This Social Security news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about social security news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Column: U.S. billionaires are done with Social Security taxes for 2021, but you'll pay all year
Underscoring income inequality, America's billionaires are already done paying their Social Security
taxes for 2021.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Understanding The Social Security Rules For Widows And Widowers
They're complicated, and President-elect Biden wants to reform them.
Forbes. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- California unemployment: Fraudulent claims filed in name of US Senator Dianne Feinstein
Federal prosecutors in California have accused four women of filing fraudulent unemployment benefits, including $21,000 that went to an address under the name and Social Security
number of U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein.
ABC News. Saturday, 19 Dec 2020.
- Female Workers Could Take Another Pandemic Hit: To Their Retirements
Unequal job losses now will translate into smaller nest eggs and Social Security
benefits down the road.
New York Times. Friday, 11 Dec 2020.
- Column: Is Joe Biden secretly planning to cut your Social Security?
advocates are nervous about President-elect Joe Biden. Should they be?
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 3 Dec 2020.
- US Fertility is targeted in ransomware attack where patients' health data was stolen
US Fertility said it was targeted in a ransomware attack on September 14 that stole patients' names, addresses and in some cases private health data and Social Security
Daily Mail. Thursday, 26 Nov 2020.
- For Social Security Chief Andrew Saul, Customer Service Is Job 1
The commissioner is fixing the way the agency assists older Americans.
Forbes. Wednesday, 25 Nov 2020.
- Scotland's Halloween 'not cancelled' during Covid
SNP Social Security
Secretary Shirley-Anne Somerville urged families to mark Halloween as a household during Covid.
BBC News. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Social Security, Medicare Responsible For Bulk Of National Debt: Report
Medicare may face bankruptcy in as little as four years
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Trump hits Biden on Social Security, Medicare flip flops
With just barely more than a week to go before the November election, President Donald Trump has been taking Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden to task for his flippant record on cutting Medicare and Social Security
Fox News. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Social Security raise: Checks to increase by 1.3% in 2021
If you receive Social Security, you'll notice a bump in your monthly checks starting in January.
ABC News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Social Security recipients to get extra $20 a month in 2021
Next year's cost of living adjustment is 1.3%, but some say the adjustment doesn't reflect real costs for seniors.
CBS News. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Social Security's 2021 increase may be among smallest ever
Projected 1.3% bump would come after Social Security
benefits have lost almost one-third of their buying power.
CBS News. Friday, 25 Sep 2020.
- Graphs reveal what the 'Karens' of the future will be called based on name trends
Reddit user T1m_Burr used data from the U.S. Social Security
Administration to determine which names are likely to become the next 'Karen.'
Daily Mail. Saturday, 26 Sep 2020.
- FACT CHECK: Did Joe Biden Say He And Kamala Harris Will Defund Social Security?
'The Biden Plan will put the program on a path to long-term solvency'
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020.
Social Security News Headlines and News Summaries