding with underperforming software company Virtusa
A battle heats up between a deep-research investor with a private equity mindset and an underperforming small cap software
CNBC. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Top 3 Reasons Why You Should Invest in Business Software Now
Many companies are cutting costs right now, but adding more tech to your operations can help your bottom line.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Apple apps collapse as Facebook takes blame
Apps which integrate with Facebook's software
were unusable for a while, thanks to a code change.
BBC News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Simulations Plus (SLP) Q3 Earnings & Revenues Beat Estimates
Simulations Plus (SLP) third-quarter fiscal 2020 results reflect solid software
and service revenue growth amid coronavirus crisis.
Zacks. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- IBM Signs Deal to Acquire Software Provider WDG Automation
IBM's acquisition of WDG Automation is expected to boost automation capabilities and fortify position in the RPA space.
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Elon Musk says full self-driving Tesla tech 'very close'
A future software
update could activate full "level-five" autonomy in cars, the Tesla founder says.
BBC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Chatbots can ease medical providers' burden, offer guidance to those with COVID-19 symptoms
Research finds that chatbots -- software
applications that conduct online chats via text or text-to-speech -- working for reputable organizations can ease the burden on medical providers and offer trusted guidance to those with symptoms.
Science Daily. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Android 11: Launch date, features and everything else you need to know
Following four developer previews of the software, Google has released Android 11 as a public beta, and that means anyone who wants to install it on their
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- How AI-Based Software Can Optimize Your Tax-Prep
With filing date inching closer, entrepreneurs must initiate the process efficiently.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Virus-Tracing Apps Are Rife With Problems. Governments Are Rushing to Fix Them.
As countries race to deploy coronavirus-tracking software, researchers are reporting privacy and security risks that could affect millions of people and undermine trust in public health efforts.
New York Times. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Apple's testing HomePod's ability to support Spotify and other third-party music services
Apple is testing HomePod's ability to support Spotify and other third-party music services. The software
is being tested by a group of HomePod testers
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Researchers develop software to find drug-resistant bacteria
The program could make it easier to identify the deadly antimicrobial resistant bacteria that exist in the environment. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries