This Social Security news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about social security news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Why some investors are banking on a bitcoin IRA instead of Social Security
More investors are turning to self-directed IRA accounts as a way to bet on bitcoin in their retirement portfolios.
CNBC. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- RNC Chairwoman McDaniel: Biden smacks social security administration in political purge that is unprecedented
President Biden violated the independent mission of the Social Security
Administration by firing Commissioner Saul earlier this year not for his work performance but for political motivations.
Fox News. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Social Security checks may see biggest hike in four decades
Annual benefit hike could top 6% due to fast-rising inflation. But retirees would have to wait until 2022 to see it.
CBS News. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- Social Security recipients may see cost-of-living boost in 2022
Some financial relief may be coming to the 69 million Americans who collect Social Security
. Advocacy groups project they're on track to get a 6.1% cost-of-living adjustment, the biggest increase since 1983. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- US Social Security payments could rise 6.1% due to soaring inflation
payments could rise 6.1 percent next year due to soaring inflation, which would be the largest increase since 1983, according to a new estimate.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- Column: The firing of a wretched Trump appointee opens the door to expanding Social Security
Biden's ouster of Trump vandal Andrew M. Saul presents the opportunity for expanding benefits.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- Ask Larry: Will Social Security Penalize Me Because Of My Earnings?
Today's column addresses questions about Social Security's earnings test, options once reaching full retirement age and having received disability benefits and which month can be optimal to file in.
Forbes. Sunday, 11 Jul 2021.
- Biden fires Trump-appointed head of Social Security agency
- Biden Fires Trump Appointee as Head of Social Security Administration
The dismissal, the latest effort by President Biden to oust a Trump-appointed director of an independent executive agency, could set off a legal showdown over who rightfully holds the position.
New York Times. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Biden fires Social Security boss, a Trump appointee who refused to resign
The White House said the Social Security
commissioner, Andrew Saul, "undermined and politicized" the agency's benefits.
CNBC. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Biden fires Social Security Commissioner Andrew Saul, who says he isn't leaving
President Biden fired Social Security
Commissioner Andrew Saul on Friday amid an ongoing dispute over his leadership of the independent agency responsible for administering retirement and disability benefits.
Fox News. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Biden Fires Trump-Appointed Head Of Social Security Administration
Andrew Saul had refused to resign, the White House said, and he told the Washington Post that the move was not legal.
Forbes. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Orlando Pulse shooting victim claimed disability after left unable to repay social security $20000
Tony Marrero was shot four times in the back in the deadly Orlando terror attack at Pulse nightclub in June 2016. He was left unable to work for some time and claimed disability benefits.
Daily Mail. Monday, 7 Jun 2021.
- Douglas Elliman data breach impacts thousands of New Yorkers
Douglas Elliman's property management arm suffered a data breach on April 7 that exposed residents' Social Security, driver's license and passport numbers.
Inman. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- People who receive Social Security benefits could receive stimulus payments today: IRS
Those who receive Social Security
benefits could receive their stimulus payments today.
ABC News. Wednesday, 7 Apr 2021.
Social Security News Headlines and News Summaries