This Social Worker news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about social worker and social work news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Ex-USC social work dean pleads guilty in Mark Ridley-Thomas bribery case
Marilyn Flynn formally pleaded guilty to bribery in a downtown L.A. federal courtroom.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 20 Sep 2022.
- Mother who shook ten-week-old daughter to death spared jail as she gets two year suspended sentence
Mother Lauren Saint George (pictured), 25 of Enfield, who shook her ten-week-old daughter to death after social workers allowed her baby to be taken home has today been spared jail.
Daily Mail. Friday, 9 Sep 2022.
- Teen killer bought knife and stabbed 16-year-old to death despite being under social services care
Jamal Waddell, 17, armed himself with a knife and stabbed 16-year-old Dylan Holliday to death and stabbed a friend moments after he was dropped off in Wellingborough, by social workers.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 8 Sep 2022.
- I-Team New 9-1-1 response strategy
The I-Team uncovers how specially trained police and social workers are teaming to respond to some 9-1-1 emergencies in the Chicago area.
ABC News. Wednesday, 31 Aug 2022.
- Social worker at Patton psychiatric hospital charged with raping patients
Christopher Lee Smart is charged with sexual crimes against patients from 2014 to 2018 inside the state facility.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 25 Aug 2022.
- Dylan Holliday death: The armed killer not spotted by social workers
The mother of a teenage stabbing victim asks whether more could have been done to prevent the killing.
BBC News. Thursday, 4 Aug 2022.
- Leiland-James Corkill: Killer lied to social workers, report finds
Laura Castle "repeatedly misled" social workers while trying to adopt Leiland-James Corkill.
BBC News. Thursday, 28 Jul 2022.
- Young mother found guilty of infanticide of 10-week-old daughter
A young mum shook her baby to death after social workers allowed her to go home from hospital despite medical staff warnings over her ability to care for the child.
Sky News. Monday, 25 Jul 2022.
- Kentucky social worker awarded $2 million for retaliation claim
The trial for a Kentucky state social worker
who filed a lawsuit because he felt he was being mistreated by his supervisors has resulted in a $2 million reward.
Fox News. Thursday, 14 Jul 2022.
- Council leader apologises 'unreservedly' over missed signs before toddler's murder
Council leaders in Bradford have apologised "unreservedly" to the family of murdered toddler Star Hobson, after admitting "key signs" were missed by social workers which could have saved her life.
Sky News. Tuesday, 28 Jun 2022.
Social Workers News Headlines and News Summaries