This Social Security news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about social security news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Capital One data breach hits more than 100 million people
The hacker got information including credit scores and balances plus the Social Security
numbers of about 140,000 customers
CBS News. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- Capital One data breach involves 100 million credit card applications - CNET
Data stolen also included 140,000 Social Security
numbers and 80,000 bank account numbers.
CNET. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- Capital One Contradicts Itself In 35 Words After Announcing Millions Were Affected In Breach
Capitol One told its customers the company’s data breach did not compromise any social security
or bank account numbers, except for tens of thousands of them, with about 100 million U.S. applicants affected in total. ...
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- The Capital One hack is unlike any other, with allegations of a single engineer wreaking havoc
The incident involved theft of more than 100 million customer records, 140,000 Social Security
numbers and 80,000 linked bank details.
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- Woman arrested in massive Capital One data breach impacting over 100 million people
Capital One believes about 140,000 Social Security
numbers of its credit card customers and around 80,000 linked bank account numbers were compromised.
ABC News. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- Capital One data breach exposes tens of thousands of Social Security numbers, linked bank accounts
Capital One says a data breach exposed personal information of its customers, including Social Security
details and bank account numbers.
CNBC. Monday, 29 Jul 2019.
- Older Voters Put Climate Change Above Health Care And Social Security In Next Avenue Reader Survey
Here's what Next Avenue readers said are their top 2020 election issues.
Forbes. Monday, 29 Jul 2019.
- Dan Crenshaw Slams Social Security
Congressman Crenshaw Busts Top Social Security
Daily Caller. Friday, 26 Jul 2019.
- Tax Increases to Fund Social Security Expansion Will Cut Medicare, Income Tax Receipts
The House of Representatives may soon pass legislation that would dramatically increase Social Security
taxes for all workers. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 25 Jul 2019.
- What consumers are entitled to in the $700 million Equifax settlement
Credit reporting agency Equifax will likely pay out a $700 million settlement over the 2017 data breach that exposed the social security
numbers of millions of people.
ABC News. Monday, 22 Jul 2019.
- What's More Likely: A Social Security Cut or Fix?
Despite the reams of retirement planning advice out there, there will always be some people, many through no fault of their own, who are unable to save enough money to retire comfortably.
Newsmax. Thursday, 18 Jul 2019.
- When delaying your Social Security benefits pays off
The impact of your age when you begin collecting benefits can be more financially significant than you think
CBS News. Monday, 1 Jul 2019.
- Study: Retirees lose by taking Social Security at wrong time
It's tough to decide when to start taking Social Security
benefits and it appears many people are shorting themselves with their choice. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 28 Jun 2019.
- Dem Wants New Death Tax to Fund Social Security
Legislation proposing a hike in the estate tax to boost a Social Security
shortfall was proposed by Sen. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., on Tuesday.
Newsmax. Tuesday, 25 Jun 2019.
- Top Baby Names in Texas in 2018: Liam and Emma
Earlier this month, the Social Security
Administration released the most popular baby names in the U.S. but now the government agency is breaking it down by state. Photo Credit: Getty Images.
NBC. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
Social Security News Headlines and News Summaries