This Soft Drink news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about soft drinks from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'Buy one, get one free' deals on fizzy drinks, crisps and fatty foods will be banned from April 2022
Free refills of sugary soft drinks
will be prohibited in restaurants and fast food outlets. The curbs will apply to promotions for food and drinks high in fat, salt or sugar.
Daily Mail. Monday, 28 Dec 2020.
- Increase in the cost of gasoline, soft drinks and cigarettes as of January 1, 2021
Each year the tax adjustment is made, therefore, the Ministry of Finance updated the IEPS quotas applicable to said products.
Entrepreneur. Saturday, 26 Dec 2020.
- Coronavirus: Coca-Cola restructuring cuts 2,200 jobs worldwide
The soft drinks
giant says it has had to speed up its restructuring plan due to the coronavirus.
BBC News. Friday, 18 Dec 2020.
- 5 Top Soft Drinks Stocks to Watch as Industry Gains From At-Home Sales
5 Top Soft Drinks
Stocks to Watch as Industry Gains From At-Home Sales
Zacks. Thursday, 10 Dec 2020.
- 'All the Sugar and Twice the Caffeine': The Electrifying History of Jolt Cola
Jolt Cola debuted in 1986 and promised a departure from the "wimpy" Coca-Cola and Pepsi offerings by promising almost as much caffeine as soft drinks
could legally contain.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- Drinking diet coke is just as bad for you as full fat
French researchers tracked more than 104,000 people over ten years, looking at how many sugary or sugar-free soft drinks
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Coca-Cola is calling time on iconic diet soda Tab
It was the beverage giant's first diet soft drink, but sales started sliding when Diet Coke came along.
CBS News. Sunday, 18 Oct 2020.
- Remembering PepsiCo CEO Donald Kendall, Who Aggressively Grew The Brand
Kendall, who helmed the soft drinks
giant for 23 years from 1963 to1986, is best known for transforming the New York-based company into the primary competitor of Coca-Cola.
Forbes. Tuesday, 22 Sep 2020.
Soft Drinks News Headlines and News Summaries